The coronavirus scam

Arthur Brain

I am waiting for someone to try to post evidence that Fauci did not fund virus research at the Wuhan lab with American tax dollars.
Nobody besides you was silly enough to claim that Fauci co-invented Covid-19 so the burden of proof is solely on you to support the notion. Do you not have the evidence to prove your own claim? Such a surprise if so...

marke

Nobody besides you was silly enough to claim that Fauci co-invented Covid-19 so the burden of proof is solely on you to support the notion. Do you not have the evidence to prove your own claim? Such a surprise if so...
Let me rephrase so we can all agree. Fauci funded the research that gave us covid from the Wuhan lab. Happy?

way 2 go

However, some scientists told PolitiFact that the Wuhan lab did conduct gain-of-function research on bat viruses, some of which was funded by the Ecohealth Alliance grant.

way 2 go

The unearthed conference follows a heated exchange between Fauci and Senator Rand Paul, where the NIAID Director denied providing funding to the Wuhan Institute of Virology to conduct gain of function research.

NIH grant records reveal, however, that money sent to the New York-based EcoHealth Alliance was used for research conducted at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

The official event web page states:

The opening ceremony was chair by Prof. Zhiming Yuan, the Director of Wuhan National Biosafety Level 4 (P4) Laboratory. Prof. Xinwen Chen, the Director General of WIV, delivered the opening address, in which he pointed out that as a qualified academic exchange activity, this workshop will definitely put forward new ideas for the research on emerging viral diseases control, biosafety laboratory and global health security. The workshop is divided into five academic sessions, including (1) gain of function research,

marke

The unearthed conference follows a heated exchange between Fauci and Senator Rand Paul, where the NIAID Director denied providing funding to the Wuhan Institute of Virology to conduct gain of function research.

NIH grant records reveal, however, that money sent to the New York-based EcoHealth Alliance was used for research conducted at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

The official event web page states:

The opening ceremony was chair by Prof. Zhiming Yuan, the Director of Wuhan National Biosafety Level 4 (P4) Laboratory. Prof. Xinwen Chen, the Director General of WIV, delivered the opening address, in which he pointed out that as a qualified academic exchange activity, this workshop will definitely put forward new ideas for the research on emerging viral diseases control, biosafety laboratory and global health security. The workshop is divided into five academic sessions, including (1) gain of function research,
Leftists stupidly blame Trump for covid deaths everywhere, including in NY rest homes, and also stupidly claim Fauci was caught completely by surprise by the covid virus.

Arthur Brain

masks haven't worked for preventing wuflu
"Haven't worked" in what way? They're not a cure but they do aid in reducing the flow of transmission as you can educate yourself on or don't. It's a waste of time bothering further with people who act like children posting stupid gifs.

Arthur Brain

Let me rephrase so we can all agree. Fauci funded the research that gave us covid from the Wuhan lab. Happy?
No, but this little merry go round hasn't been fun as it is so you and the other conspiracy lot can carry on with the usual. The sane world moves on.

marke

"Haven't worked" in what way? They're not a cure but they do aid in reducing the flow of transmission as you can educate yourself on or don't. It's a waste of time bothering further with people who act like children posting stupid gifs.
Let's just say that just because biased humans want to believe masks stopped the virus or that meditation and yoga stopped the virus because when they practiced those faiths the virus went down does not mean that those exercises of faith were what caused the virus thereat to ebb.

marke

No, but this little merry go round hasn't been fun as it is so you and the other conspiracy lot can carry on with the usual. The sane world moves on.
In other words, "I cannot prove Fauci was not involved with the funding of the Wuhan lab during the period the lab was developing covid, but I still insist such a claim is nothing but a conspiracy theory."

Arthur Brain

In other words, "I cannot prove Fauci was not involved with the funding of the Wuhan lab during the period the lab was developing covid, but I still insist such a claim is nothing but a conspiracy theory."
That's exactly what it is. If you're familiar with how these things work then the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, not on anyone else to disprove it. You can make any bat crazy claim you like, if you haven't got evidence to support the posit then nobody is obliged to take it seriously, give it credence or regard it with any sort of merit whatsoever. You haven't supplied any and you've had ample opportunity so either do so or don't. until you do (or more likely don't) then you and your claim can be summarily dismissed.

If you supply actual evidence directly on point to support your claim then I'll engage. If you do the predictable usual, such as the above, then have fun because there's only so much time to waste on any given day.

marke

That's exactly what it is. If you're familiar with how these things work then the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, not on anyone else to disprove it. You can make any bat crazy claim you like, if you haven't got evidence to support the posit then nobody is obliged to take it seriously, give it credence or regard it with any sort of merit whatsoever. You haven't supplied any and you've had ample opportunity so either do so or don't. until you do (or more likely don't) then you and your claim can be summarily dismissed.

If you supply actual evidence directly on point to support your claim then I'll engage. If you do the predictable usual, such as the above, then have fun because there's only so much time to waste on any given day.
I have no burden to prove anything to the blind who refuse to see.

expos4ever

1. You have zero credible evidence that masks don't work.

2. You appear to intentionally mislead readers. It has been repeatedly pointed out that charts such as the one you show are misleading. Why? Because they omit other important factors. Such as testing. Such as variants. No one (at least no one who is responsible) has said that masks alone will drive down rates of infection.

Here is the problem: you guys systematically distort and bend the truth. You systematically post videos from sources of unknown quality. You systematically post material from conspiracy-sites.

In essence, without the moral restraint that the rest of us practice, you are free to flood the internet with buckets and bucket of lies. And this is a huge problem. In the US (thank God, I don't live there), vaccination rates are falling as hesitant people refuse to get the shot. Well, while some of the rest of the population will suffer, it is primarily the vaccine-hesitant that will suffer. Some will die. And since Republicans are 10 times more likely to refuse the vaccine that Democrats, who will be dying in the coming months, Republicans or Democrats?

And with such razor-sharp vote margins in many states, I suggest the dark possibility that a kind of evolution by natural selection effect will pick off enough vaccine-hesitant Republicans to make a difference in 2022 and 2024.

So, since you guys love your Trump, stay alive to vote!

expos4ever

That's exactly what it is. If you're familiar with how these things work then the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, not on anyone else to disprove it. You can make any bat crazy claim you like, if you haven't got evidence to support the posit then nobody is obliged to take it seriously, give it credence or regard it with any sort of merit whatsoever.
Of course. This strategy of shifting the burden of proof is so common among those on the right, one wonders if people are not instructed to use this strategy during meetings in church basements on Wednesday evenings.

I have not been following everything in the tapestry of lunacy that is this thread - did someone actually suggest that it is incumbent on you to "prove Fauci was not involved with the funding of the Wuhan lab"?

Gary K

Banned
Of course. This strategy of shifting the burden of proof is so common among those on the right, one wonders if people are not instructed to use this strategy during meetings in church basements on Wednesday evenings.

I have not been following everything in the tapestry of lunacy that is this thread - did someone actually suggest that it is incumbent on you to "prove Fauci was not involved with the funding of the Wuhan lab"?
This is hilarious. More projection. What the left is guilty of doing they always project upon their opponents. The history of this behavior is long and sordid.

It's also hilarious that you make the claim of Wednesday night prayer meetings in church basements teaching people to dissemble. That's exactly what the left does only you guys omit the prayer and the honesty. They've been doing it for decades. Hillary is known to have been recruited in marxism that way as her pastor was a marxist infiltrator.

Wednesday night meetings are called prayer meetings. Just the opposite of leftist behavior is learned in prayer meetings. I know. I've attended many of them over the decades. Never once have I heard anything like the fantasy you project.

Arthur Brain

Yep. The claim has been made that Fauci co-invented Covid19. No such proof or anything resembling evidence has been given to support this. The response is the predictable same: Poster claiming such isn't under any obligation to provide such evidence and that nobody has disproved poster's original claim feebly attempting to shift the burden of proof.

marke

1. You have zero credible evidence that masks don't work.

2. You appear to intentionally mislead readers. It has been repeatedly pointed out that charts such as the one you show are misleading. Why? Because they omit other important factors. Such as testing. Such as variants. No one (at least no one who is responsible) has said that masks alone will drive down rates of infection.

Here is the problem: you guys systematically distort and bend the truth. You systematically post videos from sources of unknown quality. You systematically post material from conspiracy-sites.

In essence, without the moral restraint that the rest of us practice, you are free to flood the internet with buckets and bucket of lies. And this is a huge problem. In the US (thank God, I don't live there), vaccination rates are falling as hesitant people refuse to get the shot. Well, while some of the rest of the population will suffer, it is primarily the vaccine-hesitant that will suffer. Some will die. And since Republicans are 10 times more likely to refuse the vaccine that Democrats, who will be dying in the coming months, Republicans or Democrats?

And with such razor-sharp vote margins in many states, I suggest the dark possibility that a kind of evolution by natural selection effect will pick off enough vaccine-hesitant Republicans to make a difference in 2022 and 2024.

So, since you guys love your Trump, stay alive to vote!
Why don't we just relax and accept the new changes which developed recently and overturned earlier science? Biden himself has now admitted we do not have to wear masks. Why? Because masks are no longer essential to keep large numbers of people from getting covid.

marke

Those who regularly reject the numerous media claims involving Fauci's funding of the Wuhan lab during the time it was developing the coronavirus have the burden to prove those news accounts wrong if they think they are not accurate.

marke

Yep. The claim has been made that Fauci co-invented Covid19. No such proof or anything resembling evidence has been given to support this. The response is the predictable same: Poster claiming such isn't under any obligation to provide such evidence and that nobody has disproved poster's original claim feebly attempting to shift the burden of proof.
Fauci did not invent the covid virus, he just funded the Wuhan lab during the time it was creating the virus. Try to get it right.

Bartato

My wife and I both had the "dreaded and deadly covid" back about six weeks ago. In our case, it was roughly comparable to a cold in terms of severity (with somewhat different symptoms).

I had a fever for a couple days, some headaches, was more sleepy than usual, and coughed here and there for about a week and a half. My wife had a similar case. I honestly felt ill enough to stay home from work for about two days (though I stayed home much longer for quarantine purposes).

I'm 47, and probably healthier than average. Also, and I think this is very important, we take nutritional supplements (most notably vitamin D, and Zinc) which are known to be extremely helpful for combating covid.

Covid does not seem like a disease which would merit the destructive policies implemented by governments around the world.

The "vaccine" may make sense for the over 65 crowd, particularly if they have serious health problems.

The "vaccine" makes no sense at all for the other 90% of the population. The rest of us should just eat a little better, lose a bit of weight, take some vitamin D, and move on with their lives.

A rational person has to weigh the risk benefit tradeoff when considering taking the "vaccine".

At this point we know the risk of covid is statistically insignificant (almost zero) for people under 65.

We don't fully know the risks associated with the "vaccine". This is a new type of "vaccine", or "gene therapy", which has never been successfully used before. I don't feel like being a guinea pig. I'll let other people do that.

These "vaccines" have not been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. They have merely been granted an emergency use exemption. Something with cold like symptoms (in my case) hardly seems like an emergency.