Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They were ALL baptized in the name of Jesus.

Not by Paul.

If he was not sent to baptize them WHY did he?

It says HE DID NOT BAPTISE THEM, EXCEPT FOR A FEW!

A FEW is not THE ENTIRE CHURCH OF CORINTH!

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

This was told by Jesus DIRECTLY TO the Twelve Apostles (eleven, considering Matthias had not been chosen yet).

The TWELVE APOSTLES who would RULE over the TWELVE TRIBES OF...

Wait for it...

ISRAEL!!!!!!

Paul was NOT SENT to Israel, but TO THE GENTILES!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't use that label. The label I use is Christian. It's clear that God had different covenants with man throughout the years and in these LAST DAYS it's with His son and therefore with us if we are in Him.
Heb. 1:1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

Acts 2:16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
17 “‘And in the last days
it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,

Acts 3:24 And all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and those who came after him, also proclaimed these days.

Not one of the twelve uses the term Christian prior to Paul's conversion.

turbosixx

A FEW is not THE ENTIRE CHURCH OF CORINTH!
That is what 1:17 means. He is obligated to preach but NOT obligated to baptize.
8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized. Other men can and did baptize the rest.

The ENTIRE church was baptized in the name of Jesus. WHY in this dispensation??

Paul was NOT SENT to Israel, but TO THE GENTILES!

Did Paul NOT preach to Israel?? Yes he did. When he preached to Jews did he preach a different gospel than when he preached to Gentiles??

Right Divider

Body part
Not one of the twelve uses the term Christian prior to Paul's conversion.
The Bible is clear.

Act 11:26 KJV And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

All those years in Jerusalem and THOSE folks were never called Christians there.

turbosixx

When Christ sent Paul not to baptize.
Then your math is not adding up. Paul baptized believers on all his journeys.

Please show us all where Paul commands water baptism.

If water baptism is a "requirement", how could it be completely missing from ALL thirteenth of Paul's epistles?

It's not missing.

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Rom. 6:3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
"All of us who", that leaves out everyone that wasn't.

turbosixx

That is ridiculous.

Here is ridiculous.

You say these are different.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.

You say these are the same.
And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

It's not missing.

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Rom. 6:3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

My boss can send me to pick up a load at customer.

Doesn't mean I can't stop along the way and grab something to eat...

In the same way, God sent Paul to preach the gospel (which does not include baptism).

Doesn't mean Paul can't baptise some folks who want to get baptized as an outward show of their faith...

turbosixx

My boss can send me to pick up a load at customer.

Doesn't mean I can't stop along the way and grab something to eat...

In the same way, God sent Paul to preach the gospel (which does not include baptism).

Doesn't mean Paul can't baptise some folks who want to get baptized as an outward show of their faith...

I don't see in scripture anyone WANTS to get baptized by Paul.

WHY would the jailer WANT to be baptized??

IF it's not the truth of the gospel, why would Paul practice it and not argue against is as he did circumcision?

Unless it is part of the gospel.

Right Divider

Body part
No, he did not. You are constantly making things up.

You cannot find Paul water baptizing anyone after Acts 19.

In addition, you cannot find ANYWHERE in the Pauline epistles where water baptism is commanded (or even "recommended").

It's not missing.

Once AGAIN... you (like so many other deceivers) CONFLATE these "baptisms" with water baptism.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't see in scripture anyone WANTS to get baptized by Paul.

This is a logical fallacy. An argument from silence.

WHY would the jailer WANT to be baptized??

...an outward show of faith...

:think:

IF it's not the truth of the gospel,

Baptism is NOT part of the gospel for the Body of Christ.

why would Paul not argue against is as he did circumcision?

Because Circumcision was symbolic of the cutting off of the flesh (ie, the sinful body).

Baptism (while under the Mosaic law) was meant for cleansing, but is symbolic of us being cleansed by Christ's blood.

An outward show of faith is not placing oneself under the law.

Rosenritter

I also understand dispensations. Jesus instructed the 12 and Paul did the exact same thing in the same dispensation.

Gotta laugh at these dumb attack questions. By the "why aren't you building an ark" question, if applied to common analogy, there should also be a "pizza" dispensation, a "Chinese takeout dispensation", and a "Starbucks" dispensation to cover each of the three requests to different people.

Applying that reasoning to God, there should be a "talk to Pharaoh" dispensation, a "go to Egypt" dispensation, a "come out of Egypt" dispensation, a "go into Canaan" dispensation, a "don't go into Canaan" dispensation, a "go again into Canaan" dispensation, so on and so forth. Every time there is an instruction to someone different you make a new dispensation, and use that artificial divider to make each and everything non-applicable to everything else.

Right Divider

Body part
Here is ridiculous.

You say these are different.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Don't you get tired of being a deceiver and a CHERRY-PICKER?

You claimed not to be a cherry-picker, but then you do it AGAIN AND AGAIN.

You CANNOT take Mark 16:16 WITHOUT the context within which it was WRITTEN.

Mar 16:14-20 KJV Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. (15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

And, of course, you claim that these signs were a "limited time offer"... though the scripture does not say that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Doesn't mean they were not Christians. It's just a term not a law or commandment.

Paul converted Christians the EXACT same way as the 12.
A Christian is someone who is a member of the Body of Christ.

There were no members of the Body of Christ prior to Paul, something Paul states EXPLICITLY.

Ergo, the believers prior to Paul were not "Christians."

The believers prior to Paul were of the Church of ISRAEL, meaning they were part of the NATION of ISRAEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.