The Intolerance of 'Tolerance', the Inequality of 'Equality' and Left Wing Hypocrisy

lovemeorhateme

Is there an ideology called "tolerance"? Because I have never encountered it.

Ok, I worded that badly. I'm talking about an ideal which comes from left wing ideology. This ideal is fundamentally intolerant. It seems you are too blind to see it.

There is an ideology based on the equal freedom, justice, and opportunity for all, which requires that we "tolerate" the equal rights and freedom of others. Is this the ideology you're referring to?

An ideal which is not achievable. For some will always get more rights than others. To give 'rights' to one particular group, one has to take rights away from another group. Of course, who decides who deserves what rights is entirely arbitrary.

I have never seen any evidence of this, anywhere, in any history book or contemporary news source? And I am quite certain that you are not going to be able to produce any. Because all you're really doing is regurgitating the right-wing hyperbolic nonsense that you've been fed by a whole plethora criminals and ignoramuses with all sorts of personal agendas.

I see the evidence of this all around me. Maybe one should open one's eyes a little more?

Criminals and ignoramuses? That sounds pretty hyperbolas to me. :rolleyes:

Please explain how you imagine that the ideal of equality under the law, among we fellow humans and citizens, is fundamentally unequal.

Because true equality is not possible. As stated above, you have to take rights away from some to give them to others.

I fear you are going to prove too stupid to bother conversing with, here. But we'll see.

If one needs to resort to statements like that, it usually indicates that further discussions are a waste of time.

Jose Fly

so how should one, in your opinion, resist an unjust law?
History shows that probably the most effective way is to engage in civil disobedience, generate public support for your cause, and eventually translate that support into a change in the law.

If that's the course you wish to take....have fun. Keep in mind you're likely to fail, since public opinion is strongly trending against you and history shows movement away from discrimination, rather than towards it.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
History shows that probably the most effective way is to engage in civil disobedience, generate public support for your cause, and eventually translate that support into a change in the law.

If that's the course you wish to take....have fun. Keep in mind you're likely to fail, since public opinion is strongly trending against you and history shows movement away from discrimination, rather than towards it.

you don't see that you're discriminating against the beliefs of others, do you? :(

or perhaps you just don't care :idunno:

lovemeorhateme

Correction - moving away from the discrimination of one group towards the discrimination of another group. A proposition I find it hard to believe you would dissent from after reading your signature.

Jose Fly

Correction - moving away from the discrimination of one group towards the discrimination of another group.
Only in the same sense that the civil rights era was a period of "moving away from the discrimination of one group towards the discrimination of another group".

A proposition I find it hard to believe you would dissent from after reading your signature.
Because you're evaluating this in terms of your religious beliefs, rather than logic and law.

lovemeorhateme

Only in the same sense that the civil rights era was a period of "moving away from the discrimination of one group towards the discrimination of another group".

You just can't possibly see that race and sexuality are not the same thing, can you? The homosexual propaganda worked well on you it seems.

Because you're evaluating this in terms of your religious beliefs, rather than logic and law.

Are religious beliefs and logic mutually exclusive concepts? Oh, and who's law? God's or mans?

quip

BANNED
Banned
If those who claim to be tolerant are intolerant of those who they deem to be intolerant, is that not hypocrisy? If those who believe in equality only wish to extend those rights to those who believe how they do to the detriment of those who dissent, is that not hypocrisy?

What are your thoughts?

So, are you defending intolerance or condemning it?