The Day of the LORD - The coming Time of Jacob's Trouble

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Wail, for the Day of the LORD is near!
It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
Therefore all hands will fall limp,
And every man’s heart will melt.
They will be terrified,
Pains and anguish will take hold of them;
They will writhe like a woman in labor,
They will look at one another in astonishment,
Their faces aflame.

Behold, the Day of the LORD is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.

For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not flash forth their light;
The sun will be dark when it rises
And the moon will not shed its light.

Thus I will punish the world for its evil
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud
And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.
I will make mortal man scarcer than pure gold
And mankind than the gold of Ophir.

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble,
And the earth will be shaken from its place
At the fury of the LORD of hosts
In the day of His burning anger.

Isaiah 13:6-13
When was Isaiah written? What does Isaiah prophesy about? What does this refer to? Why is Babylon mentioned (do you know)? Do you know that Judah (the southern kingdom), after the northern kingdom Israel was taken by Assyria, was taken into exile for 70 years by Babylon?

Isaiah 13:13 The burden against Babylon which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw.

Was the day of the LORD here when Babylon came against Judah?

beameup

What does Isaiah prophesy about?

Come near, ye NATIONS [Gentiles], to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the EARTH hear, and all that is therein; the WORLD, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the LORD is upon ALL NATIONS, and his fury upon ALL their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. - Isaiah 34:1-2

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Come near, ye NATIONS [Gentiles], to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the EARTH hear, and all that is therein; the WORLD, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the LORD is upon ALL NATIONS, and his fury upon ALL their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. - Isaiah 34:1-2
I don't know what this is talking about.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When was Isaiah written? What does Isaiah prophesy about? What does this refer to? Why is Babylon mentioned (do you know)? Do you know that Judah (the southern kingdom), after the northern kingdom Israel was taken by Assyria, was taken into exile for 70 years by Babylon?

Isaiah 13:13 The burden against Babylon which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw.

Was the day of the LORD here when Babylon came against Judah?
I don't know.

beameup

I don't know what this is talking about.

How about this:
And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible Day of the LORD come.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the NAME of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the REMNANT [of Jews] whom the LORD shall call.
- Joel 2:30-32
NOTE: "the Name of the LORD" is Jesus/Yeshua

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How about this:
And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible Day of the LORD come.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the NAME of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the REMNANT [of Jews] whom the LORD shall call.
- Joel 2:30-32
What are you sharing here? I have read the Bible, the scriptures. I know some from what you have quoted, but I don't understand what it is talking about.
I believe I can say I disagree. Do you disagree with me on this?

HaShem means "the name". When you see LORD it is God's name, but a reason exists for seeing LORD rather than YHVH (from the Hebrew, yod-hey-vav-hey). Hebrew is read from right to left. יהוה

Exodus 6:3 NASB - and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.

Psalm 110:1-7 NASB - 1 A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." 2 The LORD will stretch forth Your strong scepter from Zion, saying, "Rule in the midst of Your enemies." 3 Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power; In holy array, from the womb of the dawn, Your youth are to You as the dew. 4 The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek." 5 The Lord is at Your right hand; He will shatter kings in the day of His wrath. 6 He will judge among the nations, He will fill them with corpses, He will shatter the chief men over a broad country. 7 He will drink from the brook by the wayside; Therefore He will lift up His head.

1 Corinthians 12:3 NASB - 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

The cross references for Psalm 110:1 at BlueLetterBible.org are as follows.

Psalm 8:1 NASB - For the choir director; on the Gittith. A Psalm of David.O LORD, our Lord,How majestic is Your name in all the earth,Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!

Matthew 22:42 NASB - "What do you think about the Christ, whose son is He?" They said to Him, "The son of David."

Matthew 22:43 NASB - He said to them, "Then how does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying,

Matthew 22:44 NASB - 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET"'?

Matthew 22:45 NASB - "If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his son?"

Matthew 22:46 NASB - No one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day on to ask Him another question.

Mark 12:35 NASB - And Jesus began to say, as He taught in the temple, "How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David?

Mark 12:36 NASB - "David himself said in the Holy Spirit,'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET."'

Mark 12:37 NASB - "David himself calls Him 'Lord'; so in what sense is He his son?" And the large crowd enjoyed listening to Him.

Luke 22:41 NASB - And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray,

Mark 16:19 NASB - So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

Acts 2:34 NASB - "For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says:'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,

Ephesians 1:20 NASB - which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

Ephesians 1:21 NASB - far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.

Ephesians 1:22 NASB - And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,

Hebrews 12:2 NASB - fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 3:22 NASB - who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

Psalm 2:6 NASB - "But as for Me, I have installed My KingUpon Zion, My holy mountain."

Psalm 2:7 NASB - "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:He said to Me, 'You are My Son,Today I have begotten You.

Psalm 2:8 NASB - 'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.

Psalm 2:9 NASB - 'You shall break them with a rod of iron,You shall shatter them like earthenware.'"

Psalm 45:6 NASB - Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

Psalm 45:7 NASB - You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;Therefore God, Your God, has anointed YouWith the oil of joy above Your fellows.

1 Corinthians 15:25 NASB - For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

Hebrews 1:3 NASB - And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Hebrews 1:13 NASB - But to which of the angels has He ever said,"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIESA FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET"?

Hebrews 10:12 NASB - but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,

Hebrews 10:13 NASB - waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.

beameup

I believe I can say I disagree.
Who did you "call upon" to be saved??

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for The Day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD [Yeshua] will be the hope [salvation] of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
Joel 3:14-16

Yeshua is SALVATION, there can be no other NAME:
Neither is there salvation in any other:
for there is no other name under heaven
given among men, whereby we must be saved

Acts 4:12

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Who did you "call upon" to be saved??

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for The Day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD [Yeshua] will be the hope [salvation] of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
Joel 3:14-16

Yeshua is SALVATION, there can be no other NAME:
Neither is there salvation in any other:
for there is no other name under heaven
given among men, whereby we must be saved

Acts 4:12
I believe you are changing what the scriptures say. That is not a good idea.

Joel 2:32 HNV - It will happen that whoever will call on the name of the LORD shall be saved; For in Mount Tziyon and in Yerushalayim there will be those who escape, As the LORD has said, And among the remnant, those whom the LORD calls.

Acts 4:12 NASB - "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Acts 22:3-16 NASB - 3 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated under Gamaliel, strictly according to the law of our fathers, being zealous for God just as you all are today. 4 "I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and putting both men and women into prisons, 5 as also the high priest and all the Council of the elders can testify. From them I also received letters to the brethren, and started off for Damascus in order to bring even those who were there to Jerusalem as prisoners to be punished. 6 "But it happened that as I was on my way, approaching Damascus about noontime, a very bright light suddenly flashed from heaven all around me, 7 and I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?' 8 "And I answered, 'Who are You, Lord?' And He said to me, 'I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you are persecuting.' 9 "And those who were with me saw the light, to be sure, but did not understand the voice of the One who was speaking to me. 10 "And I said, 'What shall I do, Lord?' And the Lord said to me, 'Get up and go on into Damascus, and there you will be told of all that has been appointed for you to do.' 11 "But since I could not see because of the brightness of that light, I was led by the hand by those who were with me and came into Damascus. 12 "A certain Ananias, a man who was devout by the standard of the Law, and well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, 13 came to me, and standing near said to me, 'Brother Saul, receive your sight!' And at that very time I looked up at him. 14 "And he said, 'The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth. 15 'For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard. 16 'Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

Hebrews 10:1-39 NASB - 1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says,"SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED,BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME; 6 IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE. 7 "THEN I SAID, 'BEHOLD, I HAVE COME(IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME)TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.'" 8 After saying above, "SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them" (which are offered according to the Law), 9 then He said, "BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL." He takes away the first in order to establish the second. 10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; 12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, 13 waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET. 14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. 15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying, 16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,"He then says, 17 "AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." 18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin. 19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. 26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY." And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE." 31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. 32 But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings, 33 partly by being made a public spectacle through reproaches and tribulations, and partly by becoming sharers with those who were so treated. 34 For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one. 35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. 37 FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE,HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY. 38 BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM. 39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 NASB - 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

beameup

I believe you are changing what the scriptures say. That is not a good idea.

The Scriptures are accurately quoted. There is no need to divert from the Scriptures presented, unless you don't want to be confronted with truth. The Day of the LORD is found throughout the Tanakh, but you seem to divert away from the evidence of the Scriptures.

It seems that you simply "don't know":
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that The Day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 Apostle Paul, circa 53 A.D.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Scriptures are accurately quoted. There is no need to divert from the Scriptures presented, unless you don't want to be confronted with truth. The Day of the LORD is found throughout the Tanakh, but you seem to divert away from the evidence of the Scriptures.
No. I know the day of the LORD is referred to there. It is not the only place. We also have the New Testament, as you mention below.
It seems that you simply "don't know":
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that The Day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 Apostle Paul, circa 53 A.D.
What is this referring to?

Does the day of the LORD refer to one event only, throughout all of scripture?

beameup

Day of the LORD
What is this referring to?
God's direct intervention upon the WHOLE EARTH

‘The LORD will roar from on high
And utter His voice from His holy habitation;
He will roar mightily against His fold.
He will shout like those who tread the grapes,
Against all the inhabitants of the earth.

‘A clamor has come to the end of the earth,
Because the LORD has a controversy with the nations.
He is entering into judgment with all flesh;
As for the wicked, He has given them to the sword,’ declares the LORD.”

Thus says the LORD of hosts,
“Behold, evil is going forth
From nation to nation,
And a great storm is being stirred up
From the remotest parts of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:30b-32

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's direct intervention upon the WHOLE EARTH

‘The LORD will roar from on high
And utter His voice from His holy habitation;
He will roar mightily against His fold.
He will shout like those who tread the grapes,
Against all the inhabitants of the earth.

‘A clamor has come to the end of the earth,
Because the LORD has a controversy with the nations.
He is entering into judgment with all flesh;
As for the wicked, He has given them to the sword,’ declares the LORD.”

Thus says the LORD of hosts,
“Behold, evil is going forth
From nation to nation,
And a great storm is being stirred up
From the remotest parts of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:30b-32

I have no problem with this. I have no problem with any scripture. I don't know what it is talking about or when it is talking about.

beameup

I have no problem with this. I have no problem with any scripture. I don't know what it is talking about or when it is talking about.

The Scripture tells that there will be two direct divine interventions upon the earth.
The first, often called the "first advent", was when Jesus was born of the virgin Mary.
The second, often called the "second advent", will be the "Day of the LORD" when Jesus returns in judgment.

The Day of the LORD is characterized by judgment of unbelievers. We have examples of "localized" judgment, like the situation of Sodom and Gomorrah. We have an example of the entire world being destroyed by the Great Flood. In all cases, the righteous were saved from the judgment.

False Prophet

[18] Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
[19] As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
[20] Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
Amos 5

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Scripture tells that there will be two direct divine interventions upon the earth.
The first, often called the "first advent", was when Jesus was born of the virgin Mary.
The second, often called the "second advent", will be the "Day of the LORD" when Jesus returns in judgment.

The Day of the LORD is characterized by judgment of unbelievers. We have examples of "localized" judgment, like the situation of Sodom and Gomorrah. We have an example of the entire world being destroyed by the Great Flood. In all cases, the righteous were saved from the judgment.
I don't understand what you are saying. I am unfamiliar with this teaching. But I do believe there is a day of the LORD that is yet to come. That is my current belief. Why do you say this is when Jesus returns in judgment? What do you mean by that? Here are scriptures with the words day of the LORD or day of the Lord.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[18] Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
[19] As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
[20] Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
Amos 5
Thank you for posting this. I have learned some by reading this scripture. What is it talking about?

Many long for the return of Jesus. What is this scripture about here that you have quoted? Do you believe that the day of the LORD in scripture always refers to the same thing?

God is the Judge, and those who do not obey God have something to fear. As for man, we do have this verse.

1 Peter 3:13 NASB - 13 Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?

What do you mean by quoting this scripture, these scriptures? You quoted Amos 5:18-20. Are you quoting it because of the reference to the day of the LORD? What do these scriptures tell us about? Do you believe the day of the LORD in scripture always refers to the same thing? Is the day of the LORD always judgment, for example? Does it refer to the same event whenever we see these words, such that all of the scriptures that refer to the day of the LORD refer to the same one event? Or, is it something else? Is our understanding to be different from this?

beameup

The Day of the LORD

Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the EARTH. And it shall come to pass, that he who flees from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare:
For the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake. The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a shack; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
-- Isaiah 24:17-23

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Day of the LORD

Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the EARTH. And it shall come to pass, that he who flees from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare:
For the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake. The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a shack; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
-- Isaiah 24:17-23

Thank you for sharing this scripture. Is it your understanding that this has already occurred or do you believe that it is yet to come?

beameup

Thank you for sharing this scripture. Is it your understanding that this has already occurred or do you believe that it is yet to come?

The Holy Spirit (ruach 'elohim) designed the scriptures so that a truth is "spread out" across the scriptures. He did not design the scriptures in a way that a truth is found concentrated in one "chapter" like a text book. The Holy Spirit has given you "clues" to look for, like the phrase "Day of the LORD", so that you can follow all of these "leads", combined together, to find a truth.

However, without the indwelling Holy Spirit, you will not understand.

beameup

Here is another Scripture concerning "The Day of the LORD":

Jesus speaking: I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For The Day of Vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redemption is come. - Isaiah 63:3-4

And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth. - Isaiah 63:5-6