The Day of the LORD - The coming Time of Jacob's Trouble

beameup

And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him: But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
- Jeremiah 30:4-9

beameup

Wail, for the Day of the LORD is near!
It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
Therefore all hands will fall limp,
And every man’s heart will melt.
They will be terrified,
Pains and anguish will take hold of them;
They will writhe like a woman in labor,
They will look at one another in astonishment,
Their faces aflame.

Behold, the Day of the LORD is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.

For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not flash forth their light;
The sun will be dark when it rises
And the moon will not shed its light.

Thus I will punish the world for its evil
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud
And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.
I will make mortal man scarcer than pure gold
And mankind than the gold of Ophir.

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble,
And the earth will be shaken from its place
At the fury of the LORD of hosts
In the day of His burning anger.

Isaiah 13:6-13

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What are these scriptures talking about?

Really?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Really?

Of course. I want to know.

beameup

Jesus called it the "Great Tribulation".
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake [of Israel] those days shall be shortened. - Matthew 24:21-22

It will be "cut short" when Messiah returns to earth.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course. I want to know.

The prophet told you. He will punish the wicked for their evil. This is all of those outside of Christ that will not be transformed and will not meet him in the air.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus called it the "Great Tribulation".
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake [of Israel] those days shall be shortened. - Matthew 24:21-22

It will be "cut short" when Messiah returns to earth.
I think I need more time with this subject. I only want to go with what scripture says. I am having trouble understanding what your view is here. Hopefully you, and I, will only submit to what scripture says. Is great tribulation different from an idea of a great tribulation?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The prophet told you. He will punish the wicked for their evil. This is all of those outside of Christ that will not be transformed and will not meet him in the air.
I don't know why you say this. I want to go with what scripture says. I am not sure what scriptures you are speaking of or why you are combining them. You can explain your view if you want. I want to understand the scriptures the way God wants me to. When you present scripture it is best that each person who hears what you say understands what the scriptures say and what your view of the scriptures is. I don't want to just accept your view. I do believe all of scripture. People have their ways of understand scripture, the scriptures they are reading. I want to understand the way God wants me to understand. This may be a study of the day of the LORD, and what it is, and if all references to the day of the LORD are in reference to the same thing, etc.... I don't know about your ideas of transformed and meeting the Lord in the air. But we do have Jesus talking to Martha and Paul's letter or epistle to the Thessalonians. Are these scriptures talking about something different?

John 11:25-26 NASB - 25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB - 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

I understand about the resurrection, and that all are judged after death by God by Jesus whom He has appointed. Are we judged when we are resurrected or are we judged before we are resurrected?

Acts 24:15 NASB - 15 having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

What is the last day? With study of God's word the Bible will our understanding grow as our knowledge of all that is there increases? Can we just understand for each scripture passage we are reading, from the context that is there?

What is the last days?

Etc....

From, will come like a thief, can we say all these scriptures are referring to the same thing?

2 Peter 3:10 NASB - 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Revelation 3:3 NASB - 3 'So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 NASB - 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.

When is or was the day or the LORD? Is it a day yet to come even now? What is God teaching us by scripture, His word?

Is God's wrath in judgment when a person dies? Or, is it at the end of the world or the end of the age? I don't know where these ideas come from (anything in this paragraph). What does scripture, God's word, say. Maybe our understanding will change as we are continually exposed to scripture.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know why you say this.

Because I know the terror of the Lord, I warn others. You were right to ask. The great and awesome day of the Lord is a day of wrath. It seems you do not know this. You should be thankful that poster put up those scriptures which is what you asked about.

The day of the Lord. You asked. What is the disconnect?

I want to go with what scripture says.

He showed you what it says.

I am not sure what scriptures you are speaking of or why you are combining them.

The day of the Lord. There is more than one time it is brought up, and he showed you a couple of them because you asked.

I want to understand the scriptures the way God wants me to.

He wants you to believe him and trust him. You don't have to interpret what you shall not steal means. It means what it says.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because I know the terror of the Lord, I warn others. You were right to ask. The great and awesome day of the Lord is a day of wrath. It seems you do not know this. You should be thankful that poster put up those scriptures which is what you asked about.

The day of the Lord. You asked. What is the disconnect?

He showed you what it says.

The day of the Lord. There is more than one time it is brought up, and he showed you a couple of them because you asked.

He wants you to believe him and trust him. You don't have to interpret what you shall not steal means. It means what it says.

The scriptures mean what they say. Some people differ about what they say. I am talking about myself, and my desire to have a, the, right understanding of what I read when and as I am reading scripture. There is only one right way to view scripture. Some people might learn something slightly different from another person. We do not all think they same way. But God's word is only one way.

When I was in Bible School we studied the day or the LORD. I understand there are different views. But in God there is only one right view. Is there only one day of the LORD? Has the day of the LORD in scripture referred to different things, not at different times, but referring to different times or one time in the future (will there be anything after the day of the LORD, is it in the future?), but in the different scriptures that refer to the day of the LORD? These are (all) thoughts that might help, but then we still need to study it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here are scome scriptures about the day of wrath, or that use the words day of wrath.

Proverbs 11:4 NASB - Riches do not profit in the day of wrath,But righteousness delivers from death.

Zephaniah 1:15 NASB - A day of wrath is that day,A day of trouble and distress,A day of destruction and desolation,A day of darkness and gloom,A day of clouds and thick darkness,

Romans 2:5 NASB - But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

A concordance search for (the words) "the day of the LORD wrath" includes these verses.

Psalm 110:5 NASB - The Lord is at Your right hand;He will shatter kings in the day of His wrath.

Ezekiel 7:19 NASB - 'They will fling their silver into the streets and their gold will become an abhorrent thing; their silver and their gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD. They cannot satisfy their appetite nor can they fill their stomachs, for their iniquity has become an occasion of stumbling.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Consider the following verse.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 NASB - and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.

I don't know what the wrath to come that Paul wrote about here is. I don't know if it is the same as the day or the LORD, either.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
See Acts 13.

Yeshua came. He died and rose from the dead.

Everything we read will help us to understand better the big picture. I hope this will help, since people talk about the day of the LORD in different ways. They talk or speak about it differently, one from the other (one from another).

Can we think about David, and Yeshua? Can we think about if the kingdom came?

Remember the Lord's prayer? The prayer He taught His disciples? "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven".

Consider what is said here.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - 13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

I do need help to understand these things.

Consider Jesus at the right hand of God. There are more verses than just the following.

Matthew 22:44 NASB - 44 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET"'?

Matthew 26:64 NASB - 64 Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

Mark 12:36 NASB - 36 "David himself said in the Holy Spirit,'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET."'

Mark 14:62 NASB - 62 And Jesus said, "I am; and you shall see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

Mark 16:19 NASB - 19 So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

Luke 20:42 NASB - 42 "For David himself says in the book of Psalms,'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,

Luke 22:69 NASB - 69 "But from now on THE SON OF MAN WILL BE SEATED AT THE RIGHT HAND of the power OF GOD."

Was there a day of the LORD before Jesus? Was there a day of the LORD with Jesus? I don't know why some have referred to the destruction of the second temple, Israel, and Jerusalem in AD 70 as the day of the LORD. Is the day of the LORD yet future? From then and from now?

Will there be a kingdom with Yeshua, David, (which is it) reigning upon the earth? Did the kingdom come in Jesus 2000 years ago?

Some say the kingdom was postponed. Regardless, will it be in the future? Was it true that it was postponed or did it come in Jesus? What do the scriptures say?

Consider the following, and after this from Revelation as well.

Revelation 3:14-22 NASB - 14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this: 15 'I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. 17 'Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 'Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"

When would these thousand years be? What is meant by them?

Revelation 20:2 NASB - And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

Revelation 20:3 NASB - and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

Revelation 20:4 NASB - Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:6 NASB - Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

beameup

I don't know what the wrath to come that Paul wrote about here is.
I don't know if it is the same as the day or the LORD, either.

Think of it this way: God the Son will "take out the trash" from the earth prior to His return. Only a small number of living humans will survive this "purge" and enter into the glorious Kingdom of Messiah.

"Thus I will punish the world for its evil

And mankind [scarcer] than the gold of Ophir."

Isaiah 13:12

The Day of the LORD

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Think of it this way: God the Son will "take out the trash" from the earth prior to His return. Only a small number of living humans will survive this "purge" and enter into the glorious Kingdom of Messiah.

"Thus I will punish the world for its evil

And mankind [scarcer] than the gold of Ophir."

Isaiah 13:12

The Day of the LORD

That is not what I see there. And I don't know why you say God the Son.

beameup

And I don't know why you say God the Son.

The Day of the LORD (YHWH) is crystal clear in scripture.
Yeshua is Messiah, Yeshua is God, Yeshua is God-man
and will sit upon David's Throne as King & Priest.
That's the "message" from the Tanakh.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together,
against the LORD, and against his Anointed [Yeshua], saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

- Psalm 2:1-5

The meek shall inherit the earth (restored by Yeshua)!

beameup

Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty. The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD [YHWH] alone shall be exalted in that day. For The Day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low -- Isaiah 2:10-12

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Day of the LORD (YHWH) is crystal clear in scripture.
Yeshua is Messiah, Yeshua is God, Yeshua is God-man
and will sit upon David's Throne as King & Priest.
That's the "message" from the Tanakh.

The meek shall inherit the earth (restored by Yeshua)!
This is not what I believe. Yeshua is the Christ, and He has come (2000 years ago).

Luke 2:11 NASB - for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Matthew 16:20 NASB - 20 Then He warned the disciples that they should tell no one that He was the Christ.

Acts 2:36 NASB - 36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ--this Jesus whom you crucified."

Ephesians 2:12 NASB - 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

The new covenant has come, with Yeshua 2000 years ago.

Jeremiah 31:31 NASB - "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Luke 22:20 NASB - And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

1 Corinthians 11:25 NASB - In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hebrews 8:8 NASB - For finding fault with them, He says,"BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD,WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH;

Hebrews 8:13 NASB - When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Hebrews 9:15 NASB - For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24 NASB - and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

beameup

This is not what I believe. Yeshua is the Christ, and He has come (2000 years ago).

I've posted about 30 posts on the subject of who He is, using only the Tanakh. You are free to look at all of these original topics which I've posted in the last two months. There are at least 100 portions of the Old Testament directly quoted concerning this Person. HE appears throughout the O.T. and first introduced Himself to Moses as "I AM". Read it all for yourself.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins:
for if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:24
Unless you believe that Yeshua is I AM, you cannot receive the Holy Spirit.