ECT The Cross Has Made You Flawless

Jamie Gigliotti

I am sure you mean "His" and not "their" love and presence. . . :)

I praise God for you and what He has done in your life not only for you but, more importantly, for Him in that He is gaining a son for His glorious kingdom government. I pray we can walk and talk together in our seeking intimacy in Him per John 17. Lets together lift Him up above all else.:thumb:

Lov'in Jesus,

His, theirs ...Ahh the Oneness of God and Unity of His love yet seemingly beyond comprehensible nature of the their seperate identities. Father, Son, Holy Spirit...

Amen!! Praying you continue to built up in His might, and love and image. I look forward to working with you to fight the lies that the enemy uses to work against the glorious Kingdom of one true King, who will reign forever... In Jesus name. Amen.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Why then are you and all legitimate children of GOD chastised with painful suffering??? Heb 12:5-12

Causing suffering for no reason is another definition of torture.
You assume much for one who does not know God.

"No reason"? Ha!

oatmeal

The Cross Has Made You Flawless

1 Corinthians 1:17

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1 Corinthians 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Galatians 5:11

And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

Galatians 6:12

As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

Galatians 6:14

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Ephesians 2:16

And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Philippians 2:8

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Philippians 3:18

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Galatians 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

1 Peter 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

I John 2:1

StanJ

Not sure what the premise of the OP is as none was given, but what about Heb 12:1 (NIV) or Matt 5:48 (NIV) ?

ttruscott

Originally Posted by ttruscott
Why then are you and all legitimate children of GOD chastised with painful suffering??? Heb 12:5-12

Causing suffering for no reason is another definition of torture.
You assume much for one who does not know God.

"No reason"? Ha!

If we are perfect in Christ with no sin or without it being accounted to us then why does HE continue to punish us as Heb 12:5-12 says???

Context can be important, eh?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If we are perfect in Christ with no sin or without it being accounted to us then why does HE continue to punish us as Heb 12:5-12 says???

Context can be important, eh?

in the final judgement we are flawless in Christ Jesus to God -

because of Christ we are sinless and perfect in God's Eyes -

Colossians 1:14 KJV - Colossians 1:20 KJV - Colossians 1:22 KJV -

Interplanner

My Greek professor said it this way, commenting on the "rich welcome" in 2 Pet 1:11:

When some believers enter the great assembly of heaven, things will be silent because no one will have known anything about them. When others enter, there will be a deafening roar, because of the number of people rescued by them or known to have heard the message God had for them.

This is like the though captured by the book THE APPLAUSE OF HEAVEN.

Interplanner

Now, if you mean disobedient as in openly in denial or reprobate, or just plain not accepting the fact that Christ alone can justify us from our sins, or that such a problem does not exist, then I don't think there is hope.

If we deny Him, he will deny us. I understand that to mean at the day of judgement.

Cross Reference

Now, if you mean disobedient as in openly in denial or reprobate, or just plain not accepting the fact that Christ alone can justify us from our sins, or that such a problem does not exist, then I don't think there is hope.

If we deny Him, he will deny us. I understand that to mean at the day of judgement.

Bring it home to today's life we profess to be in Him but with no evidence to back it up.

Last edited:

ttruscott

I always figured when I was chastening my children I was teaching them...not punishing them. They are children, after all.

Semantics doesn't matter - the claim here was that we are flawless in Christ which implies either we don't sin or our sins are overlooked since HE sees the blood instead BUT

then why are we chastised??? For our flawlessness? Obviously not. Then for sin but if we are being chastised for sin until we are trained in righteousness, Heb 12:11, how are we flawless? Our righteousness is obviously lacking!!??

My theology reconciles this contradiction easily but all some can do is ignore the implications of Heb 12:5-11 or attack me personally.

ttruscott

IF we are flawless, sinless and perfect - why then are we chastised painfully so as to be trained into righteousness? Heb 12:5-11

Being flawless, sinless and perfect cannot contradict our need to be trained in righteousness so how do you explain that?

StanJ

Colossians 1:14 KJV - Colossians 1:20 KJV - Colossians 1:22 KJV -

We are legally not held accountable because of Jesus' sacrifice and our acceptance thereof, but that does not translate into actuality.
We are ALL sinners saved by Grace and IF we sin we have an advocate with the Father. 1 John 2:1-2 (NIV)

Cross Reference

We are legally not held accountable because of Jesus' sacrifice and our acceptance thereof, but that does not translate into actuality.
We are ALL sinners saved by Grace and IF we sin we have an advocate with the Father. 1 John 2:1-2 (NIV)

And though delivered there most always is a price that still must be paid.

glorydaz

Semantics doesn't matter - the claim here was that we are flawless in Christ which implies either we don't sin or our sins are overlooked since HE sees the blood instead BUT

then why are we chastised??? For our flawlessness? Obviously not. Then for sin but if we are being chastised for sin until we are trained in righteousness, Heb 12:11, how are we flawless? Our righteousness is obviously lacking!!??

My theology reconciles this contradiction easily but all some can do is ignore the implications of Heb 12:5-11 or attack me personally.

Not for our sins...we are no longer under the law.... but for our growth. We are in the process of being conformed into the image of the Son.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

In this world we will have tribulation. We shouldn't be attributing that tribulation to God, and sometimes that is exactly what people do. All things work together for good, for those who love God.