The nature of repentance.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is repentance saying that you are sorry, apologizing, determining to do better? Remorse, contrition, a death bed or death row wish?

Repentance is required for salvation. Is it possible to live a good life after repenting? Is it a complete 180 as many people say? What about a change of course or action?

When a person repents does something happen between them and God that exempts them from punishment, such as by a court? What if a sentence has already been given or passed? And, what if it involves death? For example, a murderer or a rapist being sentenced to death and having 24 hours to repent, if that ever happens as has been suggested. Is this then just getting right with God before your death? What of a lesser crime, sentence, or conviction? What does repentance look like then?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is repentance saying that you are sorry, apologizing, determining to do better? Remorse, contrition, a death bed or death row wish?

To repent simply means to change one's mind.

Repentance is required for salvation.

I recommend you read through this thread before making an assertion like that, if you haven't done so already, and again if you have.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=131175&share_fid=4230&share_type=t

Is it possible to live a good life after repenting?

No one is good but God.

Is it a complete 180 as many people say? What about a change of course or action?

See the first part of this response.

When a person repents does something happen between them and God that exempts them from punishment, such as by a court?

https://youtu.be/K6Flx8LNj9c

What if a sentence has already been given or passed?

We're talking about an earthly justice system right?

A person should repent of his actions (before or after sentencing, it doesn't matter, and then he should still be punished for what he did.

And, what if it involves death?

All the more reason to witness to him, and try to convince him to repent and ask Christ to save him.

For example, a murderer or a rapist being sentenced to death and having 24 hours to repent, if that ever happens as has been suggested. Is this then just getting right with God before your death? What of a lesser crime, sentence, or conviction? What does repentance look like then?

"Getting right" with God involves more than repentance.

Again, watch the video I shared above from Living Waters ministry.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To repent simply means to change one's mind.

I recommend you read through this thread before making an assertion like that, if you haven't done so already, and again if you have.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=131175&share_fid=4230&share_type=t

No one is good but God.

See the first part of this response.

https://youtu.be/K6Flx8LNj9c

We're talking about an earthly justice system right?

A person should repent of his actions (before or after sentencing, it doesn't matter, and then he should still be punished for what he did.

All the more reason to witness to him, and try to convince him to repent and ask Christ to save him.

"Getting right" with God involves more than repentance.

Again, watch the video I shared above from Living Waters ministry.
Thank you for your post.

I have gone through the Thread and watched the video.

In regard to repentance, I looked it up, repent, repentance, in the Bible, using an online concordance before. If you were to remove repentance from the gospel or the Bible, would it still be the gospel?

Repentance is to change one's mind, yes. But wouldn't that involve your actions some way about it?

Correct. God is good. He wants us to live a good life, to do good as well. The question has to do with things like the one who is born of God does not sin. That would be good. It does not mean that I have not sinned.

An earthly justice system, yes. In the Torah we learn that the decision of the judge is the decision of God. We can talk more because of what you asked.

I have repented. I still confess my sin. I have not been punished as far as I know.

We are on the right track.