ECT The "Hail Mary" Prayer

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Could you show me scripture in the Bible where someone besides Jesus is called the Messiah?

I did already, but here we go again:

1Sa 24:5 And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.
1Sa 24:6 And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed[masiyah/mashiach/messiah], to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed[masiyah/mashiach/messiah] of the LORD
.-KJV

Could you show me scripture where someone besides Jesus is called the Christ?

1Sa 24:6 (24:7) καὶ εἶπεν Δαυιδ πρὸς τοὺς ἄνδρας αὐτοῦ Μηδαμῶς μοι παρὰ κυρίου, εἰ ποιήσω τὸ ῥῆμα τοῦτο τῷ κυρίῳ μου τῷ χριστῷ[Christo/Christ] κυρίου ἐπενέγκαι χεῖρά μου ἐπ᾿ αὐτόν, ὅτι χριστὸς[kristos/Christ] κυρίου ἐστὶν οὗτος·-Greek OT- LXX- Septuagint.

There ya' go, King Saul, GOD's anointed/mashiyach/messiah/Christos/Christ.

View attachment 24774

Last edited:

God's Truth

I did already, but here we go again:

1Sa 24:5 And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.
1Sa 24:6 And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed[masiyah/mashiach/messiah], to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed[masiyah/mashiach/messiah] of the LORD
.-KJV

Give scriptures without you adding to them.

You added to the scriptures and think that is the right thing to do.

Anointed does not mean Messiah and Christ, because then all the saved would be called the Messiah, Savior, and Redeemer.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God. When a person is anointed with the Holy Spirit, it does not mean their spirit is the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior. Jesus came from heaven. Saul did not come from heaven and he was an earthly king, not the King of kings.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Give scriptures without you adding to them.

You added to the scriptures and think that is the right thing to do.

Anointed does not mean Messiah and Christ, because then all the saved would be called the Messiah, Savior, and Redeemer.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God. When a person is anointed with the Holy Spirit, it does not mean their spirit is the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior. Jesus came from heaven. Saul did not come from heaven and he was an earthly king, not the King of kings.

I didn't add to the Scriptures.
I simply placed the Greek and Hebrew words 'anointed' in brackets following the word.
'Brackets' indicates that I'm not making an addition but merely a translation of the word.

We're done.
You could have actually learned something.
You're impossible...as Jamie clearly indicates. :bang:

God's Truth

I didn't add to the Scriptures.
I simply placed the Greek and Hebrew words 'anointed' in brackets following the word.
'Brackets' indicates that I'm not making an addition but merely a translation of the word.

We're done.
You could have actually learned something.
You're impossible...as Jamie clearly indicates. :bang:

You just can't add any word you want.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You just can't add any word you want.

I'm a literalist.
I cited the literal word 'anointed' in the Hebrew and the Greek.

English 'anointed' = Greek- Χριστός- Christos = English- Christ

English 'anointed' = Hebrew- מִשׁיַח - māšiyaḥ- mashiyach = English- messiah

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's try it another way:
You show me the word 'Christ' in the OT.

God's Truth

I'm a literalist.
I cited the literal word 'anointed' in the Hebrew and the Greek.

English 'anointed' = Greek- Χριστός- Christos = English- Christ

English 'anointed' = Hebrew- מִשׁיַח - māšiyaḥ- mashiyach = English- messiah

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's try it another way:
You show me the word 'Christ' in the OT.

Use the word the Bible gave when speaking about Saul.

God's Truth

@ God's Truth:

Would you like to know what the Swahili Bible calls Saul?

You do not live those other languages and you are going by what a man named Mr Strong says. With your interpretation, you make all the saved God the Savior himself.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You do not live those other languages and you are going by what a man named Mr Strong says. With your interpretation, you make all the saved God the Savior himself.

This has nothing to do with Strong.
Anyone who can recognize and read Hebrew and Greek words in the texts can see it plainly.

You are responding by emotion and not by plain common sense reason.
I'm sorry that your emotions affect your judgement.
It's so sad, when someone is affected so much by their emotions that they reject GOD's truth.

PS: I don't think Strong ever dealt with the Swahili.

God's Truth

The OT was written in Hebrew by Hebrews and they called Saul, Mashiach.
The OT was translated by Hebrews from Hebrew into Greek and they called Saul, Christos.

You are going by what a man named Strong says.

With your logic, you make all who have been given the Holy Spirit as being the Messiah

God's Truth

This has nothing to do with Strong.
Anyone who can recognize and read Hebrew and Greek words in the texts can see it plainly.

You are responding by emotion and not by plain common sense reason.

You can't shame me for being right.

You are the one does not even have sense that is common. If you have sense that is common, then tell me how many people are called the Messiah. lol

I'm sorry that your emotions affect your judgement.

I'm sorry that yours don't.

It's so sad, when someone is affected so much by their emotions that they reject GOD's truth.

You have been given much in this life...you can hear, read...I have tried to help you but you refuse. You cannot say that Saul is the Messiah and the Christ. You just cannot say that.

PS: I don't think Strong ever dealt with the Swahili.

So what about Strong? Strong isn't the answer in any language.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I think part of it is a matter of custom. There are some of all faiths who, feeling a deceased parent is in heaven, may call upon them. God, who knows ll of it, surely will understand, as long as one prays to god, and does not fail to call upon His name.

It only becomes a problem when one believes there has to be an intercede, or go-between. God is available to all of us who are faithful.

BTW: I do not hate Catholics, I do not like the idea of priests and the notion of absolution, although this has no motive for hating members of that church. I do not hate any christian faith ma d have more reason to sanction those who mix Judaism with Christianity, to the point of denying the deity of Christ.

For the record, i do not hate them ether.

Wrap-up (I am sleepy):

You make a good point that even I forgot about. Lots of people feeling a deceased parent is in heaven may call upon them. Dare I say that its an instinct that comes "naturally"?

"Go-between": I made sure to note that one does not HAVE to ask for prayers from the saints just as one does not HAVE has ask for prayers from people they know in church. Its just something you can do, and its a nice thing to do. Even the Hail Mary is not mandatory.

"Absolution": That is a whole other subject obviously. Maybe we'll get into that after this one runs its course.

I am done. Later.

Sorry I could not keep up the discussion but I was banned for a while. :sigh: