The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
See here (all linked). Blood atonement belief and concept already covered. No need to re-invent the wheel, and go in more circles.

Remember, 'blood' is symbolic.

You can have faith in any thing or substance, but the only faith that avails is that placed in 'God' alone, as you would agree. Exalting the blood of a man as something magical or divine in power, can distract one from a more original and universal power, that of God (Spirit) alone. Only that Spirit is Life. We can assume 'blood' is a symbol for the life-plasm of the Spirit, as it gives life to flesh, but this is allegorical.

Faith can be placed in things or substances, but these are secondary or mere accessories in one's religious culture, practice or mythology. We consider metaphors, archetypes, shadows, allegory and the like. Such is the play of language. Such personal affections or assumptions have their place, but when exalted to the status of absolute truth, these becomes 'idols' more or less. They are only relative terms and meanings within the Greater Whole.

pj

How's that "Saucer" of yours working out for ya?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Caino, you and Freelight aren't, "Messengers of Truth!" You're just
a couple of "Cosmic Nutso's!!!" I might add; dopey, ignorant, immature,
ridiculous, easily manipulated, silly, and not extremely intelligent!

I see you have no Christian love in you.

No kindness , only condemnation.

Name calling is against the rules of this board.

LA

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The "fictional" UB can hardly be compared to the "Word of God?" Your
UB Entities spoke through a sleeping human conduit while some
ignorant "secretary" wrote down every "STUPID" thing the 'supposed'
Cosmic Characters spoke! That's the history of your "DOPEY" beliefs!

Anyone can Google those facts on the Internet? What a "DOPE" that
secretary must have been? An IQ the size of her shoe? Probably got
below minimum wages with NO benefits?

Emma Christensen was the adopted daughter of the Saddlers. She took dictation for the Urantia revelation. But unlike the Bible we don't have a talking donkey, unicorns, genocides blamed on God or a host of errors to defend. But that would explain your hatred and defensiveness.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Caino, you and Freelight aren't, "Messengers of Truth!" You're just
a couple of "Cosmic Nutso's!!!" I might add; dopey, ignorant, immature,
ridiculous, easily manipulated, silly, and not extremely intelligent!

As Grosnick gets more and more angry he projects his character defects onto those he can't debate.

Zeke

The mod squad strikes again, making a oxymoron out of the religious section they included on the forum yet complain about its contents, war mongering Christians with jet fighters for Jesus as their Avatar, legally named property of Babylon worshiping a paper book, more loyal to a worldly nation than Creations benevolence towards all people:vomit:.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Back to fundamentals here..............

Back to fundamentals here..............

The mod squad strikes again, making a oxymoron out of the religious section they included on the forum yet complain about its contents, war mongering Christians with jet fighters for Jesus as their Avatar, legally named property of Babylon worshiping a paper book, more loyal to a worldly nation than Creations benevolence towards all people:vomit:.

Hi zeke :)

Funny that few have even reviewed the very papers discussing subject of 'Religion' itself,...the purpose for this very forum. The UB covers this in DEPTH here.

Indeed, 'God' is Love and has expanded the revelation of truth to all peoples, all planes, all dimensions, all realms, since 'God' is by nature INFINITE.

That's a pretty awesome 'God' :)

And even in this observation,...the term 'God' includes both personal and non-personal aspects of Deity, the totality of reality, what is 'absolute' and 'relative',...since 'God' is ONE and ALL. The UB reveals 'God' as a divine Personality. The Universal Father is the father of all personalities in the cosmos, and all that is non-personal (energy-light-matter-space/time).

For those interested in actual discussion of the subject (isn't that a novelty?), which is PURPOSE of this thread, which many have seemed to 'miss',...the nature/character/personality of God is explained within the first 5 papers and beyond. Even the 1st paper alone on the Universal Father is most fundamental, which includes the supremacy of 'personality' as sourced in the Father, the progenitor of all persons, since he is the source of all that is. However, those choosing to remain ignorant of the text, cannot engage in a real discussion of the material. Willful retardation of learning does not promote progress.

~*~*~

First things first ---->

Urantia Paper 1 - The Universal Father

pj

journey

I see there is still begging to get people to read the urantia UFO cult materials. The answer will be "NO" for the vast majority of TOL members.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I see there is still begging to get people to read the urantia UFO cult materials. The answer will be "NO" for the vast majority of TOL members.

Except for those who can't think straight! Also, the types of people that are drawn to cults and Science Fiction beliefs!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If this is how you that run this thread want to respond to correction then perhaps it is time we visit shutting down Urantia discussion on TOL for good. Is that what you want?

Disrespect for TOL staff is a serious offense, but I was nice to Zeke and didn't give that one to him.

Reactions: Lon

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Still ignorant...............

Still ignorant...............

No one is begging anyone for anything (but yourself), but presenting aspects of the SUBJECT here for discussion. You need to get over yourself. If you're not interested in learning the material, in order to properly discuss/debate, you don't need to be here. You make yourself an 'unnecessary distraction', especially when your only motive it to deride, trash, demean with vulgar comments and condescending remarks.

See rules:

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

Please do not marginalize TOL threads or TOL members, the topics and threads that interest some TOL members might not interest you. Just ignore threads and TOL members that do not interest you.

pj

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knights wishes concerning this thread are the final word.
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:
Urantia theology is borderline blasphemous ranging into blasphemy. It isn't something we are going to protect--especially when you go saying the Apostle Paul adulterated his writings with paganism.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Knights wishes concerning this thread are the final word. Urantia theology is borderline blasphemous ranging into blasphemy. It isn't something we are going to protect--especially when you go saying the Apostle Paul adulterated his writings with paganism.

Jesus was accused of blasphemy, it's a false charge. Paul was a man not a God, and we never said he deliberately adulterated writings. I respect Paul as entirely sincere in his own personal theological opinions about the Christ that he never knew in the flesh, but I follow Jesus. The Gentile world learned about Jesus primarily from Paul, not Jesus. We don't claim any conspiracy whatsoever (as other Christians on this forum do towards Paul), it's just the natural evolution of religion after revelation occurs.

We didn't expect "protection" from honest debate, just even handed treatment from thread pest/trolls.

Last edited:

journey

Jesus was accused of blasphemy, it's a false charge. Paul was a man not a God, and we never said he deliberately adulterated writings. I respect Paul as entirely sincere in his own personal theological opinions about the Christ that he never knew in the flesh, but I follow Jesus. The Gentile world learned about Jesus primarily from Paul, not Jesus. We don't claim any conspiracy whatsoever (as other Christians on this forum do towards Paul), it's just the natural evolution of religion after revelation occurs.

We didn't expect "protection" from honest debate, just even handed treatment from thread pest/trolls.

Jesus Christ Himself revealed to the Apostle Paul what he would preach. It is the Gospel of the Grace of God and the only way to be saved. You are lost if you reject the writings of the Apostle Paul - simple as that. The Holy Bible is Scripture - not the urantia UFO cult materials. The vast majority of us believe that the urantia cult members are NUTS, and that includes Knight according to what he has posted here.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What is the Religion section on TOL?

Religion...Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.