THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN

DougE

Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Some say that the sons of God in the verse above refers to fallen angels, who, with the daughters of men, bore children.

Who were the sons of God in this passage?

Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

In the above verse we can read that men began to call upon the name of the Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I think that by applying Romans 10:13, and 1 John 3:2, it can be determined that the men of Genesis 4:26 are the sons of God. These men were of God, saved because they called upon the name of the Lord.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Note that the verse above says there were giants in the earth at the time that the sons of God bore children with the daughters of men, and also after that. Therefore, it could not have been the fallen angels that produced these giants, since, the giants were already present when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men.

genuineoriginal

Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Some say that the sons of God in the verse above refers to fallen angels, who, with the daughters of men, bore children.

The sons of God in that passage are the same as in these passages:

Job 1:6
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1
1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Job 38:1-7
1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?​

All the sons of God shouted for joy when God laid the foundations of the earth, before Adam was created from the dust of the earth.

genuineoriginal

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Note that the verse above says there were giants in the earth at the time that the sons of God bore children with the daughters of men, and also after that. Therefore, it could not have been the fallen angels that produced these giants, since, the giants were already present when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men.
There were giants in those days (the time before the flood) and also after that (the time after the flood).

Genesis 6:4 EXB
4 The ·Nephilim [L fallen ones; C the significance of the name is unclear] were on the earth in those days and also later. That was when the sons of God ·had sexual relations with [L came in to] the daughters of ·human beings [T man; C Hebrew: Adam; 1:27–28]. These women gave birth to children ·who became famous [L men of a name] and were the mighty warriors of long ago. [C The Nephilim of Num. 13:31–33, though not related genealogically, were giants, suggesting these pre-flood Nephilim were also.]​

iamaberean

The sons of God in that passage are the same as in these passages:

Job 1:6
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1
1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Job 38:1-7
1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?​

All the sons of God shouted for joy when God laid the foundations of the earth, before Adam was created from the dust of the earth.

God was asking Job, "where were you when?".
Scripture does not ever state that angels are sons of God, they are neither male nor female, they are spirit.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Adam was the son of God and all his children would also be sons and daughters of God.

genuineoriginal

Scripture does not ever state that angels are sons of God
Correct, but the scriptures do state that there are sons of God that often meet with God.
they are neither male nor female
The word translated as "angel" in the KJV is h4397 מַלְאָךְ mal'ak, which is a masculine noun, showing that angels are male.
they are spirit.
True.
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Adam was the son of God and all his children would also be sons and daughters of God.
Scripture states that the sons of God had children with the daughters of Adam, creating giants.
It sounds like you are missing something in your theory.

iamaberean

Scripture states that the sons of God had children with the daughters of Adam, creating giants.
It sounds like you are missing something in your theory.
Where, in the scripture below, does it say that the sons of God had children with the daughters of 'Adam'?

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them.

genuineoriginal, when you don't understand a scripture you shouldn't try to change God's word to agree with you. Instead you need to study scripture so that your understanding agrees with God's word.

genuineoriginal

Where, in the scripture below, does it say that the sons of God had children with the daughters of 'Adam'?

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them.
I highlighted the word that says they are daughters of "adam", which is the transliteration of the Hebrew word for human beings.

genuineoriginal, when you don't understand a scripture you shouldn't try to change God's word to agree with you. Instead you need to study scripture so that your understanding agrees with God's word.
I am not changing God's word.
I study the scripture in depth, which includes checking the Hebrew and Greek words used to verify whether the translation has acquired a different meaning than the original intent.
That is why I know for a Biblical fact that the men of Genesis 4:26 are NOT the sons of God in Genesis 6.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God."

glorydaz

[Where, in the scripture below, does it say that the sons of God had children with the daughters of 'Adam'?

Yes, and the "daughters of men" were those fools (children of men) who said there was no God, as spoken of here in the Psalm. They were not the sons of God....with Seth men began to seek after God. Gen. 4:26

Psalm 14:1-2 KJV
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

The sons of God were marrying the daughters of men (unequally yoked to unbelievers)...."who eat up my people" influenced (the sons of God)

Psalm 14:3-4KJV They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.​

Psalm 14:5KJV There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.​

There have always been the righteous and the ungodly....that mixing was the problem in Noah's day.

DougE

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Job 38:7

By this verse, it may be that the morning stars and the sons of God are the same. In this context the sons of God are angels. See Revelation 1:20 where angels are stars.

I agree that the sons of God above are angels, however, that does not mean it is the only use of the sons of God.

Adam was referred to as the son of God as well.

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. Luke 3:38

Marriage is not for the angelic beings.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Matthew 22:30

Last edited:

beameup

The Hebrew in Genesis 4 indicates that "men began to profane the name of God" (using God's name in vain).