The day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty

God's Truth

Thanks for the response.

Thank you too.
I really do understand your position.

I think we both understand each others position. Maybe more discussing on this we can become more like minded, as the Lord wants us to be.

Others feel it is necessary to separate the ministry and message of Jesus that He delivered specifically to his people, the Jews, while he was on the earth.

You are right, people try to separate the ministry and the message of Jesus while he was on earth. So far we are greatly in agreement.

They would separate that very specific message to Jews, from the information that Jesus revealed, following his resurrection, to Paul and John (and others). This information Paul calls a "direct revelation" that had been a hidden mystery from the very beginning of time (ie: "new information" not provided in the four Gospels).

That is what some people say, but it is not truth, for Jesus gave the new covenant first to the Jews.
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (ie: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob). - Romans 15:8

Whereof I [Paul] am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory - Colossians 1:25-27

How that by revelation he made known unto me [Paul] the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit
Ephesians 3:3-5

So, with this "new information" (that was a hidden mystery), a more complete and expanded picture of end-times events can be understood.

Right; just because Paul is saved later and given the gospel later does not mean the other apostles did not know the gospel.

Paul explains that Jews are not cut off forever; but many take what Paul as saying is that there is a different time when ALL Jews will be saved.

balut55

How do people get that when Jesus comes again it will be to come to sit on an earthly throne here and take animal sacrifices? When Jesus comes again it will be as a thief in the night.

When a thief comes in the night it is to take lives; the thief knows that the people are home and asleep.

The thief that comes in the morning comes when he thinks no one is home. He does not want to hurt anyone, he just wants to take material possessions.

How does anyone get that Jesus is going to come to sit on an earthly throne and save those NOT waiting for him?

Jesus is the day of the lord and tribulations. God gives Satan his free reign for a short time. But remember that even the very elect could be fooled. The problem is that the Bible is read in pieces out of context and revelations is ignored by most religion. If that isn't enough of a problem we also have the problem of church doctrine (infiltration by Satan through the creator of that religion that was looking for glorification on earth.) Or just total blindness induced by Satan.(some Jewish people) my personal experience is that tradition of men is very much a brain washing thing. I have had a heck of a time sanctifying my wife through God's word.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.mark 7:8

My wife actually uses the word tradition when justifying her false catholic position induced by Satan and tradition. Her grandfather accepted Catholicism at the end of a gun. Some tradition huh.?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

balut55

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.its only the inner court. We are grafted onto the inner court.

Interplanner

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.its only the inner court. We are grafted onto the inner court.

Mt24A is about the 1st century Judea situation, and you all are missing one very important feature of the 2nd coming: it is always said to transpire very quickly; a blink, a single breath blown out from the Lord. Because of these 2 things there is no point to the time spent on detailed synchronizing of 'end times' events.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Howl ye; for The Day of the LORD is at hand;
it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Isaiah 13:6 ...
"Is 2:12 the day of the LORD. The phrase “day of the LORD,” (DOL) appears 19 times in the OT (Obad. 15; Joel 1:15; 2:1, 11, 31; 3:14; Amos 5:18, 20; Is. 2:12; 13:6, 9; Zeph. 1:7, 14; Ezek. 13:5; 30:3; Zech. 14:1; Mal. 4:5) and 4 times in the NT (Acts 2:20; 1 Thess. 5:2; 2 Thess 2:2; 2 Pet. 3:10) to express the time of God’s extreme wrath. The DOL can refer to a near future judgment (Ezek. 13:5; 30:3) or a far future judgment (Zech. 14:1; 2 Thess. 2:2). Two DOL expressions yet remain to be fulfilled: 1) at the end of Daniel’s 70th week (see Joel 3:14; Mal. 4:5; 1 Thess. 5:2) and 2) at the end of the Millennium (see 2 Pet. 3:10). The DOL can occur through providential means (Ezek. 30:3) or directly at the hand of God (2 Pet. 3:10). At times, the near fulfillment (Joel 1:15) prefigures the far fulfillment (Joel 3:14); on other occasions, both kinds of fulfillment are included in one passage (13:6, 9; Zeph 1:7, 14). Here Isaiah looks to the far fulfillment at the end of the time of Jacob’s trouble (Jer. 30:7)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 958). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
..."[N]o man knows the day or the hour". However, the "times and seasons" are known
Yeppers.
213.gif

balut55

Mt24A is about the 1st century Judea situation, and you all are missing one very important feature of the 2nd coming: it is always said to transpire very quickly; a blink, a single breath blown out from the Lord. Because of these 2 things there is no point to the time spent on detailed synchronizing of 'end times' events.

The day of the lord is seven years.

balut55

Why because you will be raptured out of your 4,000 square foot home while only those "foreigners" are beheaded. Are you gonna go there.? Exceptional Americans could never get beheaded. Well there is a chance we are nuked instead. Why aren't poor Middle East Christians,that probably are very devout Christians, not being raptured. The rapture really is exclusively taught in the US. It's actually kind of comical. Cars crashing into each other and planes crashing and landing on people. With God up there going whoops. I made a little boo boo on that one. It is gonna take an extreme amount of perseverance to die for Jesus.

balut55

It's as if you think we don't need a bible. Why does God want us to search truth and read the Bible? Do you evangelize? Do you point out prophecies that are being fulfilled to tell people to cement Jesus?

God's Truth

Jesus is the day of the lord and tribulations. God gives Satan his free reign for a short time. But remember that even the very elect could be fooled. The problem is that the Bible is read in pieces out of context and revelations is ignored by most religion. If that isn't enough of a problem we also have the problem of church doctrine (infiltration by Satan through the creator of that religion that was looking for glorification on earth.) Or just total blindness induced by Satan.(some Jewish people) my personal experience is that tradition of men is very much a brain washing thing. I have had a heck of a time sanctifying my wife through God's word.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.mark 7:8

My wife actually uses the word tradition when justifying her false catholic position induced by Satan and tradition. Her grandfather accepted Catholicism at the end of a gun. Some tradition huh.?

Wow. There is an interesting story there about your wife's grandfather.

I do understand much about the Catholic denomination. I was raised Catholic, it was my family's life.

As for Jesus when he comes back, the scriptures say it will be not to bear sin; and it will be at the resurrection.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The scriptures do not say he is going to live on this earth again. The scriptures say after the judgement and resurrection, and God's wrath, Jesus will live on the new earth with us and at that time the kingdom will be handed over to the Father.

God's Truth

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death. For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET.

When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all. " (1 Corinthians 15:22-28)

Romans 2:5
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Revelation 11:18 The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small— and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

John 5:28-30
Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

God's Truth

So from the scriptures we can see that when Jesus comes again, it will be at the Great White Throne Judgement, when some people are raised to eternal life, and some people are raised to eternal condemnation...that is the wrath of God.

Then death and Hades will be thrown in the lake of fire.

The last enemy will be destroyed and then Jesus hands the kingdom over to the Father.

There is no mention anywhere about Jesus living on this earth and ruling from an earthly throne.