ECT The falling away from the faith, and that man of sin is revealed in them

I.S.I.T.

We are warned in 1 Timothy 4:1 “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;” Also in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;”

The falling away from the faith above mentioned by Paul has to do with the saints of God being overcome by all the lies and deception of the Devil by way of his spirit, which is the spirit of a lie. This spirit of a lie is also shown as the false prophet spirit which works in many deceivers. As many false prophets and teachers were foretold to come into the world like a swarm of locusts from hell and darken the Light of the Truth in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I believe Paul was playing off the words of Jesus when he referred to “that man” and “son of perdition” in the above verse. But this is not to be misunderstood as a being single individual man yet to come in the future like Judas, but rather it speaks of the sin nature of man (mystery of iniquity) being raised back up again in the world and embraced. These seducing spirits and doctrines of devils would enter into the man-made church system, thereby causing many to play the Harlot with the ways of the world, and thereby making them desolate of good works and naked by sin.

Notice how Jesus refers to a whole wicked generation as “a man” and “ that man” (like Paul said) here in Matthew 12:43-45 “When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.”

Now notice the wording Jesus used showing the “last state of that man” referring to a whole wicked generation compared to Peters concerning this same falling away in 2 Peter 2:20-22 “For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.”

Many of the saints being overcome is also shown here in Revelation 13:7 “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.” So this spirit of deception and lies would also overcome many of the saints as is also confirmed here in Daniel 7:21 “I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;” That horn is the tail of the red Dragon, which speaks of the spirit of a lie working in all the false prophets of the world. This spirit of a lie was foretold to practice and prosper in the world and also cast the truth and also some of the host of heaven to the ground.

Continued on next...

I.S.I.T.

So was Paul talking about a single man in 2 Thess. or a single evil spirit and also other seducing spirits working in a whole wicked generation like Jesus said? Well if you read the whole chapter in 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 you will see this truth shown…“And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

Clearly Paul was talking about more than one single individual man in the above verses using words like them , they, and they all.

But what about the term “son of perdition?” It speaks of the same thing, as was first shown in Judas (one who broke bread at the Lords table) who also sold out the Truth for a pocket full of silver, just as the firstborn Esau sold his birth right for some red pottage.(sin) Look at what Peter had to say about the “son of perdition.”

Peter goes on to quote scripture concerning Judas, (son of perdition) in the Psalms Acts 1:20 “For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.” Now, in order to confirm my point about there being more than one “son of perdition” or son who goes into destruction, let’s look at the Psalms from where Peter was drawing this from.

In Psalm 69 we see this same language used in verse Psalm 69:25 “Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.” Notice the Psalm says “their” as in more than one. As a matter of fact, if you read the whole Psalm the Lord is speaking of many, like in verse 4 the Lord says “they that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head”. The Lord repeatedly uses the words “they their, and them”, in the Psalm just as Paul also used the same language in 2 Thess 2:10-12 describing the man of sin, (lawlessness) and son of perdition.

Now let’s confirm the same message in another Psalm which speaks of what Peter quoted also in Psalm 109:8 “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.” Now that sounds more like what Peter was quoting from when he said in Acts 1:20 “Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take” Which this does speak specifically about the single man Judas. (Which has already been fulfilled as Jesus noted in John 17:12.)

But let’s now look at that Psalm in the greater context of what is being said.

Psalm 109:1-13 Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.6 Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.”

So though him was referring to the single man Judas in this Psalm, as both Jesus and Peter confirmed, I believe it is very clear that Paul was not talking about a single man yet to come, but rather a whole wicked generation who would fall away from following after the Truth in Christ, and also go into destruction.

I.S.I.T.

We read in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”

Paul here is talking about the man of sin being revealed, the son who will go into destruction, who has “that Wicked” spirit working in him. Many believe this to be a single evil man figure is yet to come, but Paul clearly mentions this spirit working in many, and it “the mystery of iniquity already working

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 “ Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness"

Again note, in them, they, them, they all is speaking about more than one man. (but many)

But what about sitting in the Temple of God? I believe Paul was speaking in a mystery when he said this, as he was also playing off of other parts of scripture in order to do this. As in Ezekiel 28:2 “Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:”

The Lord later goes on to say to this “man” in verse 13 “ Thou hast been in the garden of God;” Now we know the Prince of Tyrus was not in the garden of God, but man (Adam) was. But the Lord later goes on to call this man the “covering cherub.” So the message here is twofold speaking to man, and also to the spirit working in the heart of man, or mankind.

The Lord is not just speaking to the prince of Tyrus alone, but to the spirit of “that Wicked” which entered into man (Adam) when sin entered into man. (man of sin)

So when you understand the spirit and the sin nature of the devil is working in the heart of mankind, then we can begin to see what Paul was saying about this “man of sin” sitting in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God”.

Paul also gave us clue to confirm this message in 1 Corinthians 6:19 “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

So our bodies are that temple God created for Himself to dwell in by His Spirit, but “that Wicked” spirit entered in, when sin entered into man= “man of sin

And Paul goes on to say in 1 Corinthians 3:17 “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So whosoever has “that Wicked” spirit dwelling in them, (the temple of God) him shall God also destroy. = son of perdition, or son who goes into destruction.

I.S.I.T.

More scriptures about falling away, and turning back.........

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Ezekiel 33:18 “When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.”

Matthew 7:26-27 “And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Matthew 15:14 “Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.”

Luke 6:39 “And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

1 Corinthians 10:12 “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Timothy 3:6 “Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1 Timothy 3:7 “Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1 Timothy 6:9 “But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.”

Hebrews 4:11 “Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”

Hebrews 6:4-8 “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hebrews 10:38 “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”

Acts 7:38-39 “This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,”

Luke 9:62 “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Luke 17:32-33 “Remember Lot's wife.33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.”

Genesis 19:26 “But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.”

Luke 8:13 “They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.”

2 Peter 1:10 “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

2 Peter 3:17 “Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.”

Revelation 2:5 “Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

Danoh

Isit, the seducing spirits are the men and their doctrines of men.

In other words - their own ideas.

Words communicate the spirit of one man on a thing - where he is looking at things from - to whom he is speaking his spirit, or mind on a thing about.

The word "and" is often at times in the sense of "even" or "in other words...."

Also; 1 Tim. 4 and 2 Thess. 2 are not the same issue.

The former is during a time after "that which is perfect" has "come," while the latter is at some latter point, when the return of signs and wonders is back - big time - as in Matthew thru John - once more...given what that was all about to begin with.

I.S.I.T.

There are 2 main spirits working in this world, the first spirit is from the god of this world, which is of the Devil.
The other is God's Holy Spirit working in all His anointed saints.

But there are evil angels(spirits)and there are good angels(spirits)that can influence the way one thinks. Plus there are evil spirits refereed to as "devils" and scripture says "doctrines of devils", but they being spirits do influence the minds and actions of men.

Psalm 104:4
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Psalm 78:49
He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

Danoh

There are 2 main spirits working in this world, the first spirit is from the god of this world, which is of the Devil.
The other is God's Holy Spirit working in all His anointed saints.

But there are evil angels(spirits)and there are good angels(spirits)that can influence the way one thinks. Plus there are evil spirits refereed to as "devils" and scripture says "doctrines of devils", but they being spirits do influence the minds and actions of men.

Psalm 104:4
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Psalm 78:49
He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

Of course...

So long as one just grabs passages and puts them together oblivious to each their respective place within the timeline that all Scripture is playing out in light of...

Might as well just do one's taxes according to any prior tax code - after all, its' all good ol U.S. of A.; right?

I.S.I.T.

Of course...

So long as one just grabs passages and puts them together oblivious to each their respective place within the timeline that all Scripture is playing out in light of...

Might as well just do one's taxes according to any prior tax code - after all, its' all good ol U.S. of A.; right?
I was giving you proof that angels are spirits, you said those seducing spirits and devils were just mens ideas, which shows how little you understand.

Those evil spirits are shown coming out of the bottomless pit (hell) in the book of Revelation, so no, they are not men, but spirits of devils. In my OP Jesus spoke of an unclean spirit and 7 other evil spirits, that enter back into mankind.

Danoh

Where is the love from the so called "grace" crowd? Makes ya wonder what spirit they are really of, eh? :)

Don't allow a few grace less Mads to cause you to conclude all Mads are that clueless about the real issue...

The real issue is the grace that Mid Acts is meant to result in being able to not only see with greater clarity, but to walk in towards others that are without - not the one sided "my way, or the highway" that you are encountering in some.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
…[F]alse prophets and teachers were foretold to come into the world like a swarm of locusts from hell…
They are a final plague (Rev. 9:3, 7).

I believe Paul was playing off the words of Jesus when he referred to “that man” and “son of perdition” in the above verse. But this is not to be misunderstood as a being single individual man yet to come in the future like Judas, but rather it speaks of the sin nature of man (mystery of iniquity) being raised back up again in the world and embraced.
That is the antichrist (2 Thess. 2:9).

Notice how Jesus refers to a whole wicked generation as “a man” and “that man” (like Paul said).
There is one Antichrist and there have been many antichrists (1 John 2:18–22).
n Matthew 12:43-45 “When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
That is an unclean spirit (a foul spirit)—a lower order Nephilim. David killed the last of the giants. Goliath’s head may have been under the cross (Ge 3:15). The giants were satanic types.

Part of their punishment is roaming the earth looking for bodies to live in.

…[C]ompared to Peters concerning this same falling away in 2 Peter 2:20-22 “For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
They liked their demon just fine and even miss him when he’s gone. They invite more.

Many of the saints being overcome is also shown here in Revelation 13:7 “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them…
A Christian is an overcomer. He has escaped: the world, the flesh and devil. He’s going in the rapture. :rapture: Tribulation saints will be overcome
rollface.gif
—two different groups of people. The so-called carnal Christian, the backslider—these are going in the tribulation.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
…[W]hat about sitting in the Temple of God? I believe Paul was speaking in a mystery when he said this…
After 3 ½ years he declares himself to be God. The Jews realize they’ve been duped and head for the wilderness where God protects them.

…[W]hosoever has “that Wicked” spirit dwelling in them, (the temple of God) him shall God also destroy. = son of perdition, or son who goes into destruction.
A Christian (an overcomer) cannot be demon-possessed because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 Jn 4:4). Satan can only be in one place at one time. He is fallen angel. He can possess a person (like Judas).

One scrawny angel takes him to the lake of fire (Re 19:20). Perhaps he will pause to let us kick him in the head.

Last edited: