The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charity

Do you believe that the stories of what Saul did were placed in The Holy Bible so that we might follow his example, and use witchcraft, rather than obey The Lord? :duh:

Amiel, before anything, there is an ergiant need to gather all thoughts an perceptions together an observe what it is you are believing about a witches god given authority to preform super Natural deeds, whither she be obeying or disobeying, It is not revealed or mentioned in the end...
Many are obserd by written observation that failed to write on flowing threw to the comprehension of a wise work sheet for intellectual judgment...

Lost Comet

The darkness of the Urantia papers, and the other garbage that you espouse is far from amazing... only the depths of your foolishness are what amaze me. You'd think that if you were to read enough of it you'd see what trash it truly is, and run to the Truth; but you're only more and more deceived. :nono:
What do you fear, Aimiel? The strangeness of its teachings?
The soundness of philosophic conclusions depends on keen, honest, and discriminating thinking in connection with sensitivity to meanings and accuracy of evaluation. Moral cowards never achieve high planes of philosophic thinking; it requires courage to invade new levels of experience and to attempt the exploration of unknown realms of intellectual living.
Does this sound like foolishness to you? If you fear that Satan will tell you a thousand truths in order to sell you a single lie, what have you to fear from those truths if your trust the Spirit of Truth will reveal the lie?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
When the Son of God returns, it will be when the world can perceive him in truth, in love. Not in dogma, tradition, ritual, authority or narrow minded intolerance.

Caino

Aimiel

What do you fear, Aimiel?
God. I certainly fear no man, or devil. I'm warning against the anti-Christ teachings found in a demonic doctrine, pawned off as Truth, by those who've bought into the lies that are called: Urantia.
The strangeness of its teachings?
It goes beyond strange, it is demonic doctrine, which is very subtle, and even 'looks' like Truth.
Does this sound like foolishness to you?
Of course it's foolish to trust the words of a demon. :duh:
If you fear that Satan will tell you a thousand truths in order to sell you a single lie, what have you to fear from those truths if your trust the Spirit of Truth will reveal the lie?
I don't have anything to fear, but want those who think that the Urantia papers just 'might' be from God to realize that there is NO WAY that they are. They're from hell.

Aimiel

When the Son of God returns, it will be when the world can perceive him in truth, in love. Not in dogma, tradition, ritual, authority or narrow minded intolerance.
Perceiving The Son of God as anything other than what is revealed in The Holy Scriptures is making an idol and bowing down to it. :duh:

Lost Comet

God. I certainly fear no man, or devil.
I'm warning against the anti-Christ teachings found in a demonic doctrine, pawned off as Truth, by those who've bought into the lies that are called: Urantia.
So, you fear the One who is love?
It goes beyond strange, it is demonic doctrine, which is very subtle, and even 'looks' like Truth. Of course it's foolish to trust the words of a demon. :duh:
Can you please tell us where that small excerpt is false or misleading?
I don't have anything to fear, but want those who think that the Urantia papers just 'might' be from God to realize that there is NO WAY that they are. They're from hell.
Well, if you you have nothing to fear, I don't either.

Is God love?
Is God just?
Is God merciful?
Is God understanding?

I believe God is all these things and more.

Will God deal harshly with me if my motives are sincere? I don't think so.

Aimiel

So, you fear the One who is love?
Of course. Those who come to Him, find Him by their reverent treatment of Him and His Word. That reverence begins in fear.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

When one comes to The Lord, they discover that He doesn't have ANYTHING evil in His Hand to give to them, and they come to love Him and learn more about Him. The more they learn about Him, and the closer they become to Him, the more they realize how powerful He is, and how fearful. He is The Judge of The Universe. He holds life and death in His Hands.
Can you please tell us where that small excerpt is false or misleading?
The entire works of the Urantia papers are false and misleading, never having come from The Lord. They come from disobedient lying spirits, and not from God. Mixing a small amount of truth into the works, and pretending that the whole thing is truth, demonic doctrine tries to belittle Scripture and twist Truth into lies.
Well, if you you have nothing to fear, I don't either.
That's simply not true. Without The Blood, there is no remission for sins.
Is God love?
Is God just?
Is God merciful?
Is God understanding?

I believe God is all these things and more.
Demons also believe, and tremble; but their disobedience will be punished in hell, just as anyone else's will.
Will God deal harshly with me if my motives are sincere? I don't think so.
Your thoughts on the matter are irrelevant to what is true. God deals with every rebellious child the same. Rebellion is just like witchcraft. It will be dealt with harshly, no matter what the 'motives' might be.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lucifer, Satan from a UB perspective

Lucifer, Satan from a UB perspective

~*~*~

The UB perspective on Lucifer and Satan is insightful in the greater cosmological context of things -

The Lucifer Rebellion

For traditional christians, an acquaintance of the UB in general on how it follows and differs from traditional Christian theology is helpful, to understand background and cosmology. - the psychological/philosophical aspects of the 'luciferian mind' however are well elaborated.

For those really interested, ample here on TOL on the UB has been afforded.

Charter thread -

Intro. to the Urantia Papers

pj

Lost Comet

FL, I find it helpful to think of spiritual influences described in the UB as interpenetrating fields rather than beings in the anthropomorphic sense.

Lost Comet

Of course. Those who come to Him, find Him by their reverent treatment of Him and His Word. That reverence begins in fear.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

When one comes to The Lord, they discover that He doesn't have ANYTHING evil in His Hand to give to them, and they come to love Him and learn more about Him. The more they learn about Him, and the closer they become to Him, the more they realize how powerful He is, and how fearful. He is The Judge of The Universe. He holds life and death in His Hands.
You do know, don't you, that the word "fear" means "awe"?

The entire works of the Urantia papers are false and misleading, never having come from The Lord. They come from disobedient lying spirits, and not from God. Mixing a small amount of truth into the works, and pretending that the whole thing is truth, demonic doctrine tries to belittle Scripture and twist Truth into lies. That's simply not true. Without The Blood, there is no remission for sins.Demons also believe, and tremble; but their disobedience will be punished in hell, just as anyone else's will.Your thoughts on the matter are irrelevant to what is true. God deals with every rebellious child the same. Rebellion is just like witchcraft. It will be dealt with harshly, no matter what the 'motives' might be.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
You didn't answer my question, Aimiel. How is the excerpt false or misleading?

Let's look at what you have said:

You fear love
You hate justice
You hate mercy
You do not trust in the Spirit of Truth
You do not believe the Bible where is says, "The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."
You love a god prone to capriciousness
If I wanted hell, I would go to your heaven.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
To call the scriptures Gods Word is idolatry. The Jews rewrote the OT but left contradictions in place, all of which contribute to a distorted historic world view and convoluted theology.

Caino

Aimiel

You do know, don't you, that the word "fear" means "awe"?

Let's look at what you have said:

You fear love
You hate justice
You hate mercy
You do not trust in the Spirit of Truth
You do not believe the Bible where is says, "The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."
You love a god prone to capriciousness
If I wanted hell, I would go to your heaven.
You'd be in awe of The One Who is Love, personified; instead of being so fearful of His Word that you cling to the words of a demon, over his.

Your mis-characterization of my beliefs notwithstanding, your own tricks seem to have tricked yourself.

Aimiel

To call the scriptures Gods Word is idolatry. The Jews rewrote the OT but left contradictions in place, all of which contribute to a distorted historic world view and convoluted theology.
The Jews faithfully recorded every single word which God wanted written in His Holy Bible. Not believing His Word is blasphemy.

Aimiel

You (acknowledge) the force of other worlds? realms, Do you believe you can ever shut them up?
Abrahams bossom...etc
I believe that even the very gates of hell cannot stand against those who know their authority in Christ.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. -- Matthew 16:18

Aimiel

You havent a clue of what you criticize, let alone comparing the Papers to your outdated OT references and definitions of 'witchcraft', commonly paraded by fundies against any other revelations outside the bible.
The Word of God cannot be outdated.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

I have more than a clue of what I'm criticizing. The Urantia papers are demonic doctrine, which defies Scripture and contradicts the very core of The Everlasting Gospel. You're the one who doesn't have a single clue. :duh:
With little research or knowledge of the Papers themselves (how they came about and that it was not thru a method of what is commonly known as 'channelling' today), beyond your presumptuous, biased and misinformed opinions...your usual attributing things to 'demons' are the typical drill.
What's true then is still true today. Demons don't have a voice in this earth, unless they speak through men. Listening to men who are channeling demons is sheer madness.
You have nothing to offer here but the same old accusations and judgments.
Yes, which will always ring true, as long as you cling to your demons and false gods.
- doesnt leave much room for dialogue. You dont notice that about yourself? same old grind... nothing new...
I'm not looking for dialog with demons. I'm smarter than that. I let The Word of God take care of all the smaller enemies which come against me.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
People are tempted to make rocks, trees, golden calves and the writings of men into "Gods" because its easier then living faith in God.

The Jews, just like all other religions, wrote their opinion of God as they viewed him.

Caino

Aimiel

The Jews, just like all other religions, wrote their opinion of God as they viewed him.
They wrote EXACTLY what He instructed them. Proof of their accuracy can be found in the simple fact that it is the MOST authoritative record of history in antiquity. Not one historical fact stated in It has EVER been refuted. The book, "Testimony of the Evangelists," by Dr. Simon Greenleaf, makes quite plain exactly how reliable the gospels are. He was a Harvard University law professor and an expert on judiciary evidence, who set out to disprove The Scriptures, using only the testimonies of the four gospels, found that God's Word is Truth, and became Christian, just by examining the evidence. There's a short excerpt FOUND HERE, and the book can be bought for a small price, HERE.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
higher learning......

higher learning......

FL, I find it helpful to think of spiritual influences described in the UB as interpenetrating fields rather than beings in the anthropomorphic sense.

Yes,...the UB presents a kind of cosmic-mythos with each 'personality' playing their part thru 'relationships'. Hence the psychological profile of each entity is interesting whether in 'rebellion' or uniting with the will of God,...which is the crux of the universe platform,...the will of God playing itself out within the versatilities and liberties of 'free will' (context of 'choice' and all potentials unfolding themselves). The 'story' is just a vehicle of communication. (allegory, analogy, metaphor, archetypes, etc.)

Where the Bible is quite lacking and inadequate a record as far as Lucifer is concerned(and in many other areas), the UB gives an expanded overview of the relationships behind universal forces, their motive, intent and eventual outcomes. Anyone constantly discounting the Papers as being from 'demons' is ignorant, as such is only a biased opinion based on one's preconceived dogma and exclusive belief system ( a 'mentality' bound by such narrow viewpoint assuming it knows all).

Intelligent discussion of what is represented in the Papers bears a greater dignity and utility then listening to one without knowledge, which is basically the purpose of these threads. Its like being on a campus of higher learning and being distracted by chattering preschool children walking along the sidewalk in front of the Academy. Mind you those children have to grow up, let alone qualify themselves to enter into the Academy.

pj

Lost Comet

Heavens! I'm beginning to think Aimiel is for real!

Anyway, how we understand is just as important as what we understand. We can understand spiritual beings as localized fields of influence -- a hierarchy of fields within fields, as it were. Doing so characterizes the nature of reality as having more to do with relationships than with persons, things or ideas. It is the "harmony of the spheres," the relationship between them, that constitute Aristotle's four causes; human beings are the effect.

This is my sprinkles on the icing. :yoshi:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
pop tarts.............

pop tarts.............

Heavens! I'm beginning to think Aimiel is for real!

Anyway, how we understand is just as important as what we understand. We can understand spiritual beings as localized fields of influence -- a hierarchy of fields within fields, as it were. Doing so characterizes the nature of reality as having more to do with relationships than with persons, things or ideas. It is the "harmony of the spheres," the relationship between them, that constitute Aristotle's four causes; human beings are the effect.

Sure,....yet how the subtelty of 'personality' weaves into the fields of souls is all the more complex :)

42:12.2 Mind is always creative. The mind endowment of an individual animal, mortal, morontian, spirit ascender, or finality attainer is always competent to produce a suitable and serviceable body for the living creature identity. But the presence phenomenon of a personality or the pattern of an identity, as such, is not a manifestation of energy, either physical, mindal, or spiritual. The personality form is the pattern aspect of a living being; it connotes the arrangement of energies, and this, plus life and motion, is the mechanism of creature existence.

This is my sprinkles on the icing. :yoshi:

Easy on the sugar ;)

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.