The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Prophet

1Cor.10
[1]
I want you to know, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea,

[2] and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
[3] and all ate the same supernatural food
[4] and all drank the same supernatural drink. For they drank from the supernatural Rock which followed them, and the Rock was Christ.
[5] Nevertheless with most of them God was not pleased; for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
[6]
Now these things are warnings for us, not to desire evil as they did.

bucksplasher

1Cor.10
[1]
I want you to know, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea,

[2] and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
[3] and all ate the same supernatural food
[4] and all drank the same supernatural drink. For they drank from the supernatural Rock which followed them, and the Rock was Christ.
[5] Nevertheless with most of them God was not pleased; for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
[6]
Now these things are warnings for us, not to desire evil as they did.

Drink and eat of the Rock. tWINs

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The "rock" was the faith based revelation by the Father to the truth of the identity of his Son on earth.

(1747.3) 157:4.5 Jesus, still standing, then said to the twelve: “You are my chosen ambassadors, but I know that, in the circumstances, you could not entertain this belief as a result of mere human knowledge. This is a revelation of the spirit of my Father to your inmost souls. And when, therefore, you make this confession by the insight of the spirit of my Father which dwells within you, I am led to declare that upon this foundation will I build the brotherhood of the kingdom of heaven. Upon this rock of spiritual reality will I build the living temple of spiritual fellowship in the eternal realities of my Father’s kingdom. All the forces of evil and the hosts of sin shall not prevail against this human fraternity of the divine spirit. And while my Father’s spirit shall ever be the divine guide and mentor of all who enter the bonds of this spirit fellowship, to you and your successors I now deliver the keys of the outward kingdom — the authority over things temporal — the social and economic features of this association of men and women as fellows of the kingdom.” And again he charged them, for the time being, that they should tell no man that he was the Son of God.

The Church is man made and man dominated.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Readers can decide on the Urantia Papers for themelves :) - thats the beauty of self-discovery. I'll address the topics above soon,....since the subjects are of universal import to we spiritualists. Souls engaged in a wonderful journey of eternal progression....in a cosmos of expanding glory, new opportunities and unending creation....I'd say thats awesome!

pj

Cast not your pearls, it is an utter waste if time. This guy gets more and more angry and unhappy. He lacks the spirit of understanding of the things of God.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Fatherhood of God........

The Fatherhood of God........

Cast not your pearls, it is an utter waste if time. This guy gets more and more angry and unhappy. He lacks the spirit of understanding of the things of God.

Caino

Thanks Caino, your analysis is true. He has no interest in 'God' or anything of religious import or value, plus his continual harping on the 'plagarism' of the Papers, which have been addressed elsewhere. While the revelators used human sources with their own expanding of insight in portions of the papers, much revealed in the Papers is unique to the Urantia Revelation itself which he fails to recognize or even care about.

For those interested, In our 'Jesus didnt exist' thread, I've shared on the 'Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man' concept,....a theme the UB holds dear as being central to the gospel of Jesus. See my sharing on this page here. The gospel messages definitely has a 'socializing' aspect to it concerning the fraternity of all men under the government of divine love and principle.

In-joy!

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
rock of spiritual truth and revelation.......

rock of spiritual truth and revelation.......

The "rock" was the faith based revelation by the Father to the truth of the identity of his Son on earth.

(1747.3) 157:4.5 Jesus, still standing, then said to the twelve: “You are my chosen ambassadors, but I know that, in the circumstances, you could not entertain this belief as a result of mere human knowledge. This is a revelation of the spirit of my Father to your inmost souls. And when, therefore, you make this confession by the insight of the spirit of my Father which dwells within you, I am led to declare that upon this foundation will I build the brotherhood of the kingdom of heaven. Upon this rock of spiritual reality will I build the living temple of spiritual fellowship in the eternal realities of my Father’s kingdom. All the forces of evil and the hosts of sin shall not prevail against this human fraternity of the divine spirit. And while my Father’s spirit shall ever be the divine guide and mentor of all who enter the bonds of this spirit fellowship, to you and your successors I now deliver the keys of the outward kingdom — the authority over things temporal — the social and economic features of this association of men and women as fellows of the kingdom.” And again he charged them, for the time being, that they should tell no man that he was the Son of God.

The Church is man made and man dominated.

Caino

Yes, in this sense I agree the 'keys' of the kingdom are given to all spirit-born sons of God who operate by the laws of the kingdom, having the powers therein to 'forbid'(bind) or 'allow'(loose) certain movements in the earth and heavenly realms. This follows the esoteric truth of "as above, so below". All who understand and operate by their God-given powers are as 'priests', ministers of divine will, mediators.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"lead us not to temptation"

"lead us not to temptation"

Temptation

(1738.2) 156:5.3 On the evening of this same day Nathaniel asked Jesus: “Master, why do we pray that God will lead us not into temptation when we well know from your revelation of the Father that he never does such things?” Jesus answered Nathaniel:

(1738.3) 156:5.4 “It is not strange that you ask such questions seeing that you are beginning to know the Father as I know him, and not as the early Hebrew prophets so dimly saw him. You well know how our forefathers were disposed to see God in almost everything that happened. They looked for the hand of God in all natural occurrences and in every unusual episode of human experience. They connected God with both good and evil. They thought he softened the heart of Moses and hardened the heart of Pharaoh. When man had a strong urge to do something, good or evil, he was in the habit of accounting for these unusual emotions by remarking: ‘The Lord spoke to me saying, do thus and so, or go here and there.’ Accordingly, since men so often and so violently ran into temptation, it became the habit of our forefathers to believe that God led them thither for testing, punishing, or strengthening. But you, indeed, now know better. You know that men are all too often led into temptation by the urge of their own selfishness and by the impulses of their animal natures. When you are in this way tempted, I admonish you that, while you recognize temptation honestly and sincerely for just what it is, you intelligently redirect the energies of spirit, mind, and body, which are seeking expression, into higher channels and toward more idealistic goals. In this way may you transform your temptations into the highest types of uplifting mortal ministry while you almost wholly avoid these wasteful and weakening conflicts between the animal and spiritual natures.

(1738.4) 156:5.5 “But let me warn you against the folly of undertaking to surmount temptation by the effort of supplanting one desire by another and supposedly superior desire through the mere force of the human will. If you would be truly triumphant over the temptations of the lesser and lower nature, you must come to that place of spiritual advantage where you have really and truly developed an actual interest in, and love for, those higher and more idealistic forms of conduct which your mind is desirous of substituting for these lower and less idealistic habits of behavior that you recognize as temptation. You will in this way be delivered through spiritual transformation rather than be increasingly overburdened with the deceptive suppression of mortal desires. The old and the inferior will be forgotten in the love for the new and the superior. Beauty is always triumphant over ugliness in the hearts of all who are illuminated by the love of truth. There is mighty power in the expulsive energy of a new and sincere spiritual affection. And again I say to you, be not overcome by evil but rather overcome evil with good.”

Aimiel

Yes, in this sense I agree the 'keys' of the kingdom are given to all spirit-born sons of God who operate by the laws of the kingdom, having the powers therein to 'forbid'(bind) or 'allow'(loose) certain movements in the earth and heavenly realms.
See the Urantia Revelation, you will learn about the Kingdom. Hogwash. No one should follow such nonsense, since Jesus warned us that people would come along to lead us away from Him. Only The Word of God should be thought of as Truth regarding His Kingdom.

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

Making sounds like a sheep doesn't make one a sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
kingdom of the Spirit.....

kingdom of the Spirit.....

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

With this the Urantia Papers certainly agree -

(170:1.13) At different times and in varying circumstances it appears that Jesus may have presented numerous concepts of the "kingdom" in his public teachings, but to his apostles he always taught the kingdom as embracing man's personal experience in relation to his fellows on earth and to the Father in heaven. Concerning the kingdom, his last word always was, "The kingdom is within you."

The kingdom of 'God' is experiential, since its is both within and without.....being the sharing of the soul of man with-in the Spirit of God, a communion of wills, purpose, direction, values.

You apparently are unfamilar with Part 4 which covers great commentaries of Jesus teaching about the kingdom. Again, the theme of 'The Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man' is central to the gospel message.

pj

Aimiel

But the teachings of the Urantia papers has nothing to do with God, since they are from beneath. The Bible is God's Word. Urantia is Satan's ideas, trying to steer people away from God.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The truth about Hebrew history

The truth about Hebrew history

The elite Hebrew priest class rewrote Hebrew history during the Babylonian captivity. This leaves bible worshipers in a state of unreality regarding the past.

Hebrew History

(1071.6) 97:9.1 There never were twelve tribes of the Israelites — only three or four tribes settled in Palestine. The Hebrew nation came into being as the result of the union of the so-called Israelites and the Canaanites. “And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites. And they took their daughters to be their wives and gave their daughters to the sons of the Canaanites.” The Hebrews never drove the Canaanites out of Palestine, notwithstanding that the priests’ record of these things unhesitatingly declared that they did.

(1071.7) 97:9.2 The Israelitish consciousness took origin in the hill country of Ephraim; the later Jewish consciousness originated in the southern clan of Judah. The Jews (Judahites) always sought to defame and blacken the record of the northern Israelites (Ephraimites).

(1072.1) 97:9.3 Pretentious Hebrew history begins with Saul’s rallying the northern clans to withstand an attack by the Ammonites upon their fellow tribesmen — the Gileadites — east of the Jordan. With an army of a little more than three thousand he defeated the enemy, and it was this exploit that led the hill tribes to make him king. When the exiled priests rewrote this story, they raised Saul’s army to 330,000 and added “Judah” to the list of tribes participating in the battle.

(1072.2) 97:9.4 Immediately following the defeat of the Ammonites, Saul was made king by popular election by his troops. No priest or prophet participated in this affair. But the priests later on put it in the record that Saul was crowned king by the prophet Samuel in accordance with divine directions. This they did in order to establish a “divine line of descent” for David’s Judahite kingship.

(1072.3) 97:9.5 The greatest of all distortions of Jewish history had to do with David. After Saul’s victory over the Ammonites (which he ascribed to Yahweh) the Philistines became alarmed and began attacks on the northern clans. David and Saul never could agree. David with six hundred men entered into a Philistine alliance and marched up the coast to Esdraelon. At Gath the Philistines ordered David off the field; they feared he might go over to Saul. David retired; the Philistines attacked and defeated Saul. They could not have done this had David been loyal to Israel. David’s army was a polyglot assortment of malcontents, being for the most part made up of social misfits and fugitives from justice.

(1072.4) 97:9.6 Saul’s tragic defeat at Gilboa by the Philistines brought Yahweh to a low point among the gods in the eyes of the surrounding Canaanites. Ordinarily, Saul’s defeat would have been ascribed to apostasy from Yahweh, but this time the Judahite editors attributed it to ritual errors. They required the tradition of Saul and Samuel as a background for the kingship of David.

(1072.5) 97:9.7 David with his small army made his headquarters at the non-Hebrew city of Hebron. Presently his compatriots proclaimed him king of the new kingdom of Judah. Judah was made up mostly of non-Hebrew elements — Kenites, Calebites, Jebusites, and other Canaanites. They were nomads — herders — and so were devoted to the Hebrew idea of land ownership. They held the ideologies of the desert clans.

(1072.6) 97:9.8 The difference between sacred and profane history is well illustrated by the two differing stories concerning making David king as they are found in the Old Testament. A part of the secular story of how his immediate followers (his army) made him king was inadvertently left in the record by the priests who subsequently prepared the lengthy and prosaic account of the sacred history wherein is depicted how the prophet Samuel, by divine direction, selected David from among his brethren and proceeded formally and by elaborate and solemn ceremonies to anoint him king over the Hebrews and then to proclaim him Saul’s successor.

(1072.7) 97:9.9 So many times did the priests, after preparing their fictitious narratives of God’s miraculous dealings with Israel, fail fully to delete the plain and matter-of-fact statements which already rested in the records.

(1072.8) 97:9.10 David sought to build himself up politically by first marrying Saul’s daughter, then the widow of Nabal the rich Edomite, and then the daughter of Talmai, the king of Geshur. He took six wives from the women of Jebus, not to mention Bathsheba, the wife of the Hittite.

(1073.1) 97:9.11 And it was by such methods and out of such people that David built up the fiction of a divine kingdom of Judah as the successor of the heritage and traditions of the vanishing northern kingdom of Ephraimite Israel. David’s cosmopolitan tribe of Judah was more gentile than Jewish; nevertheless the oppressed elders of Ephraim came down and “anointed him king of Israel.” After a military threat, David then made a compact with the Jebusites and established his capital of the united kingdom at Jebus (Jerusalem), which was a strong-walled city midway between Judah and Israel. The Philistines were aroused and soon attacked David. After a fierce battle they were defeated, and once more Yahweh was established as “The Lord God of Hosts.”

(1073.2) 97:9.12 But Yahweh must, perforce, share some of this glory with the Canaanite gods, for the bulk of David’s army was non-Hebrew. And so there appears in your record (overlooked by the Judahite editors) this telltale statement: “Yahweh has broken my enemies before me. Therefore he called the name of the place Baal-Perazim.” And they did this because eighty per cent of David’s soldiers were Baalites.

(1073.3) 97:9.13 David explained Saul’s defeat at Gilboa by pointing out that Saul had attacked a Canaanite city, Gibeon, whose people had a peace treaty with the Ephraimites. Because of this, Yahweh forsook him. Even in Saul’s time David had defended the Canaanite city of Keilah against the Philistines, and then he located his capital in a Canaanite city. In keeping with the policy of compromise with the Canaanites, David turned seven of Saul’s descendants over to the Gibeonites to be hanged.

(1073.4) 97:9.14 After the defeat of the Philistines, David gained possession of the “ark of Yahweh,” brought it to Jerusalem, and made the worship of Yahweh official for his kingdom. He next laid heavy tribute on the neighboring tribes — the Edomites, Moabites, Ammonites, and Syrians.

(1073.5) 97:9.15 David’s corrupt political machine began to get personal possession of land in the north in violation of the Hebrew mores and presently gained control of the caravan tariffs formerly collected by the Philistines. And then came a series of atrocities climaxed by the murder of Uriah. All judicial appeals were adjudicated at Jerusalem; no longer could “the elders” mete out justice. No wonder rebellion broke out. Today, Absalom might be called a demagogue; his mother was a Canaanite. There were a half dozen contenders for the throne besides the son of Bathsheba — Solomon.

(1073.6) 97:9.16 After David’s death Solomon purged the political machine of all northern influences but continued all of the tyranny and taxation of his father’s regime. Solomon bankrupted the nation by his lavish court and by his elaborate building program: There was the house of Lebanon, the palace of Pharaoh’s daughter, the temple of Yahweh, the king’s palace, and the restoration of the walls of many cities. Solomon created a vast Hebrew navy, operated by Syrian sailors and trading with all the world. His harem numbered almost one thousand.

(1073.7) 97:9.17 By this time Yahweh’s temple at Shiloh was discredited, and all the worship of the nation was centered at Jebus in the gorgeous royal chapel. The northern kingdom returned more to the worship of Elohim. They enjoyed the favor of the Pharaohs, who later enslaved Judah, putting the southern kingdom under tribute.

(1073.8) 97:9.18 There were ups and downs — wars between Israel and Judah. After four years of civil war and three dynasties, Israel fell under the rule of city despots who began to trade in land. Even King Omri attempted to buy Shemer’s estate. But the end drew on apace when Shalmaneser III decided to control the Mediterranean coast. King Ahab of Ephraim gathered ten other groups and resisted at Karkar; the battle was a draw. The Assyrian was stopped but the allies were decimated. This great fight is not even mentioned in the Old Testament.

(1074.1) 97:9.19 New trouble started when King Ahab tried to buy land from Naboth. His Phoenician wife forged Ahab’s name to papers directing that Naboth’s land be confiscated on the charge that he had blasphemed the names of “Elohim and the king.” He and his sons were promptly executed. The vigorous Elijah appeared on the scene denouncing Ahab for the murder of the Naboths. Thus Elijah, one of the greatest of the prophets, began his teaching as a defender of the old land mores as against the land-selling attitude of the Baalim, against the attempt of the cities to dominate the country. But the reform did not succeed until the country landlord Jehu joined forces with the gypsy chieftain Jehonadab to destroy the prophets (real estate agents) of Baal at Samaria.

(1074.2) 97:9.20 New life appeared as Jehoash and his son Jeroboam delivered Israel from its enemies. But by this time there ruled in Samaria a gangster-nobility whose depredations rivaled those of the Davidic dynasty of olden days. State and church went along hand in hand. The attempt to suppress freedom of speech led Elijah, Amos, and Hosea to begin their secret writing, and this was the real beginning of the Jewish and Christian Bibles.

(1074.3) 97:9.21 But the northern kingdom did not vanish from history until the king of Israel conspired with the king of Egypt and refused to pay further tribute to Assyria. Then began the three years’ siege followed by the total dispersion of the northern kingdom. Ephraim (Israel) thus vanished. Judah — the Jews, the “remnant of Israel” — had begun the concentration of land in the hands of the few, as Isaiah said, “Adding house to house and field to field.” Presently there was in Jerusalem a temple of Baal alongside the temple of Yahweh. This reign of terror was ended by a monotheistic revolt led by the boy king Joash, who crusaded for Yahweh for thirty-five years.

(1074.4) 97:9.22 The next king, Amaziah, had trouble with the revolting tax-paying Edomites and their neighbors. After a signal victory he turned to attack his northern neighbors and was just as signally defeated. Then the rural folk revolted; they assassinated the king and put his sixteen-year-old son on the throne. This was Azariah, called Uzziah by Isaiah. After Uzziah, things went from bad to worse, and Judah existed for a hundred years by paying tribute to the kings of Assyria. Isaiah the first told them that Jerusalem, being the city of Yahweh, would never fall. But Jeremiah did not hesitate to proclaim its downfall.

(1074.5) 97:9.23 The real undoing of Judah was effected by a corrupt and rich ring of politicians operating under the rule of a boy king, Manasseh. The changing economy favored the return of the worship of Baal, whose private land dealings were against the ideology of Yahweh. The fall of Assyria and the ascendancy of Egypt brought deliverance to Judah for a time, and the country folk took over. Under Josiah they destroyed the Jerusalem ring of corrupt politicians. *

(1074.6) 97:9.24 But this era came to a tragic end when Josiah presumed to go out to intercept Necho’s mighty army as it moved up the coast from Egypt for the aid of Assyria against Babylon. He was wiped out, and Judah went under tribute to Egypt. The Baal political party returned to power in Jerusalem, and thus began the real Egyptian bondage. Then ensued a period in which the Baalim politicians controlled both the courts and the priesthood. Baal worship was an economic and social system dealing with property rights as well as having to do with soil fertility.

(1075.1) 97:9.25 With the overthrow of Necho by Nebuchadnezzar, Judah fell under the rule of Babylon and was given ten years of grace, but soon rebelled. When Nebuchadnezzar came against them, the Judahites started social reforms, such as releasing slaves, to influence Yahweh. When the Babylonian army temporarily withdrew, the Hebrews rejoiced that their magic of reform had delivered them. It was during this period that Jeremiah told them of the impending doom, and presently Nebuchadnezzar returned.

(1075.2) 97:9.26 And so the end of Judah came suddenly. The city was destroyed, and the people were carried away into Babylon. The Yahweh-Baal struggle ended with the captivity. And the captivity shocked the remnant of Israel into monotheism.

(1075.3) 97:9.27 In Babylon the Jews arrived at the conclusion that they could not exist as a small group in Palestine, having their own peculiar social and economic customs, and that, if their ideologies were to prevail, they must convert the gentiles. Thus originated their new concept of destiny — the idea that the Jews must become the chosen servants of Yahweh. The Jewish religion of the Old Testament really evolved in Babylon during the captivity.

(1075.4) 97:9.28 The doctrine of immortality also took form at Babylon. The Jews had thought that the idea of the future life detracted from the emphasis of their gospel of social justice. Now for the first time theology displaced sociology and economics. Religion was taking shape as a system of human thought and conduct more and more to be separated from politics, sociology, and economics.

(1075.5) 97:9.29 And so does the truth about the Jewish people disclose that much which has been regarded as sacred history turns out to be little more than the chronicle of ordinary profane history. Judaism was the soil out of which Christianity grew, but the Jews were not a miraculous people.

Aimiel

The elite Hebrew priest class rewrote Hebrew history during the Babylonian captivity. This leaves bible worshipers in a state of unreality regarding the past.

(1071.6) 97:9.1 There never were twelve tribes of the Israelites — only three or four tribes settled in Palestine.
Those who believe The Holy Bible (which has never once been proven wrong on a single point-of-fact regarding the history of antiquity) don't worship The Bible, we simply recognize Truth when He speaks. The Holy Bible is God's Written Word. Because that Word leads us into a dynamic relationship with The Living Word, Who is alive and well, we are in a relationship with The Author of all Creation. Just like bank tellers, who easily recognize counterfeit money because they handle the real thing all day long we easily recognize counterfeit gods.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Those who believe The Holy Bible (which has never once been proven wrong on a single point-of-fact regarding the history of antiquity) don't worship The Bible, we simply recognize Truth when He speaks. The Holy Bible is God's Written Word. Because that Word leads us into a dynamic relationship with The Living Word, Who is alive and well, we are in a relationship with The Author of all Creation. Just like bank tellers, who easily recognize counterfeit money because they handle the real thing all day long we easily recognize counterfeit gods.

* The current books of the various Bible's are books about the Word of God as a living, real God. Those books vary in quality and have been edited and redacted over time.

* The bible does not claim to be the word of God, religious institutions make that claim in order to control sincere people who lack the courage to challenge the church. In the past the church murdered people who dared challenge their false government.

* The practice of scriptural idolatry leads people into self delusion, they lie to themselves because they are to proud to face the obvious flaws in the Bible and forge a real personal relationship with the presence of God.

* Scriptural idolatry was used to resist Jesus' revelation and to kill him.

Caino

Last edited:

Aimiel

* The current books of the various Bible's are books about the Word of God as a living, real God.
No, they're a roadmap to a relationship with The Only Living God, Whose Right Hand (His Living Word) came into our plane of existence in The Form of Flesh. He is Love. His Word is also our Savior, Lord and God; but Jesus Himself said that He came to seek and to save that which was lost. What was lost was relationship. It's what Adam and Eve lost in the garden. Jesus restored man's ability to have a relationship with God, but only through His Blood.
Those books vary in quality and have been edited and redacted over time.
No, they haven't. There have been errors in handwriting or spelling, but they weren't edits or changes. The accuracy of the history stated in Scripture alone makes The Bible the stand-out record of antiquity. Indeed it is the ONLY record of parts of our history. The authenticity of Scripture is unquestionable.
* The bible does not claim to be the word of God, religious institutions make that claim in order to control sincere people who lack the courage to challenge the church.
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If you are not a believer, then you don't know The Scriptures to be holy, you only know that they are words. To us who believe, these Words are alive and powerful, sharper than any double-edged sword and capable of discerning between soul and spirit.
In the past the church murdered people who dared challenge their false government.
The ones who murdered people weren't believers. Those who are Christian bear no ill-will towards their neighbor. They walk in forgiveness. They walk in love. Just because someone calls themselves: "Christian," doesn't make them such. There will always be counterfeits. The Urantia Papers is a perfect example. The Lord didn't inspire a single word of it. It's full of darkness.
The practice of scriptural idolatry leads people into self delusion, they lie to themselves because they are to proud to face the obvious flaws in the Bible and forge a real personal relationship with the presence of God.
Obvious flaws? People have been on the world's longest fault-finding mission ever against The Holy Scriptures, and not one soul has yet found a single fault. God's Word still stands. I say in spite of religious-minded men and today's 'do whatever feels good' attitude men have still found their way into a relationship with The Living God. That speaks volumes for His Word.
* Scriptural idolatry was used to resist Jesus' revelation and to kill him.
No, it was half-truth, the same thing used to design the Urantia Papers. The same thing you used to write this post. God wants us to walk in the light. Those of us who are Christian are the only light this world has. You and Paul walk in darkness. You both need to repent. Resist the darkness. Come to the light... we have cookies. :thumb:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, they're a roadmap to a relationship with The Only Living God, Whose Right Hand (His Living Word) came into our plane of existence in The Form of Flesh. He is Love. His Word is also our Savior, Lord and God; but Jesus Himself said that He came to seek and to save that which was lost. What was lost was relationship. It's what Adam and Eve lost in the garden. Jesus restored man's ability to have a relationship with God, but only through His Blood.No, they haven't. There have been errors in handwriting or spelling, but they weren't edits or changes. The accuracy of the history stated in Scripture alone makes The Bible the stand-out record of antiquity. Indeed it is the ONLY record of parts of our history. The authenticity of Scripture is unquestionable. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If you are not a believer, then you don't know The Scriptures to be holy, you only know that they are words. To us who believe, these Words are alive and powerful, sharper than any double-edged sword and capable of discerning between soul and spirit.The ones who murdered people weren't believers. Those who are Christian bear no ill-will towards their neighbor. They walk in forgiveness. They walk in love. Just because someone calls themselves: "Christian," doesn't make them such. There will always be counterfeits. The Urantia Papers is a perfect example. The Lord didn't inspire a single word of it. It's full of darkness.Obvious flaws? People have been on the world's longest fault-finding mission ever against The Holy Scriptures, and not one soul has yet found a single fault. God's Word still stands. I say in spite of religious-minded men and today's 'do whatever feels good' attitude men have still found their way into a relationship with The Living God. That speaks volumes for His Word.No, it was half-truth, the same thing used to design the Urantia Papers. The same thing you used to write this post. God wants us to walk in the light. Those of us who are Christian are the only light this world has. You and Paul walk in darkness. You both need to repent. Resist the darkness. Come to the light... we have cookies. :thumb:

Aimiel, you are a very poor example of what you preach, and many errors have been found in many Bibles but scripture worshipers are dishonest people.

The words of the imposter Paul weren’t scripture when he gave that opinion, but you lack the character to face that truth. The NT had not even been written at that point, but again, you lack the intelligence to understand that. Paul’s opinion could only have been talking about the OT books written by the Hebrew priest about themselves. And anything that predates Genesis is completely gone, but that may be over your head.

Caino

Aimiel

Aimiel, you are a very poor example of what you preach, and many errors have been found in many Bibles but scripture worshipers are dishonest people.
Really? I've found that the most dishonest people are those who are in cults. The Urantia papers have created their own cultists. No errors that I know of have ever been substantiated in Scripture. The Holy Bible is still the single most authoritative book there is: historically, scientifically and spiritually.
The words of the imposter Paul weren’t scripture when he gave that opinion, but you lack the character to face that truth.
Paul was an apostle, and not only are his words counted as Scripture by men (inspired by The Holy Ghost) but he taught us that we are all 'living epistles' and that is exactly what we are, because we actually have rivers of Living Water flowing out of our spirit into the lives of those who are lost.
The NT had not even been written at that point, but again, you lack the intelligence to understand that.
I assure you, I don't lack in the intelligence department, but your shortcomings are obvious.
Paul’s opinion could only have been talking about the OT books written by the Hebrew priest about themselves. And anything that predates Genesis is completely gone, but that may be over your head.
Anything that predates Genesis (God creating space and time) is over your head, too, since God has told no one about His Existence before He began creation. It simply wouldn't fit into our tiny little brains. Your opinions about Paul notwithstanding, he did a pretty good job of settling arguments among the early churches and writing two-thirds of the New Testament. If you don't have enough sense to read The Bible and believe that It is God's Word, then you need to get saved. Without The Blood of Christ you have no part in Heaven.

It seems we've strayed from the Urantia Papers a bit, but that is to be expected, since they're not laid on a firm foundation and only built on sand.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Really? I've found that the most dishonest people are those who are in cults. The Urantia papers have created their own cultists. No errors that I know of have ever been substantiated in Scripture. The Holy Bible is still the single most authoritative book there is: historically, scientifically and spiritually.Paul was an apostle, and not only are his words counted as Scripture by men (inspired by The Holy Ghost) but he taught us that we are all 'living epistles' and that is exactly what we are, because we actually have rivers of Living Water flowing out of our spirit into the lives of those who are lost.I assure you, I don't lack in the intelligence department, but your shortcomings are obvious.Anything that predates Genesis (God creating space and time) is over your head, too, since God has told no one about His Existence before He began creation. It simply wouldn't fit into our tiny little brains. Your opinions about Paul notwithstanding, he did a pretty good job of settling arguments among the early churches and writing two-thirds of the New Testament. If you don't have enough sense to read The Bible and believe that It is God's Word, then you need to get saved. Without The Blood of Christ you have no part in Heaven.

It seems we've strayed from the Urantia Papers a bit, but that is to be expected, since they're not laid on a firm foundation and only built on sand.

Paul was a Pagan impostor, he was never picked nor taught by Jesus, he barged in and made compromises with the Pagans and their existing belief in a sacrificed savior, blood drinking, a virgin birth on December 25th. Christianity as it evolved is a mere shadow of the original gospel. Jesus didn't teach human sacrifice but Paul's Pagan beliefs already did.

We've strayed from the papers because you have never read them so you speak out of ignorance. You seem frustrated that the usual christian BS isn't working here.

Caino

Aimiel

Paul was a Pagan impostor...
He was a jew of jews, a doctor of the law and arguably one of the most authors The Lord made use of to pen His Holy Scriptures.
...he was never picked nor taught by Jesus...
Actually, He met the same Jesus the other apostles did... the same one I did and the same one Whom you need to be introduced to: The Holy Ghost.
...he barged in and made compromises with the Pagans and their existing belief in a sacrificed savior...
Paul did no such thing. No, that was God's invention. He gave His Own Son as a sacrificial lamb and planned it from the foundation of the earth.
...blood drinking
The symbolism of Passover and Christ's fulfillment of what was symbolized is obvious. Paul didn't introduce the eternal Passover celebration, God did, the night He freed the Israelites from Egypt.
...a virgin birth on December 25th.
He also didn't invent that one. You really need to read the Gospels.
Christianity as it evolved is a mere shadow of the original gospel.
No, The Gospel is what leads men to eternal life, but only through Christ's Blood.
Jesus didn't teach human sacrifice but Paul's Pagan beliefs already did.
Jesus certainly did...

John 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Mark 10:45
For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Those are His Words!
We've strayed from the papers because you have never read them so you speak out of ignorance.
We stray from the papers because they have no authority. The Word of God is all the authority men need.
You seem frustrated that the usual christian BS isn't working here.
If I do become frustrated, it will only be due to your ignorance, not any shortcomings you might point out for me that I need to repent of.

You shouldn't curse. You see frustrated. Are you going to start ignoring me next?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
nothing to fear.......

nothing to fear.......

But the teachings of the Urantia papers has nothing to do with God, since they are from beneath. The Bible is God's Word. Urantia is Satan's ideas, trying to steer people away from God.

Far from it....since it is a clear and very comprehensive revelation of 'God', the history of our planet, its civilization, religious evolutions....and the ministry of Jesus (from this particular group of intelligences). Truth has nothing to fear or hide from, so any body of revealed or enhanced knowledge of facts and spiritual insights would naturally be welcomed by a student of truth. Hence the value of seeing what a revealed record actually teaches, honestly investigating it. 'God' is not limited to a Judeo-Christian Bible, since 'God' has revealed himself and is continously revealing himself thru other means, images, symbols and forms...since 'God' is ever omnipresent. Understanding this, there is an enthused interest in new discovery, learning, and expansion of consciousness concerning any 'text' that has religious wisdom or revealed knowledge. Why fear it and assume 'God' cannot speak thru other channels? Intellectual honesty demands a thorough investigation of all inspired writings.

UB Online Study Index

pj

Aimiel

Far from it...
Actually, I was precise and accurate. Urantia teaches that The Holy Bible is a myth and not Truth.

P59:6, 4:5.1 Religious tradition is the imperfectly preserved record of the experiences of the God-knowing men of past ages, but such records are untrustworthy as guides for religious living or as the source of true information about the Universal Father. Such ancient beliefs have been invariably altered by the fact that primitive man was a mythmaker. [/QUOTE]Such findings as early copies of books of The Bible like those found in the Dead Sea Scrolls have revealed that men copied the text exactly, and have proven time and again that The Bible is accurate. The fact that Christ saves men from their sins and gives them eternal life even today proves that He is not a myth.
...since it is a clear and very comprehensive revelation of 'God', the history of our planet, its civilization, religious evolutions....and the ministry of Jesus (from this particular group of intelligences).
They are quite clearly demonic in origin. The Urantia book attempts to discredit The Bible and make Jesus' sacrifice of no effect.
Truth has nothing to fear or hide from, so any body of revealed or enhanced knowledge of facts and spiritual insights would naturally be welcomed by a student of truth.
It isn't spiritual insight when you look through demonic glasses; it's deception. I don't fear or hide from the enemy, but I'm also quite aware that he exists and don't lend myself to his pleasure.
Hence the value of seeing what a revealed record actually teaches, honestly investigating it.
Seeing the quote I snipped above, one doesn't have to question the intention of your 'intelligences' since they spell it out pretty clearly.
'God' is not limited to a Judeo-Christian Bible, since 'God' has revealed himself and is continously revealing himself thru other means, images, symbols and forms...since 'God' is ever omnipresent.
He is Omnipresent, but that doesn't mean that He reveals Himself through false gods. He commands us to have no other gods before Him. You bow to countless gods, but He demands perfect loyalty.
Understanding this, there is an enthused interest in new discovery, learning, and expansion of consciousness concerning any 'text' that has religious wisdom or revealed knowledge.
Do you also read the Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor Lavey? Do you find God in it? Do you read the Koran? The Book of Mormon?
Why fear it and assume 'God' cannot speak thru other channels? Intellectual honesty demands a thorough investigation of all inspired writings.[/COLOR]
I don't have to study counterfeit scripture to know The Holy Scriptures any more than a bank teller has to study counterfeit money, since they're familiar with all the security features of the real dollar bills. Knowing God and His Holy Word gives us enough knowledge about God to fall in love with Him and to seek and find Him.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

We (believers) seek Him, we find Him and when we do we fall in love with Him and have an eternal relationship with Him. That doesn't call for us to find out what the enemy has to say about Him or what demons have to say about Him. It gives us a One-on-one relationship with Him where we can hear His Voice for ourselves and know that it is Him speaking. The inspiration that came upon the author of the Urantia papers wasn't from above.

Status
Not open for further replies.