The long nightmare has ended. Trump leaves the White House

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Your claim, you need to provide a reference and then I will look into it.

Even though, this is obvious "whataboutism" - the fact that Canada may be infected with some measure of xenophobia is, of course, irrelevant to the matter of whether American policy is likewise infected.
You're the one who made the bizarre claim that the wall, i.e. control of our southern border, was a xenophobic structure

I live four miles from a border crossing into Canada from northern New York and know very well what would happen if I tried to cross into Canada without going through customs.

expos4ever

Is mankind inherently good or inherently bad?
I believe there is no simple answer to this question - the reality, I suggest, is that we are a combination of the two. Now you may trot out a platter of Biblical "all have sinned texts". We can have that discussion if you really like.

But even if it is the case that humans are basically evil, the poster I was responding was pushing the ridiculous notion that Satan runs the rest of the world while Trump supporters sport halos.

expos4ever

You're the one who made the bizarre claim that the wall, i.e. control of our southern border, was a xenophobic structure

I live four miles from a border crossing into Canada from northern New York and know very well what would happen if I tried to cross into Canada without going through customs.
Are you going to provide a source for your claim about Canada refusing access to "brown" people, or are you going to continue your Ozark two-step?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why, are coming by boats?
The US us now receiving visitors from Muslim countries. President Biden will communicate with Iran again. And work with other countries on climate control.

He seems very keen to make a difference.

You must feel pleased about his diplomacy.
For me, it was like a burden had been lifted. His presidency was akin to having the foundation of your home atop an active volcano...

expos4ever

I'll make it easy for you ex. Tell me plainly and simply - how many illegal Mexican immigrants are you willing to accept this year?

0 - 100
100 - 1000
1000 - 10,000
10,000 - 100,000
100,000 - 1,000,000
or
1,000,000 - 10,000,000
This is not relevant to the point, which is that the wall is an unnecessary thing, and that it is a symbol that plays to American xenophobia.

In other words, I can, and do, agree that illegal immigration should be stopped without thinking a wall is a useful part of the overall solution.

ok doser

I believe there is no simple answer to this question - the reality, I suggest, is that we are a combination of the two. Now you may trot out a platter of Biblical "all have sinned texts". We can have that discussion if you really like.
A quick look at human history gives me a simple answer to this question and without having to trot out a platter of Biblical texts.
But even if it is the case that humans are basically evil
It is
the poster I was responding was pushing the ridiculous notion that Satan runs the rest of the world
he does
while Trump supporters sport halos.
I didn't read that in what he was writing, but I can understand why you would find it triggering.

ok doser

Why, are coming by boats?
The US us now receiving visitors from Muslim countries. President Biden will communicate with Iran again. And work with other countries on climate control.

He seems very keen to make a difference.

You must feel pleased about his diplomacy.
As I expected you have no concern for the displaced people crowding our Southern border, just as you have no concern for the suffering people in your former colonial empire. No, as I suspected yours was an interest that was solely focused on smearing our president.

ok doser

The US us now receiving visitors from Muslim countries.
As we have been all along. Like all too many lazy, uninformed Trump haters I encounter here and elsewhere you seem to have no interest in learning beyond what the television tells you to think. A quick Google search of "Muslim ban" and "countries with the largest Muslim populations" would show you a Venn diagram that might surprise you.

Specifically the six countries with the largest Muslim populations were never on the list of problematic countries, the same list that Obama worked from, accounting for 840 million Muslims.

See http://en.reingex.com/Muslim-population-countries.asp

ok doser

For me, it was like a burden had been lifted. His presidency was akin to having the foundation of your home atop an active volcano...
And you would prefer to have it built on the whims of a man suffering the early stages of dementia with his thumb on the nuclear button, a man who struggles to come up with the name of the president he served under for 8 years.

ok doser

This is not relevant to the point, which is that the wall is an unnecessary thing, and that it is a symbol that plays to American xenophobia.
You keep bringing up this concept of "American xenophobia" but it appears to exist only in your mind.
In other words, I can, and do, agree that illegal immigration should be stopped without thinking a wall is a useful part of the overall solution.
We had walls during the Obama administration, there are walls at the border crossings between the US and Canada.

Oddly enough, those walls were uncontroversial. The controversy arose when the insanity developed in the left upon trump's election four years ago. One can only hope that people like you will recover soon.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, Chris Wallace just got fired for saying the best previous inaugural address (given of course by Obama) has just been bested by some old white guy. What a racist that Chris Wallace is.

Interesting that you brought race into something that wasn't about race.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Is part of the nightmare the composition of the Supreme Court? Cos it looks to me like it's still 6-3 in favor of Republican nominees.

What good eyesight you have! The Supreme Court is indeed unchanged since October!

The Supreme Court may be majority conservative but that didn't stop it from disappointing those who counted on it to save the election for Trump, so there's that.

eider

As we have been all along. Like all too many lazy, uninformed Trump haters I encounter here and elsewhere you seem to have no interest in learning beyond what the television tells you to think. A quick Google search of "Muslim ban" and "countries with the largest Muslim populations" would show you a Venn diagram that might surprise you.

Specifically the six countries with the largest Muslim populations were never on the list of problematic countries, the same list that Obama worked from, accounting for 840 million Muslims.

See http://en.reingex.com/Muslim-population-countries.asp
Rant rant rant rant.......
Touched a nerve?
Good.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Your claim, you need to provide a reference and then I will look into it.

Even though, this is obvious "whataboutism" - the fact that Canada may be infected with some measure of xenophobia is, of course, irrelevant to the matter of whether American policy is likewise infected.

The U.S. has a white supremacist, racist history. All those MAGAs screaming that their vote was stolen from them? A disturbing number of them actually have no problem at all with voter suppression, as long as it's not *white Christian* voter suppression. Once they feel like their *white Christian* vote was suppressed (even though it wasn't), that's all it took for them to trash the Capitol and get people killed in the process.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
38308584-9172109-SWITZERLAND-a-11_1611243983746.jpg