The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
THE URANTIA PROBLEM

75:1.1 "The Adamic mission on experimental, rebellion-seared, and isolated Urantia was a formidable undertaking. And the Material Son and Daughter early became aware of the difficulty and complexity of their planetary assignment. Nevertheless, they courageously set about the task of solving their manifold problems. But when they addressed themselves to the all-important work of eliminating the defectives and degenerates from among the human strains, they were quite dismayed. They could see no way out of the dilemma, and they could not take counsel with their superiors on either Jerusem or Edentia. Here they were, isolated and day by day confronted with some new and complicated tangle, some problem that seemed to be unsolvable.

75:1.2 Under normal conditions the first work of a Planetary Adam and Eve would be the co-ordination and blending of the races. But on Urantia such a project seemed just about hopeless, for the races, while biologically fit, had never been purged of their retarded and defective strains.

75:1.3 Adam and Eve found themselves on a sphere wholly unprepared for the proclamation of the brotherhood of man, a world groping about in abject spiritual darkness and cursed with confusion worse confounded by the miscarriage of the mission of the preceding administration. Mind and morals were at a low level, and instead of beginning the task of effecting religious unity, they must begin all anew the work of converting the inhabitants to the most simple forms of religious belief. Instead of finding one language ready for adoption, they were confronted by the world-wide confusion of hundreds upon hundreds of local dialects. No Adam of the planetary service was ever set down on a more difficult world; the obstacles seemed insuperable and the problems beyond creature solution.

75:1.4 They were isolated, and the tremendous sense of loneliness which bore down upon them was all the more heightened by the early departure of the Melchizedek receivers. Only indirectly, by means of the angelic orders, could they communicate with any being off the planet. Slowly their courage weakened, their spirits drooped, and sometimes their faith almost faltered.

75:1.5 And this is the true picture of the consternation of these two noble souls as they pondered the tasks which confronted them. They were both keenly aware of the enormous undertaking involved in the execution of their planetary assignment.

75:1.6 Probably no Material Sons of Nebadon were ever faced with such a difficult and seemingly hopeless task as confronted Adam and Eve in the sorry plight of Urantia. But they would have sometime met with success had they been more farseeing and patient. Both of them, especially Eve, were altogether too impatient; they were not willing to settle down to the long, long endurance test. They wanted to see some immediate results, and they did, but the results thus secured proved most disastrous both to themselves and to their world." UB 1955

GARBAGE. It has a tremendous stench.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
GARBAGE. It has a tremendous stench.

"So many times did the priests, after preparing their fictitious narratives of God's miraculous dealings with Israel, fail fully to delete the plain and matter-of-fact statements which already rested in the records.

97:9.10 David sought to build himself up politically by first marrying Saul's daughter, then the widow of Nabal the rich Edomite, and then the daughter of Talmai, the king of Geshur. He took six wives from the women of Jebus, not to mention Bathsheba, the wife of the Hittite.

97:9.11 And it was by such methods and out of such people that David built up the fiction of a divine kingdom of Judah as the successor of the heritage and traditions of the vanishing northern kingdom of Ephraimite Israel. David's cosmopolitan tribe of Judah was more gentile than Jewish; nevertheless the oppressed elders of Ephraim came down and "anointed him king of Israel." After a military threat, David then made a compact with the Jebusites and established his capital of the united kingdom at Jebus ( Jerusalem ), which was a strong-walled city midway between Judah and Israel. The Philistines were aroused and soon attacked David. After a fierce battle they were defeated, and once more Yahweh was established as "The Lord God of Hosts."

97:9.12 But Yahweh must, perforce, share some of this glory with the Canaanite gods, for the bulk of David's army was non-Hebrew. And so there appears in your record (overlooked by the Judahite editors) this telltale statement: "Yahweh has broken my enemies before me. Therefore he called the name of the place Baal-Perazim." And they did this because eighty per cent of David's soldiers were Baalites.

97:9.13 David explained Saul's defeat at Gilboa by pointing out that Saul had attacked a Canaanite city, Gibeon, whose people had a peace treaty with the Ephraimites. Because of this, Yahweh forsook him. Even in Saul's time David had defended the Canaanite city of Keilah against the Philistines, and then he located his capital in a Canaanite city. In keeping with the policy of compromise with the Canaanites, David turned seven of Saul's descendants over to the Gibeonites to be hanged.

97:9.14 After the defeat of the Philistines, David gained possession of the "ark of Yahweh," brought it to Jerusalem, and made the worship of Yahweh official for his kingdom. He next laid heavy tribute on the neighboring tribes—the Edomites, Moabites, Ammonites, and Syrians.

97:9.15 David's corrupt political machine began to get personal possession of land in the north in violation of the Hebrew mores and presently gained control of the caravan tariffs formerly collected by the Philistines. And then came a series of atrocities climaxed by the murder of Uriah. All judicial appeals were adjudicated at Jerusalem; no longer could "the elders" mete out justice. No wonder rebellion broke out. Today, Absalom might be called a demagogue; his mother was a Canaanite. There were a half dozen contenders for the throne besides the son of Bathsheba—Solomon." UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
2 Samuel 5:20

So David went to Baal Perazim, and there he defeated them. He said, “As waters break out, the Lord has broken out against my enemies before me.” So that place was called Baal Perazim.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, Caino, I'm glad to see the Mods have "caged" you up into one single Urantia universe. Now we don't have to put up with you anywhere else on this forum. :rotfl:

Choleric

According to Jesus we are forgiven by faith.

Correct. But it is faith in something particular, not something in general. Faith in the wrong thing will land you in hell.
There is no place called hell nor an evil God who tortures his finite children for an eternity. That's an invention of the priesthood.

this is mere deception. Jesus Himself preached on hell more than anyone else. HOW can you claim to believe in Jesus when you throw out half of His teachings?

True, we are divided between the original gospel which I stand for and the contaminated gospel of human sacrifice.

the blood of JEsus cleanseth theef from all sins. IF you discount the blood , you are lost. you are rewriting the whole bible to believe this.

Jesus and his apostles didn't spend 3+ years going around Israel teaching Christ and him crucified. Pauls gospel overwhelmed the original gospel.

Correct, it was mostly Jesus who preached that message. The disciples didn't want to believe it:

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Mat 20:18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
Mat 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

I'm already saved an I know it.

Not if you dismiss the blood of the covenant. You have to have a ton of white out in your bible to believe what you do.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hey, Caino, I'm glad to see the Mods have "caged" you up into one single Urantia universe. Now we don't have to put up with you anywhere else on this forum. :rotfl:

You cant be that glad, you come to this thread on your own.:rotfl: The truth of my arguments were disturbing the people. That's why they went after Jesus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Correct. But it is faith in something particular, not something in general. Faith in the wrong thing will land you in hell.

this is mere deception. Jesus Himself preached on hell more than anyone else. HOW can you claim to believe in Jesus when you throw out half of His teachings?

the blood of JEsus cleanseth theef from all sins. IF you discount the blood , you are lost. you are rewriting the whole bible to believe this.

Correct, it was mostly Jesus who preached that message. The disciples didn't want to believe it:

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Mat 20:18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
Mat 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Not if you dismiss the blood of the covenant. You have to have a ton of white out in your bible to believe what you do.

Hell is fiction created by people who have nothing more compelling to teach other than threats of punishment.

Jesus didn't actually teach about Hell. Those who wrote about him later got some stuff wrong. Also the gospels were added to and edited by people after they were written.

Jesus' gospel focused on repentance and faith, the Christian religion relies on killing Jesus. You actually support and need him scourged and rejected as the central focus of theoretical salvation.

journey

You cant be that glad, you come to this thread on your own.:rotfl: The truth of my arguments were disturbing the people. That's why they went after Jesus.

Don't flatter yourself. We come here to warn others about your false gospel. You don't even accept and believe the words of Jesus Christ (see post 9045). The beliefs of the urantia UFO cult are garbage and heresy.

journey

Hell is fiction created by people who have nothing more compelling to teach other than threats of punishment.

Jesus didn't actually teach about Hell. Those who wrote about him later got some stuff wrong. Also the gospels were added to and edited by people after they were written.

Jesus' gospel focused on repentance and faith, the Christian religion relies on killing Jesus. You actually support and need him scourged and rejected as the central focus of theoretical salvation.

You and Freelight are sad cases and lost. I will pray for you.

Choleric

Jesus taught about it. You just seem to not like it so you dismiss it based on your own surmisings.

You just made that up. GOD gave you a book. The same God who spoke the world into existence and hangs the earth upon nothing is perfectly capable of keeping His Book pure from corruption, which He has done. You just seem to think God isn't capable.

Repentance from dead works and faith toward Christ. it is faith in HIS finished work, not in our own work. HIs blood cleanseth us from all sin. The theme of blood runs from one end of the bible to the other. You are kidding yourself into thinking an angel (so called alien) has some revelation that stands diametrically opposed to God's revelation.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught about it. You just seem to not like it so you dismiss it based on your own surmisings.

You just made that up. GOD gave you a book. The same God who spoke the world into existence and hangs the earth upon nothing is perfectly capable of keeping His Book pure from corruption, which He has done. You just seem to think God isn't capable.

Repentance from dead works and faith toward Christ. it is faith in HIS finished work, not in our own work. HIs blood cleanseth us from all sin. The theme of blood runs from one end of the bible to the other. You are kidding yourself into thinking an angel (so called alien) has some revelation that stands diametrically opposed to God's revelation.

Its a strange world if you think demons and Satan are more powerful than God. Everything you say about my beliefs the Jews said about Jesus and about you. AS it turns out God is friendly and loving.

Lets agree to disagree, my beliefs will only annoy you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Discussion.......

Discussion.......

Its a strange world if you think demons and Satan are more powerful than God. Everything you say about my beliefs the Jews said about Jesus and about you. AS it turns out God is friendly and loving.

Lets agree to disagree, my beliefs will only annoy you.

I just got "removed" (banned/blocked) from engaging on the 'Satan Inc. (TOLs heretics) discussion thread. Looks like they couldnt tolerate my corrections, liberal apologetics or commentary challenging their misconceptions and belief-system so would rather censor me from a discussion. I only take a mild offense at such a move, since it looks a particular moderator in cahoots with a few other heretic-hunters are behind it, but the puppet show must go on....politics, polemics and all. So goes the orthodox mindset that must employ all means to defend its creed at any expense.

Unfortunately this mostly revolves around discussion on the UB, while my other engagements on other religious traditions and subjects are unbothered, it just so happens the UB gets a particular rise to some, because of the false association of it as a UFO religion and other misgivings, when it has nothing to do with such. I've already corrected this fallacy numerous times.

My thoughts on further discussion would be Jesus discourse on reality which would realy open the door philosophically and touch on the cosmology revealed in the papers...as it would cover universals and particulars. I also noted earlier the papers full affirmation of the divinity of Jesus, giving access to info. on his heavenly or divine status as Michael of Nebadon, but the background of such must be understood, plus the mystery of how Creator Sons incarnate on their various 'bestowal missions'.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I just got "removed" (banned/blocked) from engaging on the 'Satan Inc. (TOLs heretics) discussion thread. Looks like they couldnt tolerate my corrections, liberal apologetics or commentary challenging their misconceptions and belief-system so would rather censor me from a discussion. I only take a mild offense at such a move, since it looks a particular moderator in cahoots with a few other heretic-hunters are behind it, but the puppet show must go on....politics, polemics and all. So goes the orthodox mindset that must employ all means to defend its creed at any expense.

Unfortunately this mostly revolves around discussion on the UB, while my other engagements on other religious traditions and subjects are unbothered, it just so happens the UB gets a particular rise to some, because of the false association of it as a UFO religion and other misgivings, when it has nothing to do with such. I've already corrected this fallacy numerous times.

My thoughts on further discussion would be Jesus discourse on reality which would realy open the door philosophically and touch on the cosmology revealed in the papers...as it would cover universals and particulars. I also noted earlier the papers full affirmation of the divinity of Jesus, giving access to info. on his heavenly or divine status as Michael of Nebadon, but the background of such must be understood, plus the mystery of how Creator Sons incarnate on their various 'bestowal missions'.

I'm glad to see you are confined to this thread, FL. You and Caino need to be in the same cage. I'll be seeing you. Oh wait, you can't go beyond this thread!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I'm glad to see you are confined to this thread, FL. You and Caino need to be in the same cage. I'll be seeing you. Oh wait, you can't go beyond this thread!

I've only been banned from that particular thread. I can freely post elsewhere. If I was confined to only one thread that would be an outrageous form of censorship which reflects the politics, bias and bigotry of the board, but if that kind of discrimination were to be the case, my support and membership here would be reconsidered. I could just as well continue on in other threads of interest, including my own threads and create new ones on other subjects...and life goes on.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"And so the end of Judah came suddenly. The city was destroyed, and the people were carried away into Babylon. The Yahweh-Baal struggle ended with the captivity. And the captivity shocked the remnant of Israel into monotheism.

97:9.27 In Babylon the Jews arrived at the conclusion that they could not exist as a small group in Palestine, having their own peculiar social and economic customs, and that, if their ideologies were to prevail, they must convert the gentiles. Thus originated their new concept of destiny—the idea that the Jews must become the chosen servants of Yahweh. The Jewish religion of the Old Testament really evolved in Babylon during the captivity." UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Caino View Post

There was the religion of Jesus that he lived and preached, then there is a religion about Jesus that developed after he left lead mainly by a former persecutor of Christians who had a conversion experience. A man who didn't have the opportunity to sit at Jesus' feet and learn about the original gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven.

How do you plan to get into the kingdom of heaven, as he was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

The Kingdom is now, I'm already in it.

And Jesus came for all people not just the Jews who rejected him.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

But your confusion is understandable, there are so many conflicting things in the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.