ECT The "Hail Mary" Prayer

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not think you understand this? it is the 'flesh nature' of Jesus with may die, not Jesus, who is God, was ever made and silly to think He was lower than the angels.

I didn't write Hebrews, I just quoted it.

You need to take your opposition up with the Holy Spirit.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I didn't write Hebrews, I just quoted it.

You need to take your opposition up with the Holy Spirit.

You are not reading it correctly. This is the issue, not all parts can be read in themselves, or without some study.

You need to fund someone to minister to you. If you are Jewish, then we have no reason to debate, anymore than I have reason to argue with a Hindu.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was 100% human AND 100% God.

The two are mutually exclusive.

Hebrews 2:17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.​

Jesus was human and humans are not God.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ask Heir. Jesus is divine, and all is possible in God. You are using human limitations, applied to God.

Ask other members who are saved by the blood of Jesus. I'm getting too old to debate it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is divine, and all is possible in God. You are using human limitations, applied to God.

No, I am using scripture applied to Jesus. Jesus was born twice, first as a human being and then born again as a Spirit being.

He was the first of many.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No, I am using scripture applied to Jesus. Jesus was born twice, first as a human being and then born again as a Spirit being.

He was the first of many.

It is the other way around. Your belief is what most Jews believe. I have no issue with that, and it is pointless to argue with one who has a different religion.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It is the other way around. Your belief is what most Jews believe. I have no issue with that, and it is pointless to argue with one who has a different religion.

You're just plain wrong. Catholic beliefs (and Eastern Orthodox too) are the beliefs of the early Christians and of traditional Christianity. Its YOU guys who have created a neo-Christianity that early Christians would not even recognize.

If you wanted to discuss any doctrine - using FACTS and not made up falsehoods - I can prove my point on any issue.

God's Truth

I read another thread that basically said the Rosary is unscriptural, or words to that effect. Very sad, and wrong. Aside from the Apostles Creed, the three main prayers of the Rosary are the Lord's Prayer, the Glory Be, and the Hail Mary. The only prayer I can think of that non-Catholics would have an issue with would be the Hail Mary, so this thread is a simple thread to point out how the Hail Mary is a totally Bible-based prayer. It goes:

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

So let us break it down into four parts:

1) Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: This is a direct quote from scripture: Luke 1:28. (Although some translations render it differently, such as "hail favored one", or similar translations, "full of grace" come from the Latin "gratia plena", from the original Latin Vulgate, and faithfully represents the original Greek.)

2) Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus: Another direct quote from scripture: Luke 1:42

3) Holy Mary, mother of God: Christ is God incarnete, and since Mary bore Jesus - who is God - in her womb, she is rightly called the Mother of God: "Theotokos", or "God-bearer". Remember what Elizabeth said: "And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me?" Luke 1:43

4) pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen: Revelation 5:8 shows that the saints in heaven do actively intercede for us, and in 1 Timothy 2:1-4, Paul strongly encouraged Christians to intercede for each other since such prayers are "pleasing to God". Since Paul says that death does not seperate us from God, it is good to ask our departed brothers and sisters to pray for us the same way we would ask those on earth to pray for us. After all, "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" James 5:16 (KJV). So, the culmination of this prayer is a simple request, which is to ask a fellow Christian to pray for us. Very Biblical.

Nowhere in the Bible are we told to pray to anyone other than God and Jesus.

God's Truth

I read another thread that basically said the Rosary is unscriptural, or words to that effect. Very sad, and wrong. Aside from the Apostles Creed, the three main prayers of the Rosary are the Lord's Prayer, the Glory Be, and the Hail Mary. The only prayer I can think of that non-Catholics would have an issue with would be the Hail Mary, so this thread is a simple thread to point out how the Hail Mary is a totally Bible-based prayer. It goes:

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

So let us break it down into four parts:

1) Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: This is a direct quote from scripture: Luke 1:28. (Although some translations render it differently, such as "hail favored one", or similar translations, "full of grace" come from the Latin "gratia plena", from the original Latin Vulgate, and faithfully represents the original Greek.)

2) Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus: Another direct quote from scripture: Luke 1:42

3) Holy Mary, mother of God: Christ is God incarnete, and since Mary bore Jesus - who is God - in her womb, she is rightly called the Mother of God: "Theotokos", or "God-bearer". Remember what Elizabeth said: "And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me?" Luke 1:43

4) pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen: Revelation 5:8 shows that the saints in heaven do actively intercede for us, and in 1 Timothy 2:1-4, Paul strongly encouraged Christians to intercede for each other since such prayers are "pleasing to God". Since Paul says that death does not seperate us from God, it is good to ask our departed brothers and sisters to pray for us the same way we would ask those on earth to pray for us. After all, "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" James 5:16 (KJV). So, the culmination of this prayer is a simple request, which is to ask a fellow Christian to pray for us. Very Biblical.

Mary is not the Mother of God. Mary is the Mother of the human side of Jesus.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Mary is not the Mother of God. Mary is the Mother of the human side of Jesus.

Jesus is God, ergo Mary is the Mother of God, which is to say she "bore" God..

Jesus Christ is a person, and that person is fully God and fully man. Mary gave birth to the person Jesus, and therefore she bore God in her womb.

Ergo, she is the God-bearer - Theotokos.

Classically, to "mother" is to bear, and to "father" is to originate. So Mary bore Jesus, divine and human, in her womb.

Read more here: http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/how-can-mary-be-god’s-mother

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ is a person, and that person is fully God and fully man.

Yep, that's what they used to claim about the pharaohs.

Of course they got it from the Sumerians.

Gilgamesh’s father was the Priest-King Lugalbanda (who is featured in two poems concerning his magical abilities which pre-date Gilgamesh) and his mother the goddess Ninsun (the Holy Mother and Great Queen) and, accordingly, Gilgamesh was a demi-god who was said to have lived an exceptionally long life (The Sumerian King List records his reign as 126 years) and to be possessed of super-human strength.
http://www.ancient.eu/gilgamesh/

God's Truth

Jesus is God, ergo Mary is the Mother of God, which is to say she "bore" God..

Jesus Christ is a person, and that person is fully God and fully man. Mary gave birth to the person Jesus, and therefore she bore God in her womb.

Mary is the mother to the earthly side of Jesus.

Ergo, she is the God-bearer - Theotokos.

Classically, to "mother" is to bear, and to "father" is to originate. So Mary bore Jesus, divine and human, in her womb.

You don't say Mary is the mother of God; otherwise, you make Mary as coming before God the Father in heaven. You are to say Mary is the mother of Jesus.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Mary is the mother to the earthly side of Jesus.......
You cannot split Jesus in half. The man Jesus who walked the earth was fully Divine and fully Human, and that's who Mary bore. Mary bore the fully Divine and fully Human Jesus, hence she is the God-bearer - Theotokos.

This was declared by the Council of Ephesus in AD 431, by the same men who canonized the New Testament I might add. I think they knew what they were doing.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You're just plain wrong. Catholic beliefs (and Eastern Orthodox too) are the beliefs of the early Christians and of traditional Christianity. Its YOU guys who have created a neo-Christianity that early Christians would not even recognize.

If you wanted to discuss any doctrine - using FACTS and not made up falsehoods - I can prove my point on any issue.

You are such a dope! I was responding to Jamie and her Jewish beliefs

Christ wasn't born, Jesus was. Its as simple as that.

Eight here; she does not believe Jesus was the Christ.

God's Truth

Christ wasn't born, Jesus was. Its as simple as that.

Jesus is the Christ and was the Christ in the womb of Mary. Jesus even baptized Elizabeth and the baby in her womb while he was in his mother's womb.

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.