The ONLY Biblical answer to The Age of Accountability

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Depends on whether that someone made a mistake or not.

Agreed. Im just saying, that if a person has presented a case against one's position, he should investigate to see if he truly is in error, and then if not, present a counterargument.

Immediately doubling down on one's position by quoting scripture taken out of context dealing with three men who had no rebuttal to Job's argument seems rather ironic, not to mention arrogant.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I believe God holds those accountable who know and reject the truth but I do not believe He holds those who have not known and rejected the truth accountable.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Romans 5:13
(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

2 Peter 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
You are such a waste of time.

marke

Hence why I posted the link. You should read it.
I do not agree that the passage demands we rewrite the term "little children" in 2 Kings 2:23 as "young men," since the phrase "young men" is almost always translated in the OT from the Hebrew word (naar). King David made captured enemies pass under bloody threshing instruments of iron to kill them. God ordered His servants to utterly slay old and young. If God killed 42 elementary students or 42 college students, that is His prerogative. He knows what He is doing.

Ezekiel 9
4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.
10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.
11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.
King James Version (KJV)

Right Divider

Body part
I do not agree that the passage demands we rewrite the term "little children" in 2 Kings 2:23 as "young men," since the phrase "young men" is almost always translated in the OT from the Hebrew word (naar). King David made captured enemies pass under bloody threshing instruments of iron to kill them. God ordered His servants to utterly slay old and young. If God killed 42 elementary students or 42 college students, that is His prerogative. He knows what He is doing.

Ezekiel 9
4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.
10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.
11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.
King James Version (KJV)
So you clearly did not read the entire article. It made many good points.
You really need to start being more thorough and logical in your thinking.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not agree that

If you're wrong, then you should at the very least, reconsider your position.

the passage demands we rewrite the term "little children" in 2 Kings 2:23 as "young men,"

The word used in the Hebrew means "young men," marke. It doesn't mean "little children."

Just because the Bible is poorly translated in some places doesn't mean you get to insist that your opinion is correct simply because it's based on that poor translation of the Bible.

Again, to condense what was stated in the article:

The KJV's translation of "naar" as "little children," while it can be used to mean that, is wrong, because "naar" specifically means "young men."

That's WHAT IT MEANS. You don't get to disagree.

since the phrase "young men" is almost always translated in the OT from the Hebrew word (naar).

That's the word used, marke.

King David made captured enemies pass under bloody threshing instruments of iron to kill them.

Guarantee you none of them were young children, if you were to do any actual research or looking into the topic.

God ordered His servants to utterly slay old and young.

There is nothing wrong with God commanding someone to slay His enemies, because He is their Creator, and has every right to take their lives when He sees fit.

Your feeble attempt at an argument fails at supporting your position.

If God killed 42

42 were killed, but there were more than that who were mocking Elisha, something you would have also been told had you thoroughly read the article I gave you.

elementary students

They weren't "elementary students." They were a LARGE group (more than 42 individuals) of young men, likely around 20 years old (which is why I haven't moved this discussion to another thread yet, by the way)...

or 42 college students, that is His prerogative. He knows what He is doing.

... who had gathered to mock a prophet of God, and their insults were not just mocking of Elisha, but of God Himself. God had every right, aside from simply being their Creator, to slay them.

Ezekiel 9
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children,

The Hebrew word used here is a different word, "taph," and does in fact mean "children."

It is not "naar," which means "young men."

marke

So you clearly did not read the entire article. It made many good points.
You really need to start being more thorough and logical in your thinking.
I read the article but remain unconvinced that my understanding of the Bible is wrong.

marke

If you're wrong, then you should at the very least, reconsider your position.

The word used in the Hebrew means "young men," marke. It doesn't mean "little children."

Just because the Bible is poorly translated in some places doesn't mean you get to insist that your opinion is correct simply because it's based on that poor translation of the Bible.
You will hardly convince me I am wrong by claiming my KJV Bible is poorly translated.

marke

Again, to condense what was stated in the article:

The KJV's translation of "naar" as "little children," while it can be used to mean that, is wrong, because "naar" specifically means "young men."

That's WHAT IT MEANS. You don't get to disagree.

That's the word used, marke.

The Hebrew word for young men (naar) is not used in 2 Kings 2:23.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I read the article but remain unconvinced that my understanding of the Bible is wrong.

Stubbornly believing falsehoods is a bad idea. You should humble yourself and ask God to help you with it.

You will hardly convince me I am wrong by claiming my KJV Bible is poorly translated.

That's because you have an a priori commitment to the belief that the KJV is superior in some way.

And we're not just "claiming [your] KJV Bible is poorly translated," marke. We're DEMONSTRATING IT! Making it CLEARLY VISIBLE TO YOU that it is, in fact, poorly translated in places.

Yes, it is, marke!

Here, I've highlighted it for you:

Screenshot_20230209-061642~2.png

Denying reality isn't healthy, marke!

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, it is.

H5288 נַעַר na`ar (nah'-ar) n-m.
1. (concretely) a boy (as active), from the age of infancy to adolescence.
2. (by implication) a servant.
3. (also, by interchange of sex) a girl (of similar range in age).
[from H5287]
KJV: babe, boy, child, damsel (from the margin), lad, servant, young (man).
Root(s): H5287
[?]

marke

Yes, it is, marke!

Here, I've highlighted it for you:

View attachment 5592

Denying reality isn't healthy, marke!
You are correct. The word translated "children" is "naar" and the word translated "little" is "qatan." Except for in the passage 2 Ki 2:23, the two Hebrew words are never found together like they are here, implying very small children. Because the passage uses the Hebrew word "qatan" in conjunction with "naar" I still believe the intended meaning is not just "young men" as the word "naar" is translated dozens of times in the OT, but "very young men," or "diminutive" as defined by Strong's Concordance.

marke

Stubbornly believing falsehoods is a bad idea. You should humble yourself and ask God to help you with it.

That's because you have an a priori commitment to the belief that the KJV is superior in some way.

And we're not just "claiming [your] KJV Bible is poorly translated," marke. We're DEMONSTRATING IT! Making it CLEARLY VISIBLE TO YOU that it is, in fact, poorly translated in places.

I have been studying the history of the inspired word of God and the development of the KJB Bible for more than 40 years. I do not agree with critics that the word of God passed down to us over thousands of years has flaws. Critics of the KJV use flawed arguments, versions, and manuscripts to mislead others into believing the KJV Bible is flawed while their own favorite translations or manuscripts are not. I do not agree with Bible critics who do not believe as I do that Psalm 12:7 emphatically proves God will preserve His spotless word forever.

marke

Yes, it is.

H5288 נַעַר na`ar (nah'-ar) n-m.
1. (concretely) a boy (as active), from the age of infancy to adolescence.
2. (by implication) a servant.
3. (also, by interchange of sex) a girl (of similar range in age).
[from H5287]
KJV: babe, boy, child, damsel (from the margin), lad, servant, young (man).
Root(s): H5287
[?]
The word "qatan" here adds description to the word "naar", making it no longer "young men" as naar is usually translated, but "very young men." Here is some description given by Strong's:

Strong's Concordance
qatan: least
Original Word: קָטָן
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: qatan
Phonetic Spelling: (kaw-tawn')
Definition: small, young, unimportant

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
least, lesser, little one, smallest, one, quantity, thing, younger,
Or qaton {kaw-tone'}; from quwt; abbreviated, i.e. Diminutive, literally (in quantity, size or number) or figuratively (in age or importance) -- least, less(-er), little (one), small(-est, one, quantity, thing), young(-er, -est).

see HEBREW quwt

Right Divider

Body part
The word "qatan" here adds description to the word "naar", making it no longer "young men" as naar is usually translated, but "very young men." Here is some description given by Strong's:

Strong's Concordance

Or qaton {kaw-tone'}; from quwt; abbreviated, i.e. Diminutive, literally (in quantity, size or number) or figuratively (in age or importance) -- least, less(-er), little (one), small(-est, one, quantity, thing), young(-er, -est).

see HEBREW quwt
So will you now retract your statement from post #50?
Note what "qatan" does NOT necessarily mean "very young"... it can just mean "young".

From the context, it does not seem to mean "very young children", as they don't usually exhibit this sort of "gang" behavior.

Either way, there is nothing in this passage that shows God to be unjust as some try to make it.

marke

So will you now retract your statement from post #50?
Yes. I already said you were right and I was wrong.
Note what "qatan" does NOT necessarily mean "very young"... it can just mean "young".

From the context, it does not seem to mean "very young children", as they don't usually exhibit this sort of "gang" behavior.

Either way, there is nothing in this passage that shows God to be unjust as some try to make it.
God did not say "young men," because He used the adjective "qatan" to describe the word "naar" that was commonly used for "young men."

If God had meant to describe the gang of miscreants as "Young men" He would have used only the one word 'naar." If we are to assume God meant the mob was "young men" then why did he use both words, which would have to be translated "young young men" which does not make sense if He only meant to say "young men."

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are correct.

Which means that the KJV is WRONG when it calls the "young men" "little children."

The word translated "children" is "naar" and the word translated "little" is "qatan." Except for in the passage 2 Ki 2:23, the two Hebrew words are never found together like they are here, implying very small children. Because the passage uses the Hebrew word "qatan" in conjunction with "naar" I still believe the intended meaning is not just "young men" as the word "naar" is translated dozens of times in the OT, but "very young men," or "diminutive" as defined by Strong's Concordance.

"Very young men" is still not "little children," no matter how much you try to rationalize it.

I have been studying the history of the inspired word of God and the development of the KJB Bible for more than 40 years. I do not agree with critics

So what? No one cares.

that the word of God passed down to us over thousands of years has flaws.

It does.

Critics of the KJV use flawed arguments, versions, and manuscripts to mislead others into believing the KJV Bible is flawed while their own favorite translations or manuscripts are not.

The thread at the following link includes photos of the original handwritten notes in the margins of one of the most important Bibles in the history of the canon we call the Bible.

Even IT had errors:

I strongly recommend you read the ENTIRE debate before replying here again.

I do not agree with Bible critics who do not believe as I do

No one cares.

that Psalm 12:7 emphatically proves God will preserve His spotless word forever.

I can tell you right now, it's not talking about the Bible.

The word "qatan" here adds description to the word "naar", making it no longer "young men" as naar is usually translated, but "very young men."

"Very young men" are not "little children" as the KJV wrongly implies.

Here is some description given by Strong's:

Strong's Concordance

see HEBREW quwt

Supra.

Yes. I already said yo were right and I was wrong.

Another person not paying attention.

God did not say "young men," because He used the adjective "qatan" to describe the word "naar" that was commonly used for "young men."

If God had meant to describe the gang of miscreants as "Young men" He would have used only the one word 'naar." If we are to assume God meant the mob was "young men" then why did he use both words, which would have to be translated "young young men" which does not make sense if He only meant to say "young men."

Just because you don't get how Hebrew grammar works doesn't mean that "it doesn't make sense to say X."