ECT THE FOLLY OF PROTESTANT SECTARIANISM

Cruciform

Hi and IRRELEVANT concerning bible truth as history is always written wrong and we never learn when reading history !!
  • That's patented nonsense which merely displays your ignorance, since Christianity itself is a historical faith.
  • The statements in my previous post weren't directed to you anyway.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

oatmeal

Post your proof for this wholly unsubstantiated assertion.

Impossible, given that the non-Catholic sects hold to competing and contradictory interpretations of Scripture, and hold to directly conflicting and mutually exclusive doctrines. God is not the author of such confusion. The Protestant sects have been invented by mere men; only Christ's one historic Catholic Church has been founded by Jesus Christ himself.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

II Timothy 2:15

II Peter 1:20

John 5:39

John 8:31-32,36

John 1:17

John 14:6

John 17:17,19

Galatians 3:1;4:16

Matthew 21:42

Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Matthew 22:29

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Acts 8:35

Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Acts 17:11

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Cruciform

II Timothy 2:15
II Peter 1:20
John 5:39
John 8:31-32,36
John 1:17
John 14:6
John 17:17,19
Galatians 3:1;4:16
Matthew 21:42
Matthew 22:29
Acts 8:35
Acts 17:11
Now go ahead and indicate which of these biblical texts says anything whatsoever about supposedly being, as you claim, "required to leave the CC."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

oatmeal

11059653_1453038898357454_3897714864460610056_n.jpg

CHRIST’S LOVE FOUNDED A CHURCH
Man’s Pride Invented Denominations & Sects

“And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church,
and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18)

Well, actually He did.

The RCC had forsaken scripture for 1600 years.

It took the reformation for the scripture to be taught in spite of the RCC's lack of interest in it.

Jamie Gigliotti

However, THE Church is that one historic and hierarchical Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D. [see this]

Yet the Holy Spirit guides us particularly by means of the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church (that is, the bishops).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Yes the first assembly was in Jerusalem and the Holy Spirit guided them. We are co-workers with the Spirit, but with insistence on an institution leading and men leading, there is danger for God to get lost in the mix.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
And, as I stated in reply:
"I can guarantee you that I have read and studied far more on ecclesiastical history---Catholic AND Protestant---than you have, friend. I'd be happy to provide you with a list of titles if you like."
The highlighted portion indicates why your study is grossly incomplete.

SaulToPaul 2

And, as I stated in reply:
"I can guarantee you that I have read and studied far more on ecclesiastical history---Catholic AND Protestant---than you have, friend. I'd be happy to provide you with a list of titles if you like."

:bow:

The LORD will be impressed at the judgment seat.

Cruciform

Yes the first assembly was in Jerusalem and the Holy Spirit guided them. We are co-workers with the Spirit, but with insistence on an institution leading and men leading, there is danger for God to get lost in the mix.
And yet Jesus Christ himself chose to found a visible, historic, and hierarchical Church, ordaining the apostles to guide and teach in his own name and by his very authority (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Jn. 4:6), and who went on to ordain successors to their ministry (bishops) to carry on the ordained leadership of Christ's Church right down to our own day.

See this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

The highlighted portion indicates why your study is grossly incomplete.
In what way, exactly, is my study of the history of the Christian faith (ecclesiastical history) supposedly "incomplete"? Go ahead and list the books that I have supposedly not read that you think I need to study.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
In what way, exactly, is my study of the history of the Christian faith (ecclesiastical history) supposedly "incomplete"? Go ahead and list the books that I have supposedly not read that you think I need to study.

Your study has been limited to ecclesiastical history. World history covers a far broader range and look at how the church influenced the world and how the world influenced the church. You have only studied half of what you need to.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

The bible [:eek: I couldn't resist]

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Go ahead and cite the number of the post in which I supposedly say that "my study has been limited to ecclesiastical history."

Site the post where you weren't bragging about your study of ecclesiastical history. You were so intent on proving that you have studied church history that you never mentioned anything else. Your grasp of church history does leaf one to wonder if you have looked into any other historical studies.

Cruciform

Site the post where you weren't bragging about your study of ecclesiastical history.
No more "bragging" than you were in recommending all the books you've supposedly read. Don't bother with the ad hominems. You're only showing your lack of any actual argument whatsoever.

In any event, your utter inability to cite the number of the post in which I supposedly said that my study was "limited to ecclesiastical history" is noted. :yawn:

You were so intent on proving that you have studied church history that you never mentioned anything else.

How is this a basis for your ridiculous assumption that ecclesiastical history is ALL I ever studied? Nice Non Sequitur Fallacy on your part.

Your grasp of church history does leaf one to wonder if you have looked into any other historical studies.
Already answered---and corrected---in previous posts.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+