The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

Freak

JustaChristian,

Water (something God created) does not cleanse from sin. Only the Lord Jesus Christ, who is eternal God, able to forgive sin.

Ishamael

BANNED
Banned
Water at least cleanses one from the sin of being offensive to the olfactory senses other human beings.

And soap doesn't hurt.

JustAChristian

I Never Said It Did!!!!!!

I Never Said It Did!!!!!!

Originally posted by Freak
JustaChristian,

Water (something God created) does not cleanse from sin. Only the Lord Jesus Christ, who is eternal God, able to forgive sin.

Freak,

You will never find in a single post of mine that I say water saves. I say baptism saves. That baptism must be in water and for the purpose of having sins "spiritually" washed away. The blood of Jesus cleanses from sin (Heb. 9:14). Jesus made the point of seperation, and the believers of the 1st century understood that: "See, here is water. What doth hinder me to be baptized?" (Acts 8:36). So, if you are going to challenge me on a point that is okey. Just have your facts correct before you make your challenge.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

HopeofGlory

JustAChristian

My replies are bold.

I have pointed out to you the ellipses of this verse but you choose not to even consider it. An ellipses is the omission of a word that is understood in the context.

I chose not to consider any formula you may use to add words to scripture that are clearly not there. To say the inspired word of God has omissions and then insert those of your own choosing is an attempt to rewrite the bible. Furthermore we are command not to add to the word of God.

We know that the apostles were sent to baptize (Matthew 287:18).

The apostles were commanded to teach thus the spiritual words of the new testament when believed would bring on the action of Spirit baptism.

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Eph. 5:26

... If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. John 7:37
He that believeth... out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water (spiritual words). John 7:38
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive.... John 7:39

What one apostle did they all did (2 Peter 3:2).

Peter denied Jesus and Judas betrayed Him are you saying they all did?

The omited word(s) is " only" and "also" -- The Lord sent me not to baptize (only) but to preach (also). Now, this is recognized structural English. It is a recognized form and must be considered.

More perversion!

To say that Paul was not to baptize is to cause him to do something contary to what he did.

Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. John 5:33 (KJV)
But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. John 5:34 (KJV)
He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. John 5:35 (KJV)
But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. John 5:36 (KJV)

For John truly baptized with water; but (on the contrary) ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Acts 1:5 (KJV)

Baptisim in water was not to be given to Gentiles who were without the law.

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: Matt. 10:5 (KJV)

Before the cross remission of sins was received in water baptism while the law was still in effect. After the cross remission was receive by faith in the shed blood of Christ. Where did Paul teach water baptism for remission? Where at Pentecost did the apostles teach faith in His blood for remission?

There are reported cases of people in Corinth, Philippi and Ephesus that he baptized (immersed in water). So, you really have no argument foundation by trying to say he wsas not commissionned to baptized, for he freely practice the rite and remained in favor with Christ.

I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 1 Cor. 1:14 (KJV)

Paul "thanked God" that he had only water baptized these few!
Why would he say this if it was required to receive remission?

The making of a disciple comes in two parts, one is baptized for the remission of sins and then is taught to observe all things.

Not for me Sir Ellipses!
Faith in the shed blood of Christ for remission places us into His body and we become sons of God in Christ.

The word of God does not baptize, but is instrunmental in purifying the soul (1 Peter 1:22). Onlly when this form is followed is one truly a Christian.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth (living word that washs) and abideth for ever. 1 Pet. 1:23 (KJV)

Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Rev. 1:5 (KJV)

We are washed when we believe the spirit words of the new testment of His shed blood for remission of sins and it is at this point the Spirit of Christ baptizes us into His body. Christ the Spirit baptizes by the means of believers who teach, baptizing those who believe with His words.

Holy Spirit baptism was never practiced by the apostles and can not be the baptism of Matthew 28:18-20 or Mark 16:15-16.

Men can't baptize because the Holy Spirit must reveal the truth of the word. With out the Spirit there is no understanding.

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Eph. 1:17 (KJV)
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, Eph. 1:18 (KJV)

Baptism is for the remission of sins because "eis" the preposition in Acts 2:38 is in the accusative case and as such always means "in order to" and never "because". Suffice it for the moment with what I have said. I trust you have some sense of honesty about you and will accept the simple logic of my conclusion.

ONE baptism (Ephs 4:5) not two and that ONE baptism is Spirit baptism (1 Cor 12:13) and remission of Sins is by faith in His shed blood (Rom 3:25) not by works of righteousness (Titus 3:5).

There is no logic in your conclusion and Paul did say ...

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel.... 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

elected4ever

Eis also means on the account of and not always in order to. Like it or not, John's baptism is the same as the baptism of the church. Water Baptism does not save anyone. It is the answer of a good conscience toward God. It is obedance to the command of Jesus and why should I believe anyone when they say thay have accepted Christ and there first act is to disobey the first command that He gave to the church? As a matter of fact they come up with a sceam that conviently dismisses baptism all togeather.

JustAChristian

You Can't Handle It!

You Can't Handle It!

Originally posted by HopeofGlory

Craig,

Again you shun logical conclusion. It is not a perversion of the gospel when the obvious is seen. Paul baptized several. He preached and baptized. His actions did not displease the Lord, so what I Have pointed out is not contrary to the scriptures.

What one apostle did (with respect to the preaching of the gospel) they all did. There is no difference in their message. Salvation is in the obedience to the Gospel (Hebrews 5:8-9). Purification of the soul is by obedience to the word (1 Peter 1:22). Being baptized for the remission of sins is just doing what the Lord commanded by his apostle, Peter. You need to grasp that and let go of you imagination of a different gospel. The church of Christ heard many preachers, as evident of the remarks of Paul in the first chapter of his firs letter. Did they speak different messages or the same gospel. I believe they preached the same, but the eloquence of some caused them to have a following contrary to Godliness, and this is what Paul addressed.

Believe and obey the Gospel. Salvation is by God's grace but through our faithfulness to his word.

JustAChristian

elected4ever

Not only do those that denight water baptism incorrect, you Just a Christian ignor context and comman sense to arrieve at your conclushion of water baptism for salvation. No where in the new testament does it saw that water baptism is a requirement for salvation. In fact just the opposit is true.

c.moore

Originally posted by dan37
Not only do those that denight water baptism incorrect, you Just a Christian ignor context and comman sense to arrieve at your conclushion of water baptism for salvation. No where in the new testament does it saw that water baptism is a requirement for salvation. In fact just the opposit is true.

That right Dan37:up:
good teaching!

Apollos

The truth ? "They" can't handle the truth !!!

The truth ? "They" can't handle the truth !!!

J-a-C -

Believe and obey the Gospel. Salvation is by God's grace but through our faithfulness to his word.

I have been following this post for sometime. I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your stand for the truth. KEEP IT UP !!

Those that do not realize what water baptism is FOR and what it DOES will never be saved. This is regretable as it is so easy to understand.

Water baptism
is the means chosen by God through which man appropriates the salvation offered by God's grace!

JustAChristian

No Where?

No Where?

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

John 3:23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Baptism requires water. Jesus was baptized in water to fulfill all righteousness. We must be baptized in water in order to fulfill all righteousness. This is because Jesus left us an example that we should walk in his steps: 1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps. The Etheopian Eunuch was baptized in water and went on his way rejoicing, because he knew his sins were washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ. The rite of baptism is the point of cleansing. Not that the water cleanses, but this is where Jesus said he will meet us with his cleansing blood (Romans 6:3-5). Peter said water saves (1 Peter 3:19-21). Read your Bible again. You need more practice on this subject.

JustAChritian

c.moore

Hello dan37

before you answer JustAchristian, can you please read this post.

Ater reading it can you please tell me what you think of it, because this was the revelation God gave me , in the spirit.
I hope I can share it with other spirit led christians.
I wrote this before to Melody, but you check it out.

Quote by c.moore

No, this is not completly correct because you are adding to the Word of God and you are not dividing the Word of God to what the scripture is saying.
Let me show you where you need to learn ,and understand the truth.
I`ll try to break it down in a very simple form for you to understand, but please don`t take my words only ,study on your free time for yourself and compare with what I am saying to what the Holy Spirit will teach you when you first let pray about the scripture according to 1Jo:2:27: But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Let`s look at these scriptures with a magnify glass together.

the first scripture you said and added water baptism as remission of our sins is:1Pe:3:20: Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1Pe:3:21: The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

In verse 20 we see that God had waited for people to believe, to be saved from the flood , but we see in this verse only eight were saved, not being IN the water but by being in the boat under God protection, and mercy. Notice also there was a preparing or the building of the boat, so this included hard work in building the boat so they can be saved , so they must obey God in order to be saved in the days or that time of the old testament life of Noah.

In verse 21, look at the beginning of the verse where is said the like figure, better meaning; not the exact thing but the Idea or example of how Noah and the eight was saved from the water.
Now please try to follow and understand what I am saying ,The thing that saved them was the boat, and I think you would agree.
The boat is not water, and I think you will agree on this also.
All they had to do is JUST stay in the boat, no guiding the boat, or doing any kind of works to keep from drowning, and I think you will agree with me.
Now sence we now see that it is the boat that saved them from the water, and not the water saved them we can go futher into the real meaning of the this scripture without believing that water saves.

The eight was saved by immersing (into )the ark .
Now if the boat did the drowning, and they stayed in the water and lived I would believe that water is salvation , and saves and I think you would agree with me.

If I was in the boat with Noah and I was the nineth person I would come out wearing a chain on my neck with a medillion with a picture of a boat on it.

The word baptism here in this verse is baptism into Christ or the immering into Him like the Noah went into the boat to save Himself and family, so are we saved by the ressurection of Christ.
That why you see so many scripture saying we in Christ Jesus, and also Jesus in us after recieving Jesus as our personal savior.
the thing that saves us is that what happen on the cross 2000 year ago, and the blood of Jesus alone , and our belief that saved us only. We want to stay with Jesus because we trust Him to protect us and guide us to everlasting life.
The Same figure was by Noah in the water, he trust God to guide them to dry land and he believed only that nothing will happen to them.
This should be the reason why we wear A cross on our necks to show other we are saved already by the cross only , and the cross should not have Jesus still on it like must catholic have , because we are saved by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Not a water baptism ritual saves or bring salvation.
If this was so true I would wear a chain on my kneck with a picture of a sea or ocean on it ,or a carved out water wave on my neck.

In the verse 21 says the ANSWER of a good conscience toward God.
Conscience means according to Webter dictionary :knowledge of one own acts as right or wrong in all conscience surely.

So the spirtual act of being immerge into Jesus like noah going into the boat , is being seen in the natural by water baptism, and this will help your walk with Jesus, like also the Lord supper reminds us of Jesus death. The bread , and the wine is not the real parts and blood of Jesus like the catholics doctrine believe, but it is a symbol like the water baptism, only the water baptism takes place only once, like we only beileve once that Jesus Died for us and we trust in Jesus only once, so is water Baptism.

I hope this helps your growth in the truth.

Let God Bless you
peace

elected4ever

2 Peter 2:1  ¶But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

First of all C Moore, I can understand why there is so much debate about scripture. There are religionest among us. I have all ways said that religion will send one striate to hell. The first thing any born again believer must understand is that they have been delivered from the things of this world and delivered to a new life in Christ Jesus. Notice that the people who bring destruction upon them selves are those who who practice religion, and those who are led away by there false teachings. Peter calls there teaching “Damnable Heresies”. Notice also this is done privately. They are secret agents of Satan, if you will.

Notice the tense of the word bought. It is past tense. One of the things they will say is that Jesus has not bought them. If saying we are not saved today is not denying the The Lord that bought them then listen to this.

1 Corinthians 6:15  Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16  What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17  But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18  Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

1 Corinthians 7:20  Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.
21  Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.
22  For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord’s freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ’s servant.
23  Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
24  Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

We are God’s property TODAY and we should act like we are God’s property.

The second thing that will happen is that the way of truth will be evil spoken off. “Reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.” It is because of the false teaching that the way of truth will be evil spoken of. It is the righteousness of Christ Jesus that is acceptable to the Father, not mine. I comply with ever tenant of law in Christ because He is the fulfillment of the law.It is because I cannot fulfill the law in the flesh be cause I am not God in the flesh. Th law is the exact manifestation of the character of God. If I could fulfill the law in the flesh there would have been no need of a Savior. If you listen to these people you will hear them saying that my conduct is sufficient for heaven’s glory and Christ Jesus accounts for nothing.” Speaking evil of the way of the truth.”

The next truth that they misrepresent is judgment. They like to apply only half the truth and ignore the rest. The problem is they don’t know the difference between sheep and goats.

Rev 20
11  ¶And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:31  ¶When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32  And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33  And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:-----------------------
Matthew 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:---------------------------
Matthew 25:46  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Notice that the first thing that happens is a division of the nations (peoples). One is called sheep and the other is called goats. This division is made before the judgment of works. Who are the sheep? Is it not those who are found written in the lambs book of life. Who are goats? Is it not those who are not written in the lamb’s book of life. The sheep were not aware that they had done the good work ascribed to them.There is good reason for this. The work that Jesus did through them was assigned to them and they were rewarded for it as though they had done it. The goats had to answer for there own actions and received there just reward in the lake of fire. Notice also that they were a sheep or a goat before they ever arrived at the judgment. The way has been prepared for us and can be secured in Christ now.

Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11  ¶Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13  But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14  ¶For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15  Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16  And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

The flood was a judgment of God on a wicked and perverse world. The ark was the means by which God would save the righteous from the judgment he brought on this world. Noah preached for one hundred years and only eight were saved. We have been preaching for two thousand years the coming judgment and like in Noah’s day the world only gets worse. Like Noah, we have been proved a way of escape.When Jesus returns it will be in judgment. Just like the flood in Noah’s day, it will be to late to escape the wrath to come. Just as God shut the door on the ark and protected those inside from the judgment that then was so shell the blood of Jesus Christ protect us from the judgment to come. Once out life on this earth is over it will be to late just as it was to late for those outside the ark after the rain started.

c.moore

The things you are saying is so correct, but these people who believe water baptism is salvation says the same about us that we are the goats, and we are going to hell, because we have not accepted their learned doctrine.
The only way now is that we can ONLY pray for them, because we fight a spiritual warfare, which we will win any ways.
the best scripture for their ignorance is 2Th:2:10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th:2:11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th:2:12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Your post is very good praise God

God bless you

JustAChristian

Check It Out, For Me!!!!!!!!!

Check It Out, For Me!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by c.moore
Hello dan37

before you answer JustAchristian, can you please read this post.

Ater reading it can you please tell me what you think of it, because this was the revelation God gave me , in the spirit.
I hope I can share it with other spirit led christians.
I wrote this before to Melody, but you check it out.

c.moore,

I read this and just about busted a gut laughing! Here, you say you got a revelation from God while you were "in the spirit" and you want dan37 to check it out! What can he do for it! Is he suppose to see if God said it right, or what?!.:D

By the way, can you define for me "in the spirit"? Where can I find how to be "in the spirit" from the bible? I can one know that they are "in the spirit"? Can you taste it? Can you feel it? It is something you see? Do youi froth at the mouth? Do you roll around on the ground? Let me know more about this.

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

You Hit The Nail On the Head!!

You Hit The Nail On the Head!!

Originally posted by c.moore
The things you are saying is so correct, but these people who believe water baptism is salvation says the same about us that we are the goats, and we are going to hell, because we have not accepted their learned doctrine.
The only way now is that we can ONLY pray for them, because we fight a spiritual warfare, which we will win any ways.
the best scripture for their ignorance is 2Th:2:10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th:2:11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th:2:12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Your post is very good praise God

God bless you

c.moore,

I can say an "amen" to what you have said. You described yourself perfectly!

JustAChristian

elected4ever

1 Corinthians 14:29  Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30  If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31  For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32  And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
One thing is for sure, Just, You are not Spiritual and do not understand spiritual things. You are like so many of the so- called christians today. You have little spiritual understanding. Ever brother who has a revelation or a prophecy is to take it before the brothern for conformation or rejection. That is to be responsible for what we say and know that the body be edified. If you have no spiritual understanding at least let those who do, speak and not mock the working of the Spirit in a man's life.

Last edited:

c.moore

Re: Check It Out, For Me!!!!!!!!!

Re: Check It Out, For Me!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by JustAChristian

c.moore,

I read this and just about busted a gut laughing! Here, you say you got a revelation from God while you were "in the spirit" and you want dan37 to check it out! What can he do for it! Is he suppose to see if God said it right, or what?!.:D

By the way, can you define for me "in the spirit"? Where can I find how to be "in the spirit" from the bible? I can one know that they are "in the spirit"? Can you taste it? Can you feel it? It is something you see? Do youi froth at the mouth? Do you roll around on the ground? Let me know more about this.

JustAChristian

Do you realy want to gain knowledge about this, or you just want to waste my time to laugh how foolish it sound to you and can`t be true???

because the bible says:1Co:2:12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co:2:13: Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co:2:14: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co:2:15: But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co:2:16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Ro:8:11: But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Ro:8:12: Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Ro:8:13: For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Ro:8:14: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Ro:8:15: For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Ro:8:16: The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Let me know if you really want to recieve a spirit led life, because after you recieve the Spirit you will think like those who are against this water baptism is salvation.

praise God:)

JustAChristian

What Other Words Must Be Said?

What Other Words Must Be Said?

. No where in the new testament does it saw that water baptism is a requirement for salvation. In fact just the opposit is true.

What other words need to be said than that of Mark 16:16 "...he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved"

This is not Holy Spirit baptism because that baptism was never commanded. Baptism for the remission of sins is commanded and is the baptism of this verse and Matthew 28:18-20.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

c.moore

Re: You Hit The Nail On the Head!!

Re: You Hit The Nail On the Head!!

c.moore,

I can say an "amen" to what you have said. You described yourself perfectly!

JustAChristian

See what I mean,that the evidence from JustAchristian, :rolleyes:

agape

Re: What Other Words Must Be Said?

Re: What Other Words Must Be Said?

What other words need to be said than that of Mark 16:16 "...he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved"

This is not Holy Spirit baptism because that baptism was never commanded. Baptism for the remission of sins is commanded and is the baptism of this verse and Matthew 28:18-20.
Jesus Christ was referring to the baptism that was to come. He was talking about those who would believe "in him" as their Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9) shall be baptized and saved (born again). There is no mention of "water" baptism. It was after his resurrection when spiritual baptism became available shortly afterwards, on the Day of Pentecost.

Mark 16:14:
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

What gospel? The gospel of grace.

(16) He that believeth [in this gospel of grace] and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Water baptism does not save because it is not an "inside cleansing of sins." Only "spiritual baptism" can cleanse one's soul of their sins. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation...not water. Water was a temporal, physical baptism...an outward cleansing till the greater spiritual baptism became available which is an inner/inward cleansing or remission of sins once and for all.