The redeemed Church is Gods peculiar people !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes it does, that's how I was able to highlight it to view!

No, it doesn't. It does not say what you want it to say.

It says something that you have interpreted it to mean what you want it to say, but it actually says something else.

Nothing wrong with cherry-picking

Cherry-picking scripture is ALWAYS the wrong way to study scripture.

verses to make a scriptural point,

Using verses to make a point only works if the verses actually support the point you're trying to make.

In your case, they do not.

thats what they are for.

Wrong.

As long as its done wisely and with prudence.

Which you have not done once. All you do is brute-force your meaning into the text.

I have never seen a poster yet not cherry-pick verses, including you sir!

Supra.

beloved57

No, it doesn't. It does not say what you want it to say.

It says something that you have interpreted it to mean what you want it to say, but it actually says something else.

Cherry-picking scripture is ALWAYS the wrong way to study scripture.

Using verses to make a point only works if the verses actually support the point you're trying to make.

In your case, they do not.

Wrong.

Which you have not done once. All you do is brute-force your meaning into the text.

Supra.
Thats how you find scripture to cherry pick, from studying scripture duh !

Nanja

There's only one Chosen, treasured People, and they are in Christ, who is the Head of His Body the Church, outside of Christ all are damned vessels of wrath headed for destruction, no matter their race friend ! Saved Israel is the Body of Christ, the Church !
Absolutely True !

marke

People have a tendency to call biblical theology replacement theology, however its not that at all, its fulfillment theology. The NT is the fulfillment of the OT, for instance, God said of Israel of old, IF they would keep the covenant of God they would be this:

Ex 19:5

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:,

This has been fufilled in the Church Christ gave Himself for Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us[The Church], that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word here peculiar is the greek word periousios and means:

of one's own possession
Usage: costly, treasured, select, specially chosen.

This treasured, special people includes both jews and gentiles, male and female, bond and free. This is Gods own special chosen people rather than the ethnic jews of the physical nation of Israel. This is the Spiritual Israel purified unto God and Christ by the Blood of Christ , by Christ giving Himself for them. What People could be more dear and special to God than these ?
What is it about lost sinners that angers God so much that He will burn them in hell forever in great wrath? I have never heard a Calvinist offer a reasonable opinion about that.