The day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty

beameup

Thank you too.
I think we both understand each others position. Maybe more discussing on this we can become more like minded, as the Lord wants us to be.
No, you are approaching the scripture from a pre-conceived position.
I've shown you the Paradigm whereby all the "pieces fall into place", and there are no "contradictions".

That is what some people say, but it is not truth, for Jesus gave the new covenant first to the Jews.

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my LAW in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:31,33

The "new covenant" was presented to Israel, but the nation rejected it.
After the "Day of the LORD", all Israel (the remnant) will receive it.

balut55

Wow. There is an interesting story there about your wife's grandfather.

I do understand much about the Catholic denomination. I was raised Catholic, it was my family's life.
As for Jesus when he comes back, the scriptures say it will be not to bear sin; and it will be at the resurrection.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The scriptures do not say he is going to live on this earth again. The scriptures say after the judgement and resurrection, and God's wrath, Jesus will live on the new earth with us and at that time the kingdom will be handed over to the Father.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

balut55

Day of the lord is not his physical presence.

I'm encouraged that you enjoy scripture. I have a question. Have you read revelations and do you think the Pope is the false prophet? I have spent a lot of time analyzing his statements and actions. Especially his meeting with Krill,the head of the Russian Orthodox Church and the recent decision to ban or make preaching outside the Orthodox Church illegal in Russia. Have you spent time reading about his statements or looking into him in depth?

Jerry Shugart

The scriptures do not say he is going to live on this earth again.

Who, in this verse, is the righteous Branch?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

Could it be the Lord Jesus Christ, who will sit upon His throne when He returns to the earth?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

Thanks!

beameup

There is no mention anywhere about Jesus living on this earth and ruling from an earthly throne.

There are a multitude of references to Messiah living on the earth and ruling from an earthly throne.
Here are a couple of threads on the subject:
He who will build the TEMPLE of the LORD will SIT and RULE on His THRONE
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?121671-He-who-will-build-the-TEMPLE-of-the-LORD-will-SIT-and-RULE-on-His-THRONE-Zechariah&highlight=throne+david

I YHWH will raise unto David a righteous Branch, a King over the Earth
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?119884-I-YHWH-will-raise-unto-David-a-righteous-Branch-a-King-over-the-Earth&highlight=david+throne

Obviously #29, you don't know your scriptures.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are a multitude of references to Messiah living on the earth and ruling from an earthly throne.
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?121671-He-who-will-build-the-TEMPLE-of-the-LORD-will-SIT-and-RULE-on-His-THRONE-Zechariah&highlight=throne+david

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?119884-I-YHWH-will-raise-unto-David-a-righteous-Branch-a-King-over-the-Earth&highlight=david+throne

Yep!

God's Truth

No, you are approaching the scripture from a pre-conceived position.
I've shown you the Paradigm whereby all the "pieces fall into place", and there are no "contradictions".
I gave many scriptures. Why are you not addressing them and what I said and what you think?

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my LAW in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.Jeremiah 31:31,33

The "new covenant" was presented to Israel, but the nation rejected it.
No not all Israel rejected it, the remnant did not reject it.
After the "Day of the LORD", all Israel (the remnant) will receive it.
The remnant already received it.

God's Truth

Day of the lord is not his physical presence.

I'm encouraged that you enjoy scripture. I have a question. Have you read revelations and do you think the Pope is the false prophet? I have spent a lot of time analyzing his statements and actions. Especially his meeting with Krill,the head of the Russian Orthodox Church and the recent decision to ban or make preaching outside the Orthodox Church illegal in Russia. Have you spent time reading about his statements or looking into him in depth?

Well many think that the false prophet is the Catholic denomination. Are you asking if I think this present Catholic pope is 'thee' false prophet? I have not been looking into Krill and not sure what you are saying. Who is banning what? What does the Catholic pope have to do with the Orthodox Church? The Orthodox church is not under the Catholic pope. Could you explain more what you mean?

God's Truth

Who, in this verse, is the righteous Branch?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

Could it be the Lord Jesus Christ, who will sit upon His throne when He returns to the earth?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

Thanks!

David's throne is a throne over Israel. Jesus is not only on a throne over Israel, but on a throne above all.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Ephesians 1:21
far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

God's Truth

The Great White Throne Judgement is when Jesus comes to judge the living and the dead; it is at the resurrection when he comes again.

Mark 14:62 "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

God's Truth

Jesus is sitting now on the throne.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

God's Truth

I am not going to read your links you need to know your beliefs and be able to explain them to me here and with scripture.

Maybe it is too obvious that you judged yourself correctly when you said I do not know scriptures.

beameup

I am not going to read your links you need to know your beliefs and be able to explain them to me here and with scripture.

Maybe it is too obvious that you judged yourself correctly when you said I do not know scriptures.

Well #29, you don't know your scriptures, and it looks like you are afraid to look at the multitude of scriptures that are in the links I listed for you.

I'll let the Holy Scriptures "do the talkin'", as they are empowered by God the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Well #29, you don't know your scriptures, and it looks like you are afraid to look at the multitude of scriptures that are in the links I listed for you.

I'll let the Holy Scriptures "do the talkin'", as they are empowered by God the Holy Spirit.

Post what you want to say here.

beameup

Just for starters, here are 16 portions of Scripture on the subject:
Jeremiah 23:3-6
Zechariah 6:12-13
Isaiah 11:1-5
Jeremiah 33:15-18
Isaiah 4:2-6
Psalm 22:28
Jeremiah 3:17
Genesis 49:10
Hosea 3:4-5
Isaiah 9:6-7
Psalm 132:11,13,14
Zechariah 14:6,9
Micah 5:2
Psalm 89:34-37
Daniel 7:13-14
Isaiah 59:20
2 Samuel 7:12-13

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is sitting now on the throne.

The Lord Jesus is presently sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne.
That throne is not the throne of David.
GOD irrevocably promised that Messiah would rule from David's throne over the twelve tribes restored to the land and to the uttermost parts of this earth.
I believe what He promised.
You obviously don't.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Lord Jesus is presently sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne.
That throne is not the throne of David.
GOD irrevocably promised that Messiah would rule from David's throne over the twelve tribes restored to the land and to the uttermost parts of this earth.
I believe what He promised.
You obviously don't.

I wanted to give you rep for this, but apparently I have to wait 24 hours. Just wanted you to know.

: )

# Steko bringing the soft spoken, true BLAM!