ECT The Mystery--What Is It?

Dan Emanuel

I think its "ye are all one in Christ Jesus" Galatians 3:28 KJV. Ephesians 2:15-16 KJV Colossians 1:24 KJV (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

DJ

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Paul received special revelation concerning the gospel. However, salvation by grace is not one of the 8 mysteries.
The fact of the death of Messiah for sin was already revealed in the OT

Last edited:

DAN P

I think its "ye are all one in Christ Jesus" Galatians 3:28 KJV. Ephesians 2:15-16 KJV Colossians 1:24 KJV (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

DJ

Hi and IF you believe Gal 3:28 , where it says we " ARE /ESTE " which is in the Greek Present Tense , which means we are ALWAYS in Christ , we are OSAS because we are always " in Christ " forever >

Praying for you Jerry S !!

dan p

Danoh

As simple as I can make it,

Mystery of Christ- that Christ died for "our" sins (Jews and Gentiles in the promises)

Mystery of the gospel - that Christ died even for Gentiles outside the promises

And the twain are now one.

My own understanding is...

The Mystery of Christ – Christ in a New Creature: the Body of Christ.

The Mystery of the Gospel – of Paul’s gospel: its hidden means (the Cross of Christ also made possible).

In this, I'm reminded of something I once read many years ago, and had to agree with:

“For every problem that is muddled by over-complexity, a dozen are muddled by over-simplifying…”

I had to agree, out of my finding over the years, of a distinction between the simple, and the over simplified.

The simple is when one takes a thing as it is.

The overly simplified is when one concludes one is taking a thing as it is. The old "I'm sorry, I thought you'd meant..." such and so...

The difference between the two - the former takes a thing as is, based on information the latter has somehow failed to consider.

Right there is where all views differ, not only regardless of school of thought, but at times, within any same, basic school.

Danoh

Thanks!

I had been feeling sick and the doctors discovered a large tumor on my left adrenal gland. I have been in the hospital now for about 10 days while tests were done on just about every part of me. Right now I am scheduled to have it removed this coming Tuesday. Don't know yet if it is cancerous or not.

Any prayers on my behalf will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

No problem, brother. Am deeply saddened to hear of your physical condition...

This I pray, that the God of all comfort - Who comforteth us in all our tribulation - would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your heart by faith, during this hour of your tribulation, brother.

In His Son, brother, in this your difficult hour, that it nevertheless be to His Glory in the Father, by the Spirit. Amen.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Paul's term is a VERY TECHNICAL term.
It specifically means a truth of scripture TOTALLY UNREVEALED in the OT that is now revealed in the NT by Paul. Such as the musterion of the one body of both Jew and gentile, the bride of Christ. Such as the musterion of the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Paul reveals 8 musterions Jerry. Can you list them?

oatmeal

That's the mystery of the gospel.

Ephesians 3:2-15

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things

is one passage that explains the mystery

Danoh

Why in the world would you say such a thing? It's not funny in the least. :nono:

GD, you of all people ought to know I have nothing against any of you.

And you and I have ribbed each other in the exact same way; often, as my follow up to your ribbing me.

heir herself has posted more than once that I needed to "keep studying" where I differ on the Mystery you and yours assert is two.

My response? I chuckled...

Paul comes to mind in response to you GD; his having to remind others of the obvious.

What is the point of all this "not for us" on our part to others, if the sufferings that what is for us is meant to allow us to joy in, whether perceived or real, is so obviously not accessed when needed?

In this, thank you for the disappointment of your words in light of how often I have gone to bat for you guys.

Said disappointment now gives me the opportunity to obey a verse in contrast to this neg repping nonsense response of the world we are not to be a part of, 1 Cor. 6: 1-3.

The opportunity to forgive you your disappointing turn against me.

To thank the LORD its what the Son took on Him in our stead, Ga. 2:20.

If this offends, and should it result in more of the ways of the world, then go ahead, neg rep all you each need to; I'll gladly glory in its infirmity - Romans 5:

3. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4. And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5. And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Walk in that; as the fleshly mind will only lie to you; will only make you think you are the issue.

Yours in Him, all the same :)

Interplanner

Ephesians 3:2-15

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things

is one passage that explains the mystery

That's certainly close Oat, but the OT is clear that the nations join with Israel, that there is a mission to save them, from Gen 3 to 12 to countless places in the prophets.

It's v6 you want to dwell on. The weight of the grammar falls on the expression "through the Gospel." Judaism knew everything else in that verse. They had missionaries going out already. They never imagined its fulfillment through the Gospel. That's why Paul could say it was there all the time, but hidden all the time. Paul was not teaching anything different from the prophets (Acts 26, 13), only the critical difference in how it fulfilled.

Then we can understand the fundamental controversy language of Paul: faith vs. the law. The missionaries of Judaism sought to save the world through the law. But in their hands it had a built-in complication: the audiences would get trapped in their disputes about dietary foods, genealogies, ceremonies, circumcision.

These issues were red hot, as we know from Galatians. We know from Colossians that a neo-Judaism followed him around and claimed to have heard from the same angels as those at Sinai, and belittled or disqualified Christians for failing to fully embrace Judaism. Paul minimized what he called law (new creation, fruit of the Spirit, etc) to love. Acts 15's conclusions were that Moses was read every week in synagogues, and what good did it do? "Law" as such was kept to a minimum in the circulated letter.

Danoh

That's certainly close Oat, but the OT is clear that the nations join with Israel, that there is a mission to save them, from Gen 3 to 12 to countless places in the prophets.

It's v6 you want to dwell on. The weight of the grammar falls on the expression "through the Gospel." Judaism knew everything else in that verse. They had missionaries going out already. They never imagined its fulfillment through the Gospel. That's why Paul could say it was there all the time, but hidden all the time. Paul was not teaching anything different from the prophets (Acts 26, 13), only the critical difference in how it fulfilled.

Then we can understand the fundamental controversy language of Paul: faith vs. the law. The missionaries of Judaism sought to save the world through the law. But in their hands it had a built-in complication: the audiences would get trapped in their disputes about dietary foods, genealogies, ceremonies, circumcision.

These issues were red hot, as we know from Galatians. We know from Colossians that a neo-Judaism followed him around and claimed to have heard from the same angels as those at Sinai, and belittled or disqualified Christians for failing to fully embrace Judaism. Paul minimized what he called law (new creation, fruit of the Spirit, etc) to love. Acts 15's conclusions were that Moses was read every week in synagogues, and what good did it do? "Law" as such was kept to a minimum in the circulated letter.

That is one confused conclusion.

True, Israel ended up off-base in its conclusion that the access to to righteousness they had via the covenant of circumcision, Rom. 3: 1-2; 4:12, was itself the possession of said righteousness, Matt. 3:9; John 8:39; John 8:28; Rom. 2:17, 25, etc.

And true, Israel had a mission to the Gentiles, Acts 3: 24-25; Rom. 15: 8-9, 10, 11-12.

A mission which, given their own unbelief, rendered them unfit to carry out its Prophesied agency, Acts 7:51, 53-53.

But that is not the mission Paul is talking about in Acts 13: 46, 47.

It only appears to be from a first impression reading taken just as it appears to read on its surface instead of having carefully examined first, before allowing one's conclusion.

Paul's mission among the Gentiles is through that Prophesied aspect of Israel's fall, not through that Prophesied aspect of Israel's "rising again," Matt. 22:43; Luke 2:34; Luke 12:32; 1 Thess. 2:13; Rom. 11:11.

What God would be doing during Israel's fall, was not Prophesied, Acts 11: 18, 19.

And this change from what was Prophesied will take place with Israel's rise, Isaiah 60: 1, 2, 3; Matt. 24:14, is not in conflict with what God is doing during said fall, because He is doing so during said fall - it does not comprise what He has Prophesied, He will do through Israel's "rising again," one day, Isaiah 2: 1-2, 3, 4-5; Luke 1: 32, 33, Acts 15: 14-15, 16, 17-18; Rom. 11:25.

For those with ears to hear, and eyes to see.

iamaberean

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

oatmeal

Well, the mystery is not about Gentiles joining the old body of the believers in Israel, but as is made clear in Ephesians 2:15-16, it is a new man one body made by reconciling both Judeans and Gentiles.

It is not remodeled old body adding Gentiles by reconciling only Gentiles to Israel, but a new man, a body made from reconciling both Judeans and Gentiles.

If you were to read Ephesians 3 again, you could learn that "the mystery" was revealed to the apostle Paul and you would read what "the mystery" is in that same chapter.

Now, we might add that the "riches of the glory of the mystery" is "Christ in you, the hope of glory" Colossians 1:27

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Amen.

So powerful I put those scriptures in my signature

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Well, the mystery is not about Gentiles joining the old body of the believers in Israel, but as is made clear in Ephesians 2:15-16, it is a new man one body made by reconciling both Judeans and Gentiles.

It is not remodeled old body adding Gentiles by reconciling only Gentiles to Israel, but a new man, a body made from reconciling both Judeans and Gentiles.

If you were to read Ephesians 3 again, you could learn that "the mystery" was revealed to the apostle Paul and you would read what "the mystery" is in that same chapter.

Now, we might add that the "riches of the glory of the mystery" is "Christ in you, the hope of glory" Colossians 1:27

:cool: