ECT The Scriptures reveal who God will be spending eternity with

ZacharyB

God has seen the past, present, future -- He knows peoples’ hearts, thoughts, motives
“I make known the end from the beginning … and what is still to come” (Isaiah 46:1
“… whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men.” (1 Kings 8:39)
“the LORD searches every heart & understands every motive behind the thoughts” (1 Chr 28:9)
“… and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts.”
(Revelation 2:23)

God declares who He desires to spend eternity with
“I dwell in the high and holy place with him who has a contrite and humble spirit” (Isaiah 57:15)
“You will save the humble people” (2 Samuel 22:28)
“Surely He scorns the scornful, but gives grace to the humble” (Proverbs 3:34)
“Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be of a
humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.” (Proverbs 16:18-19)
“… a meek and humble people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.” (Zephaniah 3:12)
“God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)
A repentant heart towards God is absolutely necessary
(confessing your sins and repenting of them).
The poor (in various ways) are the most likely to have the right heart attitude.

Believers with humble and contrite hearts will love Jesus enough to obey His commandments.
They will see to it that they are acceptable to Him; they will be what He has asked them to be.

Jesus is coming for a fully-sanctified church, holy and blameless!
Please witness some select passages taken from amongst a multitude of others.
I decided to limit them to a perfect baker’s dozen …
• “I beseech you therefore, brethren … that you present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.” (Rom 12:1)
• “… so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” (1 Thes 3:13)
• “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely;
and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thes 5:23)
• “But you, O man of God, flee these things (sins) and pursue righteousness, godliness
… Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called
… I urge you … that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless
until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing” (1 Tim 6:11-14)
• “… that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault
… holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice
in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.” (Phil 2:15-16)
• “rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you
at the revelation of Jesus Christ (at His second coming);
as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance;
but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written,
‘Be holy, for I am holy.’ And if you call on the Father, who without partiality
judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time
of your stay here in fear” (1 Pet 1:13-17)
• “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying
ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify
for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.” (Titus 2:11-14)
• “… beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,
perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Cor 7:1)
• “He chose us (the “faithful” saints, 1:1) in Him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love” (Eph 1:4)
• “… that He (Jesus) might sanctify and cleanse her (the church) with the washing of water
by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or
wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.” (Eph 5:27)
• “He has reconciled … to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight –
IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and (IF you) are not moved
away from the hope of the gospel which you heard … warning every man and teaching every
man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.” (Col 1:21-23, 28)
• “… that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires
all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Tim 2:2-4)
• “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual
immorality (etc. etc.) … For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.
Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God” (1 Thes 4:3,7-8)

John decided to lend James a hand ...
• “And everyone who has this hope in Him (to be “children of God”, verses 1 and 2)
purifies himself, just as He is pure.” (1 John 3:3)

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A critical verse has been added to the bottom of the OP.

1Jn 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

LA

way 2 go

Believers with humble and contrite hearts will love Jesus enough to obey His commandments.
They will see to it that they are acceptable to Him; they will be what He has asked them to be.
you can't make yourself righteous to God

Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags

righteousness comes by faith

Rom_4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
you can't make yourself righteous to God

Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags

righteousness comes by faith

Rom_4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

You can make yourself pleasing to God though.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

LA