The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

elected4ever

I could say just the opposite for you. This is getting us no where in a hurry. If you are trusting your baptism for salvation then I would thing you had a problem. But sense you had believed in Christ before you wre baptized your baptism has made you useful to the Lord regardless of your present understanding. For this I think God.

JustAChristian

To a Biblical Student Who Does Not Understand Baptism

To a Biblical Student Who Does Not Understand Baptism

STUDY ON BAPTISM

It is arresting that you should say, and I quote, "The ceremony of baptism in itself does not save us..." when Peter, the Apostle said, and I quote, "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:" (1 Pet 3:21).

You said that in baptism we "pledge to God our lives." The problem with that statement is that the bible does not say that. It says that baptism is the "answer of a good conscience before God". That is to say that in baptism, a person is appealing to God for a cleansed conscience and the answer comes from heaven cleansing the person of past sins. This is stated in Hebrews 9:14 "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT BAPTISM
Baptism is the point at which a person is united with Christ into His death and resurrection into "newness of life" (Rom 6:3)
There is only ONE recognized baptism. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," (Eph 4:5)

There is not a spiritual baptism and a water baptism. The baptism recognized is the one instituted by Christ himself, which He said was in order to "fulfill ALL righteousness" (Mt 3:15). Even though Jesus was not baptized for the remission of sins, His baptism is the pattern for the baptism that is now recognized by God; one in which God becomes well-pleased in the one being baptized(Mt 3:17), one in which the Holy Spirit is received(Mt 3:16), one in which in its very form depicts the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus(Mt 3:16: "come UP straight way out of the WATER)--our baptism is validated by the events surrounding Christ's baptism.
Baptism is the point at which a person is IN CHRIST. We are joined to the Lord at this time. "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have PUT ON Christ." (Gal 3:27)

The apostle Peter ordered for converts in Cornelius' household to be baptized. "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days." (Acts 10:47-48)
The apostle Paul commended the believers at Rome for their baptism "But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that FORM of doctrine which was delivered you."(Rom 6:17)

At Pentecost, in the midst of Peter's sermon, the adherents to his message were pricked in their hearts and asked Peter, "What shall we do?"--moved to repentance. "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

Baptism is not a "good work", meaning that in baptism I am trying to earn my salvation. Baptism is the response of faith. Faith ALWAYS obeys--the "obedience OF FAITH" (Rom 16:26). In Mt 28:18ff, Jesus called for the baptism of all believers, and every TRUE believer seeks to do what pleases Jesus. Baptism is the working of faith in submissive response to the command of Jesus.
Some may say, if baptism saves us, then what about the theif on the cross? This is a special acception. Believe me, if that thief could have come down from that cross to be baptized, he would have done so! Doctrines that shape our consideration of baptism can not be shaped around this single incident. If this was a pattern for sound theology than we might as well start teaching that every person who lies will die instantly, as Ananias and Sapphira did.

When explaining good works, you said "but those who are saved but do no good works, still get in but have no special credit."
There is not a single passage of scripture to butress this ascertion. In fact the bible says, concerning those who are interested in eternal life, "To them who BY PATIENT CONTINUANCE IN WELL DOING seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:"(Rom 2:7), and again, "For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. {9} And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, IF WE FAINT NOT." (Gal 6:8-9), and again, "And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they BE NOT UNFRUITFUL." (Titus 3:14), and again, "Every branch in me that BEARETH NOT FRUIT He(God, the Father) taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." (John 15:2) People that "do no good works" as you put it, do not have a shred of evidence of being connected to Christ and the eternal purpose of God, for Eph 2:10 says "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." "Good works" in this sense sre not works that earn salvation, but actions that are EVIDENCE of the working of salvation in a believer's life!--an important truth to see indeed!!

JustAChristian

Last edited:

JustAChristian

Originally posted by dan37
I could say just the opposite for you. This is getting us no where in a hurry. If you are trusting your baptism for salvation then I would thing you had a problem. But sense you had believed in Christ before you wre baptized your baptism has made you useful to the Lord regardless of your present understanding. For this I think God.

dan37,

Remember, you are the one who jumpted onto my post earlier. You had comments that were not true, and I felt it was my place to correct you. I have shown you exactly what the meaning of "eis" in Acts 2:38 means. I have shown you scholarly understanding from an outside source (for more on William D. Mounce go to http://www.songofthelamb.com/ ). If this continues to upset you, I am sorry. I can but teach those thing that are according to scripture and be acceptable to God.

JustAChristian

c.moore

I`ve been waiting so long for somebody to answer this
maybe someone else that believes in the water baptism is salvation can answer this, it`s really not hard, but I can prove a point from this.

at Joh:4:13: Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
Joh:4:14: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Joh:4:15: The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

what water do you think this is that Jesus is talking about ?

Is this the natural water that she draws or is this a spiritual water?

if you say this is a spiritual water that flows from the inside of us then you can discern the same with the baptism.
the same way this is revealed about a natural thirst and a spirtual thirst is the same way we know about the baptism .

peace

elected4ever

Just a Christian, I only expressed a diferent understanding than you did. I can accept you and your understanding as lone as you you believe as I that Jesus is the Son of God come in the flesh. What I will not tolerate is being called a lier for expressing a different point of view. I have changed nothing in scripture and untell[ I receive an appology from Melody, She has nothing of value to say to me. I keep no company with liers. An honesly held belief is to be respected. If everone agreeded with me I would never learn anything new.

Melody

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart
Melody,

You wrote:

"Not one time is there mention of baptism in the titles of the trinity."

Can you explain the following words from the lips of the Lord and Savior?:

"Go ye,therefore,and teach all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son,and of the Holy Spirit"(Mt.28:20).

In His grace,--Jerry

How many names did Jesus tell them to baptize in?

ONE NAME!

What is the only name that saves us?

Jesus Christ!

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, [even] by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Again, what is the name that Peter and the Apostles preached on the day of Pentecost?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Again, what is the name that they used when they baptized?

the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ

Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Melody

I will be looking for your apology,Melody. What you just wrote is a flat out lie and unnessary. I will nolonger respond to someone of such a hatefull disposition. Are you sure your a born again believer
Dear Dan37. I was not responding to your post but rather the one before yours.

The correct reading of Acts 2:38 is the following:

"Repent (and let each one be baptized because of the forgiveness of sins),and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

In HIs grace,--Jerry

Last edited by Jerry Shugart on 05-11-2002 at 11:30 AM

Evidently, I was posting mine while you were posting yours. Please, forgive me for the confusion.

Last edited:

elected4ever

Melody,you said that the statement was dirrected at someone else and not to me. If that is true then iIalso apoligize. It is when you accused me of changing the scripture to suit myself: which I did not do.:eek:

JustAChristian

You've changed somewhat!

You've changed somewhat!

Just a Christian, I only expressed a diferent understanding than you did. I can accept you and your understanding as lone as you you believe as I that Jesus is the Son of God come in the flesh. What I will not tolerate is being called a lier for expressing a different point of view. I have changed nothing in scripture and untell[ I receive an appology from Melody, She has nothing of value to say to me. I keep no company with liers. An honesly held belief is to be respected. If everone agreeded with me I would never learn anything new.

dan37,

Why have you changed so much. When you first came on the scene you seem somewhat intellegent and grammatically correct, but you changed and your spelling has become so incorrect. Have you been "cutting and pasting" someone elses information? Instead of sending us some information like you have posted, why don't you spend more time in study and give us some "meat" to chew on. If you are sending us someone else's material, stop it and give us your thoughts. What is going on between you and Melody has nothing to do with me or what I have said. You need to be answering what I have said and spend more time in study. What do you have to say on my point about "eis" in the accusative?

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

Lesson from john chapter four.

Lesson from john chapter four.

Originally posted by c.moore
I`ve been waiting so long for somebody to answer this
maybe someone else that believes in the water baptism is salvation can answer this, it`s really not hard, but I can prove a point from this.

at Joh:4:13: Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
Joh:4:14: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Joh:4:15: The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

what water do you think this is that Jesus is talking about ?

Is this the natural water that she draws or is this a spiritual water?

if you say this is a spiritual water that flows from the inside of us then you can discern the same with the baptism.
the same way this is revealed about a natural thirst and a spirtual thirst is the same way we know about the baptism .

peace

c.moore,

A passage familiar to most of us is the incident taken from John, chapter four. Here Jesus is seen at Jacob's well in Samaria, teaching a woman of infamous character and reputation:

"Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink ... Then said the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, asketh drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, And the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? ... Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:5-14).

Jesus here contrasts living, running water to the stagnant, still cistern or pool water. Often Jehovah is referred to as the source of living water by Jeremiah (cf. Jer. 2:13), and Zechariah prophesied of the preaching of the gospel of Christ as rivers of living waters.

"And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem ..." (Zech. 14:8).

Paul's reference to the rock in Horeb shows that Christ was the "spiritual rock" that provided living water for the Israelites in the wilderness (cf. Exo. 17:6; 1 Cor. 10:4). Christians have the responsibility today to take the invitation of Jesus to every thirsty soul on earth:

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely" (Rev. 22:17).

Those who respond to this call -- of Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the church can look forward to heaven, where the Lamb shall feed us and lead us unto living fountains of water (cf. Rev. 7:17).

The conversation of Jesus with the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well is another example of His high respect for woman. That was a day when the average Jewish man would not even speak to his wife in public, much less speak to another woman; yet, Jesus engaged in a conversation with a strange Samaritan woman of low moral character. He used the time and opportunity to tell her about "living water" because she was a human being with a soul that needed the salvation He could give. Likewise, the treatment of the adulterous woman that was brought to Him in John 8 reflected this spirit. She was guilty of sin as Jesus recognized, but no effort was made on His part to humiliate her further in the eyes of the witnesses. She was another lost soul who needed a Savior and Jesus said, "...go, and sin no more" (John 8:11).

JustAChristian

Last edited:
B

biblicalanser4u

this is turning into a fist fight!!!!

this is turning into a fist fight!!!!

Salvation and Babtism!

This is a article that I found but I concur with. If you disagree, you diagree. You can find it here. Biblicalanswers

You are at a gathering of friends. The topic of religion comes up. One of your friends, Mary, says you have to be baptized to be saved. She quotes Acts 2:38 and Mark 16:16.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Another friend, John, says you don’t have to be baptized to be saved, but if you became a believer, you would follow the Lord in baptism as an outward sign of an inner work. He quotes Acts 16:31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Then he says “This shows that the only thing a person must do to be saved is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.” Mary disagrees. She shows that water baptism was even necessary in the epistles. She shows you 1 Peter 3:20,21 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us – baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

But John shows you Ephesians 2:8,9. “It is not of works”. He says “Baptism would be a work. Baptism should come after you’re saved, but it doesn’t save you!”

Well, what should you believe? Who is right? Both are right, and both are wrong. Let’s look at the scriptures and see why this is true. The gospel is first proclaimed when John the Baptist begins his ministry. His message was, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Mat 3:2)! He preached “the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins” (Mark 1:3). What? He preached that a person had to be water baptized to be saved? Yes! But let’s look at some important methods of Bible study before we continue:

1. Find out who is speaking.

2. Find out to whom they are speaking.

3. Find out what dispensation it is being said under.

4. Find out where the passage you are considering belongs in the whole picture presented in the Bible.

To whom was John the Baptist sent? It says in John 1:31 that John was sent to Israel, the Jews: “I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.” Well, that’s pretty clear. John came to Israel to show them that Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ. It was at a time when God was only dealing with the Jews. The method of salvation was repent and be baptized for your sins. This was the message of the kingdom gospel. A dynasty had been promised to King David a thousand years before, in 2 Samuel 7:12, “When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.” Luke 16:16 shows when the kingdom gospel, the good news about the kingdom, was first proclaimed. “The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.”

Did Christ and the apostles proclaim the same gospel that John preached? Yes, for it says that they did in Matthew 10:5-10 and Mark 1:14,15.

Mat 10:5-10 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9 Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, 10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.

Mk 1:14,15 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

Now, notice that baptism was linked with this proclamation of the kingdom. The message they proclaimed was the good news of the circumcision (Gal 2:7-9).

How many different kinds of baptism were there when John started his ministry? Only one. Was it necessary for salvation? Yes. We even find Jesus saying to Nicodemus in John 3:5 that if a man wanted to enter into the kingdom of God, he must be born of water and of the Spirit. This requirement of water baptism was in accord with the message John began and the apostles continued after Christ’s resurrection, ascension, and the day of Pentecost. Christ commanded the Eleven in Mark 16:15,16, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” Peter insisted on the same requirement ten days later in Acts 2:38. “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

We see that it was necessary for them to be water baptized before they would receive the Holy Spirit. So now after Pentecost, with the addition of Holy Spirit baptism, for the first time there were two baptisms. Water baptism was necessary for salvation. Then, Holy Spirit baptism took place. From the context of verses 22 and 39 we see that this happened while God was still dealing with Israel. Peter was only speaking to Israel in 22, and he was referring to God’s promise to Israel in 39.

Next, something very important happened. The Apostle Paul was saved. We will not go into the differences in Paul’s salvation, although it appears that Paul was saved under the same message Peter preached in Acts 2. Acts 22:16 says, “And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.” Because God had started a new dispensation with Paul (Gal 1:11-2:9; Eph 3:1-9), all kinds of different things began to happen. Many dramatic changes took place to show that God had changed dispensations.

1. Peter got a vision in Acts 10 which showed that Israel had been set aside. They were no longer God’s special people because the vision showed the law of clean and unclean animals was set aside (Acts 10:9-16; Lev 20:24-26).

2. Peter was sent to a Gentile and told by the Holy Spirit to doubt nothing (Acts 10:20).

3. The most significant event was a dispensational sign from God that something had changed when Peter went to the Gentiles. When they believed, the Holy Spirit interrupted Peter’s message before Peter could tell them to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins. In fact, the Holy Spirit fell on all the Gentiles while Peter was still preaching. The Jews who accompanied Peter were amazed.

What had changed? God had started a new program when He saved Paul. However, since God would only reveal the new message to the Apostle Paul, Peter was still preaching the same message he had always preached (Acts 10:34-43). Let’s review the situation at this point of our investigation.

1. At first there was only one baptism, John’s. It was necessary for salvation.

2. Then things started changing when Paul was saved.

3. The Holy Spirit fell on Gentiles before they were water baptized. Remember, water baptism was a sign to Jews to show Christ to them.

Sometime during his second missionary journey after he had visited Corinth, the Apostle Paul told the body of Christ about the baptisms which they knew of in this manner: “I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius . . . . For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Cor 1:14,17 Read in context.). In the same epistle, he wrote, “For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body; whether Jews or Greeks” (1 Cor 12:13). So, water baptism had changed from being the only baptism, and necessary for salvation, to a ritual which had faded away.

Next, another very important incident happened. God finished showing Israel that they had been set aside. He had done this in a progressive manner which reached its conclusion in the end of Acts. It started in Acts 13:46, continued in Acts 18:6, and was concluded in Acts 28:28.

After Israel had been shown that they had been set aside, Paul was inspired by God to write Ephesians. In Ephesians 4:3-6, Paul wrote about the unity of the Spirit. He was writing about God’s dealings with Christians today. He wrote, “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism.” It doesn’t say two baptisms! It says there “is one baptism”? Yes, that’s right. Which one is it then? It must be Spirit baptism since the Holy Spirit is still baptizing and sealing members into the body of Christ (1 Co 12:13).

Well then, we can see that the gospel message started out with one baptism, water. This was necessary for salvation. It progressed to two: water baptism first, then, Holy Spirit baptism. The water baptism was still necessary for salvation. Finally, in this dispensation, it returned to one, Holy Spirit, which is now necessary for salvation. After the rapture of the body of Christ before the tribulation, the circumcision gospel will be in place again, and water baptism will become necessary for salvation again (1 Pet 3:18-22). So, both Mary and John would be right and wrong. Therefore, we must always search the Scriptures to see what is right dispensationally. With this in mind, please answer the following questions:

1. Did John the Baptist preach that a person had to be baptized to be saved?

2. If so, was water baptism ever necessary for salvation?

3. Over what period of time was baptism necessary for salvation?

4. Who preached the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins?

5. What biblical methods of study are especially important to solve apparent contradictions in the Bible?

6. With whom was God dealing when baptism was required for salvation in the New Testament?

7. To whom was John sent with his message?

8. To whom did Christ send the twelve in Matthew 10? Were they supposed to go to the Gentiles?

9. Did Christ ever say that a man had to be baptized? If so, where?

10. After Christ went to heaven, was water baptism still necessary?

11. Did God start a new dispensation with Paul?

12. To whom was Paul sent?

13. Did Peter preach to the Gentiles that they could be saved by believing in Jesus Christ as their savior?

14. What did Paul say about water baptism?

15. Did he ever baptize anyone?

16. When did things start to change dispensationally?

17. How many baptisms are in order for today?

18. Which baptism passed away? Why?

elected4ever

Pardon me for taking so lone to answer you question, Just a Christian. I have been studying the question you ask.

First you are right in that eis is used in Acts 2:38 and not gar. The Strong’s concordance references 1063 and not 1519 as it should.

Second You are wrong in that “in order to” is a warranted rendering of eis.

Third I was wrong in my usage of " because of”.

Eis is properly translated unto. Unto is an archaic word meaning to or until " For the remission of sins” is a bad translation. Unto the remission of sins is more literal.

Remission is Strong’s 859 aphesis. and means deliverance, forgiveness, liberty and remission.

Let me first say this. I did not wright the book. God never ask me what should be in it. He did say that I should study to show myself approved to Him and to no one else. So what ever I say is not for the approval of any man. It is my hope that I may never be so ridged as to reject the truth when it is presented to me.

Salvation is for the whole man, not just the spirit. It is for the mind soul and body of a man. My father ministers to the whole man and He set the rules. He does not ask for our opinions of for our feeling about what he has done. If we are His we will obey Him regardless of our opinions or feelings. We will change if we love Him.

In the past I had believed that baptism was not necessary for salvation. When a man receives Jesus as Savior he has only assured himself of eternal life. Should he die He will go to heaven, but that is not the complete salvation experience. For surly that person would have submitted to baptism if opportunity had been presented to Him.

Baptism was given to us to minister to the whole man. No Christian is complete with out baptism. This is not my rule. It is God’s rule. To reject baptism is to reject God’s plan for your life. Baptism is as necessary for a Christian as air is to the mortal man. If a person rejects baptism he is rejecting the empowering gifts of the Holy Spirit that produces the fruit of the Spirit. Baptism is an absolute requirement for the salvation of the whole man.; mind, body and spirit.

B

biblicalanser4u

I will give the answers to the questions 1 at a time and if you feel the need to interject, please do. Please give chapter and verse in your replys.

1. Did John the Baptist preach that a person had to be baptized to be saved?
Yes!
John 1:31- “I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”

Matthew 3:11- I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

I'm sure everyone here agrees with what I just said so no clarification is in order. At least I hope not!
:D