The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I did take the time to read this entire thing because it was reported. Very stupid. It takes more faith to believe something like this that is does to take God at his word.

I guess I don't have that kind of faith. I have two eyes. I can take the leap to believe in something that sounds this stupid.

God is not a God of confusion. This is gobblety gook.

I fully appreciate your conclusion that this sounds strange, the most educated Jews thought Jesus was insane, demonically possessed, from Satan and even inferior simply because he was from the small town of Nazareth. Jesus' own family thought he was beside himself and tried to dissuade him from teaching. What Jesus taught was very different than the Jews way of thinking.

There are plenty of crazy false religions out in the world with false prophets etc. You may even agree yourself that there are some people on TOL that are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

We keep this thread on the Religion section, it is more or less our religion. It's for comparative discussion and may interest others. None of the trolls are forced to come on this one thread among thousands. They clearly want to make trouble, they don't want to discuss. Plenty of other TOL members kindly ignore this thread and don't waist their time posting on a thread that they really don't care for.

Grosnick Morowbe is nothing more than a troll on this thread and frankly other TOL members unrelated to this thread agree that he is a pest, they refer to him as "TOL's cry baby". He provokes replies in hopes of reporting it to the mods to get us banned. You may even agree with GM but he is what he is.

Thanks for taking the time to read the link that was reported.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

YOU Find ? Perhaps it "makes more sense" because it requires no thought, no reflection. you will obviously disagree because you "spend your time" in a book of fiction and imagination. it is akin to D & D, video games and movies. Pure Fantasy.

Your opinion is from silence, you haven't read even the Jesus story in the UB. I read both the UB and the Bible. There are many true and profound things in the books used to make the Bible, but also things that I do not believe.

I believe that a corrupt preist class that was capable of torturing and killing the Son of God was capable of writing scripture that heavily favored themselves as "Gods chosen people" as well as maybe just a little exageration about their own so called miraculous history when no other race on earth remembers being related to Noah!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You should run for office; politician speak; saying something, without actually "saying" anything.

No one ever answered my question, what if the Temple authorities and the majority of Judaism had believed Jesus' original Gospel and converted to his religion? What if they had answered their calling, been glad to finally receive the answer to Gods promise to Abraham?

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!…

journey

This is a Christian forum, so an ultimate source of TRUTH is the Holy Bible - not the fantasy urantia UFO cult garbage. The urantia garbage contradicts the Holy Bible countless ways, and it denies the Gospel of the Grace of God - the Cross and what changed at the Cross. That's all I need to know about the urantia garbage.

Aimiel

No one ever answered my question, what if the Temple authorities and the majority of Judaism had believed Jesus' original Gospel and converted to his religion? What if they had answered their calling, been glad to finally receive the answer to Gods promise to Abraham?

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!…

What if what actually happened was by God's design after all?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I fully appreciate your conclusion that this sounds strange, the most educated Jews thought Jesus was insane, demonically possessed, from Satan and even inferior simply because he was from the small town of Nazareth. Jesus' own family thought he was beside himself and tried to dissuade him from teaching. What Jesus taught was very different than the Jews way of thinking.

There are plenty of crazy false religions out in the world with false prophets etc. You may even agree yourself that there are some people on TOL that are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

We keep this thread on the Religion section, it is more or less our religion. It's for comparative discussion and may interest others. None of the trolls are forced to come on this one thread among thousands. They clearly want to make trouble, they don't want to discuss. Plenty of other TOL members kindly ignore this thread and don't waist their time posting on a thread that they really don't care for.

Grosnick Morowbe is nothing more than a troll on this thread and frankly other TOL members unrelated to this thread agree that he is a pest, they refer to him as "TOL's cry baby". He provokes replies in hopes of reporting it to the mods to get us banned. You may even agree with GM but he is what he is.

Thanks for taking the time to read the link that was reported.

It's you "Nutty" guys that are "anti-GM!" So, you don't really count!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Get over yourself......

Get over yourself......

This is a Christian forum, so an ultimate source of TRUTH is the Holy Bible - not the fantasy urantia UFO cult garbage. The urantia garbage contradicts the Holy Bible countless ways, and it denies the Gospel of the Grace of God - the Cross and what changed at the Cross. That's all I need to know about the urantia garbage.

:wave2:

There is an Exclusive Christian Theology section, stay in that section if it makes you more comfortable. You are promoting the lie still of a book (the UB) being a UFO cult. The UB is a book, not a cult. You've also been corrected on the false UFO connection many times, and still CHOOSE to be an ignoramous like your co-hort GM. That reflects on you, not the UB.

This is the General 'Religion' section, and we can discuss any religious topic, school, philosophy or tradition among the great and wonderful religious traditions of our planet, - we live in a global community, time to expand your vision abit and include the whole of humanity and all the light/wisdom that 'God' has given in every tradition of humanity. You don't have a monopoly on 'God'. 'God' is Universal.

pj

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You should run for office; politician speak; saying something, without actually "saying" anything.

Aimiel

In order for your premise to have taken place: man would not have had a 'sin nature' as we do. God brought us into a fallen world for His reasons. He had a world where all the created beings could see and know Him in every way and many of them rebelled, due to being deceived by Heaven's worship leader. The selfish nature of fallen men cause them to be wicked and reject God, outright. It's His Goodness that lead men to repentance and salvation through The Blood of The Lamb.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

There is an Exclusive Christian Theology section, stay in that section if it makes you more comfortable. You are promoting the lie still of a book (the UB) being a UFO cult. The UB is a book, not a cult. You've also been corrected on the false UFO connection many times, and still CHOOSE to be an ignoramous like your co-hort GM. That reflects on you, not the UB.

This is the General 'Religion' section, and we can discuss any religious topic, school, philosophy or tradition among the great and wonderful religious traditions of our planet, - we live in a global community, time to expand your vision abit and include the whole of humanity and all the light/wisdom that 'God' has given in every tradition of humanity. You don't have a monopoly on 'God'. 'God' is Universal.

pj

I'm reminded of this teaching by Jesus of the UB:

155:6.5 While the religion of authority may impart a present feeling of settled security, you pay for such a transient satisfaction the price of the loss of your spiritual freedom and religious liberty. My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies. The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge—perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?

Aimiel

Keep in mind that the 'Jesus' of the Urantia book is actually a demon, who's design is to steer you away from actual Truth. :duh:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

The "Urantions" are part of a "UFO Cult" known for their connection
with, "The Urantia Book" which was written in 1955! By coincidence,
Scientology had its beginnings about a year before that! Isn't that
interesting? Perhaps, a connection??

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Posters like Caino and Freelight are easily drawn into cults! Perhaps something was
missing in their childhoods? Maybe they NEED the special attention, a cult brings?
It could be that, it makes them feel superior because, they're privy to hidden
(occult) secrets of the universe? Or, perhaps they're just naive, and easily
manipulated?

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Caino

BANNED
Banned
When the Old Testament books were being compiled in Babylon the Hebrew priest included many fragments of historical truths that they barrowed from the Persians.

The fall of the planetary celestial government lead by Lucifer occurred about 150,000 years before Adam and Eve materialized. The Genesis story is fragmented and disorganized compared to what we know now actually happened on the 4.8 billion year old earth.

The Bible fragment mentions the ancient story:

Gen 6

3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.​

Urantia Revelation:

"The physical members of the Prince’s staff had been constituted sex creatures for the purpose of participating in the plan of procreating offspring embodying the combined qualities of their special order united with those of the selected stock of the Andon tribes, and all of this was in anticipation of the subsequent appearance of Adam. The Life Carriers had planned a new type of mortal embracing the union of the conjoint offspring of the Prince’s staff with the first-generation offspring of Adam and Eve. They had thus projected a plan envisioning a new order of planetary creatures whom they hoped would become the teacher-rulers of human society. Such beings were designed for social sovereignty, not civil sovereignty. But since this project almost completely miscarried, we shall never know what an aristocracy of benign leadership and matchless culture Urantia was thus deprived of. For when the corporeal staff later reproduced, it was subsequent to the rebellion and after they had been deprived of their connection with the life currents of the system.

The postrebellion era on Urantia witnessed many unusual happenings. A great civilization — the culture of Dalamatia — was going to pieces. “The Nephilim (Nodites) were on earth in those days, and when these sons of the gods went in to the daughters of men and they bore to them, their children were the ‘mighty men of old,’ the ‘men of renown.’” While hardly “sons of the gods,” the staff and their early descendants were so regarded by the evolutionary mortals of those distant days; even their stature came to be magnified by tradition. This, then, is the origin of the well-nigh universal folk tale of the gods who came down to earth and there with the daughters of men begot an ancient race of heroes. And all this legend became further confused with the race mixtures of the later appearing Adamites in the second garden." UB 1955

journey

The urantia UFO cult is just another false religion that denies what Jesus Christ accomplished at the Cross. In other words, the urantia cult denies the Gospel of the Grace of God.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Urantia revelation explains some things about the development of Peter and Pauls Christian religion about Jesus as opposed to the religion of Jesus that he preached to the Jews.

7. THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION

98:7.1 A Creator Son did not incarnate in the likeness of mortal flesh and bestow himself upon the humanity of Urantia to reconcile an angry God but rather to win all mankind to the recognition of the Father's love and to the realization of their sonship with God. After all, even the great advocate of the atonement doctrine realized something of this truth, for he declared that "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself."

98:7.2 It is not the province of this paper to deal with the origin and dissemination of the Christian religion. Suffice it to say that it is built around the person of Jesus of Nazareth, the humanly incarnate Michael Son of Nebadon, known to Urantia as the Christ, the anointed one. Christianity was spread throughout the Levant and Occident by the followers of this Galilean, and their missionary zeal equaled that of their illustrious predecessors, the Sethites and Salemites, as well as that of their earnest Asiatic contemporaries, the Buddhist teachers.

98:7.3 The Christian religion, as a Urantian system of belief, arose through the compounding of the following teachings, influences, beliefs, cults, and personal individual attitudes:

1. The Melchizedek teachings, which are a basic factor in all the religions of Occident and Orient that have arisen in the last four thousand years.

2. The Hebraic system of morality, ethics, theology, and belief in both Providence and the supreme Yahweh.

3. The Zoroastrian conception of the struggle between cosmic good and evil, which had already left its imprint on both Judaism and Mithraism. Through prolonged contact attendant upon the struggles between Mithraism and Christianity, the doctrines of the Iranian prophet became a potent factor in determining the theologic and philosophic cast and structure of the dogmas, tenets, and cosmology of the Hellenized and Latinized versions of the teachings of Jesus.

4. The mystery cults, especially Mithraism, but also the worship of the Great Mother in the Phrygian cult. Even the legends of the birth of Jesus on Urantia became tainted with the Roman version of the miraculous birth of the Iranian savior-hero, Mithras, whose advent on earth was supposed to have been witnessed by only a handful of gift-bearing shepherds who had been informed of this impending event by angels.

5. The historic fact of the human life of Joshua ben Joseph,the reality of Jesus of Nazareth as the glorified Christ, the Son of God.

6. The personal viewpoint of Paul of Tarsus. And it should be recorded that Mithraism was the dominant religion of Tarsus during his adolescence. Paul little dreamed that his well-intentioned letters to his converts would someday be regarded by still later Christians as the "word of God." Such well-meaning teachers must not be held accountable for the use made of their writings by later-day successors.

7. The philosophic thought of the Hellenistic peoples, from Alexandria and Antioch through Greece to Syracuse and Rome. The philosophy of the Greeks was more in harmony with Paul's version of Christianity than with any other current religious system and became an important factor in the success of Christianity in the Occident. Greek philosophy, coupled with Paul's theology, still forms the basis of European ethics.

98:7.11 As the original teachings of Jesus penetrated the Occident, they became Occidentalized, and as they became Occidentalized, they began to lose their potentially universal appeal to all races and kinds of men. Christianity, today, has become a religion well adapted to the social, economic, and political mores of the white races. It has long since ceased to be the religion of Jesus, although it still valiantly portrays a beautiful religion about Jesus to such individuals as sincerely seek to follow in the way of its teaching. It has glorified Jesus as the Christ, the Messianic anointed one from God, but has largely forgotten the Master's personal gospel: the Fatherhood of God and the universal brotherhood of all men.

98:7.12 And this is the long story of the teachings of Machiventa Melchizedek on Urantia. It is nearly four thousand years since this emergency Son of Nebadon bestowed himself on Urantia, and in that time the teachings of the "priest of El Elyon, the Most High God," have penetrated to all races and peoples. And Machiventa was successful in achieving the purpose of his unusual bestowal; when Michael made ready to appear on Urantia, the God concept was existent in the hearts of men and women, the same God concept that still flames anew in the living spiritual experience of the manifold children of the Universal Father as they live their intriguing temporal lives on the whirling planets of space.

98:7.13 [Presented by a Melchizedek of Nebadon.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.