Theology Club: The Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel of Grace

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Let's just say this; The Gospel according to Matthew, Mark Luke, John, Peter and Paul. I'm sure there are others.

The Gospels were before the cross, but Peter, John, James, Paul wrote after the cross.

I do not deny dispensationalism vs covenantalism, but I do reject hyper/ultradisp views as too much arbitrary division not demanded by the redemptive narrative.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Gospels were before the cross, but Peter, John, James, Paul wrote after the cross.

I do not deny dispensationalism vs covenantalism, but I do reject hyper/ultradisp views as too much arbitrary division not demanded by the redemptive narrative.
Are you saying Paul didn't preach the gospel?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is your wrong assumption/conclusion.

Let's review. You said;

I said Acts 2 does not contain all biblical truth that there is.

So I ask about your claim of not all truth, and why it wasn't given.

Why did the Holy Spirit leave out such big details?

And this is your reply?

This is your wrong assumption/conclusion.

Neg rep. You are an absolute clown and pervert. Psalm 58:10 from me to you. You can room with granite, Arthur brain, alate_one, and all the other Christ hating losers you pervert. Which then begs the question.

Oh you full of fraud and deceit! When will you cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Let's review. You said;

So I ask about your claim of not all truth, and why it wasn't given.

And this is your reply?

Neg rep. You are an absolute clown and pervert. Psalm 58:10 from me to you. You can room with granite, Arthur brain, alate_one, and all the other Christ hating losers you pervert. Which then begs the question.

Oh you full of fraud and deceit! When will you cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

I know, love, worship, serve obey Jesus as Lord God Almighty. I received Him by grace through faith apart from works over 30 years ago. I went to an evangelical college, pioneered a church, am an elder in a respected church, etc. How does this lump me in with godless atheists?! Why do you rejoice that I will be trampled despite doing what you did (Rom. 10:9-10; I Cor. 15:1-4)?!

Disagreeing with MAD/Nick is not rejecting God, Christ, gospel, Bible, etc.

I said Acts 2 is true, but does not contain every truth found elsewhere in Scripture. Acts is selective, transitional history, not exhaustive, didactic. Even Paul's letters often dealt with specific issues, not all truth in one paragraph (despite the paragraph being true).

:doh::help:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Disagreeing with MAD/Nick is not rejecting God, Christ, gospel, Bible, etc.

This is rejecting the gospel. You perverter of the straight ways of the Lord!

I believe it in context, not as a proof text for your views. Justification is about our initial coming to Christ [/B]when we are declared righteous (legal term) and our past sins are dealt with. At that point of conversion, there are no future sins yet. Reconciliation deals with our past sins. My objection is to think we can persist in sheer rebellion, sin, and disobedience with impunity because non-existent sins have blanket forgiveness just because our past sins were dealt with at justification.

This is a rejection of the gospel, and making the cross of no effect. You believe this, you said it. You have not repented (changed your mind) on it.

....You seem to reduce it to an irreversible metaphysical change parallel to physical birth. In reality, it is a reciprocal love relationship, not an unconditional zapping. Past sins can be dealt with, but this does not preclude the possibility of heinous future sins, including blasphemy, that cannot be swept under the carpet by a holy God...

This is a rejection of the gospel, you pervert.

God is holy, not a deaf, dumb, blind idol with amnesia.

etc. blah blah; Jesus sees me as sinless even though I am fornicating, etc. blah blah)

It is NOT legal nor moral for a Christian. It is a sin, contrary to the will and Word of God. You are justifying all sin due to your wrong view of sanctification, justification, etc. Using your logic, it is legal for a Christian to murder, lie, steal, fornicate, etc., but not helpful?!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Nick and others still confuse biblical distinctions between justification, sanctification, glorification, perseverance of the saints, loving obedience post-conversion vs legalism pre-conversion, etc.

WOT...:dizzy:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick and others still confuse biblical distinctions between justification, sanctification, glorification, perseverance of the saints, loving obedience post-conversion vs legalism pre-conversion, etc.

Is there a point to your post? What does it have to do with your perversion of his gospel? You are an enemy of the cross, exactly as Paul talked about. You are one of them.

It is NOT legal nor moral for a Christian. It is a sin, contrary to the will and Word of God. You are justifying all sin due to your wrong view of sanctification, justification, etc. Using your logic, it is legal for a Christian to murder, lie, steal, fornicate, etc., but not helpful?!

Your words, Lucifer.

Pneuma

Paul tells us he preached the same message to the Jews and gentiles.
Acts 26:19-21
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance. 21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.
Jesus tells us that repentance and remissions of sin should be
preached in His name among ALL nations, BEGINNING at Jerusalem.

Luke 24:46-47
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Pneuma

According to MAD at the final judgment only the Jews are thrown into the lake of fire to be eternally tormented or annihilated. (depending on what you believe the lake of fire does).

So can someone from MAD tell us all what happens to the Gentile at the final judgment?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
According to MAD at the final judgment only the Jews are thrown into the lake of fire to be eternally tormented or annihilated. (depending on what you believe the lake of fire does).

So can someone from MAD tell us all what happens to the Gentile at the final judgment?

Would you please give some scriptural support to that claim. It is my understanding that only those who have rejected Jesus will be eternally tormented. The same would happen to any rejecter of Jesus, Gentile or Jew.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Would you please give some scriptural support to that claim. It is my understanding that only those who have rejected Jesus will be eternally tormented. The same would happen to any rejecter of Jesus, Gentile or Jew.

Some MAD types here believe in annihilation, a view not held by all MAD and not unique to it (it is also unbiblical, either way).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some MAD types here believe in annihilation, a view not held by all MAD and not unique to it (it is also unbiblical, either way).

I was referring to the point made that only Jews will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. I concur with your assessment of annihilation.

Pneuma

Well if Revelation is only to the Jews and only in the book of Revelation is the lake of fire mentioned, 1+1=2

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul tells us he preached the same message to the Jews and gentiles.

:up:

Now, what does he mean then the gospel of uncircumcision is commited to him, and the gospel of circumcision is commited to Pete? Since he went to both. And Peter went to both.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Now, what does he mean then the gospel of uncircumcision is commited to him, and the gospel of circumcision is commited to Pete? Since he went to both. And Peter went to both.

When did he say these words? What else did he say that is relevant? What ministry pattern happened before and after this chronology? If the gospel is based on Christ/cross/grace, how can there be two true post-cross NT gospels!?

Building an odd doctrine on one KJV proof text divorced from countless others in context is MAD's problem, not mine.

Pneuma

Where does Paul say that? maybe he said it like one of these.

New International Version (©1984)
On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as Peter had been to the Jews.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Instead, they saw that God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
In fact, they saw that I had been entrusted with telling the Good News to people who are not circumcised as Peter had been entrusted to tell it to those who are circumcised.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But contrariwise, when they had seen that to me was committed the gospel of the uncircumcision, as to Peter was that of the circumcision.

Darby Bible Translation
but, on the contrary, seeing that the glad tidings of the uncircumcision were confided to me, even as to Peter that of the circumcision,

Weymouth New Testament
Indeed, when they saw that I was entrusted with the preaching of the Good News to the Gentiles as Peter had been with that to the Jews--

World English Bible
but to the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the Good News for the uncircumcision, even as Peter with the Good News for the circumcision

Young's Literal Translation
but, on the contrary, having seen that I have been entrusted with the good news of the uncircumcision, as Peter with that of the circumcision,

Pneuma

Sure. Go read Revelation. That is our answer.

What! so are you now saying that the book of Revelations is for the Gentiles also?

You do realise Paul does not even mention the word hell in his teaching to the Gentiles except to tell them that hell has been defeated.

So according to MAD hell is only for the Jews as Paul makes no mention of it.