THE LORDS DAY CONTROVERSY?

clefty

Paul is explaining that the old law is a shadow of Jesus, and he came.

Awwww man...I really thought that post would reach you...had bigger font was bolded and underlined... was highlighted in yellow but still you missed it...

missed that Paul wrote this long after Jesus came and left...and STILL good things are going to come....

maybe you don’t think good things are going to come anymore?

you also missed the poster is on your “Sabbath ain't for me” team...

clefty

Jesus is the sign for ever.

Not for you He ain’t..

you are doing your own thing...as if He ate cats bats rats and wombats...

His sign says pull over at the rest stop...

you proudly claim “I’ve been resting here the whole time” and not going anywhere...

certainly NOT following Him living as He lived...

God's Truth

Not for you He ain’t..

you are doing your own thing...as if He ate cats bats rats and wombats...

His sign says pull over at the rest stop...

you proudly claim “I’ve been resting here the whole time” and not going anywhere...

certainly NOT following Him living as He lived...

You don't know God.

You only know what an ear tickler says.

You picked someone whose information you liked.

That is not how you find God and His Truth.

God's Truth

Awwww man...I really thought that post would reach you...had bigger font was bolded and underlined... was highlighted in yellow but still you missed it...

missed that Paul wrote this long after Jesus came and left...and STILL good things are going to come....

maybe you don’t think good things are going to come anymore?

Look how long it has been since Jesus came, and you still don't get it that he is the good that came.

God's Truth

you mean when the earth itself was created yes? Or when the mixed multitude of Hebrews where saved from Egypt? Or when He was in the earth (tomb) on the first full day of the New Covenant era?

yeah like a tutor which teaches what you will use the rest of your life...NOT what you will UNLEARN after graduating...

nope Paul was clear of it being a shadow of good things to come...STILL...even after Jesus DBR and ascension...

yup cherry picking not even the whole cherry as you left most of the verse out...to avoid that all this is shadow of good things still to come...and well to finish WHO is to judge NO ONE but the Body of Christ...neat right? So you can not judge because you are NOT IN the Body of Christ as you do NOT do what the HEAD does...does your body do OPPOSITE what your head does?
oh...I bet you think Paul is calling the Torah weak miserable and enslaving...LOL...oh my...perhaps you forget the CELTS have their own customs calendars and ways they worshipped before God KNEW them as obedient to Him...

remember how pagans do things to MERIT favor or protection from their gods...well...that’s what they were doing...

no surprise you miss the complexity of this study by Paul...heir is NOT different than slave as child but then the FATHER freed of from WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH and we received adoption as sons...no longer serving those which by nature are NOT gods...of course there is YOU who feel it necessary to serve how ever you please and make every day Holy and NOT AS HE SERVED the Father...

again you miss the fact that Paul was NOT talking about the OT Law but the commandment of men verse 22 and a self imposed religion verse 23...HMMMM...sound familiar? SELF IMPOSED idolatry of “every day is Holy...eat whatever you want”...yup that is YOU

umm...sure....ok...so when do you expect to make it “on earth as it is in heaven”?

Or do you really expect to keep eating cats rats bats and wombats in the new earth?

Believe Paul when he says don't let anyone judge you by a Sabbath day.

Paul doesn't say, "Oh, except for the weekly Sabbath". That is you and your ear ticklers nullifying God's word.

clefty

You don't know God.

You only know what an ear tickler says.

You picked someone whose information you liked.

That is not how you find God and His Truth.

So not following Him Is knowing Him? LOL

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

clefty

Believe Paul when he says don't let anyone judge you by a Sabbath day.
but the body of Christ...Which follows its Head...which you are not part of because you follow your own way...your own every day is Holy eat whatever...

Paul doesn't say, "Oh, except for the weekly Sabbath". That is you and your ear ticklers nullifying God's word.
You need to give it a rest...Paul included food drink festivals new moon and sabbaths...

and a better argument is that he was referring to yearly sabbaths ONLY and NOT the weekly Sabbath...the irony...

notice it is sabbaths and not the Sabbath...

God's Truth

So not following Him Is knowing Him? LOL

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

Jesus says he is the rest. You go against that.

God's Truth

And there is more good to come...which you don’t get...cuz you reject Him His Ways...

He is the good that came.

It isn't going to go well for you if he comes in your lifetime and you don't realize before then that he is the good that came.

God's Truth

but the body of Christ...Which follows its Head...which you are not part of because you follow your own way...your own every day is Holy eat whatever...

You need to give it a rest...Paul included food drink festivals new moon and sabbaths...

and a better argument is that he was referring to yearly sabbaths ONLY and NOT the weekly Sabbath...the irony...

notice it is sabbaths and not the Sabbath...

You are making excuses why you don't obey God...it is cold outside...my talking about things that don't have to do with God are still good things...Paul doesn't mean all Sabbaths...

You have an excuse for every disobedience you commit.

clefty

Jesus says he is the rest. You go against that.

Where does He say He is the rest...I got where He says He will give you rest...

Where does He say He IS the rest? He said He was a lot of things but not the rest...

I accept the rest He gives...you do not

God's Truth

Where does He say He is the rest...I got where He says He will give you rest...

Where does He say He IS the rest? He said He was a lot of things but not the rest...

I accept the rest He gives...you do not

Explain how Jesus is the rest for you.

clefty

He is the good that came.

It isn't going to go well for you if he comes in your lifetime and you don't realize before then that he is the good that came.

Knowing there is good to come which Paul refers to is not denying it was good He came...

Keeping His ways is good NOW...and later too...

God's Truth

Knowing there is good to come which Paul refers to is not denying it was good He came...

Keeping His ways is good NOW...and later too...

Ah, so it sounds like I helped you to understand.

Jesus is the good that came.

If you don't realize that and he comes in your lifetime, then Jesus coming is when you go to Hell, so how good is that for you?

clefty

Ah, so it sounds like I helped you to understand.
yes yes...I owe it all to you...LOL

Never before your “Jesus is a Sabbath day and now all days are Holy and we can eat cats rats bats and wombats” have I realized the good He did for me...

Jesus is the good that came.
so good in fact that many wish to live as He did out of gratitude for what He did for us...imagine that...being saved by Him we actually wish to live as He modelled and taught we should...you know IF we LOVE Him...and claim to abide IN HIM...because of what He did for us...gratitude does that...faith compels it...

but you do nothing rest every day as Holy...establish another Law...claim another gospel serve another christ that did away with works...not leaving us any way to show our gratitude or the world we are His separate from it...our former selves...

If you don't realize that and he comes in your lifetime, then Jesus coming is when you go to Hell, so how good is that for you?
is why Sabbath remains a shadow of good things still to come...

God's Truth

yes yes...I owe it all to you...LOL

Never before your “Jesus is a Sabbath day and now all days are Holy and we can eat cats rats bats and wombats” have I realized the good He did for me...

so good in fact that many wish to live as He did out of gratitude for what He did for us...imagine that...being saved by Him we actually wish to live as He modelled and taught we should...you know IF we LOVE Him...and claim to abide IN HIM...because of what He did for us...gratitude does that...faith compels it...

but you do nothing rest every day as Holy...establish another Law...claim another gospel serve another christ that did away with works...not leaving us any way to show our gratitude or the world we are His separate from it...our former selves...

is why Sabbath remains a shadow of good things still to come...

You probably retired years ago as you are probably in your eighties, and you have many days off where you do nothing.

You preach to observe the Sabbath as in the old testament, but you ignite fire and you speak of things besides God.

You ignite the fire of Hell and you should learn to preach on what is God's Truth.

You talk anyone into your false teachings, then you are carrying the load of those crippled.

God's Truth

No, he is NOT.... notice the TENSE.

Paul says that they ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME.

Paul does NOT say that they WERE A SHADOW....

Paul says they are a shadow, and he says it is of Jesus.

People were still obeying those shadows, so why on earth would he say they were shadows?