"The Kingdom of God is WITHIN you"? "The Kingdom of God is INSIDE you? - Luke 17:21

beameup

I'll stay with the real Messiah according to Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23.

The "real Messiah" will be from Bethlehem and will be eternally existent:
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. - Micah 5:2

The "real Messiah" will be from the Tribe of Judah.
The "real Messiah" will not be 12-13 million Jews,
from all 12 Tribes, sitting upon a single "throne".

daqq

False statement based on false assumptions, and a misreading of the text, and a misunderstanding of the definitions of the words being used. The kingdom of Elohim is potential in every man, woman, and child. You probably already know that entos is used here, and only used several times throughout, but you ignore that fact that your interpretation shoul actually require mesos, not entos, and therefore you also misunderstand what Paul says to the Thessalonians.

Strong's Greek Definition for # 1787
1787 // entov // entos // en-tos' //
from 1722 ; prep
AV - within 2; 2
1) within, inside
1a) within you i.e. in the midst of you
1b) within you i.e. your soul
http://www.apostolic-churches.net/bible/strongs/ref/?stgh=greek&stnm=1787

Strong's Concordance
entos: within, among
Original Word: ἐντός
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: entos
Phonetic Spelling: (en-tos')
Short Definition: within, inside, the inside
Definition: within, inside, the inside.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 1787: ἐντός
ἐντός, adverb ((from ἐν, opposed to ἐκτός), within, inside: with the genitive ἐντός ὑμῶν, within you, i. e. in the midst of you, Luke 17:21 (ἐντός αὐτῶν, Xenophon, an. 1, 10, 3 (but see the passage); ἐντός τούτων, Hell. 2, 3, 19; others); others, within you (i. e. in your souls), a meaning which the use of the word permits (ἐντός μου, Psalm 38:4 (); Psalm 108:22 (), etc.; (Hippolytus, ref. haer. 5, 7, 8; Petrus Alexandrinus, epistle can. 5)), but not the context; τό ἐντός, the inside, Matthew 23:26.
http://biblehub.com/greek/1787.htm

Matthew 23:26
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within
[entos] the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Matthew 23:26 YLT
26 'Blind Pharisee! cleanse first the inside
[entos] of the cup and the plate, that the outside of them also may become clean.

In addition you are utterly ignoring the context surrounding what is said:

Luke 17:20-21 KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within
[entos] you.

The word rendered "observation" in Luke 17:20 above means OCULAR and VISUAL, that is, something that may be seen with the physical eye, thus, The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-vision-observation: neither shall they say, Look, over here! or Behold, over there it is! for behold, the kingdom of Elohim is INSIDE you.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance #3907
observation.
From paratereo; inspection, i.e. Ocular evidence -- observation.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 3907: παρατήρησις
παρατήρησις, παρατηρήσεως, ἡ (παρατηρέω), observation ((Polybius 16, 22, 8), Diodorus, Josephus, Antoninus, Plutarch, others): μετά παρατηρήσεως, in such a manner that it can be watched with the eyes, i. e. in a visible manner, Luke 17:20.
http://biblehub.com/greek/3907.htm

You are mistaking entos for mesos and using the meaning of mesos in your understanding of the statement. Here is where the Master himself uses mesos in the way in which you are thinking:

Matthew 18:20 KJV
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst
[G3319 mesos] of them.

If you reject what is being said here then how will you be able see the kingdom of Elohim?
If you cannot see the kingdom of Elohim then you are not born from above, (John 3:3).
Simple as that . . . :)

And again:

Mark 13:21-23 ASV
21 And then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ; or, Lo, there;
believe it not:
22 for there shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall show signs and wonders, that they may lead astray, if possible, the elect.
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have told you all things beforehand.

Mark 13:31 ASV
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

It is to each in his or her own appointed times, and it is not like how Judas the betrayer thought of it, as a physical kingdom, neither does it come all at once in "full wealth" or force, (parachrema as used in Luke 19:11 in the following passage), neither is it like the carnal minded Pharisees believed just Judas Iskariot the carnal minded betrayer:

Luke 19:11-20 KJV
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem,
and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that
when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

1) The kingdom of Elohim does not come immediately, parachrema, or "full-wealth", (all at once).
2) The nobleman went to a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return, (Golgotha).
3) The Nobleman returned having received a kingdom, (Acts 2).
4) The Nobleman began to SUMMON UP his servants to give an account: it is PRIVATE, (BEMA).
5) Then came the first . . .
6) Then came the second . . .
7) Then came another . . .
8) Then another, then another, then another, and so on and so on, and continuing presently.

But there are some who believe not the Testimony of Yeshua: and they stand in a very long line behind Judas Iskariot, the flesh minded Pharisees, Sadducs, and Scribes, and millions of other flesh minded "Christians" still awaiting a world domination global empire dominion of flesh concocted in the machinations of their own vain imaginations. :)

A crooked and perverse generation, whose father is the devil, and the lusts of their father they do; for he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him: when he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own; for he is a liar and the father of it.

survive-lightning.jpg

http://www.livescience.com/38313-how-to-survive-a-lightning-strike.html

In this manner shall the Son of Man be in his day:

desert-sunrise-wallpaper-1.jpg

So then, thus far we have from the first page of this thread by the teachings of Yeshua:

1) The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-vision-observation:
2) Neither shall they say, Look, over here! or Behold, over there it is!
3) For behold, the kingdom of Elohim is WITHIN-INSIDE you!
4) And then if any shall say to you, Behold, here is the Messiah, or, Look there: Believe it not!
5) Take heed to yourselves: Behold, I have told you all things beforehand!
6) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away!
7) The kingdom of Elohim does not come immediately, parachrema, or "full-wealth", (all at once).
8) The Satan falls from the heavens like LIGHTNING which is CROOKED and perverse.
9) The Son of Man shall be as the Anatole Rising Light and a STRAIGHT BEAM of Light at dawn.
10) A nobleman went to a far country, to receive for himself a kingdom and to return, (Golgotha).
11) Then the Nobleman returned, having received a kingdom, (Acts 2).
12) The Nobleman began to SUMMON UP his servants to give an account: it is PRIVATE, (BEMA).
13) Then came the first of his servants . . .
14) Then came the second of his servants . . .
15) Then came another of his servants . . .
16) Then another, then another, then another, and so on and so on, and continuing presently.

:sheep:

In the Septuagint Theodotion version of the book of Daniel there is a particular usage of entos that shows without a doubt that it means "inside" just as it is used in Luke 17:21, (taken from a different recent thread, where "Nameless" from previously in this thread has now transmuted into Evil.Eye, lol, here, and likewise this post is in response to "Beameup" from another current thread where he is once again acting as if none of this has ever been said, here).

Daniel 10:16 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton Translation)
16 And, behold, as it were the likeness of a son of man touched my lips; and I opened my mouth, and spoke, and said to him that stood before me, O my lord, at the sight of thee my bowels were turned within me, and I had no strength.

Daniel 10:16
16 και ιδου ως ομοιωσις υιου ανθρωπου ηψατο των χειλεων μου και ηνοιξα το στομα μου και ελαλησα και ειπα προς τον εστωτα εναντιον εμου κυριε εν τη οπτασια σου εστραφη τα εντος μου εν εμοι και ουκ εσχον ισχυν
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/apostolic/daniel/10.htm

εστραφη τα εντος μου εν εμοι - "my insides (inward-parts / bowels) were turned within me"

Luke 17:20-21 KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within
[G1787 εντος/entos] you.

The kingdom of Elohim is εντος-inside-within and the potentiality is built within every human being, (yes, including Pharisees), for Elohim does not dwell in temples made with the hands of men: never has, and never will, (Isa 66:1,2, Acts 7:47,48,49,50,51, and so on). He created us for communion with Him: we are His Temple and temples.

Yes, it is exactly as the Master says, the kingdom of Elohim is εντος-inside-within you.

Last edited:

Truster

A lot of heresies have been built upon this mistranslated verse.

The NASB properly translates Luke 17:21:
Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

What Jesus is saying is that HE, virtually being "the Kingdom", is in their presence (in their midst).
It is impossible for "the Kingdom of God" to be INSIDE the Pharisees.

The NIV properly translates Luke 17:21b
"the kingdom of God is in your midst."

The Sovereigdom of Elohim is being exercised in every atom, molecule and man. "In whom we live and stir and be."

The Rule and Authority of the Kingdom of Elohim cannot be overthrown. There is a pretender to the throne and there is a power granted to the pretender, but in the eternal scheme, even that pretender has no freedom of the will by which to rule.

The word kingdom is a mistranslation the correct term is sovereigndom; an area or peoples over which a sovereign reigns.

daqq

The Sovereigdom of Elohim is being exercised in every atom, molecule and man. "In whom we live and stir and be."

The Rule and Authority of the Kingdom of Elohim cannot be overthrown. There is a pretender to the throne and there is a power granted to the pretender, but in the eternal scheme, even that pretender has no freedom of the will by which to rule.

The word kingdom is a mistranslation the correct term is sovereigndom; an area or peoples over which a sovereign reigns.

In Daniel 7, Matthew 24, and Mark 13, it is more like "dominion", and there be four dominions to the man in the first age of all his dominion: like the four seasons in the full revolution of a year, Autumn, Winter, Spring, and the Summer of your harvest; like four generations in the first age of the man with his four beasts of man; a lion, a she-bear robbed of her cubs, a leopard, and a fourth beast dreadful and terrible with great iron teeth as swords, and jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth and the needy from among men.

Zeke

No, He wasn't. He was responding to unbelieving Pharisees.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees,.......... he answered them and said.....
Luk 17:21 ......... the kingdom of God is within you.

The King was in their midst and they didn't recognize Him.

And you still don't reconize where Christ is even though you claim to know the mystery you clearly deny it.

Last edited:

daqq

In Daniel 7, Matthew 24, and Mark 13, it is more like "dominion", and there be four dominions to the man in the first age of all his dominion: like the four seasons in the full revolution of a year, Autumn, Winter, Spring, and the Summer of your harvest; like four generations in the first age of the man with his four beasts of man; a lion, a she-bear robbed of her cubs, a leopard, and a fourth beast dreadful and terrible with great iron teeth as swords, and jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth and the needy from among men.

Good post Dagg.

Clear new covenant teaching through symbolism:

Jeremiah 31:26-31 KJV
26 Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me.
27 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.
28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.
29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

So the "beasts of man" must be rooted out and purged, (they dwell in the flesh, which is the outer bounds or commons-profane area of the body-temple, (Romans 7:14-25)), and these things are meant for a good and expected End, (Jer 29:11 KJV, Jer 31:28 KJV).

Truster

It's not a case of "more like" The term sovereign is in sovereignty. Talk about blind leaders of the blind.

daqq

It's not a case of "more like" The term sovereign is in sovereignty. Talk about blind leaders of the blind.

Yes, it is in those places mentioned, and that is because it is "more like" the following, O king:

Genesis 1:26-28 KJV
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Daniel 2:37-38 KJV
37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom,
[dominion] power, and strength, and glory.
38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

And you too, O king, are the head-sum of the gold. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Truster

Yes, it is in those places mentioned, and that is because it is "more like" the following, O king:

Genesis 1:26-28 KJV
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Daniel 4:37-38 KJV
37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom,
[dominion] power, and strength, and glory.
38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

And you too, O king, are the head-sum of the gold. :chuckle:

Daniel 4 doesn't have 38 verses. :chuckle:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Essential Awareness..........

Essential Awareness..........

~*~*~

The kingdom or realm of Spirit is a spiritual realm, spiritually discerned,....naturally so, by name and nature. Of course that which is realized or perceived in consciousness, is in the realm of subjectivity,....it is an 'inner' reality. This kingdom does not appear physically, neither is it necessarily confined to a physical location,....its light-reflection is "within" but also radiates "without".

God is spirit.