THE LORDS DAY CONTROVERSY?

God's Truth

ARE a shadow of things TO COME means FUTURE at the time that Paul wrote it.

Basic English grammar... this the language unknown to you?

:dizzy:

Too bad you miss God's Truth because you are so educated in English.

It isn't that hard to understand. Paul says the old law are/was/.is a shadow/s.

Paul says plainly that they are a shadow of Jesus but we don't observe shadows when we have the man who made the shadow.

clefty

You probably retired years ago as you are probably in your eighties, and you have many days off where you do nothing.
you and your fantasies of me need to stop...please stick to the message...thanks

You preach to observe the Sabbath as in the old testament, but you ignite fire and you speak of things besides God.

You ignite the fire of Hell and you should learn to preach on what is God's Truth.

You talk anyone into your false teachings, then you are carrying the load of those crippled.

you're judging apples and oranges which makes sense as from fig trunk you want olive branches and from the grapevine you expect figs...

God's Truth

you and your fantasies of me need to stop...please stick to the message...thanks

You lied about me and said I am lazy not working any day and that I eat bats and cats.

Why are you offended that I think you are in your eighties and are retired and don't have to go to work outside the house?

you're judging apples and oranges which makes sense as from fig trunk you want olive branches and from the grapevine you expect figs...

That is your fantasies of me and need to stop.

Wick Stick

The commandment to keep the Sabbath is about giving workers a regular day to REST. And that's all it's about.

Attempts to make it more than that are mis-guided at best. Most are openly about excluding others and differentiating me and my sect. "We're real Christians and you're not, because we keep the Sabbath better than you."

The reality is that most Sabbath-keepers AND Sunday-worshipers have managed to take the day of rest, and turn it into a day of services and worship and everything-the-opposite-of-rest.

Why is it so hard to simply take a day off? Do you need to somehow work your way into heaven?

God's Truth

The commandment to keep the Sabbath is about giving workers a regular day to REST. And that's all it's about.

Attempts to make it more than that are mis-guided at best. Most are openly about excluding others and differentiating me and my sect. "We're real Christians and you're not, because we keep the Sabbath better than you."

The reality is that most Sabbath-keepers AND Sunday-worshipers have managed to take the day of rest, and turn it into a day of services and worship and everything-the-opposite-of-rest.

Why is it so hard to simply take a day off? Do you need to somehow work your way into heaven?

Taking a day off on Saturday does nothing for your salvation with God. The Sabbath was a shadow of Jesus; it was a teaching tool about Jesus.

Wick Stick

Taking a day off on Saturday does nothing for your salvation with God.
I agree. The fourth commandment was not given to help us with our eternal salvation. It was given to Israel at the time they were becoming a nation as part of their laws. I believe it may be the first known instance of worker's rights being legally mandated.

Taking a day off on Saturday (or Sunday, or Monday, etc) DOES help with our lives in the here and now. The Sabbath is simply a gift to mankind.

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Here's to the weekend! :cheers:

God's Truth

I agree. The fourth commandment was not given to help us with our eternal salvation. It was given to Israel at the time they were becoming a nation as part of their laws.

I believe it is a teaching tool and shadow of Jesus.

I believe it may be the first known instance of worker's rights being legally mandated.

Some people might have to work seven days a week.

Taking a day off on Saturday (or Sunday, or Monday, etc) DOES help with our lives in the here and now. The Sabbath is simply a gift to mankind.

Some people don't get that gift.

The gift to mankind is the Holy Spirit.

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Here's to the weekend! :cheers:

Here's to the Lord and every day. :)

clefty

You lied about me and said I am lazy not working any day and that I eat bats and cats.
I am repeating what you said...you say you rest everyday all day...so add to that your belief you can eat anything as long as you give thanks and well there ya go...

Why are you offended that I think you are in your eighties and are retired and don't have to go to work outside the house?
just stick to what scripture says about keeping His Ways and doing AS He did...

That is your fantasies of me and need to stop.

your another gospel another christ is exactly expecting your fruit while claiming to be grafted into His trunk...

God's Truth

I am repeating what you said...

You are a false witness.

You know what God says will happen to false witnesses don't you?

just stick to what scripture says about keeping His Ways and doing AS He did..

That is what you need to do, but you don't do it.

If you (or someone) is in their eighties and don't have a job anymore and they pay someone to mow their lawn and have food prepared for them through meals on wheels six days a week, how hard is it to obey the Sabbath according to the old law? They aren't working any day then are they? Can't you take one day where you don't ignite a fire and don't talk unless it is about God? Those are the rules and regulations for the old law concerning the Sabbath. You say you can't obey it but you tell others to obey it makes you a hypocrite.

Remember you said you tell others to obey the rules and regulations on the Sabbath but you don't obey:

no one does...even of those that actually try...

clefty

You are a false witness.
nope you said you rest every day...eat whatever

You know what God says will happen to false witnesses don't you?
cursed are those that add or detract like you?

That is what you need to do, but you don't do it.

If you (or someone) is in their eighties and don't have a job anymore and they pay someone to mow their lawn and have food prepared for them through meals on wheels six days a week, how hard is it to obey the Sabbath according to the old law? They aren't working any day then are they? Can't you take one day where you don't ignite a fire and don't talk unless it is about God? Those are the rules and regulations for the old law concerning the Sabbath. You say you can't obey it but you tell others to obey it makes you a hypocrite.
so how does it work keeping every Day Holy? Rest every day...talk ONLY about Him every day...you sound like the proud Pharisee that claims perfection and not like the sinner...

Remember you said you tell others to obey the rules and regulations on the Sabbath but you don't obey:

All have sinned...except you...

Paul never knew about you resting every day and keeping EVERY day Holy...ONLY talking about God...

you never wash cuz Jesus purifies you...dont eat anything you make but eat of the Lord by obeying his commands... you do not think any thought that is not of God...you never make a fire because it will lead one to hell...or even wear clothes but clothe yourself in Christ...

I am honest in my failings and need of Him....as even Paul was...and desire to be MORE LIKE Him and not just hear but DO...as Paul instructed

God's Truth

nope you said you rest every day...eat whatever

cursed are those that add or detract like you?

so how does it work keeping every Day Holy? Rest every day...talk ONLY about Him every day...you sound like the proud Pharisee that claims perfection and not like the sinner...

All have sinned...except you...

Paul never knew about you resting every day and keeping EVERY day Holy...ONLY talking about God...

you never wash cuz Jesus purifies you...dont eat anything you make but eat of the Lord by obeying his commands... you do not think any thought that is not of God...you never make a fire because it will lead one to hell...or even wear clothes but clothe yourself in Christ...

I am honest in my failings and need of Him....as even Paul was...and desire to be MORE LIKE Him and not just hear but DO...as Paul instructed

You don't even know the rules and regulations about the Sabbath day according to the old law.

Tell us what you try to obey and don't.

So far you ignite fire; you talk about things other than God; and, you lift things for people. What else do you do that God says not to do on the Sabbath according to the old law?

clefty

You don't even know the rules and regulations about the Sabbath day according to the old law.

Tell us what you try to obey and don't.

So far you ignite fire; you talk about things other than God; and, you lift things for people. What else do you do that God says not to do on the Sabbath according to the old law?

Sabbath was made for man...doing good works is appropriate...He knows the heart and spirit ...application and enforcement are all His...He knows we fail...but delights in our attempts to do works befitting repentance and righteousness and forgives when we “miss the mark”...

more forgiving than the bitter pharisees who accuse us according to their own standards...but as Paul said...let no one but the Body of Christ judge the keeping of these shadows which are STILL pointing to the good things to come...most who claim Him as Head are NOT following as His body....it’s not just LORD LORD but that we DO...His Father’s will and NOT idolatries of our own making...is why for His people there remains a Sabbatismos...Heb 4:9 a Sabbath keeping...as He rested from His works...that creation week...

God's Truth

Then they would be violating the commandment.

It seems you'd like to make the law of no effect by your interpretation of it. You shoulda been a 1st century rabbi!

What you said is silly and makes no sense.

You are probably rich or on welfare most your life.

There is a new covenant.

The old was earthly and the new is spiritual.

God's Truth

Sabbath was made for man...doing good works is appropriate...
Right/ and working on the Sabbath because that is your job and you take care of your family is a good work.

He knows the heart and spirit ...application and enforcement are all His...He knows we fail...but delights in our attempts to do works befitting repentance and righteousness and forgives when we “miss the mark”...

You are wrong. You think God likes hypocrites. You are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures and not knowing God.

You have been preaching the old regulations about the Sabbath days, BUT HAVE NOT been obeying them, AS YOU ADMIT AND SAY. You are a hypocrite, and you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

more forgiving than the bitter pharisees who accuse us according to their own standards...

You are as a pharisee...remember you called me one, and you use 'pharisee' to your hateful liking.

but as Paul said...let no one but the Body of Christ judge the keeping of these shadows which are STILL pointing to the good things to come..
The shadows are NOT to be obeyed, but one must come to the light that came, Jesus Christ.

.most who claim Him as Head are NOT following as His body....
You don't even know what the old law regulations are about the Sabbath! Yet, you say you obey it just like Jesus and Paul, you say!

t’s not just LORD LORD but that we DO...His Father’s will and NOT idolatries of our own making...is why for His people there remains a Sabbatismos...Heb 4:9 a Sabbath keeping...as He rested from His works...that creation week...

You are earthly and even worse, a hypocritical, sinful, lost earthly.

clefty

Right/ and working on the Sabbath because that is your job and you take care of your family is a good work.
so now one can just keep working as if it were a normal week day? Wow...you as an employer would work your employees 7 days a week “is good to provide for family” lol

You really do make another gospel with another christ...creating an idolatrous lifestyle like the money hungry world and not like Him His faith lifestyle...

He takes care of my family btw...

You are wrong. You think God likes hypocrites. You are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures and not knowing God.

You have been preaching the old regulations about the Sabbath days, BUT HAVE NOT been obeying them, AS YOU ADMIT AND SAY. You are a hypocrite, and you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

This from one who keeps Holy every day by not washimg as He purifies you, not eating any food but eat of the Lord by obeying His commands or wear NO clothes but clothes herself in Christ

You are as a pharisee...remember you called me one, and you use 'pharisee' to your hateful liking.
you make your own rules up and don’t do His and think you can referee when you don’t even play the game...

The shadows are NOT to be obeyed, but one must come to the light that came, Jesus Christ.
and then work every day to support family...

No thanks...as Paul said only the body of Christ can judge because they FOLLOW the Head...know to do AS He did

You don't even know what the old law regulations are about the Sabbath! Yet, you say you obey it just like Jesus and Paul, you say!
you your every day a day of rest AND work every day is good TOO...

You are earthly and even worse, a hypocritical, sinful, lost earthly.

On earth as it is in heaven...seventh day rest and eat only clean...not whatever...

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Too bad you miss God's Truth because you are so educated in English.
You cannot understand the Bible if you don't understand LANGUAGE.

It's no wonder that your so confused as to believe a complete fairy tale.

It isn't that hard to understand. Paul says the old law are/was/.is a shadow/s.
Quit repeating YOUR LIES. Paul did NOT say that. The Bible is CRYSTAL CLEAR.

ARE a shadow of THINGS TO COME.

It does NOT say "WERE a shadow of THINGS THAT CAME".

Paul says plainly that they are a shadow of Jesus but we don't observe shadows when we have the man who made the shadow.
Confusion and lies is your MO.

clefty

Quit repeating YOUR LIES. Paul did NOT say that. The Bible is CRYSTAL CLEAR.

ARE a shadow of THINGS TO COME.

It does NOT say "WERE a shadow of THINGS THAT CAME".

Confusion and lies is your MO.

As with Heb 8:5

4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests who offer gifts according to the law. 5They serve at a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary. That is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle, “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” 6Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry,

And

Heb 10:1 The Law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves. It can never, by the same sacrifices offered year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

So what was Paul saying in Colossians 2:16-17?

“Therefore, if all the translators were simply consistent with themselves, they would have translated Colossians 2:16-17 to state:

16 Therefore let NO MAN JUDGE YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come, BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST.“

https://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...the-holy-days/

why would gentiles keep new moons since they had the Julian calendar...

unless they wanted to because of what was done for them?

Wick Stick

What you said is silly and makes no sense.
I'm saying that the commandment which says "every seventh day you will do no work" means that you should actually rest once a week.

Your position for contrast is that the commandment is some sort of a shadow of things to come and it's fine for people to work 7 days a week.

But I'm the silly one. Ok.

You are probably rich or on welfare most your life.
Hmmm... most people wouldn't pair an ad hominem attack with an open admission that they don't actually know anything about the person in question. You seem to have found a way to weaponize your ignorance. Well done. :first: