The Gospel Verses Predestination

MennoSota

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Only those whom God has redeemed will love Jesus and obey his teaching. The unredeemed will think the Gospel is foolishness. God loves all whom He has chosen.

MennoSota

It is not of yourselves means none of the purification works will clean you to save you.
No. It means that you don't conjure up your own faith. If you did, you could boast about it. But, you Don conjure up your own faith. God gives it to those whom He saves by grace.

God's Truth

No. It means that you don't conjure up your own faith. If you did, you could boast about it. But, you Don conjure up your own faith. God gives it to those whom He saves by grace.

Faith comes from hearing the gospel message, being convinced and persuaded.

God's Truth

Did God really say He loves those who love Him?

Or does it really mean He loves those who love Him whom He made love Him first?

We have to believe what God says.

Satan is the one who says did God really say...

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

God's Truth

God really did say He loves those who love Him.

How do we love God in order for Him to love us?

Does anyone know?

Let's talk about it.

MennoSota

Romans 3:10-18
[10]As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous— not even one.
[11]No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God.
[12]All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.”
[13]“Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are filled with lies.” “Snake venom drips from their lips.”
[14]“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
[15]“They rush to commit murder.
[16]Destruction and misery always follow them.
[17]They don’t know where to find peace.”
[18]“They have no fear of God at all.”
God loves those who love Him.

Why are you going against what God says?
No one loves God, GT. Humans are rebels to God and His Kingdom. This is precisely why God chooses to save some.

It is concerning to me that you have deluded yourself to imagine I am going against what God says. It seems to me that you don't really know what God says or you are ignoring what God says. After all our dialogue I can see that your delusion is firm. I will leave you to your fate.

Robert Pate

Banned
Dead men cannot hear...unless...God makes them alive first. There is no other way...

The Gospel is the word of God. When dead men hear and believe, they are born again by the word of God.

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD (the Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

"In whom you trusted, after you had heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom after that you believed, YOU WERE SEALED WITH THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE" Ephesians 1:13.

Because you don't believe the Gospel you are void of the Holy Spirit and are lost.

Robert Pate

Banned
Dead men cannot hear...unless...God makes them alive first. There is no other way...

The Gospel is the word of God. When dead men hear and believe, they are born again by the word of God.

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD (the Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

"In whom you trusted, after you had heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom after that you believed, YOU WERE SEALED WITH THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE" Ephesians 1:13.

Because you don't believe the Gospel you are void of the Holy Spirit and are lost.

beloved57

False and invalid comment. Also the Gospel isnt believed when one denies the Blood of Christ Saving efficacy.

God's Truth

No and wont seek the true God Rom 3:11

That was about a certain time. Paul is quoting a time in the old testament when no Jews sought God.

Paul is just showing the Gentiles that the Jews did wrong too.

Now back to you saying no one seeks God, you are wrong, there are people who sought God.

If no one ever searched for God, ever, then how was it that the Israelites called out to God to help them when they thought God had forgotten them while they were slaves in Egypt?

Exodus 3:9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

Deuteronomy 26:7
Then we cried out to the LORD, the God of our ancestors, and the LORD heard our voice and saw our misery, toil and oppression.

If no one ever searched for God, then why do the scriptures say people did?

In the New Testament, when Jesus arrived, people shouted: “Son of David, have mercy on me”. They were looking for the Messiah. In the New Testament a blind man was searching for the Son of God, the prophet’s had said would come. I just showed you that people do search for God. Again, Paul was explaining that the Jews were sinners like the Gentiles, even though the Jews were supposed to be God’s Holy people.
The Jews were sinners like the Gentiles in that they did not always seek God.

beloved57

That was about a certain time. Paul is quoting a time in the old testament when no Jews sought God.

Now back to you saying no one seeks God, you are wrong, there are people who sought God.

If no one ever searched for God, ever, then how was it that the Israelites called out to God to help them when they thought God had forgotten them while they were slaves in Egypt?

Exodus 3:9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

Then we cried out to the LORD, the God of our ancestors, and the LORD heard our voice and saw our misery, toil and oppression.

In the New Testament, when Jesus arrived, people shouted: “Son of David, have mercy on me”. They were looking for the Messiah. In the New Testament a blind man was searching for the Son of God, the prophet’s had said would come. I just showed you that people do search for God. Again, Paul was explaining that the Jews were sinners like the Gentiles, even though the Jews were supposed to be God’s Holy people.

Denial of scripture with false statements not in scripture.

beloved57

Denial of scripture with false statements not in scripture.

God's Truth

No one can be born again until Jesus saves them, and it is when Jesus chooses to save the person, after they repent of their sins and believe Jesus' blood washes away their sins.