The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Planes can fly with out computer control, you did know that right?

There is instrument flying and visual flying. Pilots control airplanes and they determine adjustments. Auto pilot can be turned on and off. This is not debatable.

--Dave

I swear that I seriously wonder whether someone has hijacked your account and that I am not talking to the real David.

What in Hell does auto pilot have to do with what I said? How in sulfur smelling Hades, does your pointing out something so ridiculously obvious alter one single point of what I said? How is it even slightly responsive to the points I've made? What planet are you even on?

Are you intentionally wasting my time here or what?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The three historic cosmologies accurately account for the same calendar, the same location in the sky of sun, moon, and stars/planets from earth.
You can repeat this to yourself untill you turn blue and pass out but it won't make it true.

The difference is what is, or is not, moving and how far away everything is from each other.
You're sounding more and more like Einstein.

The three cosmological views arrange the parts differently but come up with the same effect from earth's view.
No, they absolutely do not. I'm finished repeating the same arguments.

Other than a possible faked moon landing and fake ISS video, no one has ever been outside of earths atmosphere and actually viewed earth from outer space, the moon, or another planet.

--Dave
It isn't faked and even if it were, you point would be irrelevant.

The problem here is that you simply have no idea what you're talking about and you seem to have no desire to learn. You're wasting my time.

Clete

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is pointless and does not address my argument.

--Dave

You object because it shows hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people are not in on the hoax. I watched SpaceX prepare and launch their first rocket. It crashed back down cost Musk millions to promote this hoax. Is that what you think? If you do, you are a complete idiot. And I know the point has already been made to you about all the people in on the hoax and blowing billions of dollars to keep it going for no reason.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You have to show me that there are actually satellites out there in orbit in order to prove your case.

--Dave

Space objects filmed by John Lenard Walson filmed through a telescope. The point of light in the first clip is a star which is shown clearly by adjusting the scope to make a "ring" as most astronomers will quite clearly recognize. The second point of light appears to be a star but this time when the camera zooms in on the point of light it's true identity is revealed:

Amateur astronomer John Lenard Walson devised an "apparatus" composed of a common CCD camcorder and a commercial grade telescope that is capable of zooming and focusing in on deep space objects (which appear to the naked eye as regular stars) in such a way that their shape and structure becomes clearly visible.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Space objects filmed by John Lenard Walson filmed through a telescope. The point of light in the first clip is a star which is shown clearly by adjusting the scope to make a "ring" as most astronomers will quite clearly recognize. The second point of light appears to be a star but this time when the camera zooms in on the point of light it's true identity is revealed:

Amateur astronomer John Lenard Walson devised an "apparatus" composed of a common CCD camcorder and a commercial grade telescope that is capable of zooming and focusing in on deep space objects (which appear to the naked eye as regular stars) in such a way that their shape and structure becomes clearly visible.

Interesting idea but crapy images. The video is out of focus the whole time as shown by his shots of the Moon at the end. Not that I'm criticizing much at all. Getting any such image would be extremely hard to do because satellites can't be made to "sit still" for the camera shot with the right mount like stars can.

This thread, if nothing else, has given me some cool projects to perform. Now I'm gonna see if I can capture images of satellites.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I swear that I seriously wonder whether someone has hijacked your account and that I am not talking to the real David.

What in Hell does auto pilot have to do with what I said? How in sulfur smelling Hades, does your pointing out something so ridiculously obvious alter one single point of what I said? How is it even slightly responsive to the points I've made? What planet are you even on?

Are you intentionally wasting my time here or what?

I made my point and it's absolute. Planes can fly straight and do not have to follow the curvature of the earth.

That would prove beyond doubt that the earth is a globe.

And why anyone would say a plane can't fly straight makes me question their sanity.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unless you know physics, you will never know what is right or wrong in it. So far you are not showing that anything is wrong with physics- you are showing that you are ignorant. Is that your goal?

I am questioning the power of gravity to keep a plane from flying straight without having to follow the curvature of the earth and you all respond with I don't understand physics.

Level means not curved.

In 10 miles the earth drops 66 feet.

In 20 miles the earth drops 266 feet.

In 30 miles the earth drops 600 feet.

A fighter jet can go 1 mile in 10 seconds.

In 5 minutes the curved earth would be 600 feet, plus the altitude before leveling off, below a jet flying straight.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You object because it shows hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people are not in on the hoax. I watched SpaceX prepare and launch their first rocket. It crashed back down cost Musk millions to promote this hoax. Is that what you think? If you do, you are a complete idiot. And I know the point has already been made to you about all the people in on the hoax and blowing billions of dollars to keep it going for no reason.

Their are millions of people who believe in Allah.

Their are millions of atheists.

Etc., they are not knowingly in on the hoax.

The deceivers have fooled the deceived and the money they spend is not even close to the money they make.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Sorry, this does not help.

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I made my point and it's absolute. Planes can fly straight and do not have to follow the curvature of the earth.
Which I granted and stated factually that, if they do so, they will increase their elevation (above sea level) by eight inches per mile squared. If the plane is not increasing its ASL then it is, by one means or another (i.e. electronically or manually), making course corrections - even if they don't realize that they are doing so.

That would prove beyond doubt that the earth is a globe.
Then what are you here arguing about? It's so proven every time a plane leaves the ground.

And why anyone would say a plane can't fly straight makes me question their sanity.

--Dave
No one has said any such thing.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I am questioning the power of gravity to keep a plane from flying straight without having to follow the curvature of the earth and you all respond with I don't understand physics.

Level means not curved.

In 5 minutes the curved earth would be 600 feet, plus the altitude before leveling off, below a jet flying straight.

--Dave

Level DOES NOT mean "not curved"!

It means perpendicular to the pull of gravity. Every level you've ever used works on that single principle.

If there is a related term that you could be accurately used to mean "not curved" it would be the word "true". Although that may not always be the case depending on the context. To say something is "true", in this sense, simply means that it is consistent with itself and/or something else. So, for example, if you're laying tile on a back-splash, you would want your grout lines to be both level AND true. The trueness of the grout lines means that they are laid in a consistent manner all the way across the back splash as well as being consistent with the counter top.

Aside from "true" the only other word I can think of to convey "not curved" in the way you are meaning it is "straight". But in no case does "level" mean "not curved", except in a non-technical, small-scale practical sense of the term because the Earth's curvature is negilgable on small scales.

Clete

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Their are millions of people who believe in Allah.

They are not paying billions of dollars to promote a hoax. I told you, I watched SpaceX prepare and launch Falcon 1. It is not a hoax. Unless you think I am lying to you.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which I granted and stated factually that, if they do so, they will increase their elevation (above sea level) by eight inches per mile squared. If the plane is not increasing its ASL then it is, by one means or another (i.e. electronically or manually), making course corrections - even if they don't realize that they are doing so.

Then what are you here arguing about? It's so proven every time a plane leaves the ground.

No one has said any such thing.

You can have this view but it violates the rule of logic in two ways.

The law of identity or definition, level is not level on a curved earth.

The law of non contradiction, A plane cannot both be going straight and ascending at the same time.

The rules of rational thought have been abandoned by globe earth cosmology and empirical verification is not possible by an explanation called gravity. And in case you didn't know, explanations and equations based on explanations are not proofs.

--Dave

Last edited:

chair

Level means not curved.

--Dave

Dave, we keep saying that because it is true. You don't understand.

Planes do not fly in a straight line. Nor can ships sail in a straight line. Nor can trains travel in a straight line.

You are beyond obstinate. Dave, either learn some physics, or go watch the sun set. The sun does not get smaller. It sinks slowly. Really truly. Go see it yourself.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Sorry, this does not help.

--Dave

It doesn't help you because you are a troll and therefore nothing anyone posts could possibly "help." You could get your own telescope and prove the existence of satellites and other galaxies for yourself if you were really honest about it, but your aren't. So in reality it is you who does not help.

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Interesting idea but crapy images. The video is out of focus the whole time as shown by his shots of the Moon at the end. Not that I'm criticizing much at all. Getting any such image would be extremely hard to do because satellites can't be made to "sit still" for the camera shot with the right mount like stars can.

This thread, if nothing else, has given me some cool projects to perform. Now I'm gonna see if I can capture images of satellites.

If you can do better I would certainly encourage you to do so and post the video for us to check out.

There are some better images of satellites in this clip, just ignore the overly dramatic music:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, we keep saying that because it is true. You don't understand.

Planes do not fly in a straight line. Nor can ships sail in a straight line. Nor can trains travel in a straight line.

You are beyond obstinate. Dave, either learn some physics, or go watch the sun set. The sun does not get smaller. It sinks slowly. Really truly. Go see it yourself.

If a plane can...then the earth is not a globe.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.