THE NEW RAPE RULES WHICH WILL INFANTILISE WOMEN AND CRIMINALISE INNOCENT MEN

GFR7

He's not to blame. It's the alcohol.
crazy.gif

Alcohol ~ Brad Paisley
We're talking about a liberal, secular, campus culture, where women and men drink and women gave consent. It is a postmodern, 21st century culture in which the sexes are PRESUMED EQUAL. if women are not responsible for their drinking but men are, then women are not equal. I've nothing more to say to irrelevant posts. :wave2: ( I am a widower way, way beyond college years, so I have no personal stake in this).

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're talking about a liberal, secular, campus culture, where women and men drink and women gave consent. It is a postmodern, 21st century culture in which the sexes are PRESUMED EQUAL. Of women are not responsible for their drinking but men are, then women are not equal. I've nothing more to say to irrelevant posts. :wave2: ( I am a widower way, way beyond college years, so I have no personal stake in this).

What you are really trying to do is create a backlash towards feminists by attacking vulnerable victims who are most often women.

It's despicable, and you are fooling no one.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
what T says simply does not occur in our secular culture. And our campuses are part of secular, not Christian, culture.
Are you supposed to leave your Christianity at the door?

I mean, come on now; going by secular culture, you could approve of abortion.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if women are not responsible for their drinking but men are, then women are not equal. I've nothing more to say to irrelevant posts. :wave2: ( I am a widower way, way beyond college years, so I have no personal stake in this).
Are we really talking about getting drunk, or fornication?
Cause a man and woman can be drunk without fornicating.
Getting drunk is not a loophole for fornication.

I'm a widow.
But I do take this conversation seriously.

Whether or not the rest of secular culture trusts in the standard of God, I still do.
And I certainly do not wish to uphold secular culture when it opposes the standard of God.

By secular standard, it is legal to fornicate.
By secular standard, abortion is legal.

But whether or not secular society makes things legal, it is still the responsibility of Christians to uphold God's standard over secular standard in their daily life.

republicanchick

From Breitbart.com:

The new rules in the UK are as bad as in the US and this is bad, bad, bad policy for men and women, both!!! aaargh:nono::madmad:

What about presumption of innocence? Probable cause? Due process?????

-men/[/url]

well, what do u expect when people don't have (or adhere to) a Constitution that speaks of RIGHTS?

and this is why it is so dangerous for the Rs to continue letting the Ds violate the Constitution..

you get away w/ violating one part of it, well, as the logic goes, what's wrong w/ violating the rest of it..

+

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Sure.

But I don't think GFR7 is actually condoning fornication, no matter how legal secular culture makes it.

He says he's a widower so he has no dog--and I do mean dog (Deut. 23:18)--in this fight.

He is able to guide and influence young men, however (Ac 15:4, 6, 23, Tit 1:5, 9).

GFR7

well, what do u expect when people don't have (or adhere to) a Constitution that speaks of RIGHTS?

and this is why it is so dangerous for the Rs to continue letting the Ds violate the Constitution..

you get away w/ violating one part of it, well, as the logic goes, what's wrong w/ violating the rest of it..

+
Truth :thumb:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is able to guide and influence young men, however).

Right ... and thus far the only guidance he is giving is that "men should claim themselves as victims rather than being held responsible for their actions".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He says he's a widower so he has no dog--and I do mean dog (Deut. 23:18)--in this fight.

He is able to guide and influence young men, however.

He definitely should teach the standard of God, no matter what laws secular culture comes up with.

This all kinda reminds me of when Meshak and Resodko try to say they are married, even though theydo not live with and are not a husband or wife to their spouses.
By secular standard, they are married.
By God's standard, they are not married.
Whichever is the most convenient for them at the time is the standard they use to justify.

But the God standard truth is that neither of them are married.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right ... and thus far the only guidance he is giving is that "men should claim themselves as victims rather than being held responsible for their actions".
Sometimes men are the victims.
I've heard lots of stories about women conspiring to accuse men of raping them, when no rape occurred.

There does need to be a standard in place to protect men from false accusations.

But I will still maintain that men have a higher responsibility toward the protection of women.

GFR7

I've heard lots of stories about women conspiring to accuse men of raping them, when no rape occurred.

There does need to be a standard in place to protect men from false accusations.

But I will still maintain that men have a higher responsibility toward the protection of women.
Your logic is very sound.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I agree, on the rare occasion, men can be the victims of false accusations ... and of rape.

Now, if a man is the victim of abuse or rape, would it seem a tad bit insensitive towards all men who ARE victimized to refer to them "infantilised". Or maybe state that only a sissified man could be the victims of such abuse?

Also, my previous question still applies: Rape, like murder and assault, is a crime.

IF a man or woman are drinking at a bar and one of them proceeds to murder or beat the other, who has committed a crime?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, my previous question still applies: Rape, like murder and assault, is a crime.

IF a man or woman are drinking at a bar and one of them proceeds to murder or beat the other, who has committed a crime?
As I have stated, drunkenness is a separate issue. Because men and women can be drunk together without any rape, murder, or assault.

And as SD pointed out, drunkenness is not an go-ahead for rape, murder, or assault.
Nor is it a go-ahead for fornication.
ANY fornication that took place was wrong, on the sheer basis of fornication, not drunkenness.

And again, men have the higher responsibility.

Years ago I heard a speech by the Pope on women's lib.
To paraphrase:
"Perhaps the reason we have so many women trying to stand up in the roles of men is because we don't have enough men trying to stand up in the roles of men."