Theology Club: The Faith of Christ

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That is right. The promise is given to Christians when they believed so millions of people have received the promise which was given to them.

So this translation cannot be correct because it says that the promise was only made to Abraham and the Lord Jesus:

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ" (Gal.3:16).​

Here is the correct translation:

"The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ" (Gal.3:16: NIV).​

I think you have a problem reading the King James Bible.

SaulToPaul 2

Jerry, and the like, can always find a translation that says it the way they want it said. It doesn't require any obedience to what is written. This is a man that can read a few Greek words, but cannot write it, or speak it.

I will take the King James Bible as it is written, and transform my thoughts to conform to it. I will not transform the words to match what I already believe.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It doesn't change anything, he only reads it better, and what the heck is his point?

Jerry Shugart

No, I have no problem with the KJV. The problem I have is with those in the KJO camp who base their arguments on their idea that the KJV is without error and any translation from another Bible cannot possibly be right if it differs from the KJV.

Jerry Shugart

The promise of the Spirit.
It was made to the seed, Christ.
He received it by his faith.
It is given to us when we believe.

That is right. The promise is given to Christians when they believed so millions of people have received the promise which was given to them.

So this translation cannot be correct because it says that the promise was only made to Abraham and the Lord Jesus:

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ" (Gal.3:16).​

Here is the correct translation:

"The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ" (Gal.3:16: NIV).​

Danoh

No, I have no problem with the KJV. The problem I have is with those in the KJO camp who base their arguments on their idea that the KJV is without error and any translation from another Bible cannot possibly be right if it differs from the KJV.

In other words, goes his assertion, he has a problem with those who have a problem with other translations, just as he has a problem with those whose views differ from his own.

In others words, he has a problem :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jerry Shugart

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.