Theology Club: The Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel of Grace

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And where is hell meantioned in that set of scriptures?

So you don't know what happens to the brances that are cut off and tossed in the fire? Along with the tares? And all the others like you in Revelation 20.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi and just where does it say , that Peter and Paul preached the same message , with a verse ??

dan p
You might want to read it again. I did not agree that Peter and Paul preached the same message. I agreed that Paul preached the same message to Gentiles and Jews.

Pneuma

You finally got it. Paul knew who He was speaking with. Paul called Jesus Lord;

Acts 9:5-6

King James Version (KJV)

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

No one can call Jesus Lord but by the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 12:3

King James Version (KJV)

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Ya missunderstood my point BR.

Pneuma

Originally Posted by Pneuma
Paul tells us he preached the same message to the Jews and gentiles.

Of course he did; why wouldn't he?

Because if Paul taught the same gospel to both Jew and gentile then Peter and the boys would have been at cross purposes in teaching the Jews something else.

What you have is Paul and Peter and the boys each teaching the Jews a different gospel.

Pneuma

Yet you still won't answer. You do not keep the red letters, when you pretend you do. You are a hell bound forked tongue snake. Don't think I don't know.

Peter's gospel is Mattthew 23.

Paul's gospel is Romans 4, which states if you keep Matthew 23 it is counted as debt.

That is the same gospel Nick.

Already explained in another thread the two aspects of faith between what Paul said and James said.

Remember Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing.

Pneuma

Hi , and just where is a verse that they were saved like Paul ??

GIMME A VERSE ??

DAN P

Where is the vesre that says they were saved differently?

Same question to you Dan, did Paul seperate himself from the gentiles in his preaching?

Pneuma

So you don't know what happens to the brances that are cut off and tossed in the fire? Along with the tares? And all the others like you in Revelation 20.

I don't believe in the pagan idea of hell.
So Again where does it mention your pagan hell in those scriptures Nick?

Pneuma

If I misunderstood the point, enlighten me.

It would take this off topic BR.

suffice it to say Christ dwells in each of us and leads us according to HIS will and Christ does not lead the Jews differently then the Gentiles at least according to Paul.

Pneuma

Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Yes, the Jew according to the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gentile to the Gospel of Grace. One to Peter's Gospel, the other to Paul's.

Pneuma

Yes, the Jew according to the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gentile to the Gospel of Grace. One to Peter's Gospel, the other to Paul's.

Acts 26:19-21
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance. 21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

Do you not see it? Paul said he showed his heavenly vision first to the Jews and then to the gentiles. How much plainer can Paul make it?

Jesus tells us that repentance and remissions of sin should be
preached in His name among ALL nations, BEGINNING at Jerusalem.

Luke 24:46-47
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Matthew 24:14
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

1 Corinthians 1:10-13
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Paul tells these people to be of one mind and speak the same thing, because there was division among them, some saying I am of Paul and others I am of Peter. Paul says to those who would divide in this fashion is Christ divided? Now obviously some of these people were saved by Pauls preaching and some were saved by Peters preaching so if they are to be of the same mind and SPEAK the SAME THINGS how is it Paul and Peter preached a different Gospel?

And read again post# 165 does it not show Peter preaching the same thing as Paul?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Acts 26:19-21
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance. 21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

Do you not see it? Paul said he showed his heavenly vision first to the Jews and then to the gentiles. How much plainer can Paul make it?

Jesus tells us that repentance and remissions of sin should be
preached in His name among ALL nations, BEGINNING at Jerusalem.

Luke 24:46-47
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Matthew 24:14
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

1 Corinthians 1:10-13
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Paul tells these people to be of one mind and speak the same thing, because there was division among them, some saying I am of Paul and others I am of Peter. Paul says to those who would divide in this fashion is Christ divided? Now obviously some of these people were saved by Paul's preaching and some were saved by Peters preaching so if they are to be of the same mind and SPEAK the SAME THINGS how is it Paul and Peter preached a different Gospel?

And read again post# 165 does it not show Peter preaching the same thing as Paul?

Your focus is on Paul. It should be on Peter and the Apostles. Where do they preach the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Even though Jesus mentions it, The Apostles did not understand it. We do not see an understanding of it in Matthew -John. Even John 20:9 states that they did not know that He must rise from the dead.

Paul reveals this information, the mystery that was hidden from the princes of this world so that the Lord could confound His enemies (1 Corinthians 2:7-8). This makes it very clear as we read through the four Gospels that neither Christ nor His Apostles could have been preaching the Gospel by which we are saved because the gospel of the kingdom they preached does not include the doctrinal information by which we are saved, namely Christ's death, burial and resurrection on our behalf (1 Corinthians 15 1-4).

The Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel of Grace are different.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I don't believe in the pagan idea of hell.
So Again where does it mention your pagan hell in those scriptures Nick?

Are you universalist or annhilationist?

Hell/lake of fire/conscious separation is the biblical, historical, orthodox view.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Paul is defending the ONE true gospel in Romans. It is sheer eisegesis of the MAD view to read your interpretation (two gospels) into this verse?!:hammer:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
A kingdom emphasis is an eschatological one. A soteriological emphasis is personal.

The way into the Kingdom is by grace through faith in the King in all dispensations.

There are not two ways to be saved post-cross. A secondary gospel for a limited time and limited group post-cross, pre-Paul is foreign to Scripture.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
godrulz disagrees with you. He says Paul only ministers to gentiles.

Galatians 2

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

And of course I have asked you what he means in this thread more than once. Paul went to Jews, yet says he preaches uncircumcision. What gives? Rhetorical. You know the answer. Different gospel.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul is defending the ONE true gospel in Romans. It is sheer eisegesis of the MAD view to read your interpretation (two gospels) into this verse?!:hammer:

I did not bring up the verse. Speak with Pneuma. I would use Galatians 2:7