The "Me Too" List

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here they come!

Former staffer Rebecca Weir comes forward to reveal what Congressman Gary Miller did to her in 2000.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Maybe he liked the outfit and wanted to get someone one like it. Not sure how acknowledging something looks nice, reaches the level of sexual harrassment.

Guys need to start being really afraid to even look at a woman too long anymore, or give a compliment.

glorydaz

Maybe he liked the outfit and wanted to get someone one like it. Not sure how acknowledging something looks nice, reaches the level of sexual harrassment.

Guys need to start being really afraid to even look at a woman too long anymore, or give a compliment.

He made her "twirl".

When they get charged for groping with their eyes we know we're in trouble. :chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame

He didn't mention or ask about the outfit. He talked only about how she looked in it and then asked her to twirl. There was no touching etc. so this could fit on the lower end of the spectrum but I still think it could qualify as harassment. Another factor here is that she was his staffer, which increases the severity. It's adding a sexual dynamic to a relationship that should be free from that. And then she got a raise after the event. So was it connected or was it not. She has to weigh all of that. Will he expect more twirling or worse in the future?

A compliment can be innocent enough but this went beyond a compliment and coming from her boss makes it worse.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
leeann-tweeden-al-franken-640x480.jpg

Is Al Franken going to step down?
Doesn't look like he will.

Is the Democratic Party going to embrace him with loving arms?
Looks that way.

To ask that the allegations be sent to the Senate Ethics Committee is nothing but a way to bury the case.

There were over 600 cases of allegations between 2007 and 2016 (9 years) given to the Ethics Committee.
Of those over 600 cases, wanna know how many of resulted in any sanctions against any of the accused?
ZERO.

We are talking about 5-6 accused of sexual misconduct every month for the last 9 years.
And does anybody remember any of these being exposed by the media?

So, asking that Al Franken's case be sent to the Ethics Committee is just a maneuver to sweep this under the carpet while still appearing to look like they want something done about it on the surface.

And some people still think this is about morals and not politics.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
8406a658f7ac10743d8b3fe4f7bd34e5--political-memes-political-cartoons.jpg

Is Al Franken going to step down?
Doesn't look like he will.

Is the Democratic Party going to embrace him with loving arms?
Looks that way.

To ask that the allegations be sent to the Senate Ethics Committee is nothing but a way to bury the case.

There were over 600 cases of allegations between 2007 and 2016 (9 years) given to the Ethics Committee.
Of those over 600 cases, wanna know how many of resulted in any sanctions against any of the accused?
ZERO.

We are talking about 5-6 accused of sexual misconduct every month for the last 9 years.
And does anybody remember any of these being exposed by the media?

So, asking that Al Franken's case be sent to the Ethics Committee is just a maneuver to sweep this under the carpet while still appearing to look like they want something done about it on the surface.

And some people still think this is about morals and not politics.

COW-Roy-Moore-2.jpg

The woman who went public concerning Al Franken has accepted his apology and is not requesting that he be removed from office - apparently she can forgive but the Conservatives can't!

There is no moral equivalency between Franken and Moore

Franken - 1 accuser
Moore - 9 accusers

Franken - accuser was an adult
Moore - most of accusers were teenagers, some as young as 14 and 15

Franken - has admitted his guilt
Moore - has denied any responsibility

Franken - no attempt to disparage the character of his accuser
Moore - repeated attempts to smear the characters of his accusers

Franken - willing to place his case before the Senate Ethics Committee
Moore - unwilling to be held accountable

Franken - criticized by President
Moore - President has refused to comment publically, because it would resurrect the Hollywood Assess tapes followed by the complaints of 13 women

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
He didn't mention or ask about the outfit.
You know this how? Cause she didnt mention it? You have one side of an issue, and maybe even not all of it- yet can make a judgement call?
He talked only about how she looked in it and then asked her to twirl.
So, whats wrong with acknowledging something looks good?

There was no touching etc. so this could fit on the lower end of the spectrum but I still think it could qualify as harassment. Another factor here is that she was his staffer, which increases the severity. It's adding a sexual dynamic to a relationship that should be free from that. And then she got a raise after the event. So was it connected or was it not. She has to weigh all of that. Will he expect more twirling or worse in the future?

A compliment can be innocent enough but this went beyond a compliment and coming from her boss makes it worse.

Flirting is wrong now, right?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You know this how? Cause she didnt mention it? You have one side of an issue, and maybe even not all of it- yet can make a judgement call?
I'm simply going on the info I have. Subject to change if more info comes out.

So, whats wrong with acknowledging something looks good?

Flirting is wrong now, right?
Context is important. It is no longer simple flirting when it's a boss/subordinate relationship.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm simply going on the info I have. Subject to change if more info comes out.

Context is important. It is no longer simple flirting when it's a boss/subordinate relationship.

Yeah no one has ever dated or married someone from work or who was above them at work. Right?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yeah no one has ever dated or married someone from work or who was above them at work. Right?
Not right, but I don't think that matters for the overall point. Bosses need to be extra careful about what they do. Between normal co-workers the victim can hopefully simply speak up and it will stop. But when the harasser is your boss you may not feel comfortable or able to defend yourself against it. You may have to make choices between dealing with some harassment and your career. Not knowing if you are valued for your contribution and skill or because you look good in a dress. People in authority should not put their employees in those situations.

And in this particular case, Gary is married so presumably the desire was not to start a legitimate relationship.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not right, but I don't think that matters for the overall point. Bosses need to be extra careful about what they do. Between normal co-workers the victim can hopefully simply speak up and it will stop. But when the harasser is your boss you may not feel comfortable or able to defend yourself against it. You may have to make choices between dealing with some harassment and your career. Not knowing if you are valued for your contribution and skill or because you look good in a dress. People in authority should not put their employees in those situations.

And in this particular case, Gary is married so presumably the desire was not to start a legitimate relationship.
This is part of the problem when women chose to not rock the boat for a career.
When you have women choosing a career over morality, they're already at a disadvantage to complain when they, themselves, did nothing to change it.

As heartless as it sounds to say ....... it is the silence of women that has been the main culprit in letting this continue under the wraps for so long.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This is part of the problem when women chose to not rock the boat for a career.
When you have women choosing a career over morality, they're already at a disadvantage to complain when they, themselves, did nothing to change it.

As heartless as it sounds to say ....... it is the silence of women that has been the main culprit in letting this continue under the wraps for so long.

It's very easy to look on the outside and say that the woman should take the moral high road and speak up and risk career. Silence may have contributed, but I think you may be underestimating the forces that work against women when they do speak up. The powers that allow men to get away with things. I mean, Weinstien had something in his contract that basically allowed him to get away with stuff as long as he paid out settlements. :doh:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's very easy to look on the outside and say that the woman should take the moral high road and speak up and risk career. Silence may have contributed, but I think you may be underestimating the forces that work against women when they do speak up. The powers that allow men to get away with things. I mean, Weinstien had something in his contract that basically allowed him to get away with stuff as long as he paid out settlements. :doh:
I think all the social media outlets should help.
Years ago unless you read about it in the newspaper, you didn't know about it.
Nowadays the news stations do not have the monopoly on what is reported.

What I do find odd about this whole shebang is that no one has come forward that is being abused NOW.
With all the media attention of praising and encouraging women to come forward, it doesn't add up to me why none have come forward that are being abused now.
I find it hard to believe that every women out there that is being abused now is afraid.

I actually think Ktoyou hit on something substantial.
That the culture in years past is not as prevalent now as it was.
The old culture, of women being coy and flirtatious and playing hard to get, and the men being the dominant alpha male on the hunt, has been over for some time. (Regrettably in my opinion.)
And then came the sexual revolution of the 60's and 70's where women were told they should experience their sexuality as aggressively and as freely as men.
In other words, be a slut.
And it was the feminist movement telling women to act that way.

In my opinion, the feminist movement has completely obliterated femininity and womanhood.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

And some women sleep their way up on purpose too and lie about people to gain their end, its not just a man thing.