The Preterists and Matthew 24:34

whitestone

Although it's irrelevant, the demon been shown, for years, quotes from other Christians, including the "church fathers," by other TOL members, asserting the doctrine of the "catching away/seizure/plucking by force," i.e., the "rapture," but his father the devil tells him just to keep spamming his satanic assertion.

yep Darby and it's brand new just sounds good,,,

john w

Hall of Fame
He has been shown:

"And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be SUDDENLY CAUGHT UP from this,… that by AN EARLY DEPARTURE YOU ARE TAKEN AWAY, and delivered from the shipwrecks and disasters that are imminent?Let us greet the day which assigns each of us to his own home, WHICH SNATCHES US HENCE,… For all the saints and elect of God are GATHERED, PRIOR TO THE TRIBULATION that is to come, and ARE TAKEN TO THE LORD lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins….”-LifeIsGood, citing Church Fathers

“We who see that terrible things have begun, and know that still more terrible things are imminent, may regard it as the greatest advantage to depart from it as quickly as possible. Do you not give God thanks, do you not congratulate yourself, that by an early departure you are taken away, and delivered from the shipwrecks and disasters that are imminent? Let us greet the day which assigns each of us to his own home, which snatches us hence, and sets us free from the snares of the world and restores us to paradise and the kingdom.”-Cyprian (200 AD – 258 AD)

“Those nations however, who did not of themselves raise up their eyes unto heaven, nor returned thanks to their Maker, nor wished to behold the light of truth, but who were like blind mice concealed in the depths of ignorance, the word justly reckons “as waste water from a sink, and as the turning-weight of a balance — in fact, as nothing;”(1) so far useful and serviceable to the just, as stubble conduces towards the growth of the wheat, and its straw, by means of combustion, serves for working gold. And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be suddenly caught up from this, it is said, “There shall be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning, neither shall be.”(2) For this is the last contest of the righteous, in which, when they overcome they are crowned with incorruption.”-Irenaeus (130 A.D. – 202 AD)

"For the wrath of God always strikes the obstinate people with seven plagues, that is, perfectly, as it is said in Leviticus; and these shall be in the last time, when the church shall have gone out of the midst. - St. Victorinus, Bishop of Petau, A.D. 270

"Or do you not believe unless you see with your eyes? See to it that this sentence be not fulfilled among you of the prophet who declares: “Woe to those who desire to see the day of the Lord!” For all the saints and elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins. And so, brothers most dear to me, it is the eleventh hour, and the end of the world comes to the harvest, and angels, armed and prepared, hold sickles in their hands, awaiting the empire of the Lord. And we think that the earth exists with blind infidelity, arriving at its downfall early. Commotions are brought forth, wars of diverse peoples and battles and incursions of the barbarians threaten, and our regions shall be desolated, and we neither become very much afraid of the report nor of the appearance, in order that we may at least do penance; because they hurl fear at us, and we do not wish to be changed, although we at least stand in need of penance for our actions!”-Ephraim (306 AD – 373 AD)

"And the heaven withdrew as a scroll that is rolled up." For the heaven to be rolled away, that is, that the Church shall be taken away. "And every mountain and the islands removed from their places intimate that in the last persecution all men departed from their places; that is, that the good will be removed, seeking to avoid persecution. "- Victorinus

And on, and on...........

That won't stop demonic Craigie Tet., from following his father's orders, and to continue to lie, and deny, that he has been shown.

Danoh

He has been shown:

"And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be SUDDENLY CAUGHT UP from this,… that by AN EARLY DEPARTURE YOU ARE TAKEN AWAY, and delivered from the shipwrecks and disasters that are imminent?Let us greet the day which assigns each of us to his own home, WHICH SNATCHES US HENCE,… For all the saints and elect of God are GATHERED, PRIOR TO THE TRIBULATION that is to come, and ARE TAKEN TO THE LORD lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins….”-LifeIsGood, citing Church Fathers

“We who see that terrible things have begun, and know that still more terrible things are imminent, may regard it as the greatest advantage to depart from it as quickly as possible. Do you not give God thanks, do you not congratulate yourself, that by an early departure you are taken away, and delivered from the shipwrecks and disasters that are imminent? Let us greet the day which assigns each of us to his own home, which snatches us hence, and sets us free from the snares of the world and restores us to paradise and the kingdom.”-Cyprian (200 AD – 258 AD)

“Those nations however, who did not of themselves raise up their eyes unto heaven, nor returned thanks to their Maker, nor wished to behold the light of truth, but who were like blind mice concealed in the depths of ignorance, the word justly reckons “as waste water from a sink, and as the turning-weight of a balance — in fact, as nothing;”(1) so far useful and serviceable to the just, as stubble conduces towards the growth of the wheat, and its straw, by means of combustion, serves for working gold. And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be suddenly caught up from this, it is said, “There shall be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning, neither shall be.”(2) For this is the last contest of the righteous, in which, when they overcome they are crowned with incorruption.”-Irenaeus (130 A.D. – 202 AD)

"For the wrath of God always strikes the obstinate people with seven plagues, that is, perfectly, as it is said in Leviticus; and these shall be in the last time, when the church shall have gone out of the midst. - St. Victorinus, Bishop of Petau, A.D. 270

"Or do you not believe unless you see with your eyes? See to it that this sentence be not fulfilled among you of the prophet who declares: “Woe to those who desire to see the day of the Lord!” For all the saints and elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins. And so, brothers most dear to me, it is the eleventh hour, and the end of the world comes to the harvest, and angels, armed and prepared, hold sickles in their hands, awaiting the empire of the Lord. And we think that the earth exists with blind infidelity, arriving at its downfall early. Commotions are brought forth, wars of diverse peoples and battles and incursions of the barbarians threaten, and our regions shall be desolated, and we neither become very much afraid of the report nor of the appearance, in order that we may at least do penance; because they hurl fear at us, and we do not wish to be changed, although we at least stand in need of penance for our actions!”-Ephraim (306 AD – 373 AD)

"And the heaven withdrew as a scroll that is rolled up." For the heaven to be rolled away, that is, that the Church shall be taken away. "And every mountain and the islands removed from their places intimate that in the last persecution all men departed from their places; that is, that the good will be removed, seeking to avoid persecution. "- Victorinus

That won't stop demonic Craigie Tet., from following his father's orders, and to continue to lie, and deny, that he has been shown.

I've often found it interesting those kind of read more like early Acts 2 "two shall be in the field" Rapturism.

Still, there is no denying that these issues were on the table that long ago.

Poor James Morris; guys like Interplanner and his lot ran the guy ragged; page after that he would show all he had found on this earlier witness.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
He has been shown:

What's actually hilarious is all the failed doomsday predictions.

Here's what the Lord said about the rapture theory and those who teach it.

Ezekiel 13:20 KJV

20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly , and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go , even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly .

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Yep this is shore funny.

As I recall Israel was in Egypt through all the plagues.

Israel was a type of the church to come.

2 Peter 2:1 KJV

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

When God made Israel his special nation/people, HE was their only King. Isn't that by definition a type of Kingdom of God? You are big on bringing up the throne of David. Don't you regard Jesus' Kingdom as a type of extension of David's Kingdom? Speaking to David: "And your house and your kingdom shall endure before me forever; your throne shall be established forever." (2 Sam 7:16)

In some sense Jesus' Kingdom of God is an idealized continuation of David's Kingdom. The Kingdoms are at least in some sense strongly tied together.

I Chronicles 28:5 "Of all my sons—and the Lord has given me many—he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel."
"Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof" (Mt.21:43).​

First of all, at that time the kingdom of God remained in the future, as witnessed by the words of the Lord Jesus here:

That is why the Lord Jesus used the future tense when He said that the kingdom will be taken from the traditional leadership of Israel.

Jesus used the future sense because the Kingdom would be taken from them in the future. In some sense they had the Kingdom then and there - if not in an actualized manner, then in a typological manner - and at least they had it in terms of being heirs of the Kingdom - hence the term "Sons of the Kingdom".

Otherwise, are you suggesting that since they didn't have the Kingdom at that moment, and Jesus was speaking in future tense - that they were going to receive the Kingdom in the future and then have it taken away from them? They can't have something taken away they never had!

In fact, the Apostles had been with the risen Christ for forty days while He taught them the things concerning the kingdom. And they knew that they did not at that time possess the kingdom because they asked the Lord Jesus the following question:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6).​

If they were asking about Jesus restoring the Kingdom to Israel, that means Israel needed to have the Kingdom sometime before. You can't restore something they never had in the first place!

All you are trying to do is to invent a kingdom which belonged exclusively to the Jews while the Lord walked the earth. But no such kingdom existed at that time. the kingdom which He was referring to at Matthew 13 is the "Universal Kingdom" mentioned here:
Yet, that is never how Jesus used the term Kingdom in all the rest of the gospels. If he did, I'd be interested to know where.

Danoh

Your logic, Aaron, matches Bullinger's when he was off; very circular, and based on its own, built-in ideas.

We're talking apples and oranges, you Partials and us Mid-Acts Dispys.

Meaning, many of the words we both use will not carry the same meanings for both sides. Meaning, we need to ask the other what they take a word or phrase to mean.

IMind1Spirit, for example, laughs about what he views our notions of "the church" because his understanding of the word "church" is a one size fits all idea. This, despite the obvious; that the word "church" is not always referring to the people of God, for example.

You do likewise, within your own vacuum, as Bullinger would do, which is where he would end up off.

If "the kingdom of God" was announced as being "at hand" then obviously Israel did not posses it.

You very well know that Israel was then under a Gentile power: The Roman Empire for its disobedience.

And the arrogance of those within Israel in their disobedience to that, would keep them from inheriting "the earth."

Mark 12:
14. And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it
lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?
15. Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.
16. And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.

John 19:
10. Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11. Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
12. And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against
Caesar.
13. When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
14. And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
15. But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

Thus, though Israelites, He would not be remembering them in His coming restoration of their Kingdom - Matthew 7:

21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 8:
10. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Condition, upon condition, upon condition...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You truly are a completely deceived deceiver through and through:

http://www.shalach.org/Rapture/translation_of_matthew_24.htm

Talk about desperation.

shalach.org? Seriously?

While you're on that site that tells Christ rejecting Jews they are going to heaven, check out what they have to say about OSAS:

"I hereby WARN you NOT to follow this UNCONDITIONAL Eternal Security doctrine of devils... If you teach it or believe it you will PAY!!!"

musterion

Musterion; this is just for you, brother; don't overlook it:

http://www.shalach.org/Rapture/translation_of_matthew_24.htm

Thank you very much, brother, I do appreciate the link but the author is not clear on four points. Perhaps you can explain them to me?

1. He affirms that the subjunctive mood of uncertainty, possibility or doubt is there, and that's good. But I don't see where he actually addresses this passage in that usually accepted sense.

2. Instead, he makes it somehow tie in with this, which is where he loses me:

Matthew 24:34 as being one of prophetic events in progress even before the passing of the generation of Jesus' day.
I don't see his reasoning here. The only thing I can figure is, he took that literal interlinear rendering of ginomai ("may be happening") as meaning "already in progress" rather than (because of the mood) "may or may not happen, depending." I don't see how he arrives at that but it does not deal with the subjunctive mood as Greek experts have long taken it to mean. Unless I missed it, his argument ignores that possible rendering entirely. Maybe he's simply unaware of it.

3. He doesn't address the subjunctive of pararchomai, "may-be-beside-coming." I wonder why?

4. He doesn't address the particle an. I wonder why?

Thank you again. Testing all things...

Danoh

Talk about desperation.

shalach.org? Seriously?

While you're on that site that tells Christ rejecting Jews they are going to heaven, check out what they have to say about OSAS:

"I hereby WARN you NOT to follow this UNCONDITIONAL Eternal Security doctrine of devils... If you teach it or believe it you will PAY!!!"

Desperation; yeah. That's your autobiography. It figures you would attempt to divert the issue to some other one - you - the very hypocrite who is ever posting Jewish sources, like that lost as could be Josephus.

Further; as you have seldom proved; even a stopped clock is right twice a day. The RCC holds to many of the Fundamentals of the Faith while in grave error in others. Held to many of them before the Reformers, in fact.

Their belief about eternal security being their stopped clock. Likwise as to that Jewish website; hypocrite.

Which is; where you are concerned; I don't need to be desperate - I doubt I could care less about persuading your kind - you - are not even the last person I'd want to see turn to Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

Please; remain our enemy.

Danoh

Thank you very much, brother, I do appreciate the link but the author is not clear on four points. Perhaps you can explain them to me?

1. He affirms that the subjunctive mood of uncertainty, possibility or doubt is there, and that's good. But I don't see where he actually addresses this passage in that usually accepted sense.

I don't see his reasoning here. The only thing I can figure is, he took that literal interlinear rendering of ginomai ("may be happening") as meaning "already in progress" rather than (because of the mood) "may or may not happen, depending." I don't see how he arrives at that but it does not deal with the subjunctive mood as Greek experts have long taken it to mean. Unless I missed it, his argument ignores that possible rendering entirely. Maybe he's simply unaware of it.

3. He doesn't address the subjunctive of pararchomai, "may-be-beside-coming." I wonder why?

That was why I had posted it; I had hoped it might be explored, as he appeared to be focused on another aspect of it all.

I'm looking at it myself; and will post my thoughts on the other side of that; that I might allow some others actually interested in exploring to add their two cents.

Danoh

Are you saying they're correct on their opposition to unconditional eternal security in Christ?

Nope. That's where their stopped clock is off. But, the fact that a clock is off there, and or as much as it might be off in other areas, does not negate its being right when it is.

musterion

Nope. That's where their stopped clock is off. But, the fact that a clock is off there, and or as much as it might be off in other areas, does not negate its being right when it is.

True enough, and thank you for clarifying. *whew!*

Danoh

Rereading your words here, now I recall my sense of where the writer on that site was coming from, thus; why I posted it.

He appears to be looking at it; not just from a word or two but more from his sense of the "real time" sense of what the Lord was talking about.

Throughout His narrative; both the Lord's sense and that of His audience back then is that of their being in a living breathing, moving forward Daniel's timeline.

That is my sense also, as I tend to rely on the overall picture their Prophets as a whole had painted, in contrast to reaching for Dictionaries and such; studying a word or phrase separated from all that richness.

The writer of that post appears to be approaching things from a similar approach. From his familiarity with the ongoing sense of that - from their Prophet's perspective as a whole.

Its a perfect way to approach all issues.

Add the Mystery to that and he'd really have something.

I'm referring to my understanding of the Mystery. See that post in the MD section titled Secret Agent Man.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus used the future sense because the Kingdom would be taken from them in the future. In some sense they had the Kingdom then and there - if not in an actualized manner, then in a typological manner - and at least they had it in terms of being heirs of the Kingdom - hence the term "Sons of the Kingdom".

You just ignored this passage which demonstrates the Lord Jesus said that the kingdom would not even be near until he returned:

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand" (Lk.21:27-31).​

We also know that the kingdom had not been restored to Israel at Acts 1, as witnessed by the Apostle's question to the Lord Jesus:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6).​

You are big on bringing up the throne of David. Don't you regard Jesus' Kingdom as a type of extension of David's Kingdom?

The Lord Jesus said the following about His kingdom:

"Jesus answered, my kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence" (Jn.18:36).​

Despite this you say that His kingdom was on the earth and that is how you try to change the meaning of what the Lord Jesus said about the world wide harvest that will happen at the end of the age:

"He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this age. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear" (Mt. 13:37-43).​

Since you have no place for the fulfillment of this prophecy in your eschatology you must "invent" a kingdom which was exclusive to Israel and operational while the Lord Jesus walked the earth. But there was no kingdom like that in the first century.

Here is something else which will happen at the end of the age and it is certain that this prophecy has not yet been fulfilled:

"I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem" (Zech.14:2-4).​

If this event happened in the past then tell me when it happened.

Thanks!

Danoh

The writer of that post on that Jewish website [ http://www.shalach.org/Rapture/trans...matthew_24.htm ] relates "Thus, what one can reasonably suggest is that Jesus was prophetically revealing in Matt. 24 that the prophetic events He had described would ALREADY be in progress - happening/becoming/coming to pass - even before the generation in question (the one of that day) would come to an end."

In other words, the sense is that of ongoing destruction...

I don’t really study these things from the Greek, or though the writings of others much; as I prefer Scripture’s narrative. Together with those questions forcing myself to seek its answer’s within its narrative, has taught me to ask.

In this, I will not study a passage by itself, let alone; via a word sense, mood, phrase, or what have you. I prefer its’ own, overall narrative.

Time in this approach has given me a sufficient memory of where many related themes might be found within Scripture’s overall narrative; the asking of certain kinds of questions of which enables me to re-member, or put them back together, once more.

I ask myself questions that might allow their re-call; their re-collection as a unit, once more.

I ask myself ‘what other passages deal with all that He is talking about there, overall?’

Some that begin to come to mind due to their shared meaning relationship with my subject text, would be these here, in Acts, among many others like them….

Note Luke's parallel to the “two… in the field.”

Acts 2:
19. And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:
21. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 3:
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

The sense of that is, not only of ongoing destruction.

But also; that what will come upon that generation will not end til all its rebels are purged; til those “left standing” are those of that generation left to enter the kingdom.

Luke 22:
31. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
34. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Danoh

When God made Israel his special nation/people, HE was their only King. Isn't that by definition a type of Kingdom of God? You are big on bringing up the throne of David. Don't you regard Jesus' Kingdom as a type of extension of David's Kingdom? Speaking to David: "And your house and your kingdom shall endure before me forever; your throne shall be established forever." (2 Sam 7:16)

In some sense Jesus' Kingdom of God is an idealized continuation of David's Kingdom. The Kingdoms are at least in some sense strongly tied together.

I Chronicles 28:5 "Of all my sons—and the Lord has given me many—he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel."

Otherwise, are you suggesting that since they didn't have the Kingdom at that moment, and Jesus was speaking in future tense - that they were going to receive the Kingdom in the future and then have it taken away from them? They can't have something taken away they never had!

If they were asking about Jesus restoring the Kingdom to Israel, that means Israel needed to have the Kingdom sometime before. You can't restore something they never had in the first place!

Yet, that is never how Jesus used the term Kingdom in all the rest of the gospels. If he did, I'd be interested to know where.

Man, what your school is infamous for as to the overall sense of things is all over that - types this; shadows that; which then throw you as they do. Thus, your "otherwise doesn't make sense."

They were the children of the kingdom but it, and they, were under a Gentile power: Rome; for their disobedience; see Daniel 9's prayer.

And Daniel had prophesied their kingdom would one day be restored again; Daniel 2:44, for example.

No types; they were living "in the days of these kings" - "no king but Caesar" John. 19:16.

But there was an issue concerning some of these "children of the kingdom" - a faith issue.

Matthew 8:

10. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24:

50. The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51. And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.