ECT The Pharisee analogy

God's Truth

The throne is about the the throne of God the Father, not of the earthly man David.

Whose Son Is the Messiah?

Matthew 22:41While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42“What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”

“The son of David,” they replied.

43He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44“ ‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.” ’
45If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?” 46No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

God's Truth

Jesus is the one who but a house for God---And God will set Jesus over his (God's ) house.

See 1 Chronicles 17:11-14.

...14 And I will establish him in My house and in My kingdom forever; and his throne shall be established forever.” ’ ”

Who's kingdom? David's kingdom? No, God's kingdom, forever.

Interplanner

Jesus is the one who but a house for God---And God will set Jesus over his (God's ) house.

See 1 Chronicles 17:11-14.

...14 And I will establish him in My house and in My kingdom forever; and his throne shall be established forever.” ’ ”

Who's kingdom? David's kingdom? No, God's kingdom, forever.

Right, and for practical human purposes, it launched when 'power' was conferred per Acts 1:8 in the Pentecost event.

DAN P

Overusing the Pharisee analogy is like over using the comparison to Nazis.

Lately, I heard one in which the accuser was anchoring it all on the belief that there will be a kingdom in Israel in the middle east of this earth, with Christ on its throne, etc. I don't know where Christ of the cross fit in to that, but he might like to know that a Pharisee belief was also in the arrival of that kind of a kingdom where they would enjoy being superior to the nations.

Hi and God said to Israel in Deut 28:1-12 promises IF they will obey Him they would be the HEAD among the Nations , BUT corrupted themselves and became the TAIL !!

And in verse 13 , He says that the Lord will make Israel the HEAD a NOT THE TAIL !!

Verse 15-68 tells of the CURSES that will be to Israel !!

I believe that Israel will then go from the TAIL to HEAD during the Millennial Kingdom !!

dan p

God's Truth

Right, and for practical human purposes, it launched when 'power' was conferred per Acts 1:8 in the Pentecost event.

Jesus had power when he walked the earth.

Jesus was anointed with power at his baptism.

Jesus also gave power to the disciples that he sent to preach while he walked the earth before Pentecost.

They could heal and cast out demons.

Jesus raised the dead when he walked the earth and he did other miraculous things.