ECT The essential irrationality of Dispensationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

"I'm trying to make D'ism collapse. it is a ridiculous approach. It is unhistorical and irrational at many points."

In a way, dispensationalism has "collapsed" on TOL - into the dialectic game, which older dispensationalists like Steve Quayle, Doug Hagmann or Rodney Howard-Browne do not get into very much. Many of the older dispensationalists did not preach on the doctrines of dispensationalism. But not preaching very much on dispensationalism but holding on to it is deceptive.

The learning of dispensationalism by people depends a lot upon the Capital C Church over which the clergy class rules as "lords over God's heritage." - I Peter 5: 3. When the dispensationalists took over the Southern Baptist Convention they not only booted out of their seminaries all the professors who were not dispensationaliss, but they got rid of the old Southern Baptist doctrine of the priesthood of the believer. In dispensationalism the preacher must be the "priest" who rules over the doctrines believed by the congregation.

Can't say I completely disagree with your above.

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

At the same time, your own error is just as obvious.

For you equate the "ism" as the culprit.

Fact is - take any individual who was already living by the hypocrisy of one rabidly entrenched double-standard or another, introduce them to an "ism" or "ology" or what have you, and such an individual is likely to automatically begin filtering his or her assertion of said "ism" through the lens of the rabidly entrenched double-standard, they had already been living out of.

I've seen this manifest itself in every walk of life, and...in every "ism" and or "ology" out there.

Be the individual a former practitioner of one martial art or another; be it a former alcoholic, or some other form of chemical abuse addict; be it a physicist formerly of a different school of physics; be it someone who had once held to one party of Politics or another; be it someone who professes having formerly been Reformed, or formerly Baptist, or formerly Dispensational, or formerly this, or formerly that - the infection that was long their duplicity is ever the same in those formerly rabid in their prior view to begin with - it too often infects where they view and or stand in support of their new view from.

This is why there is often no getting through to such about this problem - even the attempt of one such might other wise view as one of their own.

Thus, why we read of the shameful "He came unto his own - but his own received him not..." at the same time; in contrast to that of "But as many as received him..." John 1:11,12.

For to right off conclude the "ism" and or "ology" of such is itself the culprit, is another form of a double-standard, and is thus also, a hypocrisy, northwye.

"Ye have not so learned" that from "Christ..."

In contrast to your "one size fits all" in your above post, He had often made a distinction as to the things that differ between the two...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8, northwye.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Nope, we were here first.
You brought the war, disagreement, etc. and continue to do so.
Anybody ever tell you, "You're obsessed" ?

:carryon:

How can you honestly read that OP and say it is the sort of thing that you are? Have you read it?

Have you got to the point where the land restoration defines so much that you can't agree that God was in Christ reconciling the debt of sin, and rejoice in that? What sort of mob or cult are you?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How can you honestly read that OP and say it is the sort of thing that you are? Have you read it?

Yeah, I read it.
I don't understand the other question.

Have you got to the point where the land restoration defines so much that you can't agree that God was in Christ reconciling the debt of sin, and rejoice in that?

Nope... haven't gotten to that point.
I rejoice in 2Co 5:19.
For that matter... it's my commission from the ascended Christ thru the Apostle Paul.

What sort of mob or cult are you?

I'm neither.

DAN P

So you are saying both things will happen, right.

lol, Gal 4:10 is not a warning about the new covenant. It is in effect today and there are no days/ seasons/ sacrifices. Those people had put themselves back under the 1st covenant. You have no idea.

Hi and if the NEW COVENANT is in effect , than there are 2 ways to be saved !!

Today by the MYSTERY !!

And then Israel will be saved Matt 24:13 or Matt 10:22 and Israel has to ENDURE / HYOMENO and the verb SHALL BE SAVED / SOZO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE under a different Gospel as verse 14 explains , this GOSPEL of the Kingdom !!

dan p

Interplanner

Dan P wrote:
Hi and if the NEW COVENANT is in effect , than there are 2 ways to be saved !!

There's no if and there's no logical connection; 'non-sequitur'

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 7
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

When the LORD returns,

Jer 31
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

Status
Not open for further replies.