Theology Club: The Olive Tree

heir

TOL Subscriber
You do no teven understand the basics in regard to salvation.
Without Christ's faith, your faith is pointless and useless (Galatians 2:16 KJV, Titus 1:2 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV)! And of course, one need believe the why of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) for Christ's work to be accounted to us (Romans 4:24-25 KJV) including the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). That doesn't change the fact of Who did the work. It certainly wasn't us (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)! If you argue against that, you have a serious problem.

DAN P

I have been the one from the beginning who has always said that throughout time no one was saved in any other way than by grace through faith apart from works.

So you must have me confused with one of those from the Neo-MAD camp who assert that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

Hi , and Heb 11 , says by FAITH !!

THERE is Grace AND then there is the Dispensation of Grace !!

Then in ;Psa 136:1-24 His mercy ENDURETH for Ever toward Israel !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Without Christ's faith, your faith is pointless and useless (Galatians 2:16 KJV, Titus 1:2 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!

You keep asserting that we do nothing to be saved. And then you just ignore what is said here about what we must do:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

That doesn't change the fact of Who did the work. It certainly wasn't us (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)! If you argue against that, you have a serious problem.

I never said that we did the work!

It is you who has a serious problem because you continue to assert that a person does nothing to be saved despite Paul's words to the contrary at Acts 16:30-31.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You keep asserting that we do nothing to be saved. And then you just ignore what is said here about what we must do:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​
Oh, come on, Jerry! Paul didn't tell him to DO anything to be saved, but believe! Believing is not something we DO!

I'll show you a "do" so you can know the difference.

In contrast to what those in Acts 2 (all the house of Israel) were told when they asked a similar question (and I say similar because they did not ask what must they do TO BE SAVED) after hearing a murder indictment against them:

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Did Peter tell them what Paul did or did Peter tell them they needed to DO something? The answer is clear!

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Peter told them to DO something!

Jerry Shugart

Oh, come on, Jerry! Paul didn't tell him to DO anything to be saved, but believe! Believing is not something we DO!

Get real, heir.

If Paul didn't think that believing is something we do to get saved then he wouldn't have answered this question the way that he did:

If you are right then Paul would have told him, "You can't do anything to get saved since believing is not something that you can do."

But that is not what Paul told him, is it?

beloved57

Hi , and Heb 11 , says by FAITH !!

THERE is Grace AND then there is the Dispensation of Grace !!

Thats a False statement

Then in ;Psa 136:1-24 His mercy ENDURETH for Ever toward Israel !!

Not Israel according to the Flesh, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Then how can the Olive Tree be the Body of Christ since Paul makes it plain that Christians can be cut off from the Olive Tree(Ro.11:22)?

glorydaz

Get real, heir.

If Paul didn't think that believing is something we do to get saved then he wouldn't have answered this question the way that he did:

If you are right then Paul would have told him, "You can't do anything to get saved since believing is not something that you can do."

But that is not what Paul told him, is it?

It's amazing what lengths you'll go to, Jerry. Have you forgotten?

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

Jerry Shugart

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

Are you losing your memory?

I was the one who always insisted that what a person must do to be saved is believe. That is why I quoted this:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:29-30).​

You cannot even keep up with these simple arguments.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Jerry calls believing a "do". :dizzy:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you losing your memory?

I was the one who always insisted that what a person must do to be saved is believe. That is why I quoted this:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:29-30).​

You cannot even keep up with these simple arguments.
You cannot even see that telling them to believe something was not telling them to do anything.

beloved57

Then how can the Olive Tree be the Body of Christ since Paul makes it plain that Christians can be cut off from the Olive Tree(Ro.11:22)?

Christians are believers, but the ones cut /broken off were unbelievers, they were cut/broken off for unbelief Rom 11:20!

Jerry Shugart

You cannot even see that telling them to believe something was not telling them to do anything.

Your ideas are far from reality. According to you if someone tells a person to believe something he is not telling him to do something!

Paul certainly thought that "believing" something was "doing" something:

All you are doing at this point is embarrassing yourself.