The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It's not our fault that those who created the Christian religion were more primitive and misunderstood Jesus and the cross.

Lessons From The Cross

(2017.9) 188:5.1 The cross of Jesus portrays the full measure of the supreme devotion of the true shepherd for even the unworthy members of his flock. It forever places all relations between God and man upon the family basis. God is the Father; man is his son. Love, the love of a father for his son, becomes the central truth in the universe relations of Creator and creature — not the justice of a king which seeks satisfaction in the sufferings and punishment of the evil-doing subject.

(2018.1) 188:5.2 The cross forever shows that the attitude of Jesus toward sinners was neither condemnation nor condonation, but rather eternal and loving salvation. Jesus is truly a savior in the sense that his life and death do win men over to goodness and righteous survival. Jesus loves men so much that his love awakens the response of love in the human heart. Love is truly contagious and eternally creative. Jesus’ death on the cross exemplifies a love which is sufficiently strong and divine to forgive sin and swallow up all evil-doing. Jesus disclosed to this world a higher quality of righteousness than justice — mere technical right and wrong. Divine love does not merely forgive wrongs; it absorbs and actually destroys them. The forgiveness of love utterly transcends the forgiveness of mercy. Mercy sets the guilt of evil-doing to one side; but love destroys forever the sin and all weakness resulting therefrom. Jesus brought a new method of living to Urantia. He taught us not to resist evil but to find through him a goodness which effectually destroys evil. The forgiveness of Jesus is not condonation; it is salvation from condemnation. Salvation does not slight wrongs; it makes them right. True love does not compromise nor condone hate; it destroys it. The love of Jesus is never satisfied with mere forgiveness. The Master’s love implies rehabilitation, eternal survival. It is altogether proper to speak of salvation as redemption if you mean this eternal rehabilitation.

(2018.2) 188:5.3 Jesus, by the power of his personal love for men, could break the hold of sin and evil. He thereby set men free to choose better ways of living. Jesus portrayed a deliverance from the past which in itself promised a triumph for the future. Forgiveness thus provided salvation. The beauty of divine love, once fully admitted to the human heart, forever destroys the charm of sin and the power of evil.

(2018.3) 188:5.4 The sufferings of Jesus were not confined to the crucifixion. In reality, Jesus of Nazareth spent upward of twenty-five years on the cross of a real and intense mortal existence. The real value of the cross consists in the fact that it was the supreme and final expression of his love, the completed revelation of his mercy.

(2018.4) 188:5.5 On millions of inhabited worlds, tens of trillions of evolving creatures who may have been tempted to give up the moral struggle and abandon the good fight of faith, have taken one more look at Jesus on the cross and then have forged on ahead, inspired by the sight of God’s laying down his incarnate life in devotion to the unselfish service of man.

(2018.5) 188:5.6 The triumph of the death on the cross is all summed up in the spirit of Jesus’ attitude toward those who assailed him. He made the cross an eternal symbol of the triumph of love over hate and the victory of truth over evil when he prayed, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” That devotion of love was contagious throughout a vast universe; the disciples caught it from their Master. The very first teacher of his gospel who was called upon to lay down his life in this service, said, as they stoned him to death, “Lay not this sin to their charge.”

(2018.6) 188:5.7 The cross makes a supreme appeal to the best in man because it discloses one who was willing to lay down his life in the service of his fellow men. Greater love no man can have than this: that he would be willing to lay down his life for his friends — and Jesus had such a love that he was willing to lay down his life for his enemies, a love greater than any which had hitherto been known on earth.

(2019.1) 188:5.8 On other worlds, as well as on Urantia, this sublime spectacle of the death of the human Jesus on the cross of Golgotha has stirred the emotions of mortals, while it has aroused the highest devotion of the angels.

(2019.2) 188:5.9 The cross is that high symbol of sacred service, the devotion of one’s life to the welfare and salvation of one’s fellows. The cross is not the symbol of the sacrifice of the innocent Son of God in the place of guilty sinners and in order to appease the wrath of an offended God, but it does stand forever, on earth and throughout a vast universe, as a sacred symbol of the good bestowing themselves upon the evil and thereby saving them by this very devotion of love. The cross does stand as the token of the highest form of unselfish service, the supreme devotion of the full bestowal of a righteous life in the service of wholehearted ministry, even in death, the death of the cross. And the very sight of this great symbol of the bestowal life of Jesus truly inspires all of us to want to go and do likewise.

Aimiel

What Caino shared is true....in that Jesus taught us to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect...revealing that such perfection is possible (in context he was speaking of the quality of our loving - Matt. 5:43 - 48)
Let's just see if you can understand this: Caino lied, using Scripture to punctuate his lie. He said that what Grosnick said was what the religious folks told Jesus. It isn't. What Grosnick said is true: that you and Caino are promoting the original lie, "You shall not surely die." By adding Scripture to his post he tried to justify what he was saying, but since it was a lie all that happened was it became a half-truth, which is exactly the same as a whole-lie.
Your assumption of Jesus saying that we are already dead appears to be Paul's teaching-terms meshed in with a pre-figured sin/blood atonement motif, a concept we've challenged many times before here.
Also, a lie. Your challenge doesn't amount to a dis-proof. Christ died so that we could be redeemed. You cannot understand Christian concepts, since you're an outsider.
And for the record....there is no 'stomping' or disrespecting the blood of Jesus from a UB perspective...since that blood is only symbolic and invested with power by believers in it, while genuine atonement does not require blood, but only repentance and reparation...returning to God...The real sacrifice being one's own surrender to God, his will and way.
Lie. Lie. Lie.
Caino simply said new revelation is often ignorantly rejected or feared...while no or little effort is given to honestly consider such.
The problem is: God has not revealed anything through the UB. It is darkness cloaked in more darkness. God's Revelations bring light.
The assumption of a lie of Satan and 'spiritual death' is a convoluted concept...especially assuming Caino or myself are promoting anything of the sort....which is presupposed, merely assumed. One misconception is stringed along by others.
It's Truth exposing your lies, but rejected by your living a lie.
The concept of soul-death is taught in the papers, so it cannot be claimed it is taught that one cannot die.
Jesus said that those who believe in Him shall never see death.
Souls can choose the way of self-destruction, where a final eternal death or disintegration of the soul and personality occurs...
There's no Scriptural proof that annihilation occurs to anyone. In fact, eternal conscious torment is what is described.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Let's just see if you can understand this: Caino lied, using Scripture to punctuate his lie. He said that what Grosnick said was what the religious folks told Jesus. It isn't. What Grosnick said is true: that you and Caino are promoting the original lie, "You shall not surely die." By adding Scripture to his post he tried to justify what he was saying, but since it was a lie all that happened was it became a half-truth, which is exactly the same as a whole-lie.Also, a lie. Your challenge doesn't amount to a dis-proof. Christ died so that we could be redeemed. You cannot understand Christian concepts, since you're an outsider.Lie. Lie. Lie.The problem is: God has not revealed anything through the UB. It is darkness cloaked in more darkness. God's Revelations bring light.It's Truth exposing your lies, but rejected by your living a lie.Jesus said that those who believe in Him shall never see death. There's no Scriptural proof that annihilation occurs to anyone. In fact, eternal conscious torment is what is described.

Good post!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus did not preach the gospel of Paul and Paul did not preach the gospel of Jesus. Jesus is the master; he is my master not Paul. Paul had his own ideas, his own opinions about the Jesus that he never knew while in the flesh.

Paul taught a religion about Jesus, an honest person can see this right in the Bible.

Matthew 4:23

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

Romans 16:25 (NIV)

25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about ---->Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past...

1 Corinthians 15 Lexham English Bible (LEB)

Paul’s Gospel and the Resurrection of Christ

15 Now I make known to you, brothers, the gospel which I proclaimed to you, which you have also received, in which you also stand, 2 by which you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the message I proclaimed to you, unless you believed to no purpose. 3 For I passed on to you as of first importance[a] what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, 4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised up on the third day according to the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve, 6 then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, the majority of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all, as it were to one born at the wrong time, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been in vain, but I labored even more than all of them, and not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Therefore whether I or those, in this way we preached, and in this way you believed.

Aimiel

Paul preached The Gospel of Jesus, Whom he met on the road to Damascus, whom he followed more closely than even any of the other apostles ever dreamed of following. He was led on a more spiritual journey than any man has had even to this very day. The sad part is: any man can have an even closer walk with The Lord than even Paul did, simply by desiring it and striving for it, though as yet none has. Not knowing Whom Paul followed and not following Him is the greatest mistake men can make. Peter recognized The Lord in Paul, having seen more revelation than the other ten apostles and gave Paul leave to exercise his God-given authority over The Lord's Word. Putting Paul down or never having understood that he taught the same thing Christ taught is foolish.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus did not preach the gospel of Paul and Paul did not preach the gospel of Jesus. Jesus is the master; he is my master not Paul. Paul had his own ideas, his own opinions about the Jesus that he never knew while in the flesh.
/QUOTE]

You cannot claim Christ or Paul as your master! You're not
even a Christian believer! You're a "cultist," remember?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Teaching About the Father

(1590.4) 141:4.1 While sojourning at Amathus, Jesus spent much time with the apostles instructing them in the new concept of God; again and again did he impress upon them that God is a Father, not a great and supreme bookkeeper who is chiefly engaged in making damaging entries against his erring children on earth, recordings of sin and evil to be used against them when he subsequently sits in judgment upon them as the just Judge of all creation. The Jews had long conceived of God as a king over all, even as a Father of the nation, but never before had large numbers of mortal men held the idea of God as a loving Father of the individual.

(1590.5) 141:4.2 In answer to Thomas’s question, “Who is this God of the kingdom?” Jesus replied: “God is your Father, and religion — my gospel — is nothing more nor less than the believing recognition of the truth that you are his son. And I am here among you in the flesh to make clear both of these ideas in my life and teachings.”

(1590.6) 141:4.3 Jesus also sought to free the minds of his apostles from the idea of offering animal sacrifices as a religious duty. But these men, trained in the religion of the daily sacrifice, were slow to comprehend what he meant. Nevertheless, the Master did not grow weary in his teaching. When he failed to reach the minds of all of the apostles by means of one illustration, he would restate his message and employ another type of parable for purposes of illumination.

(1590.7) 141:4.4 At this same time Jesus began to teach the twelve more fully concerning their mission “to comfort the afflicted and minister to the sick.” The Master taught them much about the whole man — the union of body, mind, and spirit to form the individual man or woman. Jesus told his associates about the three forms of affliction they would meet and went on to explain how they should minister to all who suffer the sorrows of human sickness. He taught them to recognize:

(1591.1) 141:4.5 1. Diseases of the flesh — those afflictions commonly regarded as physical sickness.

(1591.2) 141:4.6 2. Troubled minds — those nonphysical afflictions which were subsequently looked upon as emotional and mental difficulties and disturbances.

(1591.3) 141:4.7 3. The possession of evil spirits.

(1591.4) 141:4.8 Jesus explained to his apostles on several occasions the nature, and something concerning the origin, of these evil spirits, in that day often also called unclean spirits. The Master well knew the difference between the possession of evil spirits and insanity, but the apostles did not. Neither was it possible, in view of their limited knowledge of the early history of Urantia, for Jesus to undertake to make this matter fully understandable. But he many times said to them, alluding to these evil spirits: “They shall no more molest men when I shall have ascended to my Father in heaven, and after I shall have poured out my spirit upon all flesh in those times when the kingdom will come in great power and spiritual glory.”

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Obamas America, Dinesh D'Souza

Obamas America, Dinesh D'Souza

Went to see the opening of Obamas America last night, great documentary. In the film Dinesh D'Souza references Saul Alinskys quote about the Lucifer rebellion.

One of Obamas heroes Saul Alinsky:

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

― Saul D. Alinsky, Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals

3. The Lucifer Manifesto

(603.2) 53:3.1 Whatever the early origins of trouble in the hearts of Lucifer and Satan, the final outbreak took form as the Lucifer Declaration of Liberty. The cause of the rebels was stated under three heads:

(603.3) 53:3.2 1. The reality of the Universal Father. Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name. He denied that personality was a gift of the Universal Father. He even intimated that the finaliters were in collusion with the Paradise Sons to foist fraud upon all creation since they never brought back a very clear-cut idea of the Father’s actual personality as it is discernible on Paradise. He traded on reverence as ignorance. The charge was sweeping, terrible, and blasphemous. It was this veiled attack upon the finaliters that no doubt influenced the ascendant citizens then on Jerusem to stand firm and remain steadfast in resistance to all the rebel’s proposals.

(603.4) 53:3.3 2. The universe government of the Creator Son — Michael. Lucifer contended that the local systems should be autonomous. He protested against the right of Michael, the Creator Son, to assume sovereignty of Nebadon in the name of a hypothetical Paradise Father and require all personalities to acknowledge allegiance to this unseen Father. He asserted that the whole plan of worship was a clever scheme to aggrandize the Paradise Sons. He was willing to acknowledge Michael as his Creator-father but not as his God and rightful ruler.

(603.5) 53:3.4 Most bitterly did he attack the right of the Ancients of Days — “foreign potentates” — to interfere in the affairs of the local systems and universes. These rulers he denounced as tyrants and usurpers. He exhorted his followers to believe that none of these rulers could do aught to interfere with the operation of complete home rule if men and angels only had the courage to assert themselves and boldly claim their rights.

(603.6) 53:3.5 He contended that the executioners of the Ancients of Days could be debarred from functioning in the local systems if the native beings would only assert their independence. He maintained that immortality was inherent in the system personalities, that resurrection was natural and automatic, and that all beings would live eternally except for the arbitrary and unjust acts of the executioners of the Ancients of Days.

(604.1) 53:3.6 3. The attack upon the universal plan of ascendant mortal training. Lucifer maintained that far too much time and energy were expended upon the scheme of so thoroughly training ascending mortals in the principles of universe administration, principles which he alleged were unethical and unsound. He protested against the agelong program for preparing the mortals of space for some unknown destiny and pointed to the presence of the finaliter corps on Jerusem as proof that these mortals had spent ages of preparation for some destiny of pure fiction. With derision he pointed out that the finaliters had encountered a destiny no more glorious than to be returned to humble spheres similar to those of their origin. He intimated that they had been debauched by overmuch discipline and prolonged training, and that they were in reality traitors to their mortal fellows since they were now co-operating with the scheme of enslaving all creation to the fictions of a mythical eternal destiny for ascending mortals. He advocated that ascenders should enjoy the liberty of individual self-determination. He challenged and condemned the entire plan of mortal ascension as sponsored by the Paradise Sons of God and supported by the Infinite Spirit.

(604.2) 53:3.7 And it was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
a dose of reality.........

a dose of reality.........

He 'thinks' he's Christian. He follows Jebus, NOT Jesus. :duh:

Only in your imagination. You couldn't prove otherwise apart from your own 'terms' and 'qualifications' (biased by point of view/belief-system/assumptions).

As shared earlier,...'Jebus' only exists in your imagination (your creation),..and who could prove that your belief in 'Jesus' (your 'image' and 'version' of the historical figure which you 'assume' is 'correct') is not also a 'product' of your imagination conditioned or indoctrinated by the religious cult-ture (faith-tradition) you've accepted as true? Your 'version' of both 'Jesus' and 'Jebus' could be dubious....imagine that.

Looks like your little tug-boat (with its acclaimed flags and emblems) tooting its own horn...is in the same religious pond of other little tug boats waving their banners and glory-flags. Its a small world after all ;)

~*~*~

meta-tation:

Its all one universal ocean of consciousness, manifesting as individual expressions, assuming they are the only reflections, when in truth....the whole of existence which include all rays, tones and colours of the Universal One, in totality, represent the whole of truth (Creator/Creation), which manifest as various reflections, appearances and forms of Itself (since that 'One' is All There Is), without which nothing could be. God is One. God is All.

The primal reality is the pure Awareness which is at the heart of all that is... apart from which nothing could exist. The UB describes it as the 'First Source and Center', the Infinite I AM....which is recognized by us in the mirror of creation, where duality, difference, distinctions, forms, appearances, reflections arise...since it is only in such a 'context' that a 'source' for anything could exist (as far as any perception of space-time relationships are concerned). Otherwise, in a 'realm' where there is no space or time, but an eternal 'being-ness' undefined or qualified by space or time,....there is Only God. Here there is not 'two' of anything, but only One Reality without a second, out of whose Being all creation appears as reflectional-aspects of itself. In fact, nothing at all can be proved to exist,...but this 'light' of awareness now reading these words, which includes all forms (every-thing, thought, concept) appearing upon the screen of consciousness. This is the case ALWAYS, no matter what is assumed or superimposed upon the mind.

This is the more fundamental transcendental truth, of our own 'being', which is not different or separate from God's Being, nor could ever be. The assumption of an 'ego-I' and versatility of 'personality' assumed by the soul, is the play of duality, co-creation, separation, relationship. Never-the-less....only God prevails as the sourcing Presence thru-out. This is a higher non-duality teaching somewhat beyond the scope of our studies here, although the UB does teach a correlary truth concerning the 'thought-adjusters' which are pure fragments of infinite Deity which indwell the mind of mortals as the pre-personal presence of God within, which later fuse with the evolving soul becoming 'one' with them, where the human personality and 'thought-adjuster' merge as a unified being. Of course there are wonderful and interesting metaphysical details, speculations and considerations to explore at these junctures :)

pj

Aimiel

Only in your imagination.
I'd say it is your imagination as well as Caino's and that of the writer(s) of UB and anyone who thinks there's a tiny bit of truth in the UB that is overclocked.
You couldn't prove otherwise apart from your own 'terms' and 'qualifications' (biased by point of view/belief-system/assumptions).
It's not my job. God has proven Who He is in His Word. The fact that you can't see that and don't believe in Him is what has your imagination running wild looking for Him in every false god there is.
As shared earlier,...'Jebus' only exists in your imagination (your creation)...
While Jebus IS indeed imaginary, his personna is described within the UB, whether you realize it or not. It certainly is NOT the Jesus of The Bible Who inspired those words. It is simply demonic doctrine.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
5. What Must I Do to Be Saved?

(1682.3) 150:5.1 One evening at Shunem, after John’s apostles had returned to Hebron, and after Jesus’ apostles had been sent out two and two, when the Master was engaged in teaching a group of twelve of the younger evangelists who were laboring under the direction of Jacob, together with the twelve women, Rachel asked Jesus this question: “Master, what shall we answer when women ask us, What shall I do to be saved?” When Jesus heard this question, he answered:

(1682.4) 150:5.2 “When men and women ask what shall we do to be saved, you shall answer, Believe this gospel of the kingdom; accept divine forgiveness. By faith recognize the indwelling spirit of God, whose acceptance makes you a son of God. Have you not read in the Scriptures where it says, ‘In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.’ Also where the Father says, ‘My righteousness is near; my salvation has gone forth, and my arms shall enfold my people.’ ‘My soul shall be joyful in the love of my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation and has covered me with the robe of his righteousness.’ Have you not also read of the Father that his name ‘shall be called the Lord our righteousness.’ ‘Take away the filthy rags of self-righteousness and clothe my son with the robe of divine righteousness and eternal salvation.’ It is forever true, ‘the just shall live by faith.’ Entrance into the Father’s kingdom is wholly free, but progress — growth in grace — is essential to continuance therein.

(1682.5) 150:5.3 “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.”

(1683.1) 150:5.4 When Jesus had left off speaking, there was great rejoicing among those who had heard these gracious words, and they all went on in the days that followed proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom with new power and with renewed energy and enthusiasm. And the women rejoiced all the more to know they were included in these plans for the establishment of the kingdom on earth.

(1683.2) 150:5.5 In summing up his final statement, Jesus said: “You cannot buy salvation; you cannot earn righteousness. Salvation is the gift of God, and righteousness is the natural fruit of the spirit-born life of sonship in the kingdom. You are not to be saved because you live a righteous life; rather is it that you live a righteous life because you have already been saved, have recognized sonship as the gift of God and service in the kingdom as the supreme delight of life on earth. When men believe this gospel, which is a revelation of the goodness of God, they will be led to voluntary repentance of all known sin. Realization of sonship is incompatible with the desire to sin. Kingdom believers hunger for righteousness and thirst for divine perfection.”

Aimiel

Why would anyone consider the UB as anything more than demonic doctrine? Only because they haven't believed The Bible. If anyone reads Scripture, Christ can give them His Spirit Who can keep them from such blatant error. Without Christ one is libel to believe anything.

Posted from the TOL App!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Let the words speak for themselves.............

Let the words speak for themselves.............

Why would anyone consider the UB as anything more than demonic doctrine? Only because they haven't believed The Bible. If anyone reads Scripture, Christ can give them His Spirit Who can keep them from such blatant error. Without Christ one is libel to believe anything.

Posted from the TOL App!

Asserting the same thing over and over and over...to no effect really except confirming your presuppositions, which appear to fortify your own belief-system which is apparently an absolutely true representation of Jesus. We shall ask again.....

What specific words and teachings of Jesus shared here so far, and contained in Part 4 of the UB, are 'demonic doctrines'? We must test the spirit, ethic, principle and meaning of the teachings themselves, and use discernment from within that platform, to see if the teachings have any value or truth. This goes for any religious writing or philosophical discourse. While religious writings or records may not be perfect, they stand alone on principle, not necessarily by 'tradition' or 'heresay' alone. This holds by the way whether the UB or the Bible has human embellishments or literary inventions of any sort,....the precepts or content and how its applied(interpreted) is what counts.

You will note in the last post, Jesus is revealing that 'faith' is essential for salvation,....this was taught to Abraham by Melchizedek, as the papers reveal much more about Melchizedek than the biblical records....where the missionaries of Salem spread the teachings of the 'One God' and the principle of faith as a seed-truth among the peoples (see also papers 94 & 95). Can you prove by principle that his words here or elsewhere are 'demonic'?

Each reader can decide for themselves.

pj

Aimiel

Asserting the same thing over and over and over...to no effect really except confirming your presuppositions, which appear to fortify your own belief-system which is apparently an absolutely true representation of Jesus.
That is, by far, the single nicest thing you've ever said to me. =)
What specific words and teachings of Jesus shared here so far, and contained in Part 4 of the UB, are 'demonic doctrines'?
Every single word. When you mix half-truths with Truth you get: whole lies. The UB is NOT from God and has only demonic origin. It was channeled by a demon and has no Truth in it.
We must test the spirit, ethic, principle and meaning of the teachings themselves, and use discernment from within that platform, to see if the teachings have any value or truth.
Yes, you're right; but once an author claims to be representing someone and they mis-represent them, they have strayed from truth. Your precious UB does NOT represent God, for if indeed it did it would line up with Scripture. It does not.
While religious writings or records may not be perfect, they stand alone on principle, not necessarily by 'tradition' or 'heresay' alone.
We're not talking about writings, I'm talking about the fact that the UB purports to represent truths about God which simply are NOT true. Christ's Blood, for example, is necessary for salvation. Thinking of It as spurious or discounting it (as the UB does and as most any cult does) is blasphemous and an egregious sin.
This holds by the way whether the UB or the Bible has human embellishments or literary inventions of any sort,....the precepts or content and how its applied(interpreted) is what counts.
What counts with Scripture is the Author. God is The Author of The Holy Scriptures. He inspired every single Word. He is responsible for the content. That is why no single historic, scientific or spiritual fact stated therein has ever once been disproved. There simply is no other source of ancient history which can make that claim. There is no scientific journal covering half the things God speaks about which can compare and there is no spiritual document anywhere which has more Truth or more guidance designed into it. Scripture is the best source of life. His Words are life to those who find them. Without His Blood and His Body you have no life in you. You're dead, spiritually. You're morally bankrupt. You're kaput. You're on the losing team. You're on the 'dark side' and need to turn to the light. We have cookies!!! :thumb:
You will note in the last post, Jesus is revealing that 'faith' is essential for salvation...
Yes, but so is Blood, as I said. So is His Flesh.
Can you prove by principle that his words here or elsewhere are 'demonic'?
I don't have to: his words show what they are. Demonic doctrine stands out like a sore thumb to every single Christian. Those who fall for false religions are easily led astray. They'd be in a Christian church if they were in the 'elect' whom God has chosen from before the foundation of the world.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The evolution of the concept of "Hell"

The Death-Survival Concept

(952.7) 86:4.1 The concept of a supermaterial phase of mortal personality was born of the unconscious and purely accidental association of the occurrences of everyday life plus the ghost dream. The simultaneous dreaming about a departed chief by several members of his tribe seemed to constitute convincing evidence that the old chief had really returned in some form. It was all very real to the savage who would awaken from such dreams reeking with sweat, trembling, and screaming.

(953.1) 86:4.2 The dream origin of the belief in a future existence explains the tendency always to imagine unseen things in the terms of things seen. And presently this new dream-ghost-future-life concept began effectively to antidote the death fear associated with the biologic instinct of self-preservation.

(953.2) 86:4.3 Early man was also much concerned about his breath, especially in cold climates, where it appeared as a cloud when exhaled. The breath of life was regarded as the one phenomenon which differentiated the living and the dead. He knew the breath could leave the body, and his dreams of doing all sorts of queer things while asleep convinced him that there was something immaterial about a human being. The most primitive idea of the human soul, the ghost, was derived from the breath-dream idea-system.

(953.3) 86:4.4 Eventually the savage conceived of himself as a double — body and breath. The breath minus the body equaled a spirit, a ghost. While having a very definite human origin, ghosts, or spirits, were regarded as superhuman. And this belief in the existence of disembodied spirits seemed to explain the occurrence of the unusual, the extraordinary, the infrequent, and the inexplicable.

(953.4) 86:4.5 The primitive doctrine of survival after death was not necessarily a belief in immortality. Beings who could not count over twenty could hardly conceive of infinity and eternity; they rather thought of recurring incarnations.

(953.5) 86:4.6 The orange race was especially given to belief in transmigration and reincarnation. This idea of reincarnation originated in the observance of hereditary and trait resemblance of offspring to ancestors. The custom of naming children after grandparents and other ancestors was due to belief in reincarnation. Some later-day races believed that man died from three to seven times. This belief (residual from the teachings of Adam about the mansion worlds), and many other remnants of revealed religion, can be found among the otherwise absurd doctrines of twentieth-century barbarians.

(953.6) 86:4.7 Early man entertained no ideas of hell or future punishment. The savage looked upon the future life as just like this one, minus all ill luck. Later on, a separate destiny for good ghosts and bad ghosts — heaven and hell — was conceived. But since many primitive races believed that man entered the next life just as he left this one, they did not relish the idea of becoming old and decrepit. The aged much preferred to be killed before becoming too infirm.

(953.7) 86:4.8 Almost every group had a different idea regarding the destiny of the ghost soul. The Greeks believed that weak men must have weak souls; so they invented Hades as a fit place for the reception of such anemic souls; these unrobust specimens were also supposed to have shorter shadows. The early Andites thought their ghosts returned to the ancestral homelands. The Chinese and Egyptians once believed that soul and body remained together. Among the Egyptians this led to careful tomb construction and efforts at body preservation. Even modern peoples seek to arrest the decay of the dead. The Hebrews conceived that a phantom replica of the individual went down to Sheol; it could not return to the land of the living. They did make that important advance in the doctrine of the evolution of the soul.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Asserting the same thing over and over and over...to no effect really except confirming your presuppositions, which appear to fortify your own belief-system which is apparently an absolutely true representation of Jesus. We shall ask again.....

What specific words and teachings of Jesus shared here so far, and contained in Part 4 of the UB, are 'demonic doctrines'? We must test the spirit, ethic, principle and meaning of the teachings themselves, and use discernment from within that platform, to see if the teachings have any value or truth. This goes for any religious writing or philosophical discourse. While religious writings or records may not be perfect, they stand alone on principle, not necessarily by 'tradition' or 'heresay' alone. This holds by the way whether the UB or the Bible has human embellishments or literary inventions of any sort,....the precepts or content and how its applied(interpreted) is what counts.

You will note in the last post, Jesus is revealing that 'faith' is essential for salvation,....this was taught to Abraham by Melchizedek, as the papers reveal much more about Melchizedek than the biblical records....where the missionaries of Salem spread the teachings of the 'One God' and the principle of faith as a seed-truth among the peoples (see also papers 94 & 95). Can you prove by principle that his words here or elsewhere are 'demonic'?

Each reader can decide for themselves.

pj

Over the ages, the shamans of Church government, the elite prelist class, surreptitiously co-opted history and organized the layers of theology that would govern the mostly uneducated, illiterate people, into scripture. Like a flea market containing some fakes, some forgeries and some genuine priceless artifacts, the Obama's of the church have been able to compel men and women, mostly through fear based propagandizing, to believe that the churches writings are Gods writings.

So these people who are abused in this way become abusers themselves, they more or less know the inconsistencies and absurdities of the scripture but they are moral cowards, they aren’t man enough to be honest about it because they do to others what was done to them.

(1768.1) 159:4.5 “Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies — men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

(1768.2) 159:4.6 “The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

(1768.3) 159:4.7 “The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

(1768.4) 159:4.8 “Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.

(1768.5) 159:4.9 “But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scriptures is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

(1769.1) 159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.”

By their fruits ye will know them. If they teach Halloween doctrines of fear and negativity, they are molesters.

Status
Not open for further replies.