The "Me Too" List

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...onduct-seek-congressional-probe-idUSKBN1E52I5

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Three women who have accused U.S. President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct called on Monday for a congressional investigation into his behavior amid a wave of similar accusations against prominent men in Hollywood, the media and politics.

Jessica Leeds, Rachel Crooks, and Samantha Holvey

Trump and White House officials have denied the allegations, some of which date back to the 1980s.

Reuters has not independently verified the accusations.

Rachel Crooks says Trump forcibly kissed her when she was a receptionist at Trump Tower.
The article did not specify the accusations of the other 2 women.

This makes 16 women that have accused Trump of misconduct.
At the present time it remains a 'he said she said' and no proof has been established and still needs to be investigated.

So, are these allegations being investigated by any legit authority?
Who?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily, depending on the woman in question. I think a lot depends on the woman's support system and how she was raised insofar as self-value, support system and expectations. ANY woman can be a victim of sexual harassment and/or abuse. What separates and elevates them is how they respond. BTW, I agree with what your response would be. :)

I think wee have been thpugh a unique generation, good in the long run, yet full of problems on the way.

When I was very young "nice girls' were not supposed to like sex, and never would have sex unless married. This made boys treat dating girls with great respect, yet only as far as sex is concerned. This was when father thought their sons about the two types of girls, the ones you had fun with and the ones you marry.

Then, in the middle-to-late 1960s came what was known as the sexual revolution. This was the free love movement, as well as women's liberation, wit regards to freedom to live single, job equality and equal rights to education, The harmful part was boys expected girls to have sex after a few dates, or sometimes on the first date.

I think this led to males barging abut sleeping around with women; it also seems to me it lowered personal privacy for women.

Now we need to keep our equal rights, but also insist on the right to the privacy of our bodies.

I think it will come with time.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jessica Leeds, Rachel Crooks, and Samantha Holvey

Trump and White House officials have denied the allegations, some of which date back to the 1980s.

Reuters has not independently verified the accusations.

Rachel Crooks says Trump forcibly kissed her when she was a receptionist at Trump Tower.
The article did not specify the accusations of the other 2 women.

At the present time it remains a 'he said she said' and no proof has been established and still needs to be investigated.

Who?

This will be the top story for a while now while they work on obstruction charges, not collusion. Mark Levin has a great video. He predicted this 6 months ago. Not the 16 women but the obstruction agenda. I'm going to post the vid in the Crowder thread.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This will be the top story for a while now while they work on obstruction charges, not collusion. Mark Levin has a great video. He predicted this 6 months ago. Not the 16 women but the obstruction agenda. I'm going to post the vid in the Crowder thread.
Thanks.
I have not seen that one.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Who?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

It seems no. Would you support a congressional investigation?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It seems no. Would you support a congressional investigation?
I don't know what group would be best to investigate since no law was broken.
Especially one the public would think was unbiased.

But suppose a group did investigate and did find it credible and Trump is asked to resign.
And he says he ain't gonna resign.
Now what can be done?
Even impeachment doesn't guarantee him leaving office (Clinton was impeached.)

There is just all kinds of ways this could go.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know what group would be best to investigate since no law was broken.
Especially one the public would think was unbiased.

But suppose a group did investigate and did find it credible and Trump is asked to resign.
And he says he ain't gonna resign.
Now what can be done?
Even impeachment doesn't guarantee him leaving office (Clinton was impeached.)

There is just all kinds of ways this could go.
I don't know where it would end up going but there can be value in simply knowing the truth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know where it would end up going but there can be value in simply knowing the truth.
True.

Now there is talk going around that all this could be a set back for hiring women.
The logic went sorta like this .......
If you don't hire women, then you have no risk of sexual misconduct suits being brought against anyone in the company from women 20 years down the road.
Especially with the current attitude being that all women that even make an accusation should be believed.
And with the added attitude of feminist that have these long lists of everything a man should not even say to a woman in the workplace, which lists things as silly as not telling a woman she looks nice today.
All those applications that have a woman sounding name will be skipped over just to protect the company from that risk.
And at this point it would be hard to blame them.

Who knows which way the pendulum will swing.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
True.

Now there is talk going around that all this could be a set back for hiring women.
The logic went sorta like this .......
If you don't hire women, then you have no risk of sexual misconduct suits being brought against anyone in the company from women 20 years down the road.
Especially with the current attitude being that all women that even make an accusation should be believed.
And with the added attitude of feminist that have these long lists of everything a man should not even say to a woman in the workplace, which lists things as silly as not telling a woman she looks nice today.
All those applications that have a woman sounding name will be skipped over just to protect the company from that risk.
And at this point it would be hard to blame them.

Who knows which way the pendulum will swing.
Or they could stop hiring men and there won't be harassment. :idunno:

But I do fear that we will end up going too far the other way. Someone posted that Tweeden said that she doesn't care if innocent men get caught up in this. Assuming she truly did, that's a dangerous view to take and it could end up undermining the entire movement.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In a strange twist, democrat Andrea Ramsey drops out of race because of an accusation in 2005. She questions the party's zero tolerance position taken in the midst of simply being accused and deemed guilty.

[h=1]Kansas Democrat Andrea Ramsey drops out of House race over 2005 harassment suit[/h]
Ramsey called the allegations made by her former employee at LabOne, Gary Funkhouser, “a lie.”
“Twelve years ago, I eliminated an employee’s position,” Ramsey wrote. “That man decided to bring a lawsuit against the company (not against me). He named me in the allegations, claiming I fired him because he refused to have sex with me. That is a lie.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...out-house-race-over-2005-harassment-suit.html

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]There it is: Democrats now want Al Franken to stay[/h]https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/there-it-is-democrats-now-want-al-franken-to-stay

A handful of Democratic senators are now calling on Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., to reconsider resigning.

At least four Democrats are expressing regret over calling for Franken to resign before a Senate Ethics Committee investigation took place into the allegations of sexual harassment made against him.
“What they did to Al was atrocious, the Democrats,” Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., told Politico. “The most hypocritical thing I’ve ever seen done to a human being — and then have enough guts to sit on the floor, watch him give his speech and go over and hug him? That’s hypocrisy at the highest level I’ve ever seen in my life. Made me sick.”
A CNN reporter said that Manchin also said that Democrats’ call for Franken’s resignation was “most certainly” premature — and that anybody accused should have a thorough investigation.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1513567682489.jpg

Women’s March co-founder Linda Sarsour accused of enabling sexual assault, harassment in workplace

“Women who put [Sarsour] on a pedestal for women’s rights and empowerment deserve to know how she really treats us.”, said former employee [FONT=Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Asmi Fathelbab, who made a complaint against a male employee for sexual misconduct and Sarour threatened to blackball her and chastised her for making an accusation against a good Muslim man that was always at the mosque.

[/FONT]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/17/linda-sarsour-accused-enabling-sexual-assault-harassment-in-workplace.html

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Matt Damon is getting a lot of resentment from the left because of this interview - they started a petition to have him banned from movies and removed from the film he is currently shooting. I don't see what the fuss is all about. :idunno: 16 minutes

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As accusations become more and more vague, is public support collapsing for #MeToo?
Plus, have Democrats and Republicans both painted themselves into corners over Trump’s racial comments?