The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
From UBthenews.com, more validation of statments made in the Urantia revelation

Farming In Europe Report (preliminary information)

http://www.ubthenews.com/topics/Farming_In_Europe.htm

Europe's First Farmers Were Immigrants: Replaced Their Stone Age Hunter-Gatherer Forerunners

ScienceDaily (Sep. 3, 2009) — Analysis of ancient DNA from skeletons suggests that Europe's first farmers were not the descendants of the people who settled the area after the retreat of the ice sheets. Instead, the early farmers probably migrated into major areas of central and eastern Europe about 7,500 years ago, bringing domesticated plants and animals with them, says Barbara Bramanti from Mainz University in Germany and colleagues......

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090903163902.htm

Origins of Farming in Europe Result of Human Migration and Cultural Change, Study Suggests

ScienceDaily (Feb. 22, 2011) — It has long been debated as to whether the transition from a largely hunter-gatherer to an agricultural subsistence strategy in Europe was the result of the migration of farmers from the Near East and Anatolia, or whether this transition was primarily cultural in nature. A new study, co-authored by researchers at University College Cork and the University of Kent suggests that the prehistoric adoption of farming practices in outlying regions of Europe, Scandinavia, the Baltic, European Russia and the Ukraine, was the result of cultural diffusion. . . .

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/02/110222192828.htm

6. THE LAST ANDITE DISPERSIONS

78:6.1 The last three waves of Andites poured out of Mesopotamia between 8000 and 6000 B.C. These three great waves of culture were forced out of Mesopotamia by the pressure of the hill tribes to the east and the harassment of the plainsmen of the west. The inhabitants of the Euphrates valley and adjacent territory went forth in their final exodus in several directions:

Sixty-five per cent entered Europe by the Caspian Sea route to conquer and amalgamate with the newly appearing white races—the blend of the blue men and the earlier Andites.

Ten per cent, including a large group of the Sethite priests, moved eastward through the Elamite highlands to the Iranian plateau and Turkestan. Many of their descendants were later driven into India with their Aryan brethren from the regions to the north.

Ten per cent of the Mesopotamians turned eastward in their northern trek, entering Sinkiang, where they blended with the Andite-yellow inhabitants. The majority of the able offspring of this racial union later entered China and contributed much to the immediate improvement of the northern division of the yellow race.

Ten per cent of these fleeing Andites made their way across Arabia and entered Egypt.

Five per cent of the Andites, the very superior culture of the coastal district about the mouths of the Tigris and Euphrates who had kept themselves free from intermarriage with the inferior neighboring tribesmen, refused to leave their homes. This group represented the survival of many superior Nodite and Adamite strains.

78:6.7 The Andites had almost entirely evacuated this region by 6000 B.C., though their descendants, largely mixed with the surrounding Sangik races and the Andonites of Asia Minor, were there to give battle to the northern and eastern invaders at a much later date.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
UBthenews.com post new report on the domestication of the horse.

"A 2011 Reuters story, covering an archaeological discovery made in Saudi Arabia, reported, “The Maqar Civilization is a very advanced civilization of the Neolithic period. This site shows us clearly, the roots of the domestication of horses 9,000 years ago.”​

horse.jpg

Urantia revelation 1955:

“The last three waves of Andites poured out of Mesopotamia between 8000 and 6000 B.C. These three great waves of culture were forced out of Mesopotamia by the pressure of the hill tribes to the east and the harassment of the plainsmen of the west.” “The horse gave the dispersing Andites the hitherto nonexistent advantage of mobility, enabling the last groups of Andite cavalrymen to progress quickly . . .” “Ten per cent of these fleeing Andites made their way across Arabia and entered Egypt.” “Sixty-five per cent entered Europe by the Caspian Sea route . . .” “Ten per cent . . . moved eastward through the Elamite highlands to the Iranian plateau and Turkestan.” “The civilization of Turkestan was constantly being revived and refreshed by the newcomers from Mesopotamia, especially by the later Andite cavalrymen.”

http://www.ubthenews.com/topics/Horsing_Around.htm

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Mount of Transfiguration

The Mount of Transfiguration

THE MOUNT OF TRANSFIGURATION

158:0.1 IT WAS NEAR sundown on Friday afternoon, August 12, A.D. 29, when Jesus and his associates reached the foot of Mount Hermon, near the very place where the lad Tiglath once waited while the Master ascended the mountain alone to settle the spiritual destinies of Urantia and technically to terminate the Lucifer rebellion. And here they sojourned for two days in spiritual preparation for the events so soon to follow.

158:0.2 In a general way, Jesus knew beforehand what was to transpire on the mountain, and he much desired that all his apostles might share this experience. It was to fit them for this revelation of himself that he tarried with them at the foot of the mountain. But they could not attain those spiritual levels which would justify their exposure to the full experience of the visitation of the celestial beings so soon to appear on earth. And since he could not take all of his associates with him, he decided to take only the three who were in the habit of accompanying him on such special vigils. Accordingly, only Peter, James, and John shared even a part of this unique experience with the Master.

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1410#U158_0_0

Photo: Bezz Sarmast, Mount Hermon

mount.jpg

Aimiel

The Urantia Book is only a few years old, has been revised and will be revised again. The Bible is accurate, has NOT been revised and The Bible shows the age of the earth is 6,111 years.

The "first day" of Creation starts on a 364 Day Hebrew Calendar
Sunday October 13, 4115 BC at 6:00 PM According to Genesis 1:1-5.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Urantia Book is only a few years old, has been revised and will be revised again. The Bible is accurate, has NOT been revised and The Bible shows the age of the earth is 6,111 years.

The "first day" of Creation starts on a 364 Day Hebrew Calendar
Sunday October 13, 4115 BC at 6:00 PM According to Genesis 1:1-5.

Question Aimiel, who is quoting God in Gen1:1-5? Because supposedly Adam had not even been created yet, according to the author of Genesis, which could be no later then 900 BC because the Hebrew language had not even been invented until then, some 1000 years after Moses lived.

Who is quoting God?

And God said, “Let there be light”.....etc?

Caino

Aimiel

The Spirit of The Lord revealed The Words of The Bible to the authors. It is God Who is doing the speaking, men wrote as they were inspired. The Word is True. The Urantia Book is a lie.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Spirit of The Lord revealed The Words of The Bible to the authors. It is God Who is doing the speaking, men wrote as they were inspired. The Word is True. The Urantia Book is a lie.

Predictably you couldn't answer the question becuase Genesis was written or rewritten by a group of Hebrew priest. Their audience was the scattered Israelites who had lost their nation and were once again in captivity. They did not claim to be writing the word of God when they converted ordinary secular history into miraculous history.

Nowhere, not one book, paragraph nor fraise in the Bible says that God wrote it. That idolatrous idea was concocted by the priest class to maintain control over ignorant people. It works!

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
translations......

translations......

The Urantia Book is only a few years old, has been revised and will be revised again.

The Papers are than a few years as they were being received in the 1930's and officially published in the public domain in the 50's. What was given has been given and will remain so, as the revelators gave it, there is no reason to 'revise' anything except what might be needed for further clarification, as succeeding publications did undergo some revising -

Text alterations from the first 1955 publication
Corrections and changes
Computer analysis

(changes were mainly syntax, spelling, typographical issues, formatting, etc. The cosmological/theological integrity and foundation of the Revelation as a whole remains intact.)

The Bible is accurate, has NOT been revised and The Bible shows the age of the earth is 6,111 years.

The Bible has been 'revised' many times according to the needs of the people, - ommissions, interpolations, text variations exist. - not to mention the many 'versions' of the Bible out there, so many 'translations'. - ontop of that all the possible 'interpretations' and 'denominations' that exist....all using the Bible as their text book. To say the Bible has not been 'revised' is be oblivious to the canonization process and its 'selective inclusions'.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE MOUNT OF TRANSFIGURATION

158:0.1 IT WAS NEAR sundown on Friday afternoon, August 12, A.D. 29, when Jesus and his associates reached the foot of Mount Hermon, near the very place where the lad Tiglath once waited while the Master ascended the mountain alone to settle the spiritual destinies of Urantia and technically to terminate the Lucifer rebellion. And here they sojourned for two days in spiritual preparation for the events so soon to follow.

158:0.2 In a general way, Jesus knew beforehand what was to transpire on the mountain, and he much desired that all his apostles might share this experience. It was to fit them for this revelation of himself that he tarried with them at the foot of the mountain. But they could not attain those spiritual levels which would justify their exposure to the full experience of the visitation of the celestial beings so soon to appear on earth. And since he could not take all of his associates with him, he decided to take only the three who were in the habit of accompanying him on such special vigils. Accordingly, only Peter, James, and John shared even a part of this unique experience with the Master.

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1410#U158_0_0

Photo: Bezz Sarmast, Mount Hermon

mount.jpg

Bezz Sarmast is an Iranian American, he was on the Discovery channel searching for Atlantis.

C

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Universal Father......

The Universal Father......

The Spirit of the Lord is available to all who are open to receive from that universal Spirit. The Urantia Book or any other inspired writings from our planets religious traditions to modern day transmissions may be more or less inspired, as hearts and minds are open to receive such inspiration.

pj

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
UA seems to miss the even more enlightened concept of "three personalities in one" as the ultimate example of Love.

Has UA missed the fact that God most supreme attribute is love?

tWINs

The UB seems to be an amalgam of ideas mainly from Christianity (and does incorporate specific trinitarian concepts so I think you are wrong about that), other religions and science (as science stood in the 1930s). My guess is that because it contains not all that much that is fundamentally new and tends to plagiarise the works of others, that it is seen as largely innocuous and has never gained a really large following. In my view, the authors played the odds, trying to please as many as possible or at least to offend as few as possible. A lot of its contents make good sense (as it is plagiarised or borrowed from other well established religions and scientific works) and hardly any of it is pure invention. It can be inspiring if you want to avoid stress or contention and perhaps its overall harmony can be therapeutic. But in my view, paradoxically, the authors' success in this aim accounts for the book's lack of popularity - it says a lot but it doesn't say much at all.

However, for those who want to remain uncommitted to any real religion or faith and yet who want the feel of faith, the UB may be the answer. It allows them to feel they are doing some good because of the existence of some super and loving being.

I might perhaps though feel I am being unjustifiably aggressive towards the book if I say that I find it cheapens Christianity because it removes the fundamental and controversial aspects of deity and the person of Christ and in that sense is deceptive. What you get is not Christianity at all and probably not Buddhism at all and it isn't science at all. All the real and hence controversial parts of the sources it has borrowed from have been removed, which does rather take away the potential of it having much clout. Jesus was controversial, the truth is controversial. The UB is not.

But then I guess that's free speech for you!

Aimiel

The Spirit of the Lord is available to all who are open to receive from that universal Spirit. The Urantia Book or any other inspired writings from our planets religious traditions to modern day transmissions may be more or less inspired, as hearts and minds are open to receive such inspiration.
Although He is King of The Universe, He is NOT the universal father. He is The Creator, but that doesn't make Him responsible for everyone's sin. He only imputes His Righteousness upon those who believe in Him. You believe in false gods. Your definition of Jesus isn't Christ... it is Jebus, the impostor god. You have a 'form' of Godliness but deny His Power. It is His Power, Alone, to forgive sin. Without His Blood, there is no forgiveness.

Aimiel

The Bible has been 'revised' many times according to the needs of the people...
Hogwash. It was proven perfectly accurate by the findings in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Every word, every single letter was perfectly accurate. The Bible stands the test of time. A lying Urantia Book does not.

Were we to take God's Word seriously, the author of The Urantia Book would be put to death for practicing witchcraft, as would yourself.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The UB seems to be an amalgam of ideas mainly from Christianity (and does incorporate specific trinitarian concepts so I think you are wrong about that), other religions and science (as science stood in the 1930s). My guess is that because it contains not all that much that is fundamentally new and tends to plagiarise the works of others, that it is seen as largely innocuous and has never gained a really large following. In my view, the authors played the odds, trying to please as many as possible or at least to offend as few as possible. A lot of its contents make good sense (as it is plagiarised or borrowed from other well established religions and scientific works) and hardly any of it is pure invention. It can be inspiring if you want to avoid stress or contention and perhaps its overall harmony can be therapeutic. But in my view, paradoxically, the authors' success in this aim accounts for the book's lack of popularity - it says a lot but it doesn't say much at all.

However, for those who want to remain uncommitted to any real religion or faith and yet who want the feel of faith, the UB may be the answer. It allows them to feel they are doing some good because of the existence of some super and loving being.

I might perhaps though feel I am being unjustifiably aggressive towards the book if I say that I find it cheapens Christianity because it removes the fundamental and controversial aspects of deity and the person of Christ and in that sense is deceptive. What you get is not Christianity at all and probably not Buddhism at all and it isn't science at all. All the real and hence controversial parts of the sources it has borrowed from have been removed, which does rather take away the potential of it having much clout. Jesus was controversial, the truth is controversial. The UB is not.

I'm curious if you have read the UB? Your post indicates that you either haven't read it or missed many parts of it? There have also been a number of scientific discoveries since the UB was written that validate the bold claims of the revelators.

Anyway, Christianity is itself a different gospel then what Jesus taught and has reached it's apex of popularity and is now in serious decline around the world.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Papers are than a few years as they were being received in the 1930's and officially published in the public domain in the 50's. What was given has been given and will remain so, as the revelators gave it, there is no reason to 'revise' anything except what might be needed for further clarification, as succeeding publications did undergo some revising -

Text alterations from the first 1955 publication
Corrections and changes
Computer analysis

(changes were mainly syntax, spelling, typographical issues, formatting, etc. The cosmological/theological integrity and foundation of the Revelation as a whole remains intact.)

The Bible has been 'revised' many times according to the needs of the people, - ommissions, interpolations, text variations exist. - not to mention the many 'versions' of the Bible out there, so many 'translations'. - ontop of that all the possible 'interpretations' and 'denominations' that exist....all using the Bible as their text book. To say the Bible has not been 'revised' is be oblivious to the canonization process and its 'selective inclusions'.

pj

Aimiel is a dishonest person, the UB hasn't been revised. There were a few single word corrections based on spelling etc but no revisions. The nickel plates were done in a time when all plates were set by hand. After the original printings the plates were destroyed. The OT books of the Bible were completely redone during the captivity but Bible worshippers are to proud to admit that.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
personal research.....

personal research.....

Have you read any significant part of the Urantia Papers to make an honest analysis of it?

I recommend the first 12 papers for its foundational cosmology, then you can move onto parts that interest you...expanding on its theology, soteriology, evolutional philosophy and finality of destiny concerning souls in their eternal progression. Part 4 is specifically the ministry of Jesus as it fits into the cosmology. An understanding of the foundation, cosmological context, terms and meanings is essential to comprehend the Revelation as a whole. Our 2 UB threads are provided to enlighten those interested in such. Ample is given in commentary, resource and research material.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The OT books of the Bible were completely redone during the captivity but Bible worshippers are to proud to admit that.

Yes, and the NT books have had their share of 'reformatting' in the canonization process, not to mention some books being 'pseudographical' with ommissions, interpolations and an uncertainty if some words were even spoken by Jesus(or other apostles) or might be atributed by tradition or heresay, plus there being other non-canonical/apocryphal works that may or may not contain Jesus or his disciples actual teachings . To assume that the 'Bible' is wholly inerrant is rather presumptuous, since coming thru the hand of man, some distortions are inevitable however contrived or accidental.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
truth is truth.............

truth is truth.............

The Bible stands the test of time. A lying Urantia Book does not.

This is more than a matter of which book is better or more accurate. Truth is truth, no matter what venue, language or religious clothing it wears. We look to the eternal germ, value or meaning within the teaching, its principle. - this is essential.

132:3.2 Truth cannot be defined with words, only by living. Truth is always more than knowledge. Knowledge pertains to things observed, but truth transcends such purely material levels in that it consorts with wisdom and embraces such imponderables as human experience, even spiritual and living realities. Knowledge originates in science; wisdom, in true philosophy; truth, in the religious experience of spiritual living.

Urantia Book Fellowship

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.