ECT The Holy Con Artists

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
First I am not a name and claimer, that comes from an entirely different theological outlook to my own.

I didnt say you were, i said you missed the point of the scripture like name it and claim it preachers do.

Name it and claim it preachers are "Holy Con Artists" is that not the name and point of your thread here?

For example: sow your triple favor seed of $1000 and receive Gods unstoppable favor ...

sounds like the spirit for sale to me.

Acts 8:18 Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money, 19saying, "Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."… 20 But Peter said to him, "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!…

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I didnt say you were, i said you missed the point of the scripture like name it and claim it preachers do.

Name it and claim it preachers are "Holy Con Artists" is that not the name and point of your thread here?

For example: sow your triple favor seed of $1000 and receive Gods unstoppable favor ...

Acts 8:18 Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money, 19saying, "Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."… 20 But Peter said to him, "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!…

I disclaim such a way with God, that kind of thinking comes from an entirely different theology than the one I believe, it is not faith it is presumption.

You can never come to God and say "ok God, I'm going to do such and such so that makes You obliged to do so and so"

On the other hand if God says to you to take your last 30 dollars and put it in an envelope and send it to a missionary in Africa you had better jump to it.

Don't be saying "oh Lord it's my last 30 dollars, it's all I got in the world, the rent is due, I've got no groceries....Lord please"

God KNEW all that before He aksed you to put your money in the envelope.

The first time that happened to me I put that 15 quid in and sealed the envelope with tears streaming down my face....before I had just a liddle now I had nothing.

I had THIS

"Give and it will be given you again, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will men put into your bosom"

Respect God's word, honour it, esteem it highly...DO IT

Somebody put £300 in my bank account, when the statement came and I tore at the envelope to see who but God said "don't look"

BOY I wanted to see who had done it, but I tore it up and put it in the trash, I don't know to this day.

That was that situation, but God's way is steady, faithful giving....God will always make sure you will have enough for your needs and more than enough.

Respect God's word, honour it...do it

When Paul says put a little by each week, however much you decide OF COURSE God will do His part, if you sow sparingly you will reap sparingly, if you sow bounteously you will reap bounteously.......it will be in heaven for you, don't you understand? where God is, it could not be more sure.....this is God's way.

The bible is never "give, give, give..." Paul calls it a partnership of giving and receiving and since God MULTIPLYS our resources it is more blessed to give than to receive.

But the devil is a thief....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Do not presume to make assumptions about me when you know nothing about me as I know nothing about you only what you post.

You do not need money to win souls, you need the enabling power and presence of The Holy Spirit! I understand what you say but the way you state your case can be easily misunderstood and make you sound like a prosperity teacher.

Pete��

You need money...oh yes you need the Holy Ghost

I totally BELIEVE in God's abundant provision. I don't believe in poverty, poverty is a curse, it started the day mankind was chucked out of the Garden....look at India, know that poverty is a curse.

How do you think Peter was able to give up fishing and go conduct meetings in Samaria? the bible shows you it came from folks selling up lands and property and bringing the proceeds.

It was different for Paul because until he had planted a few assemblies he had no church of Phillipia to send him help once and again, nobody to enter into a partnership of giving and receiving as Paul calls it.

The church has to give up some of it's silly ideas about money...it is not about being stinking rich, but it sure isn't about being stinking poor.

It is about our walk, it is about our trusting our Father in heaven.

JonahofAkron

I don't belong to those churches, Angel didn't answer, I defy YOU like I defied her to deny the words of Jesus Christ the Son of God

"Give and it shall be given you again, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will men give into your bosom. For with the measure you mete so shall it be meted unto you again."

YOU are talking about being wealthy...I am talking about giving, do you understand?

That 1% have so much of the world's wealth because YOU allow them to have it. If Christians had half a heart to winning souls and SOLVING the poverty of Asia and Africa...they would get to work at despoiling the devil's crowd of their usurped wealth in the name of Jesus Christ and making His kingdom a reality.

I don't know that I can disagree right away. I definitely think that we need to keep in mind that Messiah also said on several occasions that to give all we had. I'll look into it.

JonahofAkron

Do not presume to make assumptions about me when you know nothing about me as I know nothing about you only what you post.

You do not need money to win souls, you need the enabling power and presence of The Holy Spirit! I understand what you say but the way you state your case can be easily misunderstood and make you sound like a prosperity teacher.

Pete👤

I approve this message.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I don't know that I can disagree right away. I definitely think that we need to keep in mind that Messiah also said on several occasions that to give all we had. I'll look into it.

In all your considering consider this.

God doesn't WANT his children to be anxious "what shall we eat? what shall we drink? what clothes will we put on?"

God KNOWS we have need of all things...these are the things the heathen care about

But YE

Seek YE first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and ALL THESE THINGS will be added unto you.

Put God first.

Don't be chasing after blessings, chase after God....now isn't THAT where it is really at? people don't wanna ....chase after God and all these blessing will chase after you and overtake you.

God will make His grace to BOUND toward you.

When are people going to respect God's word? mealy mouthed, they bellyache about prosperity preachers, when are they going to listen to their Lord, instead of their poverty preachers?

Honour God's word, esteem it highly...do it.

Right Divider

Body part

God doesn't WANT his children to be anxious "what shall we eat? what shall we drink? what clothes will we put on?"

God KNOWS we have need of all things...these are the things the heathen care about

But YE

Seek YE first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and ALL THESE THINGS will be added unto you.

Put God first.

Don't be chasing after blessings, chase after God....now isn't THAT where it is really at? people don't wanna ....chase after God and all these blessing will chase after you and overtake you.

When are people going to respect God's word? mealy mouthed, they bellyache about prosperity preachers, when are they going to listen to their Lord, instead of their poverty preachers?

You do know that "YE" is plural, right?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

But YE

Put God first.

It means that other people will take care of your needs if you take care of Gods work.

However you may be required to look after others before you have anyone look after you.

1Co 4:9 For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.
1Co 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored!
1Co 4:11 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless.
1Co 4:12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure;
1Co 4:13 being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.
1Co 4:14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you.

LA

Jamie Gigliotti

There is only one holy, there is only one way to obtain it

Christ IS our Sanctification, He hath sanctified us for all time by a single sacrifice...the holy conners would have us believe they have reached a higher state of sanctification.

This again is why they are unchurched, for they are those who Isaiah told about who say to us "walk before me for I am holier than you" God warns they shall lie down in sorrow.

How holy shall we be if Christ dwells in us? the trick is in allowing Him to manifest His life THROUGH us.
"Allowing Him to manifest His life THROUGH us." Exactly! Him moving through us, His agape love, moving us to love like Him.
Nothing to do with us doing the law by our effort.
Loving by His love.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

To what purpose did the Lord teach

Give and it will be given you again, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will men give into your bosom. For with the measure that you mete shall it be meted unto you again.

What is He teaching?

I am not a confess and possessor or name and claim it. They are the freewill brigade, those who put faith before grace. It is a different theology to mine.

But that does not alter the Lord's reaching concerning giving and receiving, or Paul's teaching on sowing and reaping.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
James called for Paul to prove to the law-zealous newbie messianic Jews that he is in obedience with the law.
Therefore, the clause is that the law must be obeyed.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
He wasn't speaking to everyone in the world there. There were specific people that He was talking too.

He looked up and saw His disciples and opened His mouth and taught them, to them His message is seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all your wants will be added unto you.

But I will say to you that there are teachings of the bible and it's Christ that are for everyone...for example "what so ever ye would that men should do unto you that do unto them"...."he who lives by the sword shall likewise die by the sword"

And the law of seedtime and harvest are for everyone, "what things so ever a man shall sow that also shall he reap"

God's promise to ALL flesh, He put a bow in the sky as a sign.

It is the key to success in the profane world as well as in the spiritual realm. Successful businesses are built up upon the concept of meeting people's needs.

....Americans ought to know that.