ECT The NT theology core

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Because of the question of honesty by STP that I raised above, I read his post and sure enough he is being dishonest. He is referring to v23 and refusing to acknowledge that I'm talking about the expression in v32. I pretty much knew he would do that.

The sermon is anchored in a doctrine which D'ism cannot absorb without collapsing.

At a certain point, at this level with the Bible, you have 1, know Greek for years or
2, trust Greek commentators.

STP does neither; he has disqualified himself.

:chuckle:

You have to be a Greek scholar to understand the simplicity of Christ, per IP the Great.
What a joke.

Interplanner

In ONE SENSE the entire plan of God is unified. But that is NOT the WHOLE story.

God REVEALED things to Paul that had NOT been REVEALED before.

Paul went to great lengths to make this known and yet SOOOO many, like you, ignore it and try to make it go away.

by 'not revealed,' he meant not to post-exile Judaism as it read the OT. That's why they were there since the founding of the world, or Amos 9's known for long ages (that the Gentiles would believe).

Interplanner

Because of the question of honesty by STP that I raised above, I read his post and sure enough he is being dishonest. He is referring to v23 and refusing to acknowledge that I'm talking about the expression in v32. I pretty much knew he would do that.

The sermon is anchored in a doctrine which D'ism cannot absorb without collapsing.

At a certain point, at this level with the Bible, you have 1, know Greek for years or
2, trust Greek commentators.

STP does neither; he has disqualified himself.

I believe STP asked a fair question of who are authorities. In the setting of the internet, it needs to be published authors, especially in lexical and reference materials. This list does not have articles from when I wrote a paper on the AofD, but it has many lexical and reference:

Every fact needs to be established by 2 or 3 witnesses. ie, when there is an unresolvable Greek text question, we need to find authors in material like this and 'take a tally' if possible.

The fact that STP craps on all commentary puts him so far out of range of ever arriving at reality that there's not much point in his working with this kind of thing until he stops that kind of thinking.

Resource List
LUKE-ACTS AND THE COVENANT REVOLT
Marcus Sanford 1984

Lexical, reference and commentary:

_____. The Jewish Encyclopedia.
Bauer-Arndt-Gingrich. Greek-English NT Lexicon and other early Christian literature
Brown. New Int’l Dictionary of NT Theology.
Goldingay. “The Book of Daniel; Three Issues” THEMELIOS 1977.
Kasemann. Commentary on Romans.
Kittel. Theological Dictionary of the NT.
Marshall. New Int’l Greek Text Commentary: Luke.
Same. Apostolic Preaching.
Newell. Romans.
Nineham. Mark.
Odendaal. “The Eschatological Expectations of Isaiah 40-66” Int’l Library of Biblical and Theological Studies.
Orr. Int’l Standard Bible Encyclopedia.
Taylor. Mark.
Tasker. Matthew.
Young. Daniel.

Interplanner

I can see why you'd be offended by the c word but really, the things STP says do just that to common sense, reason, authority etc.

Interplanner

I could care less what STP thinks or how many people worship him, but to be fair, he said something to day about 'simplicity' when addressing the question of honesty and authority.

This is simple:
1, God was in Christ resolving man's debt
2, the resurrection occurred because God approved of his travail
3, the resurrection was the enthronement foreseen by David, because how can he (the Lord) be his son in an ordinary sense?
4, the resurrection was the fulfillment of what God had promised the fathers as a blessing to the nations, since the land and kingdom had already served their purpose in their generations.

Complicated:
*3 kinds of heavens and 3 ways to get there; see STP
*"Revelation". All kinds of blabber about the book after 2000 years and about 2000 opinions, all calling it 'simple.'
*"It is not for you to know" is not a rebuke. You have to be really complicated to think that way.
*Saying Amos 9 is not about the very topic of the incoming Gentiles in Acts 15. You have to be really complicated to say it is about some other time period or Israel as a race or some such.

Chafer, one of the earliest DTSeminary teachers of D'ism said: '(without D'ism) the bible is several conflicting messages.' No, he made it complicated when it was to be about Christ and the apostle's teaching listed above.

SaulToPaul 2

I could care less what STP thinks or how many people worship him, but to be fair, he said something to day about 'simplicity' when addressing the question of honesty and authority.

This is simple:
1, God was in Christ resolving man's debt
2, the resurrection occurred because God approved of his travail
3, the resurrection was the enthronement foreseen by David, because how can he (the Lord) be his son in an ordinary sense?
4, the resurrection was the fulfillment of what God had promised the fathers as a blessing to the nations, since the land and kingdom had already served their purpose in their generations.

Complicated:
*3 kinds of heavens and 3 ways to get there; see STP
*"Revelation". All kinds of blabber about the book after 2000 years and about 2000 opinions, all calling it 'simple.'
*"It is not for you to know" is not a rebuke. You have to be really complicated to think that way.
*Saying Amos 9 is not about the very topic of the incoming Gentiles in Acts 15. You have to be really complicated to say it is about some other time period or Israel as a race or some such.

Chafer, one of the earliest DTSeminary teachers of D'ism said: '(without D'ism) the bible is several conflicting messages.' No, he made it complicated when it was to be about Christ and the apostle's teaching listed above.

All of those things ARE simple. Just taking God at his word.
It's complicated to blend them all together, making God a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.