The Paradigm Effect

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If you thought what you had written was really valuable and of worth, it wouldn't have bothered you to go through the effort of re-typing it. It just goes to show the value that you place in your own writings, doesn't it?
Well there is the value of my writing (talent) and then there's the value of my time and there's always the expected benefit of expending either or both to consider.

The cost benefit ratio wasn't where it needed to be. And still isn't. Sorry.

And why cause yourself to blaspheme by saying He 'must not have wanted you to see it because I'm not redoing it'? Why do you speak for God? How do you know that He didn't want me to see it - did He reveal that to you?
Hey, you're the one that said that if God wants you to see it then you will and if He doesn't you won't, not me. I was just taking your idea and applying to the situation. I mean, how do YOU know God didn't want it deleted? Maybe my hitting the wrong button and wiping it from existence was really me hitting the right button and God was behind the whole thing!

Are you not redoing it because He didn't want me to see it, as you suggest? But being that God does things for the benefit of others; why wouldn't He want me to see something that would be of benefit to me? Unless it was actually of no benefit at all; but then again, why would God do, give, or present things unto others that were of no benefit?

It certainly wasn't by accident that you lost it all.
Maybe God doesn't want to benefit it you with it! Ever thought of that? How could you POSSIBLY know?

The entire point of my previous point is illustrated in this one, if it makes you feel any better. That point being that, based on what you've said on this thread, you KNOW nothing nor can you. Faith is not what you need to fill in the evidence gaps. That's paganism and stupidity. Faith in the Christian worldview is about accepting the substantive evidence (Hebrews 11:1). Your kind of mysticism leaves everything you say you know in an unfalsifiable state of religious ambiguity. You are literally without mooring lines, adrift in a murky religious ocean blown about by every wind of doctrine that feels right.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Dan Emanuel

...Faith is not what you need to fill in the evidence gaps. That's paganism and stupidity. Faith in the Christian worldview is about accepting the substantive evidence (Hebrews 11:1). Your kind of mysticism leaves everything you say you know in an unfalsifiable state of religious ambiguity. You are literally without mooring lines, adrift in a murky religious ocean blown about by every wind of doctrine that feels right....
I wanted to say that I agree with you here. But I wonder if you see it this way:

Since faith is the evidence of thing's not seen, then faith itself must be visible. The thing's not seen are in heaven, and/or strictly spiritual. They will become visible, at the end of time, when we have new body's with new eye's (presumably) so that we can see what we now only believe (1 Corinthians 13:9-10 KJV; 1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV).

The popes' teach that the invisible reality is really present in the Churches' seven sacrament's, each of which are established in Scripture. They divide between the visual element of the sacrament's, and there invisible reality: sacramentum and mysterium.

The seven sacrament's of the Church are the visible faith, which is the evidence of thing's not seen (Hebrews 11:1 KJV).

DJ

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I wanted to say that I agree with you here. But I wonder if you see it this way:

Since faith is the evidence of thing's not seen, then faith itself must be visible. The thing's not seen are in heaven, and/or strictly spiritual. They will become visible, at the end of time, when we have new body's with new eye's (presumably) so that we can see what we now only believe (1 Corinthians 13:9-10 KJV; 1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV).

The popes' teach that the invisible reality is really present in the Churches' seven sacrament's, each of which are established in Scripture. They divide between the visual element of the sacrament's, and there invisible reality: sacramentum and mysterium.

The seven sacrament's of the Church are the visible faith, which is the evidence of thing's not seen (Hebrews 11:1 KJV).

DJ
I'm not sure what you mean by all of this but I don't think I can say I agree with it. It's just not that complicated. The things of God are clearly evident to all men because God has shown it to them. Faithless men choose not to accept it and so their minds are darkened. Faithful men choose to accept it and are thereby enlightened by Logos, the light (John 1:1-5).

Resting in Him,
Clete

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
For me, the first paradigm is the rise of Christianity. Jesus is God. Christianity flourishes under this belief. while Judaism falls to a marginalized status. Surely, all of Europe was, to a greater then lessor extent, under the paradigm of the divinity of Christ. What parallels this is the rise of the Church, they Catholic church and all it's appendages.

The next major shift, not to minimize the great schism, although that was of considerable effect, it would not be outside the Christian and Church paradigm. The paradigm shift was the Reformation and rise of Protestantism. along with a falling away of Church, first estate. absolute power. The Pope sitting in the seat of St. Peter.

This led to several Protestant schisms, and a general theological vicissitudes of beliefs, including the place of Paul being the flirt new apostle of Christianity. We have now, individual Christianity, not communal Christianity.

Form this point, I think it is hard to argue a new paradigm, yet it away well be in the making? Today, more Christians are reading to Scripture over the Church teachings.

Given all theism, the fist paradigm is still debated by many, as one sees here for those who deny the deity of Christ. Secondly. there are many who have remained with the bounds if the Catholic view. This, for me, is what make seeking through Scripture having so much more meaning. We do not appeal so readily to authority as we had under the Catholic church.

There has been a rise in new concepts, such as individualism, and personality, concepts which were not understood before the Reformation.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I found a quote by Tolstoy which encapsulates my point so well I had to post here. I love independently thinking the thoughts of great thinkers after them!

“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives.” ― Leo Tolstoy​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I found a quote by Tolstoy which encapsulates my point so well I had to post here. I love independently thinking the thoughts of great thinkers after them!

“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives.” ― Leo Tolstoy​

Resting in Him,
Clete

You would respond to ManO and some knuckleheads, yet when I post you ignore it? ManO is banned. :banned:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Resting in Him,
Clete

great author. Tolstoy wrote "War . . . What Is It Good For" hhhaaaa ! say it again !

Zeke

The only paradigm shift that matters happened around the third century, when the literal interpretation was forced on the world as being the only true one, the facts when researched show that is a false version fed to the illiterate masses at the the bottom of the pyramid scheme, intentionally infected with a lie that still survives.