The Imputed Righteousness of Christ Refutes Religion

Nanja

I don't need law. The law condemns and kills. The Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

The Spirit gives Life to only the portion of mankind that were chosen to the adoption of Sons in Christ Jesus their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, to have forgiveness / remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7; Christ's Sheep John 10:11,15; Is. 53:6.

Ezek. 36:26-27
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Rom. 8:14-17
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

~~~~~

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't need law. The law condemns and kills.

Interesting. I always thought death was the penalty for sin, I didn't realize keeping the law was deadly.

Too bad God made a mistake in giving instructions to his firstborn son.

Chicago is fairly lawless, you would like it there.

Epoisses

Interesting. I always thought death was the penalty for sin, I didn't realize keeping the law was deadly.

Too bad God made a mistake in giving instructions to his firstborn son.

Chicago is fairly lawless, you would like it there.

legalists don't keep the law either they just pretend to. Like their religion it's just pretend.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Spirit gives Life to only the portion of mankind that were chosen to the adoption of Sons in Christ Jesus their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, to have forgiveness / remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7; Christ's Sheep John 10:11,15; Is. 53:6.

Ezek. 36:26-27
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Rom. 8:14-17
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

~~~~~

The scripture plainly tells us that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14.

You oppose the apostle John and in doing so bring judgment upon yourself.

"JESUS IS LORD" he is Lord because he has defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You reject these doctrines that glorify Christ and his Gospel and in doing so bring judgment on yourself.

Nanja

The scripture plainly tells us that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14.

You oppose the apostle John and in doing so bring judgment upon yourself.

"JESUS IS LORD" he is Lord because he has defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You reject these doctrines that glorify Christ and his Gospel and in doing so bring judgment on yourself.

The World God Loves was chosen in Christ their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, to have remission of sins before they were ever born in time Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim.1:9; Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:8.

As for you, Pate, thus far it appears that you shall remain permanently blinded to the Gospel, the Word of Truth 2 Cor. 4:3-4; Mat. 25:41!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
The World God Loves was chosen in Christ their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, to have remission of sins before they were ever born in time Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim.1:9; Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:8.

As for you, Pate, thus far it appears that you shall remain permanently blinded to the Gospel, the Word of Truth 2 Cor. 4:3-4; Mat. 25:41!

~~~~~

You continue to pervert God's word.

The scripture plainly says that God loves the world, John 3:16.

He loves the world and provides salvation for the whole world. He loves it so much that he is willing to give his only begotten Son as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.

You are under the judgment of God.

Nanja

You continue to pervert God's word.

The scripture plainly says that God loves the world, John 3:16.

He loves the world and provides salvation for the whole world. He loves it so much that he is willing to give his only begotten Son as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.

You are under the judgment of God.

God Loves the Elect World that He had Chosen in Christ, in Love Eph. 1:4-5!

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
God Loves the Elect World that He had Chosen in Christ, in Love Eph. 1:4-5!

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

~~~~~

There is no scripture that says God only loves or has chosen the world of the elect.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, not some elect people.

You are totally and completely wrong and are under the judgment of God.

legalists don't keep the law either they just pretend to. Like their religion it's just pretend.

It is just a pretense, and it's a strange phenomenon, the modern legalist. (Many are in cults, with extra-Biblical false prophets, the religion they adhere to not solely of scripture, rather scripture plus the writings of false prophets they follow.) Most of these are Gentiles, oddly seeking to be like Jews, the problem being, as you point out, they don't keep the law they claim to keep. They only honor a handful of the requirements of the law, which doesn't work in the Christian faith, as one under the law is responsible for all the law, Galatians 5:3, and guilty in one point guilty of all, James 2:10.

As to moral law, the law of love and walking in the light of Christ precludes a person from wanting to break those laws which are moral laws, Matthew 22:37-40, and these moral laws are, actually, in the hearts of mankind, Romans 2:15, societies with no Judaism or Christianity down the ages prohibiting and punishing murder, theft, etc. But this idea, if they actually do keep any law they claim, that they can, for instance, keep a sabbath or feast, or be of a certain diet and gain merit doesn't work in Judaism or Christianity, the whole law of the Old Covenant a big task, even if you exclude the sacrifices. Of course, their religion is neither found in the Bible, rather than the whole gospel is more like scraps of scripture, pasted together, with some doctrines of devils, thrown in.

None of them are keeping the law they advocate, and it's like Gentiles who seem to want to play Jew, real Jews of any orthodoxy actually knowing the law and keeping a long list. It's strange and confused, some hollow religion you see on message boards from these people, but what I most believe is that they're trolls, looking for a fight, at least those not of some cult they hide their identity belonging to.

Most ironic is that the law was only given to Israel, in the first place, no other nation. This was written by David, some reckoning three thousand years after creation:

Pslams 147

19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

God Himself states He didn't deal with any other nation via the law, period. So, on what basis do these Gentiles think they ever needed to be Jews? Most curious, what is it they find so objectionable of the faith of the New Testament? If they're not just trolling, perhaps they can't stand the concepts of having no merit before God, this too damaging their egos, and too scary to face they aren't really in control? They also seem to completely discount the role of the Holy Spirit in a person's progressive sanctification, don't seem to believe in the power of God, rather need to have a checklist of some sort, because there's not really anything written on their hearts? They can only relate to what are simply dead letters to them, on a page, like the Pharisees? Don't really understand the gospel?

Whatever the case, here's the bottom line:

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Epoisses

It is just a pretense, and it's a strange phenomenon, the modern legalist. (Many are in cults, with extra-Biblical false prophets, the religion they adhere to not solely of scripture, rather scripture plus the writings of false prophets they follow.) Most of these are Gentiles, oddly seeking to be like Jews, the problem being, as you point out, they don't keep the law they claim to keep. They only honor a handful of the requirements of the law, which doesn't work in the Christian faith, as one under the law is responsible for all the law, Galatians 5:3, and guilty in one point guilty of all, James 2:10.

As to moral law, the law of love and walking in the light of Christ precludes a person from wanting to break those laws which are moral laws, Matthew 22:37-40, and these moral laws are, actually, in the hearts of mankind, Romans 2:15, societies with no Judaism or Christianity down the ages prohibiting and punishing murder, theft, etc. But this idea, if they actually do keep any law they claim, that they can, for instance, keep a sabbath or feast, or be of a certain diet and gain merit doesn't work in Judaism or Christianity, the whole law of the Old Covenant a big task, even if you exclude the sacrifices. Of course, their religion is neither found in the Bible, rather than the whole gospel is more like scraps of scripture, pasted together, with some doctrines of devils, thrown in.

None of them are keeping the law they advocate, and it's like Gentiles who seem to want to play Jew, real Jews of any orthodoxy actually knowing the law and keeping a long list. It's strange and confused, some hollow religion you see on message boards from these people, but what I most believe is that they're trolls, looking for a fight, at least those not of some cult they hide their identity belonging to.

Most ironic is that the law was only given to Israel, in the first place, no other nation. This was written by David, some reckoning three thousand years after creation:

Pslams 147

19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

God Himself states He didn't deal with any other nation via the law, period. So, on what basis do these Gentiles think they ever needed to be Jews? Most curious, what is it they find so objectionable of the faith of the New Testament? If they're not just trolling, perhaps they can't stand the concepts of having no merit before God, this too damaging their egos, and too scary to face they aren't really in control? They also seem to completely discount the role of the Holy Spirit in a person's progressive sanctification, don't seem to believe in the power of God, rather need to have a checklist of some sort, because there's not really anything written on their hearts? They can only relate to what are simply dead letters to them, on a page, like the Pharisees? Don't really understand the gospel?

Whatever the case, here's the bottom line:

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Amen. Sin in it's very essence is that of trying to justify oneself apart from God, note that Adam and Eve tried to cover themselves with fig leaves after the first sin which was highly symbolic. The purpose of the law is to reveal sin so those who go about trying to keep it are just sewing fig leaves together and rejecting the spotless righteousness of Christ.

Amen. Sin in it's very essence is that of trying to justify oneself apart from God, note that Adam and Eve tried to cover themselves with fig leaves after the first sin which was highly symbolic. The purpose of the law is to reveal sin so those who go about trying to keep it are just sewing fig leaves together and rejecting the spotless righteousness of Christ.

Amen. Not that there's anything new under the sun, as you point out Adam and Eve (even much more innocent, in the scheme of things, though, closer to God than our downhill, foolish world), and there were the Pharisees, but it does seem that modern man has a certain vain focus, a big head pandemic in our culture. After all, we're taught to be type-A "winners" and seek all things carnal, esteem the material and temporary, not the things of God which are spiritual and eternal, as if we've somehow outgrown God, because we have WiFi and flush toilets. False religion, being God's special creatures of the latter day cults that came along, or false teachings on the web, feed this same egoism. Reminds me of this scripture:

2 Timothy 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

How much of verse 7 do you see all over the web, pages and pages of knowledge, further and further from the truth? People are more insistent than ever of having their own power and control, as opposed to God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Do you murder or commit adultery? Are you a thief? Do you honor your parents? If so you are keeping the law.

Why pretend you are not? You're not bearing false witness are you?

:think:

Nanja

There is no scripture that says God only loves or has chosen the world of the elect.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, not some elect people.

You are totally and completely wrong and are under the judgment of God.

Nonsense!

Jesus Christ was born into this world to Save His People Mat. 1:21 from their sins: His Seed Is. 53:10 chosen In Union with Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4-7.

But the tares are the devil's seed.

So according to the scriptures, the whole world of mankind consists of two seeds:

Mat. 13:19,38-40
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

~~~~~

JonahofAkron

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law for us, just like we fulfilled it ourselves. Jesus is our righteousness. We don't have any righteousness of our own. When God looks at us he sees the righteousness of Jesus. This is how the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us.

To walk after the flesh is religion. To walk after the Spirit is to walk in the Gospel.
In what way did He fulfill the Law?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

JonahofAkron

Sin is lawlessness. 1 John 3:4. I can get behind that symbolism for some things, but claiming justification as the basis for all sin is a little much. I think our problem is we like pleasure and much of sin is pleasurable.

Epoisses

Sin is lawlessness. 1 John 3:4. I can get behind that symbolism for some things, but claiming justification as the basis for all sin is a little much. I think our problem is we like pleasure and much of sin is pleasurable.

Sin is unbelief. All the obedience mongers refuse to believe in the finished work of Christ and take the credit to themselves.