ECT The falling away from the faith, and that man of sin is revealed in them

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is something goofy going on in here. I have lost a lot of my posts, and a whole new thread I posted earlier this morning is missing?????
Maintenance was being done on the site yesterday and the day before.
Some of the posts were lost during that time.

Sometimes when a site is updated for bug issues, it has to be reset to the last back-up that was done for the site before the bug was noticed. Since this site is backed-up regularly, we only lose a day or two of info (sometimes less, sometimes more).

It doesn't happen often, but it does at times.

I.S.I.T.

We read in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”

Paul here is talking about the man of sin being revealed, the son who will go into destruction, who has “that Wicked” spirit working in him. Many believe this to be a single evil man figure is yet to come, but Paul clearly mentions this spirit working in many, and it “the mystery of iniquity already working

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 “ Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness"

Again note, in them, they, them, they all is speaking about more than one man. (but many)

But what about sitting in the Temple of God? I believe Paul was speaking in a mystery when he said this, as he was also playing off of other parts of scripture in order to do this. As in Ezekiel 28:2 “Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:”

The Lord later goes on to say to this “man” in verse 13 “ Thou hast been in the garden of God;” Now we know the Prince of Tyrus was not in the garden of God, but man (Adam) was. But the Lord later goes on to call this man the “covering cherub.” So the message here is twofold speaking to man, and also to the spirit working in the heart of man, or mankind.

The Lord is not just speaking to the prince of Tyrus alone, but to the spirit of “that Wicked” which entered into man (Adam) when sin entered into man. (man of sin)

So when you understand the spirit and the sin nature of the devil is working in the heart of mankind, then we can begin to see what Paul was saying about this “man of sin” sitting in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God”.

Paul also gave us clue to confirm this message in 1 Corinthians 6:19 “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

So our bodies are that temple God created for Himself to dwell in by His Spirit, but “that Wicked” spirit entered in, when sin entered into man= “man of sin

And Paul goes on to say in 1 Corinthians 3:17 “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So whosoever has “that Wicked” spirit dwelling in them, (the temple of God) him shall God also destroy. = son of perdition, or son who goes into destruction.
Your heart is like the seat of authority for the mouth, your body is the temple, this is what defiles the temple of God....

Matthew 15:16-20

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: ..."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ezekiel 36:26 KJV
(26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

I.S.I.T.

Now you know where the "seat" of Satan/Beast truly is.

Revelation 2:13
I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Revelation 16:10
And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

Romans 1:21
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Chronicles 6:1 KJV
(1) Then said Solomon, The LORD hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.

Interplanner

ISIT wrote:
Quote Originally Posted by I.S.I.T. View Post
We read in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”

Paul here is talking about the man of sin being revealed, the son who will go into destruction, who has “that Wicked” spirit working in him. Many believe this to be a single evil man figure is yet to come, but Paul clearly mentions this spirit working in many, and it “the mystery of iniquity already working”

That's about the situation in Judea in those decades. The revolt did take over the temple.

There is a short time of rebellion all over earth at the end of time that is squashed by the coming of Christ, and there may be similarities, but Paul was talking about very immediate things there.

I.S.I.T.

ISIT wrote:
Quote Originally Posted by I.S.I.T. View Post

Paul here is talking about the man of sin being revealed, the son who will go into destruction, who has “that Wicked” spirit working in him. Many believe this to be a single evil man figure is yet to come, but Paul clearly mentions this spirit working in many, and it “the mystery of iniquity already working”

That's about the situation in Judea in those decades. The revolt did take over the temple.

There is a short time of rebellion all over earth at the end of time that is squashed by the coming of Christ, and there may be similarities, but Paul was talking about very immediate things there.

It's a progression of wickedness, as in Jesus parable about "the man" referring to a whole wicked generation. We know it started long ago as Paul said the mystery of iniquity was already working, but that wicked spirit will not be taken out of the way until Christ returns, as shown here...

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

This is the same sign of ungodliness being removed from Jacob at that time, and iniquity having an end in them.

Ezekiel 21:25
And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

Interplanner

It's a progression of wickedness, as in Jesus parable about "the man" referring to a whole wicked generation. We know it started long ago as Paul said the mystery of iniquity was already working, but that wicked spirit will not be taken out of the way until Christ returns, as shown here...

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

This is the same sign of ungodliness being removed from Jacob at that time, and iniquity having an end in them.

Ezekiel 21:25
And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

But there was a specific person who was to come within the 490 years, and did, and he is the leader of the 'rebellion that desolates' (I've never heard of a rebellion that did not have a leader), and these are historical facts. There was still a spirit of antichrist at the time, and many of them went out, but there was a person and he used the temple, and he made flamboyant claims, etc.

As we know from Jesus' experience, it was an ambomination to claim to be messiah, which he (the rebel leader) did.

I.S.I.T.

But there was a specific person who was to come within the 490 years, and did, and he is the leader of the 'rebellion that desolates' (I've never heard of a rebellion that did not have a leader), and these are historical facts. There was still a spirit of antichrist at the time, and many of them went out, but there was a person and he used the temple, and he made flamboyant claims, etc.

As we know from Jesus' experience, it was an ambomination to claim to be messiah, which he (the rebel leader) did.

Again, you keep going back to the prophecy of Daniel and the 70 weeks, or 490 years and the abomination of desolation. As I said before this prophecy is fulfilled already. This thread is about the falling away from the faith that was prophesied, and how many of the saints would fall back and be overcome, and how that Wicked spirit, and other evil spirits would be working in many as in Jesus parable of "a man" speaking of a whole wicked generation.

Also, like I said it is clear this is talking about the very last days because that spirit of covering is not going to be removed and destroyed until Christ returns.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Again, you keep going back to the prophecy of Daniel and the 70 weeks, or 490 years and the abomination of desolation. As I said before this prophecy is fulfilled already. This thread is about the falling away from the faith that was prophesied, and how many of the saints would fall back and be overcome, and how that Wicked spirit, and other evil spirits would be working in many as in Jesus parable of "a man" speaking of a whole wicked generation.

Also, like I said it is clear this is talking about the very last days because that spirit of covering is not going to be removed and destroyed until Christ returns.

Interplanner is a preterist and he's also stuck in the OT and stuck on Israel :chuckle: