The Law for Jews, the Law for Gentiles

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The Law is for the Jews. This is the Torah. There is one God. The Law is for the Gentiles. How so?

Because Man's Law is based upon God's Law. So then, what is meant by this? Discuss.

Consider the New Covenant.

Consider the believers from among the Gentiles.

Consider other.

Consider your own topic about this.

What we believe is important.

Is anyone rightly judged by the Law today?

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Law is for the Jews.

Jesus said the Synagogue of Satan is made up of those who say they are Jews, but are not. They lie. (Revelation 3:9)

Liars do not have a right to the Tree of Life, they will die forever. (Revelation 22:15)

iamaberean

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said the Synagogue of Satan is made up of those who say they are Jews, but are not. They lie. (Revelation 3:9)

Liars do not have a right to the Tree of Life, they will die forever. (Revelation 22:15)
I do not know if you are just saying this to say it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Amen. I know that I am not under the law. I still want to keep and teach the Commandments.

iouae

What does it mean to "be under the law"?

The law is a schoolmaster. To be under a schoolmaster means to do what he says, because he has authority.

But Paul says that when one grows up, one is no longer under the schoolmaster/law.

But this does not mean that one forgets the lessons taught by the schoolmaster.

What it means is that having no schoolmaster around to tell you what to do, you continue to do what the schoolmaster taught you while you were under him. You are still under the law, but you now do it because it is internalised. The lessons are written in your heart.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Amen. I know that I am not under the law. I still want to keep and teach the Commandments.

God gave Moses two different laws. One was instructions dictated to Moses in a book of the law.

And God spoke a law to the people and wrote that law on two tablets of stone.

One law was temporary and the other law is written in our mind.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God gave Moses two different laws. One was instructions dictated to Moses in a book of the law.

Do you believe that what you are saying is Biblical? I believe that you should consider what you are saying.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

We teach our children to eat with a knife and fork before they recognize the sense in doing so.

The same as when we tell the children to stay off the street before they understand why.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can change what you think and how you think it. How do you believe that it is and should be kept with the coming of the New Covenant?

Some things are the same such as returning your neighbours cow if you see it strayed out and other things like growing in the faith instead of being spiritually stunted.(a dwarf)

The Lord can teach each one.

LA

iamaberean

What does it mean to "be under the law"?

The law is a schoolmaster. To be under a schoolmaster means to do what he says, because he has authority.

But Paul says that when one grows up, one is no longer under the schoolmaster/law.

But this does not mean that one forgets the lessons taught by the schoolmaster.

What it means is that having no schoolmaster around to tell you what to do, you continue to do what the schoolmaster taught you while you were under him. You are still under the law, but you now do it because it is internalised. The lessons are written in your heart.

Thread from May 2016

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118019-Importance-of-Obedience-Law-vs-Faith

iouae

I looked at the thread, but it had quite a few different opinions. I am not sure which one to accept.

Another difference between OC and NC is that for most OC laws, a punishment was prescribed, like stoning, or sin offering, or repay fivefold etc. This is just like being at school. Some human is chosen under the OC to punish offenders. In Christ's day one sees the scribes and Pharisees still under the OC just yearning to punish Christians.

Whereas in the NC, none of the 1050 commands come with a penalty, and no human is given the job of being schoolmaster. We are not "under the law" or "under the schoolmaster" because there is no human punisher under the NC. If the laws were not written in our hearts, there would be no human motivation to keep them. But we Christians do abide by laws such as thou shalt not steal, because we have internalised this law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Some things are the same such as returning your neighbours cow if you see it strayed out and other things like growing in the faith instead of being spiritually stunted.(a dwarf)

The Lord can teach each one.

LA
Why not just accept the Torah before reading the Prophets and the Writings?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I looked at the thread, but it had quite a few different opinions. I am not sure which one to accept.

Another difference between OC and NC is that for most OC laws, a punishment was prescribed, like stoning, or sin offering, or repay fivefold etc. This is just like being at school. Some human is chosen under the OC to punish offenders. In Christ's day one sees the scribes and Pharisees still under the OC just yearning to punish Christians.

Whereas in the NC, none of the 1050 commands come with a penalty, and no human is given the job of being schoolmaster. We are not "under the law" or "under the schoolmaster" because there is no human punisher under the NC. If the laws were not written in our hearts, there would be no human motivation to keep them. But we Christians do abide by laws such as thou shalt not steal, because we have internalised this law.

You needs figure out how the law is a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ.

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Many have fallen into the ditch when they obeyed no law nor taught their children the law of God with the mistaken idea that the children will come to grace without it.

All they ended up is a bunch of lawlessness and despising of all who uphold it, parents, police and all.

LA