The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

glorydaz

As it is written..."Faith cometh by hearing..." (Rom 10:17)
I heard about it.
You should stick to the Bible instead of falling for every false doctrine that appears in front of your face.
We don't agree on that.
Which is why you continue to think repent and be baptised to receive the GIFT of the Spirit is speaking to you.

You'll need to move past that before you can have the Holy Spirit dwelling in your.

It is also proof of a real turn (repentance) from sin.
That is what Peter said in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

See, you're stuck right here. No wonder you're confused.
Sorry , but you are using one false doctrine to prop up a...mis-thought.
The only "works" Paul preached against were the works of the Mosaic Law, ie. circumcision, dietary laws, feast keeping etc.

Oops, you forget that Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. He had no need to preach against those works except when preaching to the Jews.
Obeying an apostle's directions on being saved in not a work of the law.
By the grace of God we are equipt with all the things we need to do for salvation...Thanks be to God.

Do you consider "trusting" and "believing" to be "works" that can't exist alongside grace
Obeying John or Peter to get saved today is a work alright.

We believe unto righteousness. Just that simple. It's called the obedience of FAITH.

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

glorydaz

If I actually refused to put my faith in Him and His works, I would still be a sinner and without hope in this wicked world.
I would still be a servant of sin and free of the truth.
Why are you not still a sinner?
If obeying Jesus, and His apostles, is "glorifying myself", what are the folks who disobey Him doing?
Those who believe in Christ's work on the cross are trusting in Him to do HIS good work through us.

glorydaz

Would that be the truth Jesus said could free me from committing sin?
John 8:32-34..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

Or is that truth just for the Jews?
It's certainly addressed to the Jews, isn't it?

He's talking about the bondage of sin under the law.

You are not under the law.....none of us are in this day and age.

Hoping

Banned
You missed the part that said we should walk in newness of life, not that every Christian would walk in newness of life. All Christians have been baptized in Jesus but not all Christians walk pleasing to God.
I guess it depends on what you call a Christian.
Rejecting water baptism will not allow one to cast off the flesh, bury it, or be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)

glorydaz

I guess it depends on what you call a Christian.
Rejecting water baptism will not allow one to cast off the flesh, bury it, or be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)
You're in a sorry state if you are placing that kind of faith in water baptism.

Even worse, you are claiming you are casting off the flesh etc.

Boasting is excluded by the law of FAITH.
Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Hoping

Banned
The remission of all past sins is referring to sins committed before Christ died on the cross.
May I ask where you learned that?
I don't agree.
My past sins were, as Peter said, were remitted at my baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. (Acts 2:38)
You don't think men born after the crucifixion can have their sins remitted?
I am so glad you are wrong about that.
Paul goes on to declare AT THIS TIME the righteousness of God through faith. So the PAST sins have nothing to do with you.
That was indeed the time "he declared it".
But it had happened some years earlier.
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
I had faith that His blood was able to wash away my past sins, and that the blood of Christ was applied to me, and every man who will be baptized into Christ and into His death, burial and raised with Him to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)
Those who are saved are forgiven of all sin.
I will count myself "saved" when I hear my name is in the book of life.
I will not usurp the future judgement of God with hopeful statements.
The converted have been forgiven all their past sins.
If their conversion holds true, they won't sin again.
My answer has to be that neither of your statements are true.
That doesn't make any sense, as the choices were "can I be clean in Christ or can I be sinful in Christ.

glorydaz

You missed the part that said we should walk in newness of life, not that every Christian would walk in newness of life. All Christians have been baptized in Jesus but not all Christians walk pleasing to God.
Some people judge according to the flesh. ie That person is doing such and such. That other person is not doing such and such. Fortunately, God does not judge us according to our works (whether good or bad), but according to His own good pleasure.

Eph. 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hoping

Banned
I understand the conscience, that's why I brought it up.

I thought you were talking about this, and it's is not talking about our conscience. This is talking about the millenium Kingdom.
It will be too late for conversion then.
Where are you learning this line of thought?
  • Hebrews 8:10
    For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
    I
  • Hebrews 10:16
    This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
You are saying the New Testament doesn't apply to anyone but the Jews.
I don't agree.
So when you say the law is written in your heart, you're saying you're just like the heathen who also have a conscience.
I was a heathen.
Now I am a reborn child of God, with His law in my heart/conscience.
There you go boasting in your own obedience.
I can't help but glorify God for what He did for me.
It is available to all men now too.
You'd be wise to ask yourself that question.
In fact, you need to think about your questions before you put them in print.
First you have to understand what Paul is saying before you can ask others if they can make the same claim as Paul.
I can ask myself that question, and, to the glory of God, my life imitates Paul's experience in Gal 2:19-21..."For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

Did you get that part where he said "if righteousness come by the law"?
Well, righteousness has come by a way different than the law of Moses.
It has come by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for all that will submit to His Father.
Righteousness is here for all.

glorydaz

May I ask where you learned that?
I don't agree.
My past sins were, as Peter said, were remitted at my baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. (Acts 2:38)

Peter wasn't talking about past sins. So, you just made that up.
You don't think men born after the crucifixion can have their sins remitted?

I have no idea where you got that crazy idea. Please try to think before you put your foot in your mouth.
I am so glad you are wrong about that.
I wish you had even an inkling of the truth.

I think it's clear your ungodly pride will be your undoing.

That was indeed the time "he declared it".
But it had happened some years earlier.

I had faith that His blood was able to wash away my past sins, and that the blood of Christ was applied to me, and every man who will be baptized into Christ and into His death, burial and raised with Him to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)

I will count myself "saved" when I hear my name is in the book of life.
I will not usurp the future judgement of God with hopeful statements.
The converted have been forgiven all their past sins.
If their conversion holds true, they won't sin again.

That doesn't make any sense, as the choices were "can I be clean in Christ or can I be sinful in Christ.

Well, I'm thinking it's a waste of time to even try and help you find salvation.

glorydaz

Did you get that part where he said "if righteousness come by the law"?
Well, righteousness has come by a way different than the law of Moses.
It has come by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for all that will submit to His Father.
Righteousness is here for all.

You can't even get that right. Very sad.

Hoping

Banned
Why are you not still a sinner?
Because, by the grace of God, I have repented, turned from sin.
I have been enabled to crucify the old man and be raised with Christ as a new creature.
I can now walk after the Spirit instead of after the flesh.
Thank you Jesus !
Those who believe in Christ's work on the cross are trusting in Him to do HIS good work through us.
I agree.
I availed myself of that sacrifice by my water baptism into Christ and into His death on that cross.

glorydaz

Because, by the grace of God, I have repented, turned from sin.
I have been enabled to crucify the old man and be raised with Christ as a new creature.
I can now walk after the Spirit instead of after the flesh.
Thank you Jesus !

I agree.
I availed myself of that sacrifice by my water baptism into Christ and into His death on that cross.
There sure are a lot of "I"'s in your diatribe.

Hoping

Banned
It's certainly addressed to the Jews, isn't it?
It is addressed to humanity.
Don't you think Jesus had anything for us heathens?
He's talking about the bondage of sin under the law.

You are not under the law.....none of us are in this day and age.
That is true, as "by the Law is the knowledge of sin". (Rom 3:20)
No Law, no sin.
But He is also talking about whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
As non-Jews will be judged by their consciences, and all men know right from wrong, Jesus' words apply to all of us.
Even if we don't call murder or lies sin.

Hoping

Banned
You're in a sorry state if you are placing that kind of faith in water baptism.
My faith is in God and in the graceful gifts given us by God, including baptism in the name of Jesu Christ for the remission of sins.
Even worse, you are claiming you are casting off the flesh etc.
All "I" did was obey Jesus, Peter, Paul, James, and John.
I hope you don't consider "obedience" a work of the Law.
Boasting is excluded by the law of FAITH.
Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Amen to that.
Faith can move mountains, and keep us free.

Last edited:

glorydaz

It is addressed to humanity.

Paul's gospel is addressed to "humanity" during this particular time period.
Don't you think Jesus had anything for us heathens?

He did and He appeared to Paul giving him the gospel of grace (for all us heathen).

That is true, as "by the Law is the knowledge of sin". (Rom 3:20)
No Law, no sin.
But He is also talking about whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
As non-Jews will be judged by their consciences, and all men know right from wrong, Jesus' words apply to all of us.
Even if we don't call murder or lies sin.
Matthew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

That is Jesus talking. Don't you believe Him?

No one will be judged by their conscience.

Hoping

Banned
Some people judge according to the flesh. ie That person is doing such and such. That other person is not doing such and such. Fortunately, God does not judge us according to our works (whether good or bad), but according to His own good pleasure.
That isn't what the bible says.
It is written..."For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." (2 Cor 5:10)
Eph. 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
To the praise of the glory of His grace...amen!
I am so happy that I am "in Him".
For "in Him" I have redemption through His blood.

glorydaz

My faith is in God and in the graceful gifts given us by God, including baptism in the name of Jesu Christ for the remission of sins.

All "I" did was obey Peter, Paul, James, and John.
I hope you don't consider "obedience" a work of the Law.

Amen to that.
Faith can move mountains, and keep us free.
Okay, here's one from your side of town.

Matthew 10:14
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Hoping

Banned
Peter wasn't talking about past sins. So, you just made that up.
I guess Paul didn't know when he wrote Rom 3:25..."Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"
I have no idea where you got that crazy idea. Please try to think before you put your foot in your mouth.
In your post 398 you wrote that the remitted sins were from before the cross.
Were that true, nobody on earth now could have their sins remitted.
I wish you had even an inkling of the truth.
I think it's clear your ungodly pride will be your undoing.

Well, I'm thinking it's a waste of time to even try and help you find salvation.
I already found it, and it includes freedom from service to sin. (John 8:32-34)